Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cold on a Cob posted:

no the cool thing about aches and pains is they won't kill you. enjoy suffering until something else does though!

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

espresso in my joints

coffee thread's over there partner

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've reached the "stretch and limber up before taking a dump" stage of my life.

i have to do some stretches every time i ride my big motorcycle or my left hip will do this occasional thing where it feels like it's gonna pop out of the socket and i get this incredible pain and when you're trying to pilot a motorcycle in heavy traffic with your left leg sticking straight out things get real sketchy real fast

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

graph posted:

coffee thread's over there partner

lol. wtf. thanks, timb. you colossal poo poo.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

i have to do some stretches every time i ride my big motorcycle or my left hip will do this occasional thing where it feels like it's gonna pop out of the socket and i get this incredible pain and when you're trying to pilot a motorcycle in heavy traffic with your left leg sticking straight out things get real sketchy real fast
i used to get this and boy oh boy does it suck. idk how to resolve it via exercise or w/e except that i lost a bunch of weight and it went away.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maybe decrepit ghouls shouldn't be allowed on public roads :thunk:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
just had my one on one with my boss and we mostly talked about our health issues lol

none of y'all do this though, i get away with it b/c canada so doesn't effect the company and he and i are old friends at this point

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i dream of the day in canada where you have to retire your license as a condition of receiving canada pension plan benefits. you have time to walk or take the bus now

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i dream of the day in canada where you have to retire your license as a condition of receiving canada pension plan benefits. you have time to walk or take the bus now

gotta fix lovely public transit first but, yeah agreed

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

what a shitshow this would have been with covid

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

gotta fix lovely public transit first but, yeah agreed

MononcQc posted:

what a shitshow this would have been with covid
reasonable points. covid did have programs where seniors alone got more money for their increase in living expenses, maybe it could have been folded in there. no easy solution to it tho

otoh it would be nice not having seniors plow into buildings and farmers markets, etc, or indirectly causing traffic accidents otherwise

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
waiting for my gp to call me so i can tell her all about my new hand pain and i guess she'll probably just prescribe me more physio

idk we'll see, i want to be screened for rheumatoid arthritis just to make sure i don't have that, if it's tendonitis/carpal tunnel/etc then best i can do is physio :\

i have osteoarthritis in my knees so hopefully that isn't what's up with my thumbs

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
just spoke w/ my gp, i have to get bloodwork and x-rays to figure out if i have some form of arthritis then maybe more physio

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don’t forget to take fish oil or hemp seed oil or the latest ocean/weed oil

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
my doc says the tylenol i take (slow release arthritis kind) is the best kind i can be taking and to stick w/ that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

how would you get to work then?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
morlocks use underground tunnels

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

after long miles in the milktunnels, jerry emerges blinking into the light of day

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

tool-assisted any % nosferatu speedrun

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

stool-assisted milk run

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
went to dentist coz had extreme cold sensitivity but not a hole! dentist said my teeth were great relatively. fluoride toothpaste is obv great

do have wisdom tooth that’s gonna gently caress up my life tho

also gently caress i wish i listened to the dentist when i was young and asked my parents for braces. one friend of mine used to call them graveyard teeth 😭 good nick just hosed up and could def do with a whiten

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

42, or "road to hell" as someone graffitoed on the bus stop sign.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
youd still be on a public road tho

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pedantic AND decrepit? You've won the jackpot.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notice I didn't say cum this time. I don't know why.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Notice I didn't say cum this time. I don't know why.
long refractory period

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

went to dentist coz had extreme cold sensitivity but not a hole! dentist said my teeth were great relatively. fluoride toothpaste is obv great

do have wisdom tooth that’s gonna gently caress up my life tho

also gently caress i wish i listened to the dentist when i was young and asked my parents for braces. one friend of mine used to call them graveyard teeth 😭 good nick just hosed up and could def do with a whiten

do you clench or grind your teeth? i had a bite guard that needed an adjustment since a bunch of work shifted my bite, so i was getting weird sensitivity

whitenings also gave me a ton of sensitivity when i was younger. just terrible discomfort for days. now i use a fluoride paste and some biomin stuff that basically matches the good sensodyne they dont sell in the states

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

morlocks use underground tunnels

wells just called them elon tunnels

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Agile Vector posted:

do you clench or grind your teeth? i had a bite guard that needed an adjustment since a bunch of work shifted my bite, so i was getting weird sensitivity

whitenings also gave me a ton of sensitivity when i was younger. just terrible discomfort for days. now i use a fluoride paste and some biomin stuff that basically matches the good sensodyne they dont sell in the states

the sensitivity is from exposed dentine (sp) from a little bit of recessed gum and perhaps over brushing in one point. i don’t clench much. i’ve always hated my teeth tho i never smile and very self conscious of it. somehow still had a sex so can’t be too bad

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

the sensitivity is from exposed dentine (sp) from a little bit of recessed gum and perhaps over brushing in one point. i don’t clench much. i’ve always hated my teeth tho i never smile and very self conscious of it. somehow still had a sex so can’t be too bad

the entire continued existence of British people belies this

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

the sensitivity is from exposed dentine (sp) from a little bit of recessed gum and perhaps over brushing in one point.
i’m told by a dental hygienist you can just rub a little bit of sensodyne on the affected area before you go to bed every few days and it helps. haven’t had to do it yet myself but seems like a neat trick.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

ouch, thats no fun :(

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i’m told by a dental hygienist you can just rub a little bit of sensodyne on the affected area before you go to bed every few days and it helps. haven’t had to do it yet myself but seems like a neat trick.

for mine i had some filling sensitivity so they recommended the same thing but on floss to get between the teeth since theyre contact area fillings

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

can confirm it works, as well as swishing the toothpaste after and not rinsing so it settles in more

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my lower back has been really painful lately, waking me up at night and keeping me from sleeping. I hope it's just the extra belly or the lack of stretching and that losing weight and stretching will fix it. otherwise rip me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

how’s you lumbar support throughout the day, op?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk, ok I guess? it only hurts when I'm laying down though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

my lower back has been really painful lately, waking me up at night and keeping me from sleeping. I hope it's just the extra belly or the lack of stretching and that losing weight and stretching will fix it. otherwise rip me

stretch your legs like hamstrings back of the legs etc. even if it's just a lazy stretch it helps me

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

word, thanks. that mostly worked in the past for me; I also had a buddy in grad school that had really tight hamstrings that messed up his back at night. I made the mistake of looking on the internet though so now I'm all worried that I have some weird spine arthritis or something

the plan for now is basically toe touches and to continue my weight loss and see where I am in a month. the past few nights have been rough though

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
the thing that helps my back pain is to put my legs up the wall with my back on the floor and just hold it for a few minutes, like this except butt against the wall and no pillow

i have trouble sliding my butt against the wall so i do it beside a doorway so i can just roll into position

edit: when i first started i couldn't even straighten my legs but i'd just go as much as i could, but now i can straighten them and it feels really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

stretch your legs like hamstrings back of the legs etc. even if it's just a lazy stretch it helps me

how does achmed stretching help you??