Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

old beast lunatic posted:

I need a pick me up someone post chud suffering.

... I just remembered Hermain Cain died because he went to our big wet boy's wettest fart of a rally. That will never not make me smile.

Quick & dirty:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/05/all-members-congress-who-have-lost-their-primaries-2020-so-far-why/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

i will post a picture and i think you will know your answer.

No I knew she had her do the wedding, I just assumed the follow up had to be fake because it's so incredibly self-absorbed that it's breath taking.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

loving lol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Big Beef City posted:

No I knew she had her do the wedding, I just assumed the follow up had to be fake because it's so incredibly self-absorbed that it's breath taking.

yeah look how she phrased the tweet i mean.

search your feelings you know it to be true

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Engel losing makes me smile. King losing makes me lol.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Pick posted:

why not have her officiate the wedding? she died of cancer. it doesn't speed up because of weddings

We don't know what happened at that wedding. Maybe they gave everyone cancer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Do not loving defend that wedding dipshittery Pick. You're dumb but you're not that dumb.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Anybody doing anything wedding related right now is dumb as poo poo. I mean, it was always dumb as poo poo financially but now it's even more dumb.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

Do not loving defend that wedding dipshittery Pick. You're dumb but you're not that dumb.

What did it change? In which case, why not have her do it? You think she was getting another 145 days if she didn't? She had unsurvivable cancer.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pick posted:

What did it change? In which case, why not have her do it? You think she was getting another 145 days if she didn't? She had unsurvivable cancer.

it's not the wedding that's the problem, Pick.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i dont get it though, like if you request a certain judge do they have to do it?

i dont think rbg is gonna do anything she didnt want to do at this point in her life

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm sure she and everyone at the wedding got the special covid tests that poors don't have access to

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

Engel losing makes me smile. King losing makes me lol.

King losing sucks, because as a rep in Congress he didn't have gently caress all to do but to make the GOP look bad. His primary opponent that beat him is up +20 points against the Democrat nominee.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/1307376506717392897

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm past dehumanizing republican voters at this point. They're on the level w/ really annoying bugs... biting gnats or something similar

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Weddings are only legally binding as long as the officiant is alive, so now that lady has to get divorced.

J/K, she's a white well-off woman, she's getting divorced soon, anyway.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Posting the wedding photo was moronic. Just keep that poo poo to yourself and close friends.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1307381488481177600
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1307382090703474690

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1307332902959673346

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Graham knows his play. I think he might lose his seat over it. We'll see.

He's about to take a ton of heat. I know a lot of Republican senators were unsure about their seats, but I think he's just going to roll with whatever happens and hope for the best.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/AnthonyTilghman/status/1307355994817736705?s=19

Wow it's not like Trump instructed them to do this or anything

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Pick posted:

Graham knows his play. I think he might lose his seat over it. We'll see.

He's about to take a ton of heat. I know a lot of Republican senators were unsure about their seats, but I think he's just going to roll with whatever happens and hope for the best.

Okay so help me out here.

South Carolina in 2018 voted for their Governor, the GOP nominee, McMaster, and he won the state by 8 points. just about 140K more votes.

All the poling right now in SC says at best Harrison is tied. But there are zero polls ever showing Harrison leading... And Biden is losing the state by about 5 points to Trump.

Are you really expecting Lindsay Graham voting for a GOP SC nominee to actually _hurt_ his chances?

Now the polling from South Carolina says most of them are fine with abortion in the case of rape/incest or danger to the mother. You think Lindsay Graham's not going to lie and say, "I'll make sure the SC nominee doesn't outright ban all abortion" knowing full well he won't be able to control the SCJ after that person gets nominated.

If he's also that worried, why would he come out with the statement one day afterwards instead of waiting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

South Carolina in 2018 voted for their Governor, the GOP nominee, McMaster, and he won the state by 8 points. just about 140K more votes.

All the poling right now in SC says at best Harrison is tied. But there are zero polls ever showing Harrison leading... And Biden is losing the state by about 5 points to Trump.

Are you really expecting Lindsay Graham voting for a GOP SC nominee to actually _hurt_ his chances?

Now the polling from South Carolina says most of them are fine with abortion in the case of rape/incest or danger to the mother. You think Lindsay Graham's not going to lie and say, "I'll make sure the SC nominee doesn't outright ban all abortion" knowing full well he won't be able to control the SCJ after that person gets nominated.

If he's also that worried, why would he come out with the statement one day afterwards instead of waiting.

It's more that Harrison can now cut ads with direct hypocrisy, which normies genuinely do not like, on an issue that mobilizes voters.

It also opens Graham to an opportunistic oppo dump, if the Dems bother. Graham is absolutely gay and if they've had it in the back pocket there's no reason not to dump it now.

Graham also used to be Biden's friend--an actual friend--so he used to have a backup in a potential Biden administration post in something that gives "bipartisan" bona fides but doesn't matter. That's toast.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Fallows posted:

i dont get it though, like if you request a certain judge do they have to do it?

i dont think rbg is gonna do anything she didnt want to do at this point in her life

No you don't get to request a specific judge, and certainly not a member of SCOTUS. They most likely knew her in some way.

No it didn't kill RBG, cancer did.

It's just a weird flex that's in incredible poor taste. Like right at the cusp of a national tragedy.

It's like tweeting "Wow so surreal to see the Reichstag burn down! We were married in that very building not two weeks ago!"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pick posted:

Well they said she died from complications to the cancer. That could mean the cancer got her. It could also mean she caught something and her weakened immune system from cancer treatments killed her.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I haven't seen my RL friends in person since the pandemic started and those yuppies got the most fragile person in the world to officiate their wedding. :smithicide:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/CarmineSabia/status/1307385243716984838?s=20

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Having purged all chuds from my life I am now purging anyone who maintains relationships with chuds. I don't have many friends. lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Can someone out this piece of poo poo finally.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You guys are way too optimistic that someone is gonna lose their seat for being a piece of poo poo.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

THEY'RE ONTO ME!

TO THE ESCAPE POD!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
If anyone needs to check out of reality and laugh for a moment, Double Toasted's reviews of Tyler Perry movies are pretty great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-h15clQ6Y

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Trump - tough, strong, muscly, compassionate.
Biden - somehow weak and useless and yet at the same also dangerous, malicious and scheming.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dudeness posted:

You guys are way too optimistic that someone is gonna lose their seat for being a piece of poo poo.

Not what I meant by "out".

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Strong Sauce posted:

it's important to remember Graham was deeply unpopular before Trump was elected and was likely going to get primaried out by another republican. he's only held up by latching himself to trunp's rear end in a top hat. I'm not saying he'll lose but it's not as simple as trump=lindsey=good

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Anyone who was expecting Lindsay Graham to actually stand by his words and decide not to vote for a Justice is naive. Same for anyone expecting McConnell to not shove a new Justice in immediately. These people are absolute slime and should be treated as such. Never trust a Republican in office. I'm not extending that to all Republicans, but I definitely don't trust them with their votes. gently caress them all.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Ultra Carp

It's a nice day for a wight wedding

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Ultra Carp

the mail service fails american democracy again smh

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ah yes, poor chief Justice Kavanagh. His life ruined as he sits on the Supreme Court. Poor fella, never could catch a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Ultra Carp

Groovelord Neato posted:

Can someone out this piece of poo poo finally.

It happened a couple months (?) ago. Lindsay Graham was revealed to be a notorious client of male sex workers. It didn't make much of an impact news wise