Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
We will be submitting, might be a couple secs late as we figure out image hosting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Saucy_Rodent posted:

We will be submitting, might be a couple secs late as we figure out image hosting

Imgur is the standard

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
High Priestess, from my fiance

http://imgur.com/gallery/o4B3Y5o

She hasn't drawn in a while, just getting back into it. I'm very proud of her.

Saucy_Rodent fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 18, 2020

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Saucy_Rodent posted:

High Priestess, from my fiance

http://imgur.com/gallery/o4B3Y5o

She hasn't drawn in a while, just getting back into it. I'm very proud of her.

Do it as a direct link to the image (bbcode option) when you generate the link, so its easily visible in the thread.

Okay, I love all three entries, will pick winner and crit hopefully today

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

I know this is a little late but I am going to enter it anyways. Got stuck trying to pick fonts... as usual.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 18, 2020

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Angrymog posted:

Do it as a direct link to the image (bbcode option) when you generate the link, so its easily visible in the thread.

Okay, I love all three entries, will pick winner and crit hopefully today

I cannot figure out how to do this; is it an option on mobile?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Saucy_Rodent posted:

I cannot figure out how to do this; is it an option on mobile?
Are you using the Awful app? In the upper right is a button labeled "[bb]", in there you can use the "Insert Imgur" feature and it'll take care of the rest for you. Very handy!

E: also I'm not an artist and never had reason to post itt, but I've been following along for a while because you're all making some real nice art. This thread is nice.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Here it is! Hooray! Thanks!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sitting here

Very apt. I like the starkness of the design. Of the three cards the middle one is probably the strongest both in terms of theme and composition. I think the first one has the most issues mainly in the negative space between the arm and head - having it disrupted by one of the swords makes it distracting.

Nethilia

It's a nice simple illustration with decent composition, and I like the folds and drapery on the dress. There are issues with the placement of the head, and the scale of far eye. Her head is too far forwards on her neck, which in turn makes the neck look too long. The left hand eye (her right) is too small - it should be a bit shorter - i.e. you wouldn't see the far corner of it, but not actually smaller. Hands are also a bit small, even taking into account the cartoon proportions

There wolf

Interesting embroidery/collage. I'm guessing everything included is moon-related as well as the obvious apollo capsule. The red lines seem to be a blend between a conspiracy theorists red strings, and a depiction of a human-moon face. On the whole though, I think it works well as a piece of art, but not so well as a tarot card.

Sauncy_Rodent's fiancee

Love the colours and composition on this; don't think the scroll at the bottom added anything, especially with the letters not being morphed to fit. I like that she's a lot less passive and catholic than the traditional High Priestess depiction.

Non-entries (sorry guys :( )
Shinz

The Lovers and The Catfish grossed me out, not gonna lie, but I did enjoy Plague.

Sigma6

Really nice art-deco style border, good composition, and I like the idea of these two being bound together beyond death.

Of the entry-entries, I'm giving it to Saucy Rodent's fianceé - Dodgy CGI scroll aside, I really like the colours of this, and could easily see a full deck. Should she ever get an account, she's due an art dome tag, but for now, she has the sacred duty of picking a new challenge. (general 1 week for signups, and 1.5-2 weeks for art)

Also, it's cool to see new people show up amongst the entrants.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 19, 2020

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Grats to the house of Sauce, and thanks for the crits!

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
Prompt soon!

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Sitting Here posted:

It's a busy month for me so I'm dropping my piece in. The original is in ink but I am, in 2020, teaching myself the basics of putting my ink art into the computer.

The prompt said we could do a three card spread, but in 2020 the only card that's coming up is the ten of swords :smith:

:krad:

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Angrymog posted:

Sitting here

Very apt. I like the starkness of the design. Of the three cards the middle one is probably the strongest both in terms of theme and composition. I think the first one has the most issues mainly in the negative space between the arm and head - having it disrupted by one of the swords makes it distracting.

