Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah they quietly removed all those missions back in March when the expansion dropped. It's like one throwaway line in the patchnotes about streamlining the DZ intros but they just removed the missions entirely.

Huh, well, fine by me! I'm just happy I didn't encounter some weird bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

update on my posts from the prior page:

this game is good. it's much better than it was a year or year and a half ago. $14.99 for expansion was well spent.

A++ dystopian loot shooter.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

also, the PC clan seems to still have a few open spots? if anyone is rejoining the game and wants in, definitely check out the discord link in OP

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

pmchem posted:

also, the PC clan seems to still have a few open spots? if anyone is rejoining the game and wants in, definitely check out the discord link in OP

Yes, AHO has still a bunch of spots open. Make sure you tell someone either on this thread or on discord when requesting an invite or applying directly so we know who's who.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm excited about this game for the first time in a long time

Looking forward to the infinite skyscraper and a new season track

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've taken a few weeks off but Skyscraper is sounding dope.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Hey Division goons, how is The Division 2 these days?

okay lol I'll be more specific -- I played a lot of TD2 when it first came out on the PS4, grabbed it on sale for the PC sometime last fall, got fairly into the endgame. I was running a fairly OP build -- stinger hive and that bleed set -- and I really enjoyed being able to speedrun solo missions on challenging. There was a lot I liked in the expansion and in the new loot system but I stopped playing pretty quickly afterwards because it just felt too frustrating. Even with build advice in this thread, and swapping over to that OP semi-auto rifle I was still dying WAY too often and taking longer than I'd like to murder people. Felt like the devs were pushing really hard for MMO style roles and were tweaking everything around that, even single player stuff. Since I almost exclusively solo I found the difficulty tweaked too high and the loot drip WAY too low. Like even if I could beat a challenging mission I'd get nothing useful out of it and they were taking me like four or five times the amount of time it took around TU8. So I stopped playing. I think this was around when TU10 came out and the consensus seemed to be that TU10 got things back into a good spot but I didn't feel that way. Maybe TU10 worked if you had been grinding out SHD levels before it came out but I hadn't been doing that, so...

anyway, how is the game now? Still roughly the same difficulty as when I stopped? I get that they'd want to make things tougher than they were in TU8 (even if I didn't want that) and I was totally prepared for the game to get harder but the changes kind of lost me. I know plenty of people seem to think that complaining about the difficulty spike was overblown but I always found that complaint to be valid. So uh, given all that -- can I jump in and shoot people and have fun again, or is "yeah you can easily solo challenging missions!" contingent on having an inventory full of literally god-rolled sets and tons of SHD levels like it was when I left?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hey Division goons, how is The Division 2 these days?

okay lol I'll be more specific -- I played a lot of TD2 when it first came out on the PS4, grabbed it on sale for the PC sometime last fall, got fairly into the endgame. I was running a fairly OP build -- stinger hive and that bleed set -- and I really enjoyed being able to speedrun solo missions on challenging. There was a lot I liked in the expansion and in the new loot system but I stopped playing pretty quickly afterwards because it just felt too frustrating. Even with build advice in this thread, and swapping over to that OP semi-auto rifle I was still dying WAY too often and taking longer than I'd like to murder people. Felt like the devs were pushing really hard for MMO style roles and were tweaking everything around that, even single player stuff. Since I almost exclusively solo I found the difficulty tweaked too high and the loot drip WAY too low. Like even if I could beat a challenging mission I'd get nothing useful out of it and they were taking me like four or five times the amount of time it took around TU8. So I stopped playing. I think this was around when TU10 came out and the consensus seemed to be that TU10 got things back into a good spot but I didn't feel that way. Maybe TU10 worked if you had been grinding out SHD levels before it came out but I hadn't been doing that, so...

anyway, how is the game now? Still roughly the same difficulty as when I stopped? I get that they'd want to make things tougher than they were in TU8 (even if I didn't want that) and I was totally prepared for the game to get harder but the changes kind of lost me. I know plenty of people seem to think that complaining about the difficulty spike was overblown but I always found that complaint to be valid. So uh, given all that -- can I jump in and shoot people and have fun again, or is "yeah you can easily solo challenging missions!" contingent on having an inventory full of literally god-rolled sets and tons of SHD levels like it was when I left?

I don’t know about before much, but I can solo challenging control points and missions no prob even using my unoptimized fun builds. I few have a few really good rolls on equip but am only 180 SHD. Heroic is not a problem using a full red M1AC or skill or ND build but I prefer challenging as the loots almost as good and it’s faster and more ‘video gamely’ if that makes sense.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't really see much of a difference between Heroic and Challenging now outside of a handful of specific fights scattered across most of the missions. Heroic NYC missions are definitely designed to be much tougher on heroic than any of the pre-expansion stuff, even the BTSU-only missions minus Pentagon.

