Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if they put up a market for "will mitch mcconnell summon a demon on the senate floor before 12/31/20 i think i'd bid .15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

i say swears online posted:

if they put up a market for "will mitch mcconnell summon a demon on the senate floor before 12/31/20 i think i'd bid .15

Since we already have some side action on Louisiana in the presidential race, I'll let you do a three-team, two-team teaser round robin banger with Louisiana and Mitch McConnell summoning a demon. You'd literally be taking money from me. You can't lose. Whaddya say?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mcconnell summons the demon but it's a bama fan and the dems still win LA anyway. ez money

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
if there's a market i will go all fuckin in on them pushing through janine piro within the month

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Amy Coney Barrett as next nominee is only at .53 right now. Trump has told staff (and it's been publicly reported) that he was saving Barrett specifically to replace RBG. If you believe he still remembers he was gonna do that, this seems like an okay buy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Amy Coney Barrett as next nominee is only at .53 right now. Trump has told staff (and it's been publicly reported) that he was saving Barrett specifically to replace RBG. If you believe he still remembers he was gonna do that, this seems like an okay buy.
shorting the absolute gently caress out of barrett, .53 is absurd

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

user JUDAKEL has taken me up on 10:1 for trump to win the presidency and 5:1 for trump to win wisconsin, he is putting up respectively $1000 and $500 to my $100 in both markets in that he thinks the sitting president will win both contests

posting it here so i won't forget since i keep asking him to DM me and he will not

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

shorting the absolute gently caress out of barrett, .53 is absurd

I bought in at .48 and should have sold when it was .60-something

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Thank you! Snagged some and eye-balled .65 on a whim, came back and it all sold. I'm only beer-money level trading but still feels good

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

user JUDAKEL has taken me up on 10:1 for trump to win the presidency and 5:1 for trump to win wisconsin, he is putting up respectively $1000 and $500 to my $100 in both markets in that he thinks the sitting president will win both contests

posting it here so i won't forget since i keep asking him to DM me and he will not
If they think Trump is a 90% favorite why on earth would they bet like this rather than on a place like Predictit where that exact bet gets literally 15x the return?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

succ zone is for people so traumatized by 2016 that they can't do math

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

this is shameful robbery you should release judakel from the oath and judakel should put the money on predictit instead imo

unless judakel is maxed and really degen then lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*suddenly becoming extremely greedy*

judakel if you want to give me similar odds i could use a very favorable hedge for my anti-biden bets

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao yeah if he had any intention of seriously taking that bet he'd have half the gamblers on the planet knocking at his door with those odds

i really wish there was more stupid trump money on PI. there's a lot but it's not enough. it feels like robbing people, in a good way

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I bought 100 shares of Barbara Lagoa at 35c. Tell me how degenerate I am. Quick edit: Overseas odds have her as the favorite according to a newsweek article. What could go wrong.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I bought in at .48 and should have sold when it was .60-something

just kidding it's at .83 and she's been to the White House twice this week, I win bitches

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

same but the opposite

mistakenly figured trump would find lagoa hotter than barrett

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm bag holding Lagoa holding out for magic with my $35.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

yeah i just have $20 on barrett NO for $50ish back

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ShadowHawk posted:

If they think Trump is a 90% favorite why on earth would they bet like this rather than on a place like Predictit where that exact bet gets literally 15x the return?

I didn't. He owes me 10,000 if I win.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

tangy yet delightful posted:

you should be buying Barret NOs right now

everyone should

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

you should be buying Barret NOs right now

everyone should
ok boss

currently running money on Rs winning FL and GA, Dems taking the ME senate race, and NO Dems 10.5% or more in the popular vote margin

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Judakel posted:

I didn't. He owes me 10,000 if I win.
That's not what his post here implies. If you two are disagreeing on whether you bet 1:10 or 10:1 you need to figure that poo poo out right now.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ShadowHawk posted:

That's not what his post here implies. If you two are disagreeing on whether you bet 1:10 or 10:1 you need to figure that poo poo out right now.

Clearly, Trump is the underdog. Guess the second emergency stimulus check is coming in November.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
food for thought

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Judakel posted:

Clearly, Trump is the underdog. Guess the second emergency stimulus check is coming in November.
This post doesn't actually clarify anything.

Did you bet 1,000 vs his 10,000 or 1,000 vs his 100 like he claims?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ShadowHawk posted:

This post doesn't actually clarify anything.

Did you bet 1,000 vs his 10,000 or 1,000 vs his 100 like he claims?

1,000 vs 10,000.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

theres no clear agreement so ban anyone who demands to collect on this bet after the election concludes

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Make bets is grounds to close an entire sub forum so good job qcs spies you did it!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Judakel posted:

1,000 vs 10,000.

oh gently caress I didn't realize, I guess you'll owe me $100 million if I win

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Well there's a supposed leak that Barrett is the pick, and given the sieve like nature of Trump's inner circle it's probably true. Saw the news fairly late and at this point I'd be salvaging shares at 5c so I'm just going to hope for a miracle to make money on this one now.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I... hear a voice calling to me. It says, "throw your money away"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

okay newbie question: when will the Barnett market close and give me returns on my stocks?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I... hear a voice calling to me. It says, "throw your money away"

that seems like a pretty arbable market

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

grieving for Gandalf posted:

okay newbie question: when will the Barnett market close and give me returns on my stocks?

6 months after it should have.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't think it'll take long at all to resolve for barrett

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I should've put money on judge confirmation before November 3rd last week. :smith:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I feel like this is extremely mispriced: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/4365/Which-party-will-control-the-House-after-2020-election

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Indeed. This one won't officially resolve until the new Congress is sworn in in January, though, which may account for the present discount. This would be a good one to shift funds over to after Biden doesn't drop out of the race before 11/1.

I'm deep against Trump in Minnesota. Was picking it up when it was running in the 60's.

I'm still holding some of my available cash back in hopes of an MI-03 market. If anyone wants to support that cause by sending a quick market suggestion email to markets at predictit dot org, it would be appreciated. At least RCP shows MI-03 as tossup. It makes more sense than some of these one-sided contests they're currently offering markets for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Merlot Brougham posted:

Indeed. This one won't officially resolve until the new Congress is sworn in in January, though, which may account for the present discount. This would be a good one to shift funds over to after Biden doesn't drop out of the race before 11/1.

I'm deep against Trump in Minnesota. Was picking it up when it was running in the 60's.

I'm still holding some of my available cash back in hopes of an MI-03 market. If anyone wants to support that cause by sending a quick market suggestion email to markets at predictit dot org, it would be appreciated. At least RCP shows MI-03 as tossup. It makes more sense than some of these one-sided contests they're currently offering markets for.

THat makes sense. For the long resolve ones, like 'will Michelle Obama run in 2020' and stuff like that, I just set the sell to 99 which does the trick.

I also just think this is nuts:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5602/Which-party-will-win-Virginia-in-the-2020-presidential-election