Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If mayo is so bad, why does the song say "mayo days be merry and bright"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I've been having bad reactions to eggs lately so I have been eating vegan mayo and yeah it's better, idk how though.

But yeah imagine moderating your taste in condiments based on your politics??

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Hulk, but white with a smattering of yellow. That is what I'm turning into right now. The Buttered Popcorn Hulk

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
a tiny hit of mayo to add moisture on a sandwich or a chicken salad can occasionally be delightful

anything else is loving disgusting

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

he who has given up on buttered popcorn has given up on life

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Harold Krell posted:

Buttered popcorn was a thing that was socially acceptable in what I believe to be the 40s and 50s, but has really fallen out of favor, especially with the introduction of nasty artificial butter topping.

A good modern alternative is a very light drizzle of olive oil and sea salt. It makes you appreciate the flavor of raw popcorn and it doesn't give you that disgusting bloated feeling you get after leaving the theater.

no one here is talking about the oil poo poo at movie theaters. It's very easy to make your own fyi hth etc

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
butter popcorn is a moot issue, popcorn sucks. rarely is a food as malicious as popcorn. its pathetic, really. hey popcorn, grow your own loving teeth and gums instead of trying to weasel your way into mine. gently caress you

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Khanstant posted:

butter popcorn is a moot issue, popcorn sucks. rarely is a food as malicious as popcorn. its pathetic, really. hey popcorn, grow your own loving teeth and gums instead of trying to weasel your way into mine. gently caress you

This post wtf

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm not putting greek yogurt on a goddamn BLT and I'm not putting loving OLIVE OIL on popcorn that guy needs a therapist

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Up next: "Hummus: Too exciting. Use oatmeal instead!"

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

greek yogurt has a poo poo texture anyway

why no, i don't want to eat some caulk, but thanks for asking

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I prefer the tangy zip of Miracle Whip salad dressing over mayonnaise op

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Son of Rodney posted:

It's such a gross concept that I still, at 33 years old, believe it's either a weird joke or something from "the south" from the same people that eat sticks of butter straight out.

Just a heads up, "the south" is the only part of the contiguous united states or canada with any home-grown good food.

You're thinking of the midwest for bland fatty foods.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

Just a heads up, "the south" is the only part of the contiguous united states or canada with any home-grown good food.

You're thinking of the midwest for bland fatty foods.

This is the dumbest loving thing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this whole thread needs to be thrown into the ocean

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not yet numberone

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tzatziki

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I bought some Kewpie mayo. It was ite.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Mayochup might be old news but what about mayotard?! With seeds!

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

This is the dumbest loving thing.

It's true not sure what to tell you buddy :shrug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

let me tell you about...SRIRANCHA!!!!! :2bong:

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Big Beef City posted:

Not yet numberone

1/4 teaspoon pepper :wtc: You may as well just leave the pepper shaker sitting on the counter next to the mixing bowl for all the spice that would add.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
People say that you should use mayo instead of butter when making a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't really make those very often so I haven't gotten around to trying it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Op's definitely on to something where a lot of goons will talk about "fatty" or unhealthy foods like ita some sort of disgusting abomination that no sane human being would ever eat in an obvious overeager attempt to make us picture them as a hip svelte cosmopolitan instead of as a typical goon whose obnoxious about people enjoying things and people in this thread slandering buttered loving popcorn is a sign this has gone on way too far.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

NFX posted:

People say that you should use mayo instead of butter when making a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't really make those very often so I haven't gotten around to trying it.

I've tried both mayo and miracle whip to test this out.

It's done nothing for me. If anything it's made a grilled cheese sandwich 'feel' even greasier, if possible, and yea I did use it sparingly.
The only upside I've found is that it's easier to spread on your bread without having to, idk, microwave the butter for a few seconds instead? So I guess ...yay for that? There wasn't any other bonus that I found.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

I've tried both mayo and miracle whip to test this out.

It's done nothing for me. If anything it's made a grilled cheese sandwich 'feel' even greasier, if possible, and yea I did use it sparingly.
The only upside I've found is that it's easier to spread on your bread without having to, idk, microwave the butter for a few seconds instead? So I guess ...yay for that? There wasn't any other bonus that I found.

keep the butter out in a butter dish problem solved.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its not mayo

its aioli :smug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

1/4 teaspoon pepper :wtc: You may as well just leave the pepper shaker sitting on the counter next to the mixing bowl for all the spice that would add.

Just leave the pepper...out...on the counter? Where someone may see it and be reminded of it's vicious heat? No thank you. Back under a doily with the label reversed in the spice rack like God intended in THIS household.

Eeeyy grabba aiola deez nuts

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I used to make our in-house mayo at one of the restaurants I worked at. It was good as hell, and gave me a deep appreciation for the stuff.

We would make 2 types: spicy, and wasabi. The spicy stuff wasn't just mayo mixed with sriracha (which sucks), instead it was house-made chili oil, rice vinegar, eggs, salt and sugar emulsified in a Robotcoup and it had this brilliant almost neon orange color. It was fantastic, warm and spicy without being too aggressive. We would serve it on salmon and it was easily my favorite condiment on the menu.

The other was the same mayo base (neutral oil, rice vinegar, eggs, salt, sugar) minus the chili oil and afterwards we added wasabi paste to the mix. It was fine on its own, but complemented certain fish (specifically tuna) particularly well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Verisimilidude posted:

I used to make our in-house mayo at one of the restaurants I worked at. It was good as hell, and gave me a deep appreciation for the stuff.

Fresh mayo is actually good I will give you this. The stuff on shelves is not... I don't know what that is but it's not edible.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Colonel Cancer posted:

Mayochup might be old news but what about mayotard?! With seeds!

Dijonnaise is a thing. Good with fish, meatballs or on a cheeseburg.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://cdn.kapwing.com/final_5f62595466d95500a179491a_221171.mp4

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I loving LOVE MAYONAISE SO MUCH IT COMES OUT OF MY DICK WHEN I CUM FROM HOW MUCH I loving LOVE MAYONAISE

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
These last two pages have been a ride. I've learned that there are people that find buttered popcorn gauche and US Southern food bland.

Southern food is cheap meats flavored to the nines 'cause we're poor as gently caress. Motherfucker, have you had blackened alligator?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

titties posted:

I prefer the tangy zip of Miracle Whip salad dressing over mayonnaise op

Miracle Whip is good as hell, and my girlfriend recently put me onto it. It has a slightly sweeter and more vinegary taste that goes really well with certain dishes, and makes a solid dip for fries.

Similarly, I recommend the Boar's Head Sandwich Dressing which you can get at most American grocery stores. On a sandwich it's fantastic, it has the perfect balance of spices, but you can't go too crazy with it otherwise you'll have a very oily sandwich on your hands.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I don't really like it as a straight condiment. But I obviously eat and enjoy stuff with mayo in it.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read about me :)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zurtilik posted:

I don't really like it as a straight condiment. But I obviously eat and enjoy stuff with mayo in it.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read about me :)

You leave me with one question would you eat a twinkie filled with mayo instead?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pawn 17 posted:

I disliked mayo before it was cool. :colbert:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

pixaal posted:

You leave me with one question would you eat a twinkie filled with mayo instead?

what are yours filled with??