Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wombat wombat,
So deadly in combat,
So brave and so handsome,
So fierce and so free.

Your enemies fear you,
They dare not come near you,
No matter how evil, or cunning they be.

Post your favourite marsupial, and write a poem about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:wom:bat

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Little fella looks like he just hit the blunt. :rznv:

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
highly jealous of cubic wombat poo right now

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He looks like he's dying and it hurts

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

He looks like he's dying and it hurts

Well he's in Australia, so...

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Mortal wombaaaaaaat

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Cubic poo is best poo. You could stack that poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Your poison wombat is crowding heaven

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

They are very aggressive.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

When a dingo chases a wombat into a burrow and sticks his head in after, the wombat will back up and use its giant butt to squash the dingo head against the top of the burrow and break its skull. :black101:

https://i.imgur.com/Yru0e5b.mp4

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Sep 26, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A variant of the wombat the size of a small car existed less than 50,000 years ago and was likely wiped out by mankind.

Had it still existed, I can only assume we would have covered it with armour and rode it into battle during WW1.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thanks for the wombat, op. big fan

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mentally the wombat looks like he speaks in a Scottish accent this is what I thought he might say

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Ggu3

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
at a wildlife park i met a baby wombat named tonka. his handlers said he was very affectionate and playful, like a puppy, but they had to wear a makeshift suit of basically leather armour every time they went into his enclosure, because the way baby wombats play is full-body tackling and even though he was tiny it was like being rammed by a joyful cinderblock. when i met him he was fast asleep on his back with his little legs in the air

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

also, a wombat's rear end? rock hard. they have like this plate on their rear end, i don't think it's bone, just muscle, but it's so incredibly hard and strong it feels like bone. they're famous for crushing foxes and dingoes to death against the roof of their burrows if they try to chase them down there, and the rear end plate is what they use to do it with. (i've touched a wombat's rear end.)

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

wombats own

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've read that wombats have incredibly soft asses and never do anything with them but can't remember where I may have heard anything about a wombats rear end killing dingos or some such hmm

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Big Beef City posted:

I've read that wombats have incredibly soft asses and never do anything with them but can't remember where I may have heard anything about a wombats rear end killing dingos or some such hmm

You read badly.

A wombat's arse is both it's weapon and protector.

Although, whilst they can use their arse to crush a dingo's skull, they more often just use it to block off the entrance to their burrows by wedging it so predators can't get in.

A wombat only harms when it has to.

This particular wombat is named Fatso, and the statue of him is to officially honour all the volunteers at the Sydney Olympics.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

wombats are powerful, but honourable

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MikeJF posted:

A variant of the wombat the size of a small car existed less than 50,000 years ago and was likely wiped out by mankind.

Had it still existed, I can only assume we would have covered it with armour and rode it into battle during WW1.

A combat wombat, if you will

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

The Platypus swims
Sinusoidal perfection
Echolocating

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dat wombat rear end

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

chaosbreather posted:

The Platypus swims
Sinusoidal perfection
Echolocating

New Radiohead single lookin good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

1redflag posted:

Dat wombat rear end

What about it?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wombat combat rear end

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

“Chimera!” cry Brits
“Duck-beaver-otter-bird-thing!”
Pale imitators.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Platypus venom:
A drop for a season of pain
All nerves on fire

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I have been summoned, I love wombats.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

fauna posted:

(i've touched a wombat's rear end.)

Then you are blessed, amen

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I saw a dude on the internet knock on a wombat's rear end and it sounded like wood.

Also we have a million groundhogs(woodchucks?) in Toledo Ohio and a friend from New Zealand called one a wombat so now I exclusively refer to them as wombats (even though they are inferior)

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I asked the Aussie thread to mail.me a Wombat but made little headway or progress.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

BrigadierSensible posted:

You read badly.

A wombat's arse is both it's weapon and protector.

Although, whilst they can use their arse to crush a dingo's skull, they more often just use it to block off the entrance to their burrows by wedging it so predators can't get in.

A wombat only harms when it has to.

This particular wombat is named Fatso, and the statue of him is to officially honour all the volunteers at the Sydney Olympics.

Could it be you’re craving my Mcnuggies?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W20yLlaehGM

Wombat (man)
Wombat (man)
Does the things that wombats do
rear end of steel
Dingos’ screwed
Squares of poo
It is true
Hey there
Here comes the wombat (man)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"'Now, sir,' cried the Captain, striding into the great cabin, a tall, imposing figure. 'Now, sir,' - addressing the wombat, one of the numerous body of marsupials brought into the ship by her surgeon, a natural philosopher - 'give it up directly, d'ye hear me, there?'
The wombat stared him straight in the eye, drew a length of gold lace from its mouth, and then deliberately sucked it in again.
'Pass the word for Dr Maturin,' said the Captain, looking angrily at the wombat: and a moment later, 'Come now, Stephen, this is coming it pretty high: your brute is eating my hat.'
'So he is, too,' said Dr Maturin. 'But do not be so perturbed, Jack; it will do him no harm, at all. His digestive processes -, "

from The Fortune of War, by Patrick O'Brian

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"'Now, sir,' cried the Captain, striding into the great cabin, a tall, imposing figure. 'Now, sir,' - addressing the wombat, one of the numerous body of marsupials brought into the ship by her surgeon, a natural philosopher - 'give it up directly, d'ye hear me, there?'
The wombat stared him straight in the eye, drew a length of gold lace from its mouth, and then deliberately sucked it in again.
'Pass the word for Dr Maturin,' said the Captain, looking angrily at the wombat: and a moment later, 'Come now, Stephen, this is coming it pretty high: your brute is eating my hat.'
'So he is, too,' said Dr Maturin. 'But do not be so perturbed, Jack; it will do him no harm, at all. His digestive processes -, "

from The Fortune of War, by Patrick O'Brian

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what's this I've heard about dingos crushing the asses of wombats and then eating their asses once they get into the burrows?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

what's this I've heard about dingos crushing the asses of wombats and then eating their asses once they get into the burrows?

Other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah, it goes in reverse in the southern hemisphere. Instead of eating rear end the rear end eats you.