I still haven't had a group complete the Keener mission on heroic but I've only had it roll up randomly 2-3 times and people randomly dropped on two of those even without any wipes or many individual downs.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

What's the deal with this college location? Is it only open like once a year? To me it's a crime to have a loading screen tip about collectibles in a place I can't go to.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It opens up every couple of weeks, the season pass tells you when Kenly is available. I believe it's every three.

be prepared to open a lot of crafting material containers and feel a vague sense of wasting your time, though.

Fabricated posted:

I still haven't had a group complete the Keener mission on heroic but I've only had it roll up randomly 2-3 times and people randomly dropped on two of those even without any wipes or many individual downs.

Keener was bugged for a while there so heroic liberty was more a lesson in self hatred than a viable mission. Now that he's fixed - or is being fixed in TU11 - I'll be running liberty more often and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 22, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Psion posted:

It opens up every couple of weeks, the season pass tells you when Kenly is available. I believe it's every three.

be prepared to open a lot of crafting material containers and feel a vague sense of wasting your time, though.

Ah, oh well. At least I'll take a look when the time comes.

Another question: Once I get to NY I can pretty much completely forget about anything related to the 0-30 recalibration library, yes?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Black Griffon posted:

Ah, oh well. At least I'll take a look when the time comes.

Another question: Once I get to NY I can pretty much completely forget about anything related to the 0-30 recalibration library, yes?

The best of your level 30 gear will get you through the first three or four levels in NY but otherwise yes, it's all pointless trash now

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, you can ignore that library entirely unless you plan on replaying a 0-30 agent for some reason. Even if you do, really, the L40 library is the only one worth investing time in.

You won't be recalibrating level 30 gear to take on WONY, you know?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wish I had gear that wasn't like some hand-me-down piecemeal hardwired/acosta's setup for technician. I took so long of a break I'd never farmed all the recalibration max rolls and talents so I'm just cruising around picking up poo poo that either has a new talent or an improvement on a stat.

On the other hand, throwing that goddamn hive into a crowd of baddies never gets old lol

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Psion posted:

You won't be recalibrating level 30 gear to take on WONY, you know?

Oh yeah I know, it's just that seeing a whole set of menus with Numbers That Can Go Up and not knowing whether or not to Make Numbers Go Up stresses me out.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what's the advantage of global difficulty "hard" vs. normal? the tooltips don't say you get any increased xp or loot

edit: also, it looks like the global modifiers were changed in TU11? or maybe are just different between NY and DC? I don't see something for not starting w/ armor kits in NY

pmchem fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 22, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh gently caress yes, adding transmogs is free and automatic at pickup. I just hope it's easy to get early game looks, I've always been a fan of the more low tech equipment look in both fantasy and sci-fi RPGs.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

pmchem posted:

what's the advantage of global difficulty "hard" vs. normal? the tooltips don't say you get any increased xp or loot

edit: also, it looks like the global modifiers were changed in TU11? or maybe are just different between NY and DC? I don't see something for not starting w/ armor kits in NY

Enemies are stronger. Gear does have better rolls but you can still get screwed depending on RNGsus. Also XP is increased because you're facing harder enemies.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

pmchem posted:

The armor kit and and skill cooldown directives were changed in the patch.

The difficulty says something about “better” loot I believe. Harder difficulties, besides having harder enemies, means a higher floor for potential stat rolls on gear. I don’t know the exact number but stat rolls on heroic for example will always be at least a 60% average or something.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Did final TU11 patch notes go up? I can't play until next week.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The subreddit has a post with the patch notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/iwzdan/the_division_2_title_update_11_patch_notes/

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Stupid question I suspect I know the answer to already: WoNY expansion on sale at EGS for half price, it'll just activate through UbiLauncher, correct?

(Watching some Div2 videos recently, and now I want to go from Cowboy Action to... well, getting me that levergun and going all Cowboy Tactical. :clint:

Also gently caress you Ubi - defaulting the max download speed to 5 MB/sec. Allowing me to set to 200 MB/sec (on a 600 MB/sec pipe. And then only feeding max 65 MB/sec.

Binary-trigger gimme AK is amusing, though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Summit mode is good, the pacing feels more refined compared to underground from D1 - the enemies seem to be less of a horde per section and more like you're running into a few smaller (like 10-15 enemies per team) teams per floor so you're getting into more compact fights as opposed to a long slog.

On the other hand, I've only played up to the 30th floor before needing to log in for work but I'm liking it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ygolonac posted:

Stupid question I suspect I know the answer to already: WoNY expansion on sale at EGS for half price, it'll just activate through UbiLauncher, correct?

