Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Orange Carlisle posted:

Homelander's suit is dirty unlike the rest of the team's costumes and we've seen scenes of him refusing to take off his suit

I guess what I'm asking is are we also to assume compound V also prevents body odor because he has to be extremely dirty by now having not taken a shower in years

Or is his suit meant to allow him to shower in it nevernude style and it just air dries

Homelander is wearing a stillsuit- is HL a Fremen?? Really blue eyes, stillsuit, haven't seen him take a shower yet...

[Dune snipe]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

Homelander's suit is dirty unlike the rest of the team's costumes and we've seen scenes of him refusing to take off his suit

I guess what I'm asking is are we also to assume compound V also prevents body odor because he has to be extremely dirty by now having not taken a shower in years

Or is his suit meant to allow him to shower in it nevernude style and it just air dries

Have we seen any of the supes in the shower? Makes you think.

ptkfvk posted:

how many people do you think HL knows the lasers wont just chop in half? he so overpowers all the other supes its probably uncommon that he cant just toast some guys nuts with the lasers.

It's not exactly something you can test on your co-workers.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Homelander is wearing a stillsuit- is HL a Fremen?? Really blue eyes, stillsuit, haven't seen him take a shower yet...

[Dune snipe]

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Black Noir got a nice gooey bullet wound to the hand. Looks like he is tough but not Homelander-style invulnerable

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Could be the reason he's covered from head to toe - he may look like Deadpool under there from all of his previous injuries.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Asgerd posted:

Am I misremembering or was the face-ripping scene taken wholesale from the comics? I think it might have been Kimiko’s original introduction moment?

(I still can’t believe that actor is Glimmer from She-Ra. Maybe it would be more obvious if she ever spoke...)

Yeah its like almost her signature move, she does it in almost every fight she's involved in. I believe the first time you meet her is essentially that scene but more gruesome. Her killing mob guys and faces and body parts getting ripped off and thrown around.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bioshuffle posted:

She literally has the American flag on her uniform, and Eagles are kind of an American thing.

She is definitely a racist, I'm not disputing any of that. Show has not shown in any way shape or form that she is a Hitler adoring Nazi. If you theorize that she is, you're welcome to. I also think she may be. We just have to watch and see what happens to know for sure. I will concede that Third Reich also used Eagles as part of their symbology, and there was a bit of controversy over a shirt featuring the eagle due to the similarity, but the American flag makes it pretty clear this is mostly definitely not a Nazi uniform. You're welcome to disagree as this is open to interpretation.

The bald eagle American symbol was wings bent up, with legs spread out holding things.

The Nazi eagle symbol has legs together, and wings to the side with a flat top.

I wonder what Stormfront's belt looks like?

But of course, she can't be a Nazi, her armband that definitely couldn't hold a swastika has an American flag on it!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol people ITT are unfamiliar with Sea-lioning?

I'm not saying anyone is doing it, just asking questions here

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Piell posted:

The bald eagle American symbol was wings bent up, with legs spread out holding things.

But of course, she can't be a Nazi, her armband that definitely couldn't hold a swastika has an American flag on it!

Don't forget her SS/lightning blot earrings.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol people ITT are unfamiliar with Sea-lioning?

I'm not saying anyone is doing it, just asking questions here

That sealion was in the right, the lady was racist as hell

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
On the one hand, she is a literal Nazi who kills people just for being black, on the other hand, she looks just incredibly hot and has a great costume. So who's to say what's right?

The costume designer is doing such a great job. That suit looks better than the cgi ones from many movies. Only Starlights current costume sucks, which is entirely intended and a in universe thing.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

cant cook creole bream posted:

The costume designer is doing such a great job. That suit looks better than the cgi ones from many movies. Only Starlights current costume sucks, which is entirely intended and a in universe thing.

It took me till this episode to catch that the zipper pull on the Deep's costume is the Vought logo V. poo poo is on point.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Based on the terrorist compound scene, Black Noir is absolutely capable of being stealthy when he wants to be - but he also likes intimidating people and seems to get bored / lazy easily, which makes sense when you're a functionally invulnerable person who can run faster than a car.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

cant cook creole bream posted:

On the one hand, she is a literal Nazi who kills people just for being black, on the other hand, she looks just incredibly hot and has a great costume. So who's to say what's right?

