Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fresh air. It’s really nice outside today so I skipped lunch and took the mutts for a walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I had chicken broth, a serving of milk, and three sips of Glucerna. I've got an ulcer and am working my way out of a doctor-prescribed 40-hour clear liquid diet. Tomorrow I hope to have some sauce-less pasta noodles for lunch without wanting to die!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Burg and fries. No idea why I went bacon instead of another patty. I already know I don't like their bacon. Why must I hurt myself this way.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dynastocles posted:

I had chicken broth, a serving of milk, and three sips of Glucerna. I've got an ulcer and am working my way out of a doctor-prescribed 40-hour clear liquid diet. Tomorrow I hope to have some sauce-less pasta noodles for lunch without wanting to die!

drat. I've never felt the pain of an ulcer although I do have horrible stomach pains. I hope your diet gets better so you can post much lunches! :yum:

I ordered an al pastor burrito with some of the pineapple added that sits on top of the spit. Also a standard ground beef taco. But I have to wait 30 minutes for it. :(

This place is my favorite in the city. It's a tiny corner store and when they first opened it'd take 15 minutes to get my 'rito. Now it takes calling at least twice to get a hold of someone and now I have to wait 30 minutes. :( 15 more to go.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Supermarket sushi. Terrible. Just doused in red pepper salt for some reason. Ate two pieces and threw it out.

Gonna eat BIG for dinner. :getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's one company that seems to have the market on all grocery store sushi around here. It's not terrible but there's a certain taste to it I just don't like. At least they roll it there in front of you. But it's $5 on Wednesdays so that's something.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

There's one company that seems to have the market on all grocery store sushi around here. It's not terrible but there's a certain taste to it I just don't like. At least they roll it there in front of you. But it's $5 on Wednesdays so that's something.

If it's the same one up here (they do the $5 Weds too) it's because they put that sweet mayo sriracha goop on every goddamn thing.
I hate that crap. Just make me something normal.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Counterintuitively, I find supermarket sushi to be much better if taken out of the fridge and set out for about 30 minutes - this will let the rice warm up a bit and not be as much of that lovely gritty texture you get from eating it straight out of refrigeration

I've had leftover spicy egg and shrimp fried rice for the last few days, it looked like this when I made it on Wednesday night for dinner

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

a bunch of Trader Joe's chicken gyoza cooked potsticker style

I love them because if I pig the gently caress out and eat the whole bag it's still only like 600 calories somehow

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Just eat rear end for lunch cowards.

In that note I had some rear end.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

in an ode to american gluttony as well as being inspired by the reuben pizzas in the pizza thread, I've decided to go for it.

I peeled, diced, and blanched several baking potatoes.
I caramelized 1 very large spanish onion.
I chopped up approximately 1/2 lb of sliced corned beef (intended for sandwiches)
a little less than 2 cups of strained and drained sauerkraut

I have mixed these things together with several good dollops of thousand island dressing, and a handful of shredded swiss cheese.
Poured it into a casserole dish, and then covered it with more swiss cheese.

...I intend to bake a reuben potato casserole.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

in an ode to american gluttony as well as being inspired by the reuben pizzas in the pizza thread, I've decided to go for it.

I peeled, diced, and blanched several baking potatoes.
I caramelized 1 very large spanish onion.
I chopped up approximately 1/2 lb of sliced corned beef (intended for sandwiches)
a little less than 2 cups of strained and drained sauerkraut

I have mixed these things together with several good dollops of thousand island dressing, and a handful of shredded swiss cheese.
Poured it into a casserole dish, and then covered it with more swiss cheese.

...I intend to bake a reuben potato casserole.

John Reuben (inventor of the Reuben) would be proud. :staredog:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
balogna sandwich but this time with brown honey mustard :thumbsup:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
BLT

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

John Reuben (inventor of the Reuben) would be proud. :staredog:

I have an update on this btw!

It turned out wonderfully. Think...slightly sloppy scalloped potatoes (not from the liquids but from the rough cut potatoes) but with the flavors you'd expect from the recipe. The one problem is that I did not blanch/parboil the potatoes just quite long enough. They ARE cooked. They're at that stage of potato'i'ness where it's clear that they're 'done' but not quite soft enough to mash, and I wish that they were. Because I'd like to easily mash them to sop up the juices of this. That's my only regret.

I will TOTALLY do this again. It was awesome.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd eat the poo poo out of that.

