Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

They are absolutely nailing the American security establishment's psychotic need for adulation from the people they're squashing with the character of Homelander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The jab at Joss was pretty good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another crazy season of Antony Starr as Homelander.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Definitely the funniest episode of the season

Ooo that guy called it too with the Homelander daydream sequence. Pretty much exactly like the Hughie one.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Kimiko ripping a dudes face off was hardcore af.

Black Noir creepin on Butcher on that roof actually scared me a little bit.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Gotta say I was deffo suspecting Stormfront was Homelander's bio mother and now boy I fuckin hope not! :whitewater:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

I wanted that Black Panther Breakfast Program shirt pretty badly im not gonna lie.

That Dr. J shirt was so good.

Disappointed that Black Noir seems to be just Edgar's junkyard dog. I was enjoying the theory y'all had cooked up that he was going to really be looking for Compound V info.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I have to keep pausing because this whole Maeve re-branding thing is too real.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Those are precisely the hardcore sexnanagans I would expect from two super-powered freaks who constantly have to maintain composure and keep their "normal" interactions in a comfortable-to-normie level of strength/intensity.
And the face ripping scene was delightfully gratituously violent, if the whole subplot is kinda 'meh'.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wee Bairns posted:

And the face ripping scene was delightfully gratituously violent, if the whole subplot is kinda 'meh'.

Yeah that was kind of out of nowhere, and I don't really get the motivation. And it being Frenchie's friend paying her is even weirder. How did they meet? What does Kimiko care about money? Is she just doing it to have a supply of bad people to murder?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"This new Joss rewrite really sings, huh?" lolol

The Hughie and Butcher scene was really good.

Goddamn I am really pissed that scene was a fakeout.

Black Noir is the worst not-Batman at stealth. Or maybe he just doesn't care since bombs don't hurt him.

Oh nooo Maeve I have a bad feeling about your plan. Feels like it's definitely going to end with someone getting lasereyed(hopefully The Deep).

spacetoaster posted:

She did rub his cheek and tell him that he's actually her favorite and she has no problem with him. Surprising that the nazi has the hots for tall, blonde, and blue eyes.

Beef Stew posted:

I'm pretty sure he's right. She's smiling and her exact words are "Now laser my tits" and she's got a burn scar in that exact spot already. It does seem like some kinda hosed up sex thing.

Looks like you were both right! I do wonder if Homelander was holding back a bit so it will be shocking if he does end up killing her effortlessly with lasers

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
TV IV: The Boys Season 2: Don't be a pussy, laser my loving tits.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Black Noir is the worst not-Batman at stealth.

I figure he was playing with em'.

Tonight's Ep: He hits every bomb? Then *thump thump thump ... GAS*

Black Noir has presence.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Another Bill posted:

I wanted that Black Panther Breakfast Program shirt pretty badly im not gonna lie.

I didn't realize that's what it was at first, and when I googled it there were multiple sellers. Don't know about quality, but they are available.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Found the Dr. J shirt, but not in that color, which is much better than the colors they have.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

PostNouveau posted:

Definitely the funniest episode of the season

Ooo that guy called it too with the Homelander daydream sequence. Pretty much exactly like the Hughie one.

Your god drat right I did.

Quite liked the episode although one thing is pissing me off and honestly every show does it and movies do too.

Characters are made super wanted bad guys and they go around out in public and no ones recognizing them? Especially Butcher? Come on now. MM had at least one line about switching vehicles but when they're all la di daing out like the frenchie and Kimiko was as well it's anoying as gently caress. Make them wanted or don't because it means nothing otherwise. Don't half rear end it.

Yeah, kinky BDSM sex is sorta what I expected out of those two, Storms nazi self sure is showing. Oh who am I kidding, she's no different than most Trump voters at this point.

Last but not least........................WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE. Good god that scene was savage and I loved it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot

Hey Frenchie, ask your friend how to talk to Kimiko, they clearly got some form of communication going if they doing hits and setting up meetings.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Man the dynamic of the dumb and out-of-control American right happily turning over control to the smart new Nazi is so apropos.

I laughed at the chandelier gag too.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 18, 2020

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Fun episode. If they failed to show another scene of Frenchie & Kimiko, I would be just fine.

I'm interested to see where A-Train ends up. I think he ends up with The Boys, fighting for the good.

Also, I'm calling it now. Homelander falls hard for Stormfront. Stormfront gets murked, Homelander engages "gently caress it" mode.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm glad that A-Train picked up on Stormfronts racist bullshit.

So far there's A-Train and Maeve that aren't too happy with Homelander. (And Starlight of course).

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
In her scene with A-Train, Stormfront's cup is labeled "storefront"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"This new Joss rewrite really sings, huh?" lolol

lol

also cool seeing lines being redrawn, and Stormfront effectively isolating Homelander (to probably radicalize him)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

Fun episode. If they failed to show another scene of Frenchie & Kimiko, I would be just fine.

I'm interested to see where A-Train ends up. I think he ends up with The Boys, fighting for the good.

Also, I'm calling it now. Homelander falls hard for Stormfront. Stormfront gets murked, Homelander engages "gently caress it" mode.

I think A-Train joins Maeve in her anti-Homelander crew.

And then they all get horribly and effortlessly murdered by him.

e: Haha I just remembered in the scene where A-Train is filming his farewell, it was a Homelander stand in.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

So far there's A-Train and Maeve that aren't too happy with Homelander. (And Starlight of course).

Yeah battle lines are getting drawn here. Not sure if it's going to fully go off this season though.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hughmoris posted:

I remember one of the previews it looked like A-Train talking to Hughie on the sidewalk before he took off running and spooked Hughie, but that might have been an editing fakeout.

