Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Just based on her history of This Bullshit, i'd scuttle ivlisse from the booking board and boot her from the company ASAP, because who needs this nonsense, especially when there are a lot of promising young women coming up hungry for more time in the ring with pros like Shida/Nyla/Thunder Rosa

edit: The fact that Thunder Rosa is as refined/fluid/amazing as she is with 6 years experience, like god drat, she's on track to be a GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

smarxist posted:

Just based on her history of This Bullshit, i'd scuttle ivlisse from the booking board and boot her from the company ASAP, because who needs this nonsense, especially when there are a lot of promising young women coming up hungry for more time in the ring with pros like Shida/Nyla/Thunder Rosa

edit: The fact that Thunder Rosa is as refined/fluid/amazing as she is with 6 years experience, like god drat, she's on track to be a GOAT

yeah i mean "two sides to every story" blah blah blah ivalisse has a long history of being a pain to work with, everyone seems to like rosa a lot, it seems like a pretty clear call.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

I stand by my HM nomination :colbert:

It was a hard hitting match with a couple of awkward transitions. And Thunder Rosa is the best and all came out looking like a star.

A match can be really fun if both people aren't getting along and decide to hit each other really hard and show each other up. It's not the best thing for the business, but for just a match it can be exciting. Because it's supposed to be a fight, not everything should look perfect, like Samoa Joe says.

But it's not a good idea to be doing this on national TV when you have a spotty reputation!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

shiksa posted:

it was easily the weakest of rosa's matches in aew, rosa's just really good and they were able to edit it into something good. that one shot of ivalisse with a total stone face made an impression tho lol

I liked it better than the Deeb match :shrug:

I have no choice but to conclude that every match would be improved if an excellent wrestler was going up against a talented but ornery wrestler throwing a mild fit

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
A match can be good even if one of the parties goes into business for themselves, and Rosa/Ivalisse was a good match.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

xbilkis posted:

I liked it better than the Deeb match :shrug:

I have no choice but to conclude that every match would be improved if an excellent wrestler was going up against a talented but ornery wrestler throwing a mild fit

thats fair, i think the deeb match was just so outta nowhere it left such a strong impression.

dont get me wrong i am very very interested on seeing rosa/shida v ivalisse/diamante for this exact reason lmao just like... i wouldnt make ivalisse a mainstay lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah no for sure, a person with a history of causing trouble deciding to act up despite being unsigned is a pretty clear sign that Ivelisse needs to go

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

Right? She would also supply much needed beef to the women's roster. I secretly want her and Heidi Howitzer to be a women's tag team of facepainted, Zubaz-wearing oafs who wreck everything in their path.

Heidi Howitzer would be loving ridiculous, hope she pops up on their radar.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CombineThresher posted:

Right? She would also supply much needed beef to the women's roster. I secretly want her and Heidi Howitzer to be a women's tag team of facepainted, Zubaz-wearing oafs who wreck everything in their path.

Lady hosses would also give them a wider spectrum of styles working in that division so they’re not tempted to keep booking those higher risk spots that were destroying knees during the spring.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Lady hosses would also give them a wider spectrum of styles working in that division so they’re not tempted to keep booking those higher risk spots that were destroying knees during the spring.

Pounding my knife and fork on the table, demanding more large oafs in the women's division.

In all seriousness I feel very strongly that a good wrestling promotion needs a diverse array of body types and in-ring styles, and women's wrestling rarely gets that kind of consideration.

DLC Inc posted:

Heidi Howitzer would be loving ridiculous, hope she pops up on their radar.

She's good buddies with Abadon, so she just might.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I honestly think the Women’s Division is in a spot right now where it could legitimately be a highlight of Year 2 of Dynamite, even if the Joshis and Shanna aren’t able to get back into the country any time soon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I honestly think the Women’s Division is in a spot right now where it could legitimately be a highlight of Year 2 of Dynamite,.

