Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Chris James 2 posted:

Not the best "gotcha" saying "it's okay to immediately fail when you're old!" when you're citing two people who 1) didn't immediately fail and 2) intend on retiring soon regardless (Styles admitted the contract he just signed is his last, and Joe can't get cleared and is probably not re-signing, either to work elsewhere where he can get cleared If He Can or to move on)

40 is not the end of a career especially for a male wrestler was the point. Maybe I shouldn't have thrown Joe in there, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Mr. T's bar

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1308197811276529664

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

No Lance, Kevin Dunn was on staff before the pandemic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they were gonna call him crowbar but turns out devon storm still has the trademark for that name

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Call him Slapnuts and dare Jeff Jarrett to sue.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

all will be forgiven if we get new NWO b-team stories

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

Styles is 43. Joe's 41. Orton's 40.

Knock it off with the ageist/sexist poo poo.

the issue kungfu is raising is that with wwe's 5 year deals and probably the near guarantee she'll probably get injured at some point during those 5 years due to how wwe destroys wrestlers bodies with their ridiculous training regimens, she's probably looking at 6-8 years of being with the company.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

Styles is 43. Joe's 41. Orton's 40.

Knock it off with the ageist/sexist poo poo.

you're also citing wrestlers that had prevalence in the companies they worked for in their 20s and 30s, with exposure on major cable networks that drew millions of viewers weekly, which is not an avenue mercedes has had. styles, joe, orton, even mickie james beth phoenix and natalya all had the benefit of staying relevant in a tv role. mercedes is someone who was mostly working indies her entire career and honestly if you feel like you only have one shot you probably take the sure thing over something that could be around for one or two years and go belly up (she signed before AEW got their extension and money deal).

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

"she's going to be 40 years old in November. this is probably her only shot at anything"

Is a gross thing to say and tripping over yourselves to defend it is real bad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not going to watch this but retribution seems like it the shield debuted with those literal shields

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

"she's going to be 40 years old in November. this is probably her only shot at anything"

you're absolutely right. we're wrong. i guess i forgot all about those other wrestlers who only ever worked indies get their first shot at age 40 and then get opportunity after opportunity offered to them. it happens all the time. my mistake.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

slapjack is the most prichard-rear end name i've ever seen

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I think Mia and Mercedes actually look half-decent, Mia especially since its not radically off her normal look. She knows how to own it, and the eye sequins are neat.

But holy gently caress, everything else. Those poor boys.

Also... so the gimmick is that they hate WWE for being an evil company, and that accusation is meant to be baseless Because Antifa even though the company's own lore often portrays it as evil. Okay. They also hate the wrestlers (lol at anarchist rebels using the Corporate Approved Terminology) for being greed-driven assholes who only care about making money, and they are going to bring WWE down by destroying all the wrestlers that make the company's money. Also ok. They are also hypocrites because they went out of their way to say its OK for THEM to take WWE's money because they deserve it, and they cover this hypocrisy by claiming that taking the contracts was only a smokescreen to allow them to attack and injure wrestlers freely under WRESTLING LAW rather than having to constantly avoid the cops. All that seems to track decently well.

But they also... mocked the Brass Ring concept, which implies that they were once just like the other wrestlers who wanted to work hard and reach the top of the company? But now they hate the wrestlers who are doing that rather than sympathizing with them or trying to win them over, because they're primarily attacking faces? Are the Hurt Business faces? I thought they were heels. Is this a Heel v Heel feud? Or did Hurt Business turn by opposing Retribution? Is the feud supposed to be because Hurt Business is all about the money? I honestly don't know if that's their gimmick, I couldn't really figure them out from the recaps, they seemed really bland. Like I know that Hurt Business apparently just took it on themselves for no reason to fight Retribution, but surely there should be something more than that under the surface for the sake of a running feud, right?

Should they not hate Company Man pricks like Randy Orton and Ziggler, rather than guys like Drew who is exactly like them in terms of personal narrative? Remember how he was Vince's CHOSEN ONE and flopped so he had to rebuild himself from scratch on the indies and only got to the golden throne of Universal Champion by destroying himself, including a near-career-ending injury in NXT? Wouldn't that be a potentially compelling conflict? Or is that also part of their hypocrisy, that they only hate people who reflect their own sins of "Trying Hard For The Sake Of An Evil Corporation" but aren't "woke," enough to see that they've been exploited. I guess that would make sense, but they talked like their intent is to target EVERYONE regardless to bring WWE down because that's the real goal... despite also making it clear from their verbiage that their disgust for the other wrestlers is pretty personal?

