Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
You know me as Vitalis Jackson, the charismatic Buddhist that honors your noble board with presence. As I honor you.

I am generally constrained, but I also wonder about whether you folks out there -- "goons," I might say -- are in the same world as I.

So, I offer you my Saturday night journal entry:

"We gonna pick up, every mornin', every night, . . ."
"It's an a "Pick Up the Pieces" kind of night.
Another Pandemic Saturday.
I'm listening to a live version of "Somebody to Love" right now. It's interesting how one song segues into another, isn't it? The Spotify venue offers real insight into songs and how they affect and enter into our lives
Segues to "Play On Love," by Jefferson Starship. This, to me, was a signature song of the 70's - 80's band that struggled to move from 1970's politics into 1980's profitability. Ergo, Jefferson Airplane became Jefferson Starship, etc.
Now, well, let's move to "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry. What flows? "Funky Cold Medina," of course! "Play that funky music, white boy!"
"Funky Cold Medina" is next, but that creates a concern for the followup. Does Medina have anything to offer?
No, it does not. But we can move to "Cold Little Heart," by Michael Kiwanuka. It's a beautiful little song you won't hear on the radio, but Kiwanuka has a splendid voice, and this song is wresting.
Then is Neil Young's "Heart of Gold."
Then "Golden Embers," by Mandolin Orange. And that's interesting because this duo captured me via a YouTube video I caught about a week ago. Her violin, his vocal inflections and range were excellent and gave blood to the song.
"Fallen Embers" by Enya.
Then "Ever Fallen in Love," by the Buzzcocks.
Then "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters!
Today I began to build the handrails on the back step. Well, I really started earlier this last week as I demolished the past, sorry effort and replaced it.I must say I rpgressed from that sorry effort.
"Learn to Fly," my favorite Foo Fighters song.
"Get Ready," by Rare Earth.
We went to Menard's and bought spindles and other material to work on the back steps this morning. I started the project, and then we went to Mulligan's and drank several beers. As it turns out, Blue Moon from the tap is just fine.
This version of "Get Ready," by the way, is indeed quite fine. You'll find it on the "Get Ready" album. It's a long version, and it's a work of art.
RGB died. That's difficult. Her life was devoted to fairness. We'll have to see what that rat-bastard Trump and the rat-bastard Republicans do in their psychotic efforts to exert power over the HAPLESS masses. Oh, how I wish the masses could somehow get some HAP!
"Get Ready," by 2 Unlimited. Way ahead of their time.
"Get Lucky," by Pharrell Williams.
"Lucky Man," by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
So I'm sitting on our deck this evening on a coolish but seasonal mid-September evening of the Year of Metamorphosis, listening to ELP's "Lucky Man," reflecting on what a Lucky Man I am, considering how the dice rolled and how the dart was tossed. I have a good life, despite everything,
"Man on the Moon," REM. "Andy Kaufman in a wrestling match, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Monopoly, twenty-one, checkers and chess, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." We're all goofin' on Elvis in some ways, I guess.
Three Rob Roys today after we got home. YES!
The Big 10 conference announced they will have a pandemic football season after all. Starting on October 26, my beloved Cornhuskers' first game will be against Ohio State University. There goes our only hope for an undefeated season! I had banked my hopes on a postponement of the entire season.
Also, Donald Trump sucks. Modern neo-fascist Republicans suck, and BNSF Railroad sucks, perhaps. And the cesspool called Facebook sucks.
"Moon River" by Andy Williams. How beautiful! I think that Andy Williams may have been cancelled, but he had a beautiful voice.
"Take Me to the River," by The Talking Heads. And then, "Every Breath You Take," by the Police. They sing that 'every breath you take, every move you make, every smile you make, every vow you break, I'll be watching you.'
Teresa called me to tell me to turn the volume down a bit.

My journal ends. Questions?

LOVE,
VITALIS

Vitalis Jackson fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Although it's probably inappropriate to reply to one's own post, I find this exercise to have some value. It is a journal of sorts, no? I also wonder how others accept the idea that their opinions have no weight or import in the American "democracy." Does this lack of personal empowerment diminish the ideals of democracy? Just wondering.

LOVE,
VITALIS

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Have you seen the PMF (Post My Favorites) forum? If not, it seems like you might like it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=670

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Make a blog

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Cool thread, op.

Kuato, GED

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Vitalis Jackson posted:

"Moon River" by Andy Williams. How beautiful! I think that Andy Williams may have been cancelled, but he had a beautiful voice.
Moon River was written by Henry Mancini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
But yeah, the version sung by andy williams is great