I mean given their track record so far I would say this is extremely naive

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm still a bit bemused we haven't seen more of Nicole Savoy and Rachael Ellering.

I do kinda wonder where the division goes summer next year when the covid era ends.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I didn’t say it was likely, but should they actually deign to use the roster that’s available to them, they could do some good stuff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I honestly think the Women’s Division is in a spot right now where it could legitimately be a highlight of Year 2 of Dynamite, even if the Joshis and Shanna aren’t able to get back into the country any time soon.

After showing her rear end on politics in Twitter a while back, Shanna can stay away forever as far as I care.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

After showing her rear end on politics in Twitter a while back, Shanna can stay away forever as far as I care.

Fr

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pretty much every women's title match has kicked rear end so combining the top women being good with other women being good seems like a recipe for success.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's all well and good but they need to get proper tv time instead of YouTube tournaments.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
AEW is filing a trademark for Blood Brothers. Not sure what this means.

https://heelbynature.com/all-elite-wrestling/all-elite-wrestling-files-trademark-for-blood-brothers/

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGLfosRhGY

(probably eddie's group?)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Either Eddie's group or Cody is coming back to team with Dustin instead of QT.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AEW re-releasing Burn Piano Island Burn for some reason

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Sign Denver Max, Coward Tony.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Either Eddie's group or Cody is coming back to team with Dustin instead of QT.

God, the Rhodes boys vs FTR would be straight out of a JCP house show main event in 1988.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody and dustin were referred to as the blood brothers on commentary during the first Fight For The Fallen

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Didn't Cody and Dustin already have a team name from when they faced the Bucks?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eddie and Penta start tagging as “Best Friends”

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Eddie and Penta start tagging as “Best Friends”

amigos primos

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
One of the things AEW seems to have really been careful about (like from before day 1) is maintaining a positive and supportive locker room. Literally everyone in the company has at one point or another commented on how great the atmosphere is backstage and how different it is compared to the rest of the wrestling world. Maintaining this atmosphere outta be enough all by itself to boot Ivelise into the proverbial dumpster and I'd really like to see her gone. She just exhibits every classic narcissistic personality trait and is so far into her career that I can't see a path for her to correct anytime soon.

Also she sucks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I feel like they should prove they're the supportive locker by having a serious talk with her and giving her one more chance. Give her the chance to change. Which maybe is what they've done with the match going forward. But if she fucks up again she needs to go.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's all well and good but they need to get proper tv time instead of YouTube tournaments.

The tournament did great numbers on youtube, the idea worked and the finals were on TV. The rest of the matches weren't really great TV matches, although most were at least fun.

For various reasons the division hasn't had enough TV ready talent this year. When they have access to TV ready talent they've been using them, Thunder Rosa has gotten two long matches in the last few weeks. They've done everything they can to get Baker and Swole on TV even though Baker couldn't wrestle. When they have acts that work they try to get them on Dynamite.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ivelisse is on Instagram Live doing a video of her walking her dog

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like they should prove they're the supportive locker by having a serious talk with her and giving her one more chance. Give her the chance to change. Which maybe is what they've done with the match going forward. But if she fucks up again she needs to go.

She has to have gotten countless second chances at this point (hell AEW was her second chance imo) if she actually is the narcissist every action she's ever taken indicates then a stern talking to isn't gonna do poo poo. She needs serious and long term professional mental healthcare and given her stated attitudes on that front I'm not holding my breath.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

She has to have gotten countless second chances at this point (hell AEW was her second chance imo) if she actually is the narcissist every action she's ever taken indicates then a stern talking to isn't gonna do poo poo. She needs serious and long term professional mental healthcare and given her stated attitudes on that front I'm not holding my breath.

whatever you say doc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

working myself into a diagnosis

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah maybe don't armchair diagnose people.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My sources say the death penalty is on the table for Ivelisse. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

My sources say the death penalty is on the table for Ivelisse. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

She's going to ROH?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

She's going to ROH?

worse.

mlw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?