Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
pH is a log scale so 11.3 and 12.6 are actually more than 10x apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Buxton log scale

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Much better than the Bristol log scale

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

If you drink the electric blue stuff you will die. Antifreeze, mouthwash, the stuff in the incontinence adverts, WKD, all of it will kill you. Do not expose yourself to the blue liquid.

You'll take my Cherenkola from my cold, dead, possibly glowing hands.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1307836191119757313?s=21

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

StillFullyTerrible posted:

i mean, we didn't burn down 10 Downing Street, so

We burned down all of York aka Toronto and the british responded with a “gently caress you” raid on a half-built capital for no strategic gain.

1812 really was a draw, and a dumb war to begin with. The most decisive battle happened after peace was already signed. 1812 the american loss is bad canadian public school education adopted by americans because non-conservatives tend to counter american exceptionalism with “american exceptionalism but exceptionally bad.”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If only we taught history in a way that the moral of the story was "sometimes stupid poo poo happens because nobody knows what they hell they are doing and nobody learns anything" instead of "there are good guys and bad guys and history is a movie script"

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I'm pretty sure if you start a war and the ending is a return to the status quo, you've lost.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Angry Salami posted:

I'm pretty sure if you start a war and the ending is a return to the status quo, you've lost.

“While the war ended in a draw, both sides were happy with the outcome that saw the war ending and indigenous nations are generally seen among historians as the real losers.”

Everyone (who counted as people at the time) got what they wanted, and no, no one but a small faction of hawks wanted the US to annex Canada.

E: starting the war against the world’s leading great power and failing to lose was in fact a pretty important outcome for the US, and meant the end of policies like impressment, the treating of british-born americans as being under British jurisdiction, and the arming of indigenous peoples by the British against the US. The modern narrative is pretty much entirely tied up in the birth of canadian nationalism which is why we’ve all collectively agreed to pretend that canadian militias were doing the brunt of the fighintg and White House burning and not overwhelmingly British regulars.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Sep 21, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

SiKboy posted:

1. If I drop a third one of a mountain I think people will start to get suspicious.

:perfect:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

OwlFancier posted:

If you drink the electric blue stuff you will die. Antifreeze, mouthwash, the stuff in the incontinence adverts, WKD, all of it will kill you. Do not expose yourself to the blue liquid.

:rolleyes: You don't drink Zydrate, you inject it. (It's quick, and it's clean, and it's pure.)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Powered Descent posted:

:rolleyes: You don't drink Zydrate, you inject it. (It's quick, and it's clean, and it's pure.)

It's what?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Powered Descent posted:

It comes in a little black vial

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“While the war ended in a draw, both sides were happy with the outcome that saw the war ending and indigenous nations are generally seen among historians as the real losers.”

Everyone (who counted as people at the time) got what they wanted, and no, no one but a small faction of hawks wanted the US to annex Canada.

E: starting the war against the world’s leading great power and failing to lose was in fact a pretty important outcome for the US, and meant the end of policies like impressment, the treating of british-born americans as being under British jurisdiction, and the arming of indigenous peoples by the British against the US. The modern narrative is pretty much entirely tied up in the birth of canadian nationalism which is why we’ve all collectively agreed to pretend that canadian militias were doing the brunt of the fighintg and White House burning and not overwhelmingly British regulars.

Honestly the US was in a pretty bad position in 1814 but winning the battles of New Orleans and Baltimore did a lot for national unity. The takeaway for Americans was that we were fully capable of fending off foreign invaders and ushered in a little thing called the Era of Good Feelings because people were good at naming things back then.

For the UK the war was pretty much immediately forgotten because they didn't really give a poo poo about anything except keeping control of Canada and also because the Napoleonic Wars were way more exciting. They also stopped impressing American sailors but AFAIK that was mostly because they stopped needing them.

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Sep 21, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“... indigenous nations are generally seen among historians as the real losers.”

History of the Americas 1492-present.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

You only have one? Those things are all over south Georgia (the state; I'm sure Georgia the country has their own lovely industrial death pits)

They're Kaolin mines, and you get a lot of pretty striations from the white clay mixing with the iron oxide in the soil.

The mining companies will do tours of them if you really want to see them.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The IOSM are in the replies to the ny post tweet. Way too many to post them.

https://twitter.com/feistyfrank/status/1307913025471602688

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1308142652043538433

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1307682676372123650

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4DwcrE658

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh my god dahir insaat is still going.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Behold, the future of transportation: a train, but tall and wide!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bugsy posted:

The IOSM are in the replies to the ny post tweet. Way too many to post them.

https://twitter.com/feistyfrank/status/1307913025471602688
More in the comments here
https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1308049145094197248

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jesus Christ the term "gaslighting" should never have hit the mainstream.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I fail to see the idiocy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Weirdly specific pitch, but yes, Republicans are as much opposed to small businesses as they are anything with a net worth of not a billion dollars.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

xtal posted:

Much better than the Bristol log scale

:itwaspoo:

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1308155423690764289

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Just when I thought I couldn't lose any more faith in humanity.

The amount of people in this follow-up saying "we knew exactly how you meant it in the original tweet, that's why we called you out on it!" They don't even get it after it's pointed out to them.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Idiot because that is obviously cherry coke

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mak0rz posted:

Behold, the future of transportation: a train, but tall and wide!
Also less fuel efficient, could tip over at the slightest failure, incredibly hard to turn, and will crash into everything.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vib Rib posted:

Also less fuel efficient, could tip over at the slightest failure, incredibly hard to turn, and will crash into everything.

11'8" bridge but in train form will be amazing for the dashcam scene.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Glenn Greenwald is currently having a pretty impressive meltdown.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
All I got was "you people are contemptible viruses"

Eugenics and a sort of matrix vibe

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that is not how you argue on the internet

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

that is not how you argue on the internet

You mean lead-footing the Godwin pedal isn't the fastest way to internet victory? :aaaaa:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Glenn Greenwald is currently having a pretty impressive meltdown.

Glenn is always having a meltdown and he always reminds me of the tweeter who imagines him and his beautiful family looking on as he gets his burns off.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Euphoriaphone posted:

Just when I thought I couldn't lose any more faith in humanity.

The amount of people in this follow-up saying "we knew exactly how you meant it in the original tweet, that's why we called you out on it!" They don't even get it after it's pointed out to them.

A lot of people seem to be taking the angle that "calling it an upset is demeaning to her and implies that she didn't deserve the win" and I kinda get where they're coming from. Also the actual article has some lovely takes in it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I'm the people walking by with no barrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Baron von Eevl posted:

A lot of people seem to be taking the angle that "calling it an upset is demeaning to her and implies that she didn't deserve the win" and I kinda get where they're coming from. Also the actual article has some lovely takes in it.

Ehh, "deserve" rarely has much to do with who wins an Emmy, and the word "upset" is usually used with that meaning to describe sporting events that are as close to objective in their results as possible, outside of some die hard fans it's pretty rare for people to think the under dog team that managed to score more points than the favorite doesn't "deserve" to win.