Also kinda glad the mass murder scene was a daydream. I wonder if they're going to have a couple more of those until he actually decides to act on his impulses in public. And man I hope that Stormfront-is-Homelander's-mom thing is wrong because... yikes.

Romes128 posted:

Man I hope the thread doesn't devolve into more arguing over whether her racist tone constitutes her being a racist character or not.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

As Nero Danced posted:

Man I hope the thread doesn't devolve into more arguing over whether her racist tone constitutes her being a racist character or not.

It was that one person doing that and making GBS threads up the whole thread. Their probe is prolly gonna be over soon tho so waiting to see how they defend the nazi this time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

As Nero Danced posted:

I wonder if they're going to have a couple more of those until he actually decides to act on his impulses in public.

I think Stormfront can keep him under control now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Hughmoris posted:

A-Train is not the sort to simply join the right side for the right reason, if he helps them and Meave it will be to secure and regain his own position at the Seven, that's it. Speaking of which, who is suppose to replace him.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Someone pointed out the nurse that Stormfront was talking to is the actor who plays Lamplighter

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Romes128 posted:

Picked up on? It seemed really blatant.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Keltar posted:

A-Train is not the sort to simply join the right side for the right reason, if he helps them and Meave it will be to secure and regain his own position at the Seven, that's it. Speaking of which, who is suppose to replace him.

I'm not sure about that. Apart from Maeve, I'd say A-Train is probably the one that is most relatable to the common good (most relatable being relative of course). I could see him maybe getting a redemption arc combined with taking down the racist.

Also, any bets on Homelander's mood after hooking up with Stormfront? Seems like he has found someone he can relate to, and she is helping him get back on top. Maybe he becomes Cool Guy Homelander for a bit?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The Boys Season 2: Hey dude- not cool.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I think Stormfront can keep him under control now.

Stillwell thought the same.

I gotta say this shows still good, but man this season feels really season 2. Lotta wheel spinning going on.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Also, I loved that Deep scene with Maeve.

The Deep - "You think I'm a piece of poo poo?"
Maeve - "gently caress yeah"
The Deep - hmmmm

*Anyone able to clip that scene of Homelander flying in, smoking the village dude, then flying out?

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 18, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

text editor posted:

Someone pointed out the nurse that Stormfront was talking to is the actor who plays Lamplighter

SF - No one ever said the job was easy.

LL - He's just a kid. 17 years old. You don't gotta look him in the face.

SF - Look no one's ever achieved anything without sacrifice. The kids a hero. Think of it like that.

LL - Right. Hero.

Does Stormfront have a secret son? Did Stormfront's secret son do some terrible hate crime? :tinfoil:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

spacetoaster posted:

Picked up on? It seemed really blatant.

Blatant is an understatement.

Hughmoris posted:

I'm not sure about that. Apart from Maeve, I'd say A-Train is probably the one that is most relatable to the common good (most relatable being relative of course). I could see him maybe getting a redemption arc combined with taking down the racist.

Also, any bets on Homelander's mood after hooking up with Stormfront? Seems like he has found someone he can relate to, and she is helping him get back on top. Maybe he becomes Cool Guy Homelander for a bit?

I don't see anything being relatable about A-Train, he's another vain egotistical rear end in a top hat who will kill people (Popclaw says hello) to save his own rear end and position. He's not going to get a redemption arc just because there's a nazi going about. Most of the characters in this show are bad people, those who are in the Seven exceedingly so aside from Starlight we know. Maeve might be a maybe but in all honestly I don't really expect her to do the right thing in the end either. If it comes down to her and someone else, well, we already know what happened on their version of 911. Yeah she didn't cause the plane crash and she didn't kill anyone with Homelander basically talked her into leaving but considering the situation it doesn't exactly reflect good on her and it's probably not the only time either something went south and people died. Just like almost everyone else in the Seven and most supes and everything connected to Vought she's got some skeletons.

Again, this show ain't about good people, not really.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

SF - No one ever said the job was easy.

LL - He's just a kid. 17 years old. You don't gotta look him in the face.

SF - Look no one's ever achieved anything without sacrifice. The kids a hero. Think of it like that.

LL - Right. Hero.

Does Stormfront have a secret son? Did Stormfront's secret son do some terrible hate crime? :tinfoil:

Could they be talking about making supe kids? Maybe they were talking about a failure of the process?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
How do we go about nominating Terror for Best Supporting Actor?

He's a good dog, he deserves it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

Could they be talking about making supe kids? Maybe they were talking about a failure of the process?

This also makes sense. Maybe he's some mutant freak failure and Lamplighter has to put him down or something. Instead of giving compound V to babies at birth, they are doing it to teens in juvie to try and make some white supremacist supe army without Vought knowing.

e: I like your theory more and you were right about the lasereyes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 18, 2020

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

There is a deleted scene with Frenchie and Cherie from the first episode that explains how she relates to Kimiko, it honestly felt like they forgot that was cut with how EP5 portrayed them.

The Stormfront/A-Train conversation was a bit on the nose, she really doesn't give a gently caress about hiding. Also the Homelander alt right memes were disturbingly real this ep

The "you know Maeve is bi" part was freaky real and that's depressing

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Gotta say I was deffo suspecting Stormfront was Homelander's bio mother and now boy I fuckin hope not! :whitewater:

Oh poo poo!

That makes such horrible sense that it's probably true.

When was homelander born, and when did liberty disappear?

*edit* The show wiki says that Liberty disappeared in 1979

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 18, 2020