Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
All the 5th gen new collabs are really good so far. I checked out Coco+Omaru bomb defusal which was insane, and now Im checking out Botan+Watame playing overcooked its great.

HololiveEN are really interesting because like Coco said they are PROS. I'm wondering where you all would bucket them if you think of the different reasons you might watch a vtuber. Like Botan is actually hella good at FPS, so you're not watching her to get frustrated like Pekora. Gura is cute+ditzy and can sing. Mori so far is just kinda, cool? Which makes sense she's a rapper and has a huskier voice. Ame has had the tightest gameplay so far. Ina is super chill down tempo and can obviously pull out a drawing stream any time she wants and make something amazing. Kiara can sing but hasnt gotten a chance to play any games yet.

Also spoilers for Kiara her other accounts are still active and one of her strengths actually can't be used as a vtuber, she's a huge cosplayer. I find that her choice to go to vtuber very interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I don't understand the desire to dig into the past of these people.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Please don’t. It’s creepy.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

If a Vtuber has a history as a content creator then I can understand wanting to investigate that out of curiosity, but please keep it to yourself.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Calliope better get a bunch of superchats telling her to fix up her rig. Jesus, woman!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

nielsm posted:

Actually I've been wondering if you pay VAT off the superchat amount too, before YouTube's share. Depending on where you send from or where the payment card belongs or something else perhaps.
In a masterful display of tax lawyership, Google have managed to secure an exemption by arguing that superchats add absolutely no value to anything.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So the second stream with all five of the EN members will be on Kiara's channel, on Sunday.

I wonder if that had already been planned (probably, honestly) or if it's on her's because she's the only one under 200k subs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

klapman posted:

it's been 27 minutes and she's up to 6740$

homeless snail posted:

And all she's doing is copying a wikipedia article into MS Paint, I'm in awe of this stream

god bless this powerful turkey

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I understand wanting to know who the people are behind the scenes because the world sucks and I don't want to unknowingly support someone who has some not so good opinions and takes on current events. This doesn't apply to the JP branch because I can't read that so if they did I wouldn't know.

Still, real names is a no go, and going hard on where they live ect is very bad.

Doxxing is bad, but if some english vtuber was on their other twitter account going off on trans people or whatever I'd want to know so I could not watch them.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

If you're not willing to link whatever account it is you're talking about even behind spoiler tags then shut the gently caress up about it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Overbite posted:

I understand wanting to know who the people are behind the scenes because the world sucks and I don't want to unknowingly support someone who has some not so good opinions and takes on current events. This doesn't apply to the JP branch because I can't read that so if they did I wouldn't know.

Still, real names is a no go, and going hard on where they live ect is very bad.

Doxxing is bad, but if some english vtuber was on their other twitter account going off on trans people or whatever I'd want to know so I could not watch them.

Doxxing is universally bad because it very quickly grows out of control and you end up with stuff like the doxxing target committing suicide because of the constant harassment, their family getting doxxed and similarly harassed and so on.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Can we just take it on trust that HoloLiveEn probably aren't secret sociopaths and drop the topic.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1306606133633662976?s=19

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Doxxing is universally bad because it very quickly grows out of control and you end up with stuff like the doxxing target committing suicide because of the constant harassment, their family getting doxxed and similarly harassed and so on.

Yeah it can and does get out of hand, and I'm not calling for background checks on everyone. I'm just torn between not wanting to support bad people and also not wanting people to get doxxed and harassed.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Overbite posted:

Yeah it can and does get out of hand, and I'm not calling for background checks on everyone. I'm just torn between not wanting to support bad people and also not wanting people to get doxxed and harassed.

"She wrote something I don't like long ago on her private account" was how Aloe got bullied out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calli is already overwhelmed.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Overbite posted:

if there was anything like that it’d be posted on reddit/4chan/twitter and here cause people cant help themselves

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Mori is ascending.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calli got the GOOD WINE today

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Calli is way too adorable for this sinful earth.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Waffleman_ posted:

Calli is already overwhelmed.