I didn't eat all day again and went to my friends and drank and ordered Dominoes. Just a pepperoni pizza and anemic wings. But it was like $15 which is crazy. One of my favorite places here is like $30 for pizza and wings. Albeit far better.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
leftover frozen pizza and a piece of string cheese :chloe:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
No real lunch today but getting Jersey Mike’s for dinner

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Some brunswick canned herring on wasa crackers with a buncha hot sauce. Ate a couple pickles an hour later. Living the dream.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The other day I was playing hit video game Judgment from company SEGA and one of the girls you can date in the game cooked some Japanese curry but made it using dashi and mirin "to give it a more authentic Japanese flavor," so she says. I remembered that I had made some dashi stock and frozen it a couple months ago and had the stuff to make it so I improvised her recipe by taking the recommended 2 1/4 cups water and subsituting 1 1/4 cup awase dashi broth and 1 cup of water, and I cooked the chicken and shallots together with a tablespoon of mirin, some garlic salt and some pepper. It turned out real good and the dashi makes the sauce very meaty and fragrant

I did cut up too many potatoes but I only had like 3/4 lb. of chicken so it balances out I guess

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I ordered a pepperoni and garlic pizza during halftime of the Packer game yesterday and it took about 2.5 hours so I got it at 11:30pm. I still ate a bunch of it but I drunkenly left it out on the counter overnight. I woke up and threw it in the fridge so I hope it's still ok. I'm probably going to eat it anyway.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah it's fine

i had a blt, hardboiled egg, pickle and an apple

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I had chutoro lasagna

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

something from subbers

thinking cold cut combo...or MEATBALLS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
grek salid

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
tried the Thanksgiving sandwich from Which Wich. pretttty good, didn't realize they have it year round now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
leftover gochujang chicken, pulled & turned into a chicken salad with more gochujang and mayo, celery, onion, and green onion over a bed of butter lettuce and arugula from my garden!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
two (2) bologna sangwiches- bread. cheese. balogna. mayo mustard

also a bag of which wich house chips i didn't eat yesterday. good rear end chips imo

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Stew that's been in the fridge for a couple days to get really tender and absorb the flavour is loving delicious.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

I have an update on this btw!

It turned out wonderfully. Think...slightly sloppy scalloped potatoes (not from the liquids but from the rough cut potatoes) but with the flavors you'd expect from the recipe. The one problem is that I did not blanch/parboil the potatoes just quite long enough. They ARE cooked. They're at that stage of potato'i'ness where it's clear that they're 'done' but not quite soft enough to mash, and I wish that they were. Because I'd like to easily mash them to sop up the juices of this. That's my only regret.

I will TOTALLY do this again. It was awesome.

There’s gotta be some beef and cabbage Irish dish that’s similar to this, no idea what it’s called tho. :shrug:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
the name of the current day ends in '-day', therefore i had another BLT

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
chicken wrap. crispy chicken tenders air fried, iceberg lettuce, frank's hot sauce, bleu cheese on an EXTRA GRANDE™ tortilla

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ham, turkey, bacon, avocado, cheddar, sourdough + fixins

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
About 10 pepperoni pizza Combos, two bites of a Tabasco Slim Jim, about 5 horseradish cheese curds, and opening a Milwaukee's Best Ice.

Gringo Mystique
Aug 28, 2000

Law should be like death, which spares no one.
Homemade minestrone soup

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

TheAardvark posted:

two (2) bologna sangwiches- bread. cheese. balogna. mayo mustard

also a bag of which wich house chips i didn't eat yesterday. good rear end chips imo

The people must know -

Is it Bar-S Balogna?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Stew that's been in the fridge for a couple days to get really tender and absorb the flavour is loving delicious.

I had this again today and it's still just as good. gently caress yeah.

I'm getting a bit of a cold, so it was especially soothing. If I have COVID-19, I'm happy that this was the last meal I'll eat.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Derpies posted:

The people must know -

Is it Bar-S Balogna?

god no, i'd rather eat a store brand kraft singles sandwich if i was ever that broke

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

TheAardvark posted:

god no, i'd rather eat a store brand kraft singles sandwich if i was ever that broke

Good now we know you can't be bought off with cheap meats.

In other news I had rear end again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wendy's: grilled chicken sandwich (really dry today wtf), jr cheeseburger deluxe add mustard, 6 piece spicy bugs w/ sweet and sour