(Watching some Div2 videos recently, and now I want to go from Cowboy Action to... well, getting me that levergun and going all Cowboy Tactical. :clint:

Also gently caress you Ubi - defaulting the max download speed to 5 MB/sec. Allowing me to set to 200 MB/sec (on a 600 MB/sec pipe. And then only feeding max 65 MB/sec.

If you own Division 2 through EGS, you buy the expansion through EGS. Otherwise you have to buy it through Uplay to get it properly added to your account.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

I’m actually not sure. I thought I read something about EGS versions being separate from other versions. Like if you bought the base version on the Ubisoft store and then bought the expansion on EGS they wouldn’t link together.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Man, that tanker mission got me really pumped with the badass industrial music and all until I got to the final boss arena and something I guess was supposed to be scary and impressive was just a static bugged block and now I can't proceed? Good times.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you own Division 2 through EGS, you buy the expansion through EGS. Otherwise you have to buy it through Uplay to get it properly added to your account.

Kibayasu posted:

I’m actually not sure. I thought I read something about EGS versions being separate from other versions. Like if you bought the base version on the Ubisoft store and then bought the expansion on EGS they wouldn’t link together.

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Think it was Mafia 3 or something that was like that, too - couldn't just get the DLC via Green man on sale, had to buy it at $list price via wherever I got the original game from.

If I piss away most of my UbiBux I can get like six bucks off, though, wheeee! :smithicide:

Late edit: Googling about, I'm finding reports that you can link your Ubi/Epic accounts and poo poo will work, but I suspect I can't just buy the expansion alone since I don't have the base game from EGS.

So, $20 instead of $15.

I'd pull the trigger, but from home because I have Shiternet wifi here at work, and game stuff is blocked on the desktop.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 22, 2020

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

This is the update of Armor on Kill apparently. New gear set gives armor on kill. New brand gives armor on kill. New named shotgun gives armor on kill. Stack everything up and it's just like the good old days of running Nomad builds in Division 1.

The Summit seems a little bland, just an endless chain of generic fights in generic rooms. The rotating objectives repeat very quickly, but I dunno if there's more variety as you get higher up.

Is there any free space in the main goon guild on PC? The guild I'm in is pretty much dead and now might be a good time to switch.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So, uh.. every time I go to the season menu it plays the new season briefing on a loop and I can't skip it and it never stops replaying

Anyone else have this issue because I can't find anyone else that is having it and i have to kill the game in the task manager to stop the loop

Edit: found a reddit thread on it apparently it's happening to more people than I initially thought

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 22, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Orange Carlisle posted:

So, uh.. every time I go to the season menu it plays the new season briefing on a loop and I can't skip it and it never stops replaying

Anyone else have this issue because I can't find anyone else that is having it and i have to kill the game in the task manager to stop the loop

Yeah pretty much everybody has this issue right now. You can't do anything about it except never look at the season menu or the manhunt tab on the map. They'll probably patch it tomorrow and break something else in the process.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Inferior posted:

This is the update of Armor on Kill apparently. New gear set gives armor on kill. New brand gives armor on kill. New named shotgun gives armor on kill. Stack everything up and it's just like the good old days of running Nomad builds in Division 1.

The Summit seems a little bland, just an endless chain of generic fights in generic rooms. The rotating objectives repeat very quickly, but I dunno if there's more variety as you get higher up.

Is there any free space in the main goon guild on PC? The guild I'm in is pretty much dead and now might be a good time to switch.

There's plenty of space in AHO, just throw your IGN here or on the discord to get an invite.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah pretty much everybody has this issue right now. You can't do anything about it except never look at the season menu or the manhunt tab on the map. They'll probably patch it tomorrow and break something else in the process.

Thanks for the info, we all knew something had to be broken right away

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Olds posted:

There's plenty of space in AHO, just throw your IGN here or on the discord to get an invite.
Awesome, I’m Ransomar on Uplay.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Man, that tanker mission got me really pumped with the badass industrial music and all until I got to the final boss arena and something I guess was supposed to be scary and impressive was just a static bugged block and now I can't proceed? Good times.

Yeah this mission is messed up right now, have to wait for a patch.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Inferior posted:

Awesome, I’m Ransomar on Uplay.

Invite sent.

octan3
Jul 10, 2004
DoNt dO DrUgs

Olds posted:

Would love an invite too if there's space -- Colourpulse on Uplay

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yeah this mission is messed up right now, have to wait for a patch.

That's a required mission for the Manhunt and League so they better patch that poo poo ASAP.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I did 10 floors of summit with another goon for a bit and it was pretty fun. It reminds me of underground, and it likes to spawn enemies from all angles. Some of the events are kinda fun- hacking SHD crates and having the goodies all pop out to help you is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

octan3 posted:

Would love an invite too if there's space -- Colourpulse on Uplay

I sent you an invite.