Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CubeTheory posted:

How are people seeing the live stream super chat total?

We copy the chat into notepad and then tabulate the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

CubeTheory posted:

How are people seeing the live stream super chat total?

A link, if you'd prefer:
Playboard
(She's up to $15,500, and is playing Kokoro Clover.)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

trucutru posted:

#YesShrimpSeptember

KoroPeko look at the hair.

korone has braids too

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Sindai posted:

Do vtubers traditionally thank every single superchat? I don't think that's physically possible any more
At least Gura has the advantage that a large portion of her superchats are just going to be a single letter.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mazerunner posted:

korone has braids too

You're right, I was thinking about her newer live2d

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

A

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:hai:

Holy poo poo Gura is blowing up right now, she just passed $17k.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

a.

Truly, a.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Gura is truly a rhythm gamer shark.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tabletops posted:

totally agree. i think my 'concern' if you can even call it that is that a lot of these idols aren't/weren't professionals. some were hobbyist streamers with some following but some weren't. Hololive/cover likely didn't have the pull or the money to get 'real idol' talent. I think that's for the better. Normal people are much more entertaining to watch and I think in a streamer role much more approachable than a traditional idol (kizuna ai is i think a good example of someone who kinda bridges that gap of being a 'normal'... person while also having an 'idol' side).

that said many of them seem to have a lot of anxiety, loneliness, suffer from depression, a few like peko are legit hikki's. So me hoping they can be open about it (at least with other hololivers) is just wishing them good luck I guess.

It's really really not easy to be gay in Japan. I imagine it's much harder as a shut in/otaku and having straight relationships is so taboo in idol culture in Japan that even a whiff of it can almost sink your career (see toma, many other traditional idol examples).

So if a couple vtubers can find a relationship with each other and get that slice of happiness I'd be ecstatic.

i'm sure this comes off as overly concerned/creepy but I have no real interest in knowing if x y or z are gay and knowing about their RL relationships. Just a 'drat hope you can find happiness in the tiny box you're forced into'.

The only concern is whether or not gay for pay is something that legitimately harms the acceptance of lesbians in Japan as a whole (it probably does). Fake gay vtubers is pretty minor in the grand scheme of that whole situation in Japan and as you said can be a form of cover for these girls to explore or express something they can't otherwise. I'd probably be more bothered if became a persistent cash grab trend.

That being said, content creation is a hypercapitalist winner take all platform and you gotta do what you gotta do to eat. The market forces that pressure content creators basically mean that the best way to get more viewers is to have a lot of viewers. There's a handful of people out there who have the combination of production skill and presentation to make it on their own so on one hand the agencies are good in that they promote and create a network for performers who might not make it otherwise (see 4/5 of Holo EN). On the other hand the number of vtubers who do make it on their own outside of an agency is pretty tragic so agencies are more a symptom rather than a solution since they just magnify the haves vs have nots in their space.

It's kinda hard to fault specific performers for their behaviours considering the environment they operate in and it's not like there's an wiggle room to support them in a way that bypasses the platform (ie Patreon, Venmo etc)

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

fwiw on marine, she's openly talked before about going to a christian girls school when she was a teenager and how her experience and what she saw with her peers lined up with the stereotypes of girls developing relationships that start physical and then become emotional later. she also talked about insisting she was fully hetero and by senior year had a crush that rejected her in a soft-confession.

edit i found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3KWTYJSX-Q

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Kokoro Clover seemed like a relatively obscure game before. I imagine it'll get a bump just from Gura playing it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

shes also a pirate captain so shes probably gay

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!

AAAAAA I'm crying!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

It's kinda hard to fault specific performers for their behaviours considering the environment they operate in and it's not like there's an wiggle room to support them in a way that bypasses the platform (ie Patreon, Venmo etc)

Depends on the streamer, some of them did keep their alternate channels and so on.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

shes also a pirate captain so shes probably gay

By "All girls school" she clearly meant "All girls pirate crew".

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Us:

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

From that twitter thread:

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT36L8pSLVg

Monoe may or may not be the best VOMS girl

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

blossommirage posted:

By "All girls school" she clearly meant "All girls pirate crew".

C’mon, not even Marine believes she’s a pirate. Everyone knows she’s a horny, boomer cosplayer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Liar Lyre posted:

C’mon, not even Marine believes she’s a pirate. Everyone knows she’s a horny, boomer cosplayer.

She's not even that much of a cosplayer

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Ina is in tears in her stream from all the support.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Oh jeez Ninomae's breaking down over inspiring people to start drawing again :unsmith:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

trucutru posted:

That is going to be the event of the day.

I'm still watching Marine's stream. She finally stopped rolling and now has reached the actual money-sink in azur lane: the skins. I was waiting for her reaction to Surcouf's swimsuit (the lewdest ever in a very lewd game, so much that it had to be delayed to become live2D after the original image reaction) but after 290 rolls she didn't have much of a reaction.

Here you go.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
somewhat surprised that calliope ended up getting the most SC. Though I think her timeslot ended up being the most advantageous as it was hitting at least some portion of her western fanbase but at a great time in JP.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Tabletops posted:

somewhat surprised that calliope ended up getting the most SC. Though I think her timeslot ended up being the most advantageous as it was hitting at least some portion of her western fanbase but at a great time in JP.

People were also giving her money specifically for her songs, so she had an edge there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Kibibit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT36L8pSLVg

Monoe may or may not be the best VOMS girl

I just went and checked and poor Monoe and Tomoshika are both like 1/3rd the subs of Pikamee. That video was nice, I hope Monoe gets translated some more.

Edit: Ina just got a $300 super chat :stare:

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 18, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tabletops posted:

she also has i'm pretty sure the most total views. her song made a massive impact

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

To be fair to Ina reading map coordinates takes practice.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
anyone know if ninomae's stream is also only an hour?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Amelia's is in just over an hour, so I imagine they're spacing them out so as not to overlap with each other.

e:Once they get more settled in they'll probably relax their schedules somewhat, the older-generation girls tend to just stream whenever.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 18, 2020

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Jerkface posted:

I just went and checked and poor Monoe and Tomoshika are both like 1/3rd the subs of Pikamee. That video was nice, I hope Monoe gets translated some more.

Edit: Ina just got a $300 super chat :stare:

Yeah, sadly Pikamee gets all the spotlight because she's bilingual and whatnot. I think that part of it really gets driven home when you see the Hololive EN response.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oh drat, the artist for the Overlord LNs did Ina fanart. Does anyone else feel like Ina and Kiara will have some decent success in Japan on account of being bilingual?

https://twitter.com/soubin/status/1305557554575990784

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yesssss, that's our Marine.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

I saw someone give $500 not too long ago as well. It was in the middle of a few $200 and $100 SC's though so easy to miss :stare:

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

Kibibit posted:

Yeah, sadly Pikamee gets all the spotlight because she's bilingual and whatnot. I think that part of it really gets driven home when you see the Hololive EN response.

It's that but also she just streams way way more, I think Pika has like triple the amount of archived vids that Tomoshika has for instance. She's put in the work and over the past month has really been reaping the rewards.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyPfwMeiaNk

Ame's superchat debut stream thumbnail has very waachama vibes...

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I'm still trying to decide if Watson's Concoction was a sleep-deprived misstep by Ame that made her seem more wild and sporadic, or a peek at what's to come when she gets more comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm still trying to decide if Watson's Concoction was a sleep-deprived misstep by Ame that made her seem more wild and sporadic, or a peek at what's to come when she gets more comfortable.

She had all those effects queued up, there is no way it wasn't planned.