Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Huge_Midget posted:

Having helped my father rebuild several antique tractors, these things are built like tanks and can probably handle a small turbo just fine. You just need to make sure the head is straight and upgrade the valve springs to handle the boost and the valve seats to compensate for them not running leaded gasoline anymore. Other than that assuming you can get a blow through carb setup working it’s definitely feasible. Hell, with the proper jetting you might even be able to run e85.

Oh no doubt. My grandfather had a Super M till the day he died, and my Dad had a Massey-Harris 22 for years. They were both worked hard and we rebuilt the M-H once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

https://m.imgur.com/kHTBxPQ

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/kHTBxPQ.mp4

Right click -> Copy Video Location -> paste -> submit

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BigPaddy posted:

loving Benny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTubi-LDAo

My old R32 was white but I always wanted a Gunmetal one.

I'd love to get an Aussie delivered one, rather than a grey imported one, but I am sure they attract a massive premium

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Deteriorata posted:

https://i.imgur.com/kHTBxPQ.mp4

Right click -> Copy Video Location -> paste -> submit

Pro tip: Right click -> Show Controls, un-mute.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I love this youtube channel so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVHynWx38g

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Elmnt80 posted:

5 spokes minimum. Fite me. :colbert:

late to spokechat but I’ll totally fight you on this. my hard-on for 80s JDM wheels knows no bounds

and probably still my favorite factory wheel design ever:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Gross

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Definitely hits old new old top gear "loving stound with cheap cars" vibe.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This is the correct amount of spokes.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My body will be found slumped against a half clean wire spoke wheel with a cleaning brush, having died from starvation before finishing.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Also a good number of spokes:

5 spokes are like the silver paint of wheels.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

um excuse me posted:

My body will be found slumped against a half clean wire spoke wheel with a cleaning brush, having died from starvation before finishing.

Ugh. Friend of mine had a show truck on Dayton 100 spokes. Every week he'd yank the wheels and clean them with acid. It was not a job anyone helped with twice.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9-voINFkCg

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

5 spokes minimum. Fite me. :colbert:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mercedes-benz-brabus-6-0-based-on-500e/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Gorgeous. Probably can't even call those spokes so no prob from the anti 3 spoke crowd

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

This is very drug dealer regional distributor chic.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Finger Prince posted:

I would be delighted to be stuffed into that car's trunk and dumped in the pine barrens.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I like when the number of spokes matches the number of lugs, and despise when it is off by one.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

StormDrain posted:

I like when the number of spokes matches the number of lugs, and despise when it is off by one.

The four-spoke traditional Cragar mags from the '70s just look odd like that, though, as do the 6-spoke ones for late-model trucks.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Finger Prince posted:

I sent that picture to my friend with the caption "I sell coke to the guy who sells you coke"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

um excuse me posted:

Look at this poor who doesn't have a servant cleaning the spokes of his Jaguar's wire wheels. :wotwot:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The serfs do it all wrong.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

StormDrain posted:

Except te-37s exist. Check, mate.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

snugglz posted:

late to spokechat but I’ll totally fight you on this. my hard-on for 80s JDM wheels knows no bounds

How many miles before you need to replace the apex seals on those rims?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The correct amount of spokes:

Even available for five-spoke enthusiasts (allthough I think they are ugly as hell)

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

Huge_Midget posted:

Having helped my father rebuild several antique tractors, these things are built like tanks and can probably handle a small turbo just fine. You just need to make sure the head is straight and upgrade the valve springs to handle the boost and the valve seats to compensate for them not running leaded gasoline anymore. Other than that assuming you can get a blow through carb setup working it’s definitely feasible. Hell, with the proper jetting you might even be able to run e85.

High performance antique tractors you say?

https://youtu.be/klPJZ_hR0hI

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Black steel supremacy :colbert:

They look great on everything.

Silver steelies are also good, in the right context.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Some of y'all don't get that wheels are only get better as they get weirder. Breaking the conventional aesthetic = cool as long as they aren't going to explode on a pothole. I think 3 and 4 spoke patterns are cool because they're a 90s Japanese retro aesthetic. Just like how we all get boners out of the weird 80s interiors that reflect that everything was lasers and segment displays.

That said, 5 spoke is a boomer aesthetic. Fight me.

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 19, 2020

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KozmoNaut posted:

:hmmyes:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tuo posted:

The correct amount of spokes:

While it'd play merry hell with TPMS fittings, I wish more wheels would use a hidden valve design.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Ah yes, the "why have you still got your snow tires on, it's summer" aesthetic.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Pontaic made some ugly as gently caress wheels in the 90s in the three spoke vein.

Observe:

Anyone who disagrees can suck a male camel's dick with miracle whip.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Finger Prince posted:

Ah yes, the "why have you still got your snow tires on, it's summer" aesthetic.

People with opinions like that provide their own reasoning and filter for being completely ignored by anyone with any common sense.

Black steelies and ideally black plastic bumpers for life.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Steelies are cool, everyone make fun of this goon!!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Yo check out my sick new privacy tint

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KozmoNaut posted:

Counterpoint????

I'm a fan of "looks good" but that almost never, ever includes giant wheels with rubberbands unless we're talking about DONK aesthetic then yeah probably. Tastes change all the time for sure though, including my own. I will die on the BF Goodrich K02 hill though, slapping them on 80s and 90s trucks and SUVs is a super power for making them radical and badass :colbert:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 19, 2020

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i prefer 36 spoke wheels, personally.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I will accept white steelies as well, especially on hot hatches and boxy 4x4s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

I will accept white steelies as well, especially on hot hatches and boxy 4x4s.

That's what my first car had. Mitsubishi mighty max 4x4 with those white steel rims every trailer in the world uses. I think everyone is obligated to fall in love with their first car so I'm not exactly impartial but I dug it.