Completely overwhelmed.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm not looking for any of the HoloEN's past accounts myself, but I definitely get wanting to check out more content they've made. A few years ago I got really into a youtuber who just a few weeks beforehand deleted ~95% of all their past content. Not because of anything serious, just that they didn't feel it was up to their standard of content any more. It was incredibly painful as a new fan to have to just watch a few clips from random compilations from other accounts (of which there weren't that many anyway since this wasn't a hugely popular youtuber that attracted leechers trying to game views through those kinds of videos), especially since I found several of them even more fun than what said youtuber was putting out at that time too.

I guess this was a bit of a tangent but to bring it back, I really get why a new fan would see like 5 videos worth of content, hear that they used to make a ton of content under a different pseudonym, and desperately want to watch it. I still think the no doxxing rule is more important myself, but a lot of new fans don't even know why that's off-limits until they're told so it's not strange that you see a lot of people ignoring that rule.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Cali can't handle the amount. I think she's genuinely never had a good income ever (considering her utter poo poo PC), and now she's been kickstarted into success.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
"I haven't done anything. I don't feel like I deserve this."

And then, a little bit later:

(He's the one that mixed a couple of her tracks.)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cao Ni Ma posted:

She gets about 2350 of it if the 30/35/35 thing applies to all of them

I doubt HoloEN would get a worse deal than everyone else

i thought the split was 30% from youtube, then it's 50 for hololive 30 for talent.

anyway calli is up to 20k donations in like 15 minutes lol

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like that a few of the other hololivers decided that they should flex their english skills now that HoloEN is blowing up. Wonder if this will peel some of the english viewers off their streams. There are so many members of hololive now that you can't keep up with all of them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tabletops posted:

i thought the split was 30% from youtube, then it's 50 for hololive 30 for talent.

No, someone misread the half thing and immediately thought that 50% went to Cover. Google takes 30% and cover takes half of whats left. So 35%/35% split between the girl and the company.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tabletops posted:

We're assuming it's 30% from YouTube, then 50% of the remainder is split between Hololive and the talent, so 35%/35%.

Edit: It took her over 10 minutes to scroll all the way back to her first SC.

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 17, 2020

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Overbite posted:

I like that a few of the other hololivers decided that they should flex their english skills now that HoloEN is blowing up. Wonder if this will peel some of the english viewers off their streams. There are so many members of hololive now that you can't keep up with all of them.

i thought it would, but it hasn’t really. "a rising tide lifts all boats"

even holo id have more viewers

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Imagine what Gura's stream is going to be like today. :homebrew:

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Sindai posted:

Imagine what Gura's stream is going to be like today. :homebrew:

Considering that the Gura meme is "a" I can legit see a streak of them overwhelming the "normal" chat

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
My god, hearing how earnest she is in her thanks just makes me love Calli so much. I think she's surprised at how popular she is/how many people like her. She's put in so much work so I'm glad to see that her efforts are being rewarded.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Calli better be buying an RTX 3090 and other stuff for her new setup so that she can have smoke again.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So Kiara's up to almost $10,000 in SC.

Mori's up to $24,000.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
it's wild they got monetized so quickly. I wonder if that's some kind of english speaking bias on youtubes part or something? or if it's mostly up to hololive wanting to strike while the iron is hot.

makes sense though. gura like almost poked into mainstream internet memes and they have all gotten a ton of recognition. makes sense to jump on it as soon as possible.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I think youtube just knows who Hololive are now. Gen 5 got monetized super fast too, within a week of debut. There's maybe 2 days of space between Gen 5 and EN.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

YouTube is probably paying attention to Cover as an agency and giving them some direct support in some way. With how large superchat numbers they pull they may as well get fast tracked.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Youtubes single braincell finally realised they will get more money this way.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It is hugely in YouTube's favor to monetize as soon as possible so they can make their no-effort 30%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Well she is shadowbanned so Youtube's still dumb