Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Demiurge4 posted:

I'm still missing a keepsake and I can't figure out from who. Did they add a character I haven't seen yet?

...yyeeeees? It's basically the reward for finishing the plot.

edit: also, please, if anyone knows how to use the trinket you get after the pom blossom, please let me know why it's good. It's cool that it exists, but it sure seems like a hell of a lot of effort for almost no payout.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Demiurge4 posted:

I'm still missing a keepsake and I can't figure out from who. Did they add a character I haven't seen yet?

If you mean the last one in the list, you have to beat the game 10 times to trigger the proper ending.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

If you mean the last one in the list, you have to beat the game 10 times to trigger the proper ending.

Oh ok, great. I'm only halfway there then.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Demiurge4 posted:

Oh ok, great. I'm only halfway there then.

And then there's one after that. And the story keeps progressing.

I love how there doesn't appear to be an end to the story when I'm several runs past the credits. Stuff keeps going even outside of the side quest type relationship building stuff.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Does god mode lock you out of anything? I am not so good at it, also kind of regret buying it on switch, those tiny buttons kind of suck for button mashing

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
God Mode doesn't lock you out of anything, I don't regret turning it on.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

The only difficulty that locks you out of something is Hell Mode, and it's just the ability to play with less than 5 heat. I'm glad the difficulty system is so modular and well designed, as both casual and h4rdc0re players can have fun the way they want. More studios should take the time to offer good levels of difficulty in their games.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, God Mode doesn't lock you out of using heats or anything so you can still get More Content. It's something I've been secretly praying for because all of the past Supergiant Games are too hard for me to enjoy and a lot of the cool poo poo was locked behind challenge modes I couldn't interact with in any useful way. I admit, I do wish I could 'lock in' what level of resistance it provides, I want to be able to push myself without triggering the boost further.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I think my only real problem with the difficulty right now is that there isn't a lot of difference between heat levels (e.g. heat levels 1/2/3 play very similarly and so on), but I still have to play every single one to get the rewards and if I lose on the final boss, I have to repeat the whole heat level before I can get titan bloods and diamonds again. On the other hand I can't really think of a better way to do it. :shrug:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I think my only real problem with the difficulty right now is that there isn't a lot of difference between heat levels (e.g. heat levels 1/2/3 play very similarly and so on), but I still have to play every single one to get the rewards and if I lose on the final boss, I have to repeat the whole heat level before I can get titan bloods and diamonds again. On the other hand I can't really think of a better way to do it. :shrug:
They could only give new rewards when you go up 2 heat instead of 1 (with rewards scaled appropriately to getting half as many). I think this would make the game better tbh.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Any advice about which hidden aspects should I unlock and invest in?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are bounty rewards always Blood/Diamond/Ambrosia/Blood?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Some pretty fun combo clears tonight. Aphrodite Areia was puttin' in work. Made the credits, and I like that you can look at the splash image from them whenever you like. Presenting:

Love Bomb and Doom Laser!

Crunk Spear and Heart Blaster! (I think the title's for hitting the NPC room in the first three biomes.)

And Smoochbow, with -75% the recommended engagement range of a standard Chiron bow!

I learned two things tonight. The first is that the advancing sword nova is a tremendously risky hammer upgrade when you've got extreme measures on for the Hydra fight.

The second is that when Hermes bets you can't beat Charon twice in a row, he means twice in a row from then on. Still got one more to go.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 23, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Are bounty rewards always Blood/Diamond/Ambrosia/Blood?

Yes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Did they change how much ambrosia NPCs take this patch? Up until now it only took 1, 1, 1 ambrosia to advance Than/Megaera but finishing Dusa's questline took 2-3-4 Ambrosia. That seems like way too much if they all take that much now! If it's a Dusa only thing then never mind.

Graniteman
Nov 16, 2002

Got my first clear on run 26. Zag fists and plume so thanks for that tip. Also sturdy and legendary aprhrodite punches so when I did get hit it was like 75% damage reduction.

In late Elysium I got the Demeter boon that drops a boon to rare then buffs it a rarity every 3 encounters. She picked Aprodites attack boon. Turns out those mini rooms in Styx each count as an encounter so I entered the last fight with Legendary Aph punches.

I also entered the fight with all three DD which was great because I had no idea what to expect from the second stage. I cleared the first stage without dying and thought holy poo poo that was amazing I won. Oh. another health bar Proceeded to eat poo poo on stage 2 as I learned the patterns and used up all three DD. Barely eked out the win.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

No Wave posted:

Did they change how much ambrosia NPCs take this patch? Up until now it only took 1, 1, 1 ambrosia to advance Than/Megaera but finishing Dusa's questline took 2-3-4 Ambrosia. That seems like way too much if they all take that much now! If it's a Dusa only thing then never mind.

It's a Dusa only thing. It's just for having a happy little Gorgon icon on the duster, so hold off if you're worried.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

It's a Dusa only thing. It's just for having a happy little Gorgon icon on the duster, so hold off if you're worried.

But that is the most important thing of all!!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Got my third win trivially last night with an Aphrodite call + infinite onhits + fast call gen fists build, I called down the meganuke like, four times during the last fight. Am I crazy or does every bow aspect bar hera blow? They seem incredibly, unspeakably awful until leveled up like hella. Bow just feels like a bad weapon out the box compared to everything else.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chiron level 5 is for me the best weapon in the game. It does need the levels tho. The hidden aspect is pretty ok at baseline but it takes some time to unlock. For absolute minimum investment Hera is probably the pick.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

No Wave posted:

Chiron level 5 is for me the best weapon in the game. It does need the levels tho. The hidden aspect is pretty ok at baseline but it takes some time to unlock. For absolute minimum investment Hera is probably the pick.

