Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

PC for PC & Xbox Games, Switch, PS5

hail satan

see you on the battlefield

6 that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sorry Carmack works for facebook now :whitewater:
Carmack recently reduced his involvement with Facebook/Oculus from fulltime down to consulting. He's currently focusing on what he describes as "independent AI research" and what I call "mad science that will inevitably bring about the events depicted in the Terminator franchise".

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

They want to make the graph go up and right. Minecraft is still on other consoles.

they are not putting out a console like the series x that is loss leading so hard on its hardware cost, with a second hardware model as well, to not sell consoles. if they dont make the bigger titles like elder scrolls and fallout xbox console exclusive theyre the stupidest company on the planet. the xbox division graph is nowhere close to going up and right and buying a gigantic AAA company and then not using that to sell your new hardware will not help that. if just putting out games on other consoles was their plan to make money they wouldnt be making new hardware and all the xbox first party titles like halo and forza would be lining up playstation releases. even gamepass is specifically to push hardware sales by making a value argument for the xbox platform over playstation.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zerot posted:

But remember that Sony is releasing games on PC now, and will be releasing at least one game on Switch and Xbox. It's not clear-cut and it can be worth it depending on the situation.

just like minecraft isnt a pattern for microsofts approach to their first party titles neither is hzd one for sonys

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Stux posted:

just like minecraft isnt a pattern for microsofts approach to their first party titles neither is hzd one for sonys

MLB The Show is also going multiplatform. And that's why I mentioned it being a consideration based on the situation. Situations are different for different products and deals.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mlb is an exceptional situation that has basically never happened before in all of gaming

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

American McGay posted:

Let Carmack make the new Quake.

Microsoft have saved gaming.

If they can buy From Software next and get the DeS Remake I am 100% in on launch day.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Crafty posted:

If they can buy From Software next and get the DeS Remake I am 100% in on launch day.

why dont you just get a ps5 lol

not rich enough to own two consoles?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Stux posted:

mlb is an exceptional situation that has basically never happened before in all of gaming

I'm really struggling to discern what you're objecting to with what I'm saying. Situationally, even Sony is open to multiplatform development. And they agree to do so because they decided there's more money to do it versus not doing it in those situations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure MLB bullied Sony into allowing The Show on other platforms.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ethanol posted:

he can afford the two consoles but not the larger house needed to accommodate the ps5

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

butt dickus posted:

he can afford the two consoles but not the larger house needed to accommodate the ps5

you dont put it in the house it orbits the planet and you beam up and down to it

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure MLB bullied Sony into allowing The Show on other platforms.

MLB was the party that pushed for it, yes. But Sony had to agree to do it. Maybe they would have lost the license or had to pay the MLB more money if they didn't, who knows. But that's why I keep saying that it's situational.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zerot posted:

I'm really struggling to discern what you're objecting to with what I'm saying. Situationally, even Sony is open to multiplatform development. And they agree to do so because they decide there's more money to do it versus not doing it.

mlb had failed to get other platform holders to make successful franchises from the license and put a stipulation in sonys renewal that their games go multiplatform. so yes in the situation where a license holder for a sports game they develop tell them to do it they will make a multiplatform game. this is an extraordinarily strange situation that has never come up before and theres nothing else they make that would potentially be in this situation again, mlb is the only sports franchise that took this specific approach to games that lead to this happening.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
When do I get my new GamePass games and complimentary EA membership damnit!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FunOne posted:

When do I get my new GamePass games and complimentary EA membership damnit!
Halo 3 ODST tomorrow, Night In The Woods and Vermintide 2 (Console) on Thursday. EA stuff is prob. in November if I had to guess.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ethanol posted:

Rich? I own all the consoles plus psvr with a gun controller and two moves, so you be the judge.

I can't really justify buying a whole console for one remake though. Also I live in London so I simply don't have the square footage available to house the giant PS5.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Rich? I own all the consoles plus psvr with a gun controller and two moves, so you be the judge.

I can't really justify buying a whole console for one remake though. Also I live in London so I simply don't have the square footage available to house the giant PS5.

Dont worry ms will buy sony by march at this rate

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Crafty posted:

you bought a sony console? that's heresy. do your bosses at ms know about this?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

owning a gun controller in the uk puts you on the terrorism watchlist be careful

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

nah he enjoyed bloodborne, soon he'll just be able to look outside his window for the next-gen experience of it though

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The Kins posted:

Halo 3 ODST tomorrow, Night In The Woods and Vermintide 2 (Console) on Thursday. EA stuff is prob. in November if I had to guess.

The EA Play release said holiday so Nov/Dec window.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Crafty posted:

Microsoft have saved gaming.

Demon’s Souls is owned by Sony and always was. That’s why there’s a Dark Souls instead of a Demon’s Souls 2

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

still waiting for that bloodborne pc version

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

nah he enjoyed bloodborne, soon he'll just be able to look outside his window for the next-gen experience of it though

Please dont talk about me like I'm not here. I did like bloodborne, but the frame pacing issue takes away from the experience. Think I preferred DS3 overall.

Stux posted:

owning a gun controller in the uk puts you on the terrorism watchlist be careful

You are getting guns and plastic bags confused

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

those are fine as long as you pay 10p

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there any technical, software or otherwise reason why remote play wouldn't come to macOS? PlayStation having their app on macOS is arguably my favorite "feature" of the PS4 and I would absolutely love the same from MS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apple hosed over Xcloud on iOS so I could see MS just not bothering

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is there any technical, software or otherwise reason why remote play wouldn't come to macOS? PlayStation having their app on macOS is arguably my favorite "feature" of the PS4 and I would absolutely love the same from MS.

They'd probably need to finally make official osx drivers for the bonetroller and the 360 one. Other than that, no not really.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LODGE NORTH posted:

You can use OneCast on macOS for (local) Xbox streaming.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
No one really has to worry anymore about devs ignoring the Series S in a few years lol. Microsoft owns all the devs.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Xbox Design Lab is shutting down temporarily.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-design-lab-temporary-shut-down

quote:

After October 13, 2020, the Xbox Design Lab will no longer be available, and presumably won't be returning until sometime in 2021. While Microsoft doesn't provide a reason for this decision, it's likely to prepare and outfit the Xbox Design Lab with the new Xbox controller that will debut with Microsoft's next-gen consoles, the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

If you want to design a controller as a holiday gift, do it sooner rather than later.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Thom12255 posted:

No one really has to worry anymore about devs ignoring the Series S in a few years lol. Microsoft owns all the devs.

funny in retrospect that id were one of the more negatively vocal devs

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

poo poo I may actually go Xbox Series X instead of PS5 next gen - guess ya got me Microsoft.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Good timing on the announcement

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
The Xbox store looks new and doesn’t work... yay?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

ghostwritingduck posted:

The Xbox store looks new and doesn’t work... yay?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think preorders for Japan go up in an hour. Im gonna try but Im also gonna assume it wont work because nobody in Japan knows what an Xbox is

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

I think preorders for Japan go up in an hour. Im gonna try but Im also gonna assume it wont work because nobody in Japan knows what an Xbox is

Can confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1308164099801591810

Interesting choice of colors there.