Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd love to see in a future film Fury goes "I let Coulson and his team handle Shield these days, they can take care of whatever comes across their way. I'm more worried about what's out there, and Sword will help me with that".

I still cannot get over what a brilliant move it was to make the Skrulls the good guys in the MCU. The Kree aren't exactly evil, but they're basically America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

Well with the Scarlet Witch it was only natural it would become a 'Sword & Sorcery' series.

Booooo

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

:suicide:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/hbomaxpr/status/1308805976338956288?s=10

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

It's like they saw that Moon Knight meme page (that spawned a Peacemaker meme page) and decided to make that into a movie.

I love it!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm here for this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Today in unsurprising news: Eternals has been delayed again, to November 5, 2021.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
A whole loving year lmao

E: the other two dates

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status/1308815616447361025?s=19

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, they already pushed it to February, and even if the pandemic magically vanished by then they have to put Black Widow somewhere (because it's not happening this year, lmao) so I get it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, what the gently caress, Shang-Chi is suddenly before Eternals? That's... weird. Last I heard they were still trying to shoot that with covid precautions, but Eternals already wrapped, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supposedly there's confirmation that two characters from Black Widow are indeed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the show won't drop until after the film now for sure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Supposedly there's confirmation that two characters from Black Widow are indeed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the show won't drop until after the film now for sure.

Goddamnit, give me SamCap already :argh:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

good chance this is true, but source?

anyway, Loki has reportedly resumed production so decent chance that's still coming early next year, at least

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Goddamnit, give me SamCap already :argh:
Yeah i was looking forward to that series

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barry Convex posted:

good chance this is true, but source?

anyway, Loki has reportedly resumed production so decent chance that's still coming early next year, at least

Very reliable guy on FB, he has yet to be wrong.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mulan probably did terribly on Disney+ so Disney is taking that as it's not worth putting any other new features on there.

Though I think that it is more likely that 30bux was too much, and there isn't as much interest in the love action remakes as Disney thinks.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Apparently Mamoa's support of Ray caught not only WB off guard, but also his own team
https://twitter.com/UberKryptonian/status/1308890346068246528?s=20

In Snyder Cut news, Zack is getting the whole crew back together for additional shoots

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1308888694875729920?s=20

As an interesting sidenote: All the stories about how Zack had gotten some 30 million to "finish" the incomplete Snyder cut were inaccurate. As it turns out, His old "cut" at 214 minutes was practically finished with some vfx missing, that extra money was for Zack to shoot scenes that for some reason or another he didn't plan or wasn't allowed to include in his planned theatrical release.

Basically, it seems he's getting the opportunity to actually make the film he wanted to begin with, before he got reigned in by the WB execs who got cold feet from the divisive BvS reviews.

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/1308901978425229317?s=20

Edit:

Forgot about this one too

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1308401518756929539?s=20

250 000 raised for Suicide prevention. Not too shabby

McCloud fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 24, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That sentence starting with "Snyder Cut fans" ended way better than I thought it would.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I've seen many films prior to release, and it is extremely rare to have complete vfx six months before - as in, I've never seen it ever. I understand JL had a different kind of production, but I am very suprised to hear that it was mostly complete.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Karloff posted:

I've seen many films prior to release, and it is extremely rare to have complete vfx six months before - as in, I've never seen it ever. I understand JL had a different kind of production, but I am very suprised to hear that it was mostly complete.

The VFX are what wasn't done. That means he was most likely already at picture lock though. Which I'm surprised about because it contradicts all the talk of it being an assembly cut before.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WB paying $30 million to finish a cut that they all hated to bilk some Twitter crazies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vince MechMahon posted:

The VFX are what wasn't done. That means he was most likely already at picture lock though. Which I'm surprised about because it contradicts all the talk of it being an assembly cut before.

"Picture lock" is an extremely nebulous term even within the industry. JL was apparently at picture lock, but all that means is that there was some informal non-binding agreement somewhere that "okay, we'll stop loving with the edits now" that probably got violated anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Arist posted:

"Picture lock" is an extremely nebulous term even within the industry. JL was apparently at picture lock, but all that means is that there was some informal non-binding agreement somewhere that "okay, we'll stop loving with the edits now" that probably got violated anyway.

Yeah I'm using it as a way of saying "they knew mostly what takes they were using at least, so the VFX guys could have maybe started but who knows if they did."

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

The only people talking about it being an "assembly cut" where people with no actual insight into the production and were pulling things straight out their rear end. The ones that were involved with the film all said the thing was "basically done", up to and including the director himself.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If there was still tons of unfinished VFX then the movie wasn't "basically done." It's not even "basically done" now, considering they're doing reshoots.