Yeah I was thinking in terms of level 1 usage to grind out bloods. Base bow is a piss weak weapon in general so you need all the help you can get. The powershot mechanic just doesn't work in a game as frantic as this one if you have to do sustained fire, it feels like, so the way Chiron erases your Special as an option means there's only one viable choice in the end until you have 15+ bloods to dump into upgrading Chiron.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 23, 2020

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hades: Boi of Dad

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Glazius posted:

I haven't gotten back to this on my new save, but from my early access one months ago doesn't she give them all back too at the end?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

YggiDee posted:

God Mode doesn't lock you out of anything, I don't regret turning it on.

I kind of not sure how I feel about it yet. God mode off, I couldnt defeat Meg, god mode on I blasted straight to Elysium.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Tried out the Pact that takes away Mirror upgrades starting from the bottom and WOW that hurts. I didn't bother getting an attack boon until Elysium since they were all white boons. Blizzard Shot was the winner of that run along with a +1 cast from Chaos.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

mikeraskol posted:

I haven't gotten back to this on my new save, but from my early access one months ago doesn't she give them all back too at the end?

I don't know why they would have changed that, so probably.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

blizzardvizard posted:

I died to the final boss three times last night, usually about 60-70% into the first phase. I know this is a vague question but like, any general tips? I usually die to the big 360 swing, do I need to time my dash to dodge it instead of trying to get out of its ramge, for example?

You can indeed dodge into it. The timing is a bit weird. You see a white outline of the circle, and then he does the spin about a full second later.

You can time it multiple ways. If you have several dashes, you can just start a chain of dashing as soon as you see the white outline and you will usually succeed in dodging it.

If you want to be precise and use a single dash, you will need to learn exactly how long it is between the white outline and the actual spin so you can time it more exactly.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kuros posted:

Tried out the Pact that takes away Mirror upgrades starting from the bottom and WOW that hurts. I didn't bother getting an attack boon until Elysium since they were all white boons. Blizzard Shot was the winner of that run along with a +1 cast from Chaos.

When I was doing that one for the all the pacts prophecy, I tried to force Exclusive Access. I actually got it in Asphodel, but I forget exactly what the build was otherwise.

ImpAtom posted:

But that is the most important thing of all!!

Yeah, their happy little icon game is pretty on-point.

Transient People posted:

Got my third win trivially last night with an Aphrodite call + infinite onhits + fast call gen fists build, I called down the meganuke like, four times during the last fight. Am I crazy or does every bow aspect bar hera blow? They seem incredibly, unspeakably awful until leveled up like hella. Bow just feels like a bad weapon out the box compared to everything else.

The distance playstyle doesn't click for some people - I've seen posters love the bow and, like you, hate the bow. I find that I pretty much need Greater Reflex to be able to create distance, but once I do, well, the bow is currently my highest-heat weapon. Next clear I'll get that useless trinket!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm giving Rama its first run today and oh boy does Zeus' Special boon play nicely with that thing

probably wouldn't be too great if you didn't get the right setup for it, though, given how slow its regular shot's windup is

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just got the 10th win (6ish streak :toot:) and credit roll. Good game, good song, good story-excuse for the game to keep going :v:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The rapidfire bow upgrade is absurdly good. Otherwise I quite like it, the dash powershot comes out pretty quickly and you don't have to be within bosses's attack ranges to hit them with it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ciaphas posted:

Just got the 10th win (6ish streak :toot:) and credit roll. Good game, good song, good story-excuse for the game to keep going :v:

Yeah, there was a conversation to pretty much the same effect when they set the Pact of Punishment in its current form, back in Early Access. I think you'll still get it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Am I right in thinking Stygian soul is actually busted? The crystals never drop from enemies they're lodged in so you get boiling blood bonuses forever off of a single cast? Or do they disappear eventually?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

No Wave posted:

Am I right in thinking Stygian soul is actually busted? The crystals never drop from enemies they're lodged in so you get boiling blood bonuses forever off of a single cast? Or do they disappear eventually?

They disappear after the normal amount of "drop time". Boons that would accelerate drop time accelerate cast recharge instead.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

That said though, Stygian Soul is quite good given how flexible it lets you be with room positioning. I use it most of the time, but there are aspects where you still obviously want multiple casts.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Is using a Greater Call in a challenge room against the god that gave it to you (the one that gives you an achievement) supposed to have some kind of drawback or backfire? I just got a new voice line from the god and then it went off as expected.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Codeacious posted:

That said though, Stygian Soul is quite good given how flexible it lets you be with room positioning. I use it most of the time, but there are aspects where you still obviously want multiple casts.

Yeah, any of the "cast aspects" - Poseidon, Achilles, Hera, and Beowulf - definitely benefit from three bloodstones for burst damage.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Dionysus when you pick the other God for a trial: "What the hell man, I thought we were bros!" lol

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Is using a Greater Call in a challenge room against the god that gave it to you (the one that gives you an achievement) supposed to have some kind of drawback or backfire? I just got a new voice line from the god and then it went off as expected.

Nah it's just a funny little easter egg they wanted to show off as a cheevo. Firing off smaller calls has Zag bark out an awkward 'sorry!'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
As a player with not that much blood yet, which aspects are fun/great with just one level vs which ones need to be maxed out to really shine?
I did a cast build with the Poseidon sword and it was pretty fun, but I'm not sure what else would be good to unlock.

No Wave posted:

Even if there was an upgrade saying "your blood crystals stick in enemies forever" it wouldn't be that good.
The limited duration only really comes up against bosses and it's easy enough to just throw another one every so often, especially if you're out of melee range and have nothing better to do.