Also my favorite!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Thank you!

F5ing for a new prompt. I need something to throw my brain at that isn't writing.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
ARTDOME GOES TO THE MAGIC FOREST

On orders from the ol' fiance:

When you sign up, you will be assigned a forest that exists on Earth. It will be your job to create a witch, wizard, spirit, deity, druid, etc. that lives in this forest.

This prompt is cribbed directly from an episode of FaceOff.

Due the following Sunday, 10/4, at 11:59 Central Time.

Entrants:

Sitting Here
Joe Gillian
There wolf

Saucy_Rodent fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 21, 2020

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Saucy_Rodent posted:

When you sign up, you will be assigned a forest that exists on Earth. It will be your job to create a witch, wizard, spirit, deity, druid, etc. that lives in this forest.

Entrants:

gently caress yeah i'm in

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I'll join in on this.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in. Is it going to be a conventional forest or is stuff like kelp forests in play?

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
The assigned forests are generally going to be cool or interesting ones, with some notable or unique quality.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sign me up, but if the forests aren't going to be assigned until end of signup, she might want to allow two weeks to work on it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
This sounds rad. Count me in!

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Saucy_Rodent posted:

Entrants:

Sitting Here
Joe Gillian
There wolf

I think I have a good way I am going to approach this, I am in.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Angrymog posted:

Sign me up, but if the forests aren't going to be assigned until end of signup, she might want to allow two weeks to work on it.

They'll be out earlier than that, just waiting for her to compile a list of forests and some sort of randomization system.

She might also like, get an actual account and take over and poo poo.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Saucy_Rodent posted:

They'll be out earlier than that, just waiting for her to compile a list of forests and some sort of randomization system.

Please don't buy her an account or encourage her to buy one for herself while a known abuser still profits from it.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
This sounds like a neat idea, sign me up!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Sign me up but reluctantly, as finding time for these has been hard lately.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Saucy_Rodent posted:

pm me if you want to arrange a new account, current tariff is :10bux: to a worthy cause.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Sitting Here posted:

gently caress yeah i'm in

Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Kyoto, Japan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arashiyama

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Joe Gillian posted:

I'll join in on this.

Tandayapa Cloud Forest (Bellavista), Ecuador

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellavista_Cloud_Forest_Reserve

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

there wolf posted:

I'm in. Is it going to be a conventional forest or is stuff like kelp forests in play?

Swear to god this wasnt intentional.

Kelp Forest at Monterey Bay Aquarium

https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/visit/exhibits/kelp-forest

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Angrymog posted:

Otzarreta Forest, Spain

https://aboutbasquecountry.eus/en/2018/12/09/otzarreta-forest-one-of-the-19-forests-we-need-to-visit/

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

readingatwork posted:

This sounds rad. Count me in!

Dragon's Blood Forests, Yemen

https://therevelator.org/dragons-blood-tree/

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

syntaxrigger posted:

I think I have a good way I am going to approach this, I am in.

Painted Forest, Hawaii

https://www.hawaiianbeachrentals.com/Hawaii/Maui/Hana/thingstodo/PaintedForestRainbowEucalyptusTrees.htm

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

This sounds like a neat idea, sign me up!

Hallerbos (Blue Forest), Halle, Belgium

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-blue-forest-halle-belgium

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

sigma 6 posted:

Sign me up but reluctantly, as finding time for these has been hard lately.

Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve, Madagascar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsingy_de_Bemaraha_Strict_Nature_Reserve

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
alright, I'm in

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

Flavius Aetass posted:

alright, I'm in

Crooked Forest, Poland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crooked_Forest

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've queued up a gangtag, but you are holding it for your fiance - if/when she gets her own account I'll transfer it.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
Yeah, she'll get one, maybe not right away, but yeah, I don't deserve one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sure, count me in. Is suicide-forest japan taken yet? :haw: