Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

"We gathered a list of the worst posters, and lowtax banned them all at once" or something like that. I remember "banned them all at once" strongly. It ruled. Knowing what I know now, I bet lowtax came out of nowhere and found a thread listing troublesome posters and banned them without talking to anyone. My favorite part is it included Ruddha, one of the funniest posters ever imo.

Maybe when you get the site you could undo a few bans/permas? Not for genuine arseholes, but for a few actually funny posters that might entice Ruddha and others like them to return as well.. Whether they actually return or not is down to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think this did the opposite to the cat....

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
https://twitter.com/SarahCAndersen/status/1308776127805128705

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:hmmyes:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

why are there fires in heaven?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

ChubbyChecker posted:

Cats need warm

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sleeveless posted:

People being super performative about constantly loving and posting cat pics was one of the worst things about old internet. Like as much as people make fun of epic bacon people the epic catte picture people were way more widespread and also way more self-righteous because if you ever said anything other than effusive praise about their posting it means you're only doing so because you're a cat-hating monster.

It was basically the exact same school of dysfunction as the modern Qanon people who think that anyone that challenges their conspiracy theories only does so because they're a adrenochrome-chugging child molester, only with a slightly lower body count.

I was agreeing with this until it turned into a Qanon thing??

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thank you. I was really starting to feel my internet humor age there.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

A few good owns in the last 24 hours, so I rounded up.

I'll probate you lot with cute cat pictures later this week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm just sorry I don't have it in me to raise money for worthwhile charities by being a joyless hateful schmuck

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

there's joy in dunking on guy mann, friend

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm just sorry I don't have it in me to raise money for worthwhile charities by being a joyless hateful schmuck

Do it for the cat pic then.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Hygiene posted:

You can own me if you want :nyan:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Between this and the new Star Wars IK, rip to everyone who will surely be unjustly perma’d for their long comedy rapsheets

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh I'll dump on joyless hateful schmucks all day long, I just won't throw myself into the fire to be one even if it raises money.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh I'll dump on joyless hateful schmucks all day long, I just won't throw myself into the fire to be one even if it raises money.

You can't call your post art if you're not willing to suffer for it. :colbert:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Between this and the new Star Wars IK, rip to everyone who will surely be unjustly perma’d for their long comedy rapsheets

Consider the actions of said IK, it will be just.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wait so you've just been doing it for nothing?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

A few good owns in the last 24 hours, so I rounded up.

I'll probate you lot with cute cat pictures later this week.

Good mod !

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

sourdough posted:

Good mod !

Mood, God!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's okay, I can't be a joyless hateful schmuck either

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

ChubbyChecker posted:

We get the heaven we deserve, which is why we're all posting on the same forum Guy Mann is.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Keru posted:

We get the heaven we deserve, which is why we're all posting on the same forum Guy Mann is.

:negative:

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Since this is the sagas thread, anyone care to explain what the deal with Guy Mann is? I guess I'm not fully up to date on my "lovely poster's rereg getting poo poo on" records.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shawon Dunston posted:

Since this is the sagas thread, anyone care to explain what the deal with Guy Mann is? I guess I'm not fully up to date on my "lovely poster's rereg getting poo poo on" records.

There's no actual saga, he's just a boring guy who sucks and rereged to continue being that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Shawon Dunston posted:

First account "Of Science!", second account "Guy Mann", third account "Sleeveless". Originally just a bad-take generator who sometimes have good points hidden behind an abrasive surface, now seems to be just writing many words to rile people up / bore people for trolling purposes to show off to their discord expat partner. Currently mod-sanctioned to be a group bullying target on the Internet.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Shawon Dunston posted:

my first experience with him was him kramering into the estranged parents thread yelling at everyone that they were horrible selfish brats for rubbernecking at some of the truly insane posts on a forum for said parents (usually looking for people to reaffirm that they did nothing wrong and their sweet obedient child was brainwashed into being a heartless monster, instead of coming to terms with that their adult children’s lives no longer revolve around them). then when bobbie was demodded he kramered back in for it to be closed because it was her “pet project” (it was not).

anyways further spottings of him in the wild have not changed my opinion, like when he compared being called guy mann as the same thing as deadnaming a trans person.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Didn't he troll the funny pictures thread by posting things that were more a sensible chuckle?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

why do people use words like "kramering"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

ChubbyChecker posted:

because we're old and have fond memories of Kramer vs. Kramer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Len posted:

Didn't he troll the funny pictures thread by posting things that were more a sensible chuckle?

One of the first things I did as a mod a long time ago was to search my username in the reports forum. The only notable things I remember were a few reports for posting about things that made me happy in the "bitch about things that make you mad" thread in pyf

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ChubbyChecker posted:

Because they're too inland to sealion into threads

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

ChubbyChecker posted:

Seinfeld was a cultural touchstone.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Some Goon posted:

Seinfeld was a cultural touchstone.

yeah, for boomers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And Gen X, and older Millenials.

Not every last thing you don't like is the fault of boomers.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

ok boomer

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Reruns you watch because basic cable only goes up to Fox News on channel 24 and all new shows on the local networks in the 90s blow.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

First account "Of Science!", second account "Guy Mann", third account "Sleeveless". Originally just a bad-take generator who sometimes have good points hidden behind an abrasive surface, now seems to be just writing many words to rile people up / bore people for trolling purposes to show off to their discord expat partner. Currently mod-sanctioned to be a group bullying target on the Internet.

Years ago I was bummed when I noticed Of Science! stopped posting, though that may have partially been because their av kicked rear end. I kind of laughed when I found out later that they were the same person that pissed me off so bad I made myself stop visiting the forums for six months because it had me realize I was getting way too invested in online stuff. I’ve since kind of come around on them, when they’re not just trolling they can still abrasively have some good points and I always like when someone has that 3 olives/Irish Joe/iluvlortab thing going on where the whole community comes together in mutual antipathy for a poster.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Younger people than that, too. It was insanely popular and lived on in reruns forever. Though it may be harder to get into for young people now that smartphones and all that are ubiquitous, it has so many arguments that would be ended by google in like ten seconds.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Len posted:

You're thinking of a different guy: Guy Goodbody. He was posting things other posters deemed "mildly interesting" at best, and it got to the point where some were bothered enough by it to create a "PYF Mildly Interesting Pictures" thread to try to contain it. It was either one of the most effective trolls targeting the highly specific PYF instinct for Coldly Compiled Lists, or maybe it was sincere and humor is subjective? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Splash Attack posted:

anyways further spottings of him in the wild have not changed my opinion, like when he compared being called guy mann as the same thing as deadnaming a trans person.

Unless i misread a post, he also compared being furry to being trans (in a "trapped in the wrong body" sense) in the previous sagas thread, but that was right before everything exploding re: KM, so it just slid right under the radar.