Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

I think the ESPN crew would be pretty good if they just dumped Pierce

They had Jay Williams instead of Pierce for a while and it was much more listenable even though he has college basketball brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He has a lot of practice cutting holes in sheets.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Seriously what does Jimmy gotta do to get a call?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The GDTs are so much more pleasant with the playoff posters mostly ignoring this series for some reason.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Seriously what does Jimmy gotta do to get a call?

Get the fix out but unfortunately it is in.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

They had Jay Williams instead of Pierce for a while and it was much more listenable even though he has college basketball brain.

He's on there now, he's fine but tries too hard sometimes.

GRANT

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

JVG doesn't understand how someone can graduate in 3 years :lol:

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

omg

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Celtics approach to the zone has been great so far. also I luv u Grant

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Jesus christ

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Many notable basketball thinkers believe that if the Celtics simply started Grant they would be on their way to a sweep right now

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Cmon give jae that block wtf

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If I saw Jae Crowder block Jaylen Brown I would also assume it had to involve a foul but that was pretty clean

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If Celtics can keep the lead around 15 I think they can survive 4th quarter Jimmy Butler.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Can't let the Celtics go down 0-3 especially after the dramatic locker room narrative in play. The fix is loving in lol.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Celtics are up by 16 and I'm still terrified.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Can't let the Celtics go down 0-3 especially after the dramatic locker room narrative in play. The fix is loving in lol.

I mean you saw the thing in the first quarter where Tatum was clearly fouled, the call was missed, he complained, and they gave him a technical right

Bad calls happen

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

Celtics are up by 16 and I'm still terrified.

Double digit leads are the Celtics' worst enemy and biggest weakness this postseason

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Mr. Funktastic posted:

this has been a very frustrating quarter

loquacius posted:

I mean you saw the thing in the first quarter where Tatum was clearly fouled, the call was missed, he complained, and they gave him a technical right

Bad calls happen

it was a bad initial call, but the tech was tatum’s fault the refs aren’t responsible for that entire 6pt swing

stuker fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 20, 2020

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
make em say nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunn

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
So many missed easy buckets

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

Oh my god

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
my favorite part of playoffs hoop is consecutive missed layups

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

HOW DO YOU MISS THOSE FUCKIN' LAYUPS!?

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
basketball is hard it turns out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Athanatos posted:

If Celtics can keep the lead around 15 I think they can survive 4th quarter Jimmy Butler.

I would like to see some math on what level of lead makes it unlikely that a comeback will happen. I think it's somewhere between 15-18.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
smart might have the same disease i have where i try to finger roll all but the most layup line of basket approaches

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Brick brick brick this could get close real quick

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mr. Funktastic posted:

I think personally the problem is that the heat have given up a million turnovers that turn into fast break layups but hell yeah let's make literally every game a weird ref conspiracy what a fun way to watch sports

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Are the Heat gonna start putting the ball in basket?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh nooooo. It's happening again!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
James Worthy being the Wearing the Lakers Jersey to the Boston/Celtics Miami Heat Game guy is something I'm completely here for.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
that is a cardboard cutout

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
James Worthy is tripping balls

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol yeah what the gently caress how is this the game they got him for there is literally a Laker series happening right now

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
uhoh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
cannot believe the refs threw the ball to tatum david stern strikes again

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

MourningView posted:

I think personally the problem is that the heat have given up a million turnovers that turn into fast break layups but hell yeah let's make literally every game a weird ref conspiracy what a fun way to watch sports

Yeah it was a bad take, just frustrated cause the Heat have been playing like poo poo for most of the game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao that smart pre-flop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

OK, that was a vasterly better 3rd quarter.

e: I thought Smart slipped more than flopped.