Erin Moriarty is gorgeous and all, but the sexy Starlight suit is just hilarious to see.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The showrunners want Sexy Starlight to be a gag, but their cinematographer definitely does it in earnest

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Spacebump posted:

The earrings are one thing that I would let slide, being part of the costume of a lightning powered hero.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Jedit posted:

The earrings are one thing that I would let slide, being part of the costume of a lightning powered hero.

Every single aspect of her character and costume is designed to be "Uh that's pretty Nazi.. but.. I guess I'm not sure enough to call her out on it, I don't want to violate decorum!!"

It is subtle but many elements of this show are inspired by real world events

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Piell posted:

It's an Aquila, without the SPQR, she is a legionary cos player. The Romans were not racist as their slaves were almost entirely white, it stands to reason. Since fascism was invented by the Nazi's they weren't that either.

Not really.

Hmm I wonder if Stormlander can get A-Train to run on time...

I genuinely hope she suggests a lightning war on the super terrorists villains.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 19, 2020

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
So Butcher's aunt is also on the run now right? I imagine the emergency services wouldn't be very understanding when they find a vault full of prescription drugs under a crime scene.

I also wonder how many assassinations Edgar has casually watched from his desk over the years.

Does Vought know about Kimiko being a soup member of the boys? I'm surprised Stormfront never found it odd how much of a fight she put up on that roof.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

E: nm, I got it

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Don't feed the trolls, just block Bioshuffle like everyone else.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
What, how are we on this topic again. Anyone who thinks her costume doesn't have nazi inspired symbolism is an idiot, everything about her and her past screams nazi. You'd have to be an absolute thick skulled twat at this point not to recognize it.

Even hear ear rings are SS symbols posing as thunderbolts for pete's sake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aya Cash: “I play a racist”

Goon: “okay but what does racist mean, really?’

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Guys, she's clearly just Morally Grey.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Orange Carlisle posted:

Could be the reason he's covered from head to toe - he may look like Deadpool under there from all of his previous injuries.

I was thinking that this Black Noir is more like a significantly subtler Deapool than a Batman.

I'm actually starting to be convinced that Black Noir is basically supposed to be Deadpool from X-Men: Origins (a lab rat for trying to selectively engineer supe powers) but not shitly executed

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ApeHawk posted:

Like Mace Windu, back when the Jedi would let just anybody in!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

Feldgrau, to be precise.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Bioshuffle posted:

Nazi or no Nazi, she's still a racist piece of poo poo.

Bioshuffle posted:

IMHO, Stormfront being racist is not as cut and dry as people want to believe.

Bioshuffle posted:

going to bookmark this page so I can see how they backpedal when it turns out the whole thing was a red herring.
Go away. No one wants you here.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I dislike this bio shuffle dork and I wish he’d go away :)

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

eSporks posted:

Go away. No one wants you here.

I believe their current angle of attack is to declare that the show has bad writing, and definitely not that they're a raging moron.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Bioshuffle should trade in his armchair for a student’s desk before he keeps pretending to be a historian itt.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It's absurd to speculate that Stormfront is a nazi just because she destroyed a Jewish ghetto in 1941

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

MizPiz posted:

It's absurd to speculate that Stormfront is a nazi just because she destroyed a Jewish ghetto in 1941

Look, she was not a member of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, she is merely a big fan of Hitler

PopetasticPerson
Jun 18, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

The best plot twist they could do at this point is Homelander rips his pants off stripper style to reveal a pair of cutoff jean shorts.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

PopetasticPerson posted:

The best plot twist they could do at this point is Homelander rips his pants off stripper style to reveal a pair of cutoff jean shorts.

He's a *@#$ing never-nude!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

PopetasticPerson posted:

Jean shorts and scrawny legs.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

We almost saw him blue himself.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PopetasticPerson posted:

The best reveal would be it's not a costume

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Retrowave Joe posted:

Bioshuffle should trade in his armchair for a student’s desk before he keeps pretending to be a historian itt.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Probably getting around to starting S2 this weekend since we're going to have poo poo weather for awhile. How is this season compared to S1 - worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
It's ramping up the intensity. Some chickens from season 1 are coming home to roost in a big way. More action, more gore and some new characters thrown in the mix.