This poo poo is such nonsense.

(Also, lol that WWE put the BLM Protestors up against the All Black Guy Stable)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I think Mia and Mercedes actually look half-decent, Mia especially since its not radically off her normal look. She knows how to own it, and the eye sequins are neat.

if Mia was allowed to just wear the bandana it'd be fine but lmao no cant have that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like the direction of the stable is a reaction to a combination of antifa and wwe's hurt feelings toward fans that dropped them cold for other wrestling companies.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Evil Badman posted:

I’d say the same thing about a male wrestler who primarily worked the indies, was in his 40s, and was looking at a 5 year contract. Sure you have exceptions like Dustin Rhodes and Minoru Suzuki but the reality of the business is most wrestlers who can’t just work twice a year as a legend are on their last legs career-wise in their late 40s. It’s just the physical toll of the business and it’s the same in most real sports (if not even earlier).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's always great to have a storyline where people who signed a contract with the place claims how much the company they chose to sign with sucks. always definitely good to call attention to how bad your product is to the fans. that will definitely get heel heat and make people watch your program.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Critical posted:

slapjack is the most prichard-rear end name i've ever seen

With the weapons motif they probably started with “Blackjack” and then either were afraid of the word “black” or someone remembered Blackjack Mulligan and rather than think of a different thing that worked better they just did the dumbest possible permutation

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes hello, my name is Billy. Billy Stick.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the names sound like the street thug flunkie villains in an early 90s white dude kung fu flick (seagal or norris) and they all happen to be australian for some reason

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one of them should go by the name club, specifically the automobile antitheft device

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

JOHN CENA posted:

the names sound like the street thug flunkie villains in an early 90s white dude kung fu flick (seagal or norris) and they all happen to be australian for some reason

Streets of Rage enemies

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Streets of Rage enemies

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah there it is

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

You know Brennan was creaming himself that he gets to make a reference to Mace: The Dark Age and he'll be the only one to get the reference

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Huh.

Also don’t look up “slapjack” on Urban Dictionary

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neodoomium posted:

No Lance, Kevin Dunn was on staff before the pandemic

Very nice :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The big reveal on Raw would’ve somehow been LESS embarrassing if they had shown up wearing intricate steampunk costumes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Golden Bee posted:

Mr. T's bar

Mr. T Ate My Bars

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Mr. T Ate My Bars

Mr T is a JoMoSapien?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Potential antifa weapon name wrestlers:

Concreet Milkshayke
Old Firework
Trash Canne
Undercover Cop Rock
Journalyst Phone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

ICR posted:

I am sure it will not be career suicide to be part of the heel group ANTIFA SUPERSOLDIERS featuring my dear friends Blowhole, Fartjuice and A-Dweeb.

“We signed the 5-year contracts so we are here for good and that means we can’t go to the other place! We are a liberal group that does protests and we are a bunch of P-WORDS! We do what we want, when we want and we hate cops, we are so bad!

We support Daniel Bryan’s Save the World campaign gimmick because that is awful for the world too! We are HEELS! It’s our turn now to take on The Hurt Business, for obvious reasons *winkyface*.”

2020, a discourse.

Related: the hurt business seem to still be heels, right. So are retribution faces? Did they wrestle as faces? Do they seemingly have a goal and method?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

retribute into something fool
i just got fired for doing what you told me to do
that's the breaks boy (yeah)
that's the breaks little man
break it down

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I both love and hate this :)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Retribution is feuding with the Hurt Business because Antifa hurts business when they damage property.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Wazzu posted:

Related: the hurt business seem to still be heels, right. So are retribution faces? Did they wrestle as faces? Do they seemingly have a goal and method?
Nothing matters, you've already put more thought into this angle than they have

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Potential antifa weapon name wrestlers:

Concreet Milkshayke
Old Firework
Trash Canne
Undercover Cop Rock
Journalyst Phone

SOOOOUUUUUP

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Cavauro posted:

retribute into something fool
i just got fired for doing what you told me to do
that's the breaks boy (yeah)
that's the breaks little man
break it down

You think you can tell us what to do? (it's in the contract)
You think you can tell us what to wear? (yes sir)
(suits at the airport)
You think that you're better (just happy to be here)
Well, we better get ready to bow to the masters
Retri-bute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Do not even ask posted:

You know Brennan was creaming himself that he gets to make a reference to Mace: The Dark Age and he'll be the only one to get the reference
I was thinking Fighting Force, although to be honest Brennan doesn't look very much like Mace Daniels.