And the reason people were saying it was an assembly cut is because there was a zero percent chance WB was going to release a 3 1/2 hour movie into theaters especially after BvS failed to do the gangbusters they wanted.

You're acting like Snyder didn't have any stake in embellishing here and stating that "the movie's finished!" even if it still needed more time, which he plainly did. He got to galvanize the fanbase around it and also get an ego boost, which hey, I get.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

McCloud posted:

The ones that were involved with the film all said the thing was "basically done", up to and including the director himself.
...Which ended up being a bald-faced lie, considering that the film is being worked on even now, four months after the announcement, up to and including outright shooting more scenes, and won't be finished until some indeterminate time next year. Yeah, "basically done."

e: oof, beaten

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They're reshooting to insert Superman giving the entire John Galt speech.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Arist posted:

If there was still tons of unfinished VFX then the movie wasn't "basically done." It's not even "basically done" now, considering they're doing reshoots.

This is quibbling about semantics, but the previz and color grading was all done,, and so was a good chunk of the VFX. We know that a lot of the vfx was done because we've seen released images that shows this. The audio score was probably the most incomplete part of the cut. Either way you cut it (heh) that's mostly done.

The argument about the Snyder Cut has gone from "Oh it doesn't exist" to "There was just an assembly cut with no effects done at all) to "Ok so there was a cut, but all the vfx was missing".

BrianWilly posted:

...Which ended up being a bald-faced lie, considering that the film is being worked on even now, four months after the announcement, up to and including outright shooting more scenes, and won't be finished until some indeterminate time next year. Yeah, "basically done."

e: oof, beaten

As much as you want that to be true Brian, it simply isn't. First of all, Restarting the production, getting in touch with all the postproduction houses, checking in to see if said houses still have they still had the assets they were working on (most did, but not all, which means some assets need to be redone) and they had to redo Steppenwolf entirely, which all takes time in the best of times, never mind that they didn't have time to get that started before the pandemic hit.

Second, regarding the new scenes being shot, if you bothered to read my post or check the tweets I linked.

McCloud posted:

As an interesting sidenote: All the stories about how Zack had gotten some 30 million to "finish" the incomplete Snyder cut were inaccurate. As it turns out, His old "cut" at 214 minutes was practically finished with some vfx missing, that extra money was for Zack to shoot scenes that for some reason or another he didn't plan or wasn't allowed to include in his planned theatrical release.

Basically, it seems he's getting the opportunity to actually make the film he wanted to begin with, before he got reigned in by the WB execs who got cold feet from the divisive BvS reviews.

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/1308902299801210880?s=20

you'd see these aren't reshoots, they're shooting entirely new scenes, there's a big difference there. The "Snyder Cut" is what was intended to have a theatrical release, but the ZSJL is building on that and creating new footage that wasn't going to be included in the SC, and that's only possible because HBO gave him a blank check.

Or you can keep believing the conspiracy theory that he was lying all this time, and that everyone who confirmed the cut was real were co-conspirators that fed the flames to own the libs detractors on twitter or whatever.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lost my poo poo at "I know you want that to be true, Brian, but it isn't," and stopped reading after I finished laughing. Assuming the rest of the post is as condescending and dumb, 10/10.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I thought this thread we were going to cut back on the passive-aggressive sniping-at-people-who-like-Snyder-films thing

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/alexdnz/status/1309276986855096321?s=21

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

I thought this thread we were going to cut back on the passive-aggressive sniping-at-people-who-like-Snyder-films thing

I don't see any passive aggression.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Martin Scorsese stays winning.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shirkelton posted:

Just now realizing you're Dan Didio and not a completely new poster with the same avatar.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Shirkelton posted:

the Russo Bros' mom never painted one dog lookin' this way the other dog lookin' the other way and a guy who's like "whaddaya want from me", that's for certain

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

uh excuse me New Mutants came out this year Bob

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I see my initial reaction to any Bob tweet is still 'shut up Bob.' So that's nice.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So uh, Diane Nelson just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/dewnelson1/status/1309307157276364802?s=19

Which seems significant to me

Edit: They are responding to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/atticusxprime/status/1309272609243246592?s=20

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I honestly have a sneaking suspicion we're going to need to take talk of Johns to the Industry Terribleness Thread soon. Not now, of course, but that makes me think something's about to blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If that's the better place for that kind of post, sure. I was debating whether posting here or there since GJ isn't technically involved with DC movies anymore anyway