Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1310628020475039745?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro

I mean, I feel like donating the presidential salary would be a less worthless gesture if it weren't for the ~$140,000,000 that taxpayers have spent on his golf trips.

...still pretty worthless, mind.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Althalin posted:

I mean, I feel like donating the presidential salary would be a less worthless gesture if it weren't for the ~$140,000,000 that taxpayers have spent on his golf trips.

...still pretty worthless, mind.

Also the probably millions we've spent protecting his adult children traveling around.

Trollking
Sep 9, 2000

Pillbug

Knot My President! posted:

lol

what's the name of that upside-down-lip-smile thing that rich fucks always do? The one where they're constantly fighting the urge to say "oh look, honey, a negro! how dreadful"

Eric’s got more gum than Violet Beauregard

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro

Groovelord Neato posted:

Also the probably millions we've spent protecting his adult children traveling around.

:hmmyes:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I said come in! posted:

"Socially liberal, but fiscally conservative" always gets a laugh out of me. You can't be both of those things at once, they conflict with one another.

they are republicans lol

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Truly we live in interesting times

When I say this canned phrase it's code for "I hate this and I want to die"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

As if he has friends.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Imagine looking like Charlie Kirk, and thinking you are part of the master race.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eric Trump stole from a charity for children with cancer.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I said come in! posted:

Imagine looking like Charlie Kirk, and thinking you are part of the master race.

having an ever swelling brain doesn't do good things to cognition.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

I said come in! posted:

if i looked like that id hate everything too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In Charlie Kirk's book he describes people chanting "Charlie Kirk is a jerk" as "alliteration".

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This US presidency season's finale is really over the top.

And to think there's still one month worth of lols ahead.

It's crazy to think the lols can somehow increase from here, but November 4th thru January 20th are going to be stratospheric.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/realGulDukat/status/1310659967901413376?s=20

best twitter

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Groovelord Neato posted:

In Charlie Kirk's book he describes people chanting "Charlie Kirk is a jerk" as "alliteration".
assonance.
they're utilizing assonance.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If Parscale was taken to the hospital downtown, in true American fashion there's a McDonalds in there so there's a chance Donny might pay him a visit.

To zero surprise this rear end in a top hat lives a few streets over from Roger Stone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

InsertPotPun posted:

assonance.

Kirk is a great advertisement for why you should go to college.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

assonance.

it's neither lol unless that's the joke you're making

it just rhymes

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Groovelord Neato posted:

Kirk is a great advertisement for why you should go to college.
in the movie "action jackson" craig t nelson taunts action jackson by saying "what was the name again? oh yeah: it rhymes, 'action' jackson'"
it does not rhyme. it utilizes assonance.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Charlie does the same thing Eric Trump does in the op-ed he wrote where he tries to sound smart but actually makes himself sound even dumber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLDhdkKk9M

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1310703761669656578?s=20

Trunl will be winning election night, supreme court will order states to stop counting, chaos ensues

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This US presidency season's finale is really over the top.

And to think there's still one month worth of lols ahead.

You're forgetting too that this is the last season of the United States of America.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
biden is gonna be winning by such a landslide in mail in counts that it's gonna look more like cheating that rules

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

in the movie "action jackson" craig t nelson taunts action jackson by saying "what was the name again? oh yeah: it rhymes, 'action' jackson'"
it does not rhyme. it utilizes assonance.

I'm sorry to say but those two examples are not the same, kirk/jerk is a rhyme whereas, you are correct, action/jackson is not

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

biden is gonna be winning by such a landslide in mail in counts that it's gonna look more like cheating that rules

What worries me is, how likely is Trump going to be able to convince the electoral college officials to side with him and ignore the popular vote? Biden getting the popular vote for a state does not mean he wins the electoral college for that state, electoral college officials at least in some states, are not legally obligated to follow the popular vote for how they vote.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Stefan Prodan posted:

A Whole Fuckload of People: "Wait, you mean I could have been voting ahead of time by mail this entire time? I don't have to miss work for this poo poo?"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1310703761669656578?s=20

Trunl will be winning election night, supreme court will order states to stop counting, chaos ensues

Yup. Their campaign has literally said that this is their plan, to be the election night winner and then use the courts to ensure that that outcome doesn't change.

A few days ago someone said that I was Arzying for pointing this out lol

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I bet every politician before this feels really stupid for going through all of the effort of hiding their machinations and negotiating bribes through double talk. Then this fat idiot comes along and doesn't bother trying to hide the fact he's a huge sociopath and just does all of this out in the open, and brags about it, and nobody cares.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Supreme Court needs a case they can't just rule stuff

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

If Parscale was taken to the hospital downtown, in true American fashion there's a McDonalds in there so there's a chance Donny might pay him a visit.

USA has loving McDonalds in hospitals? Hahaha die already

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

vaginite posted:

I bet every politician before this feels really stupid for going through all of the effort of hiding their machinations and negotiating bribes through double talk. Then this fat idiot comes along and doesn't bother trying to hide the fact he's a huge sociopath and just does all of this out in the open, and brags about it, and nobody cares.

Mitch McConnell encourages it even, which is something I think a lot of people in 2016 were not expecting, but the republican party is right there with Trump on causing as much chaos as possible.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

secret service sweeping every room with hand signals, on the lookout for partially-full buckets of water Eric Trump could get his head stuck in and drown

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Vogler posted:

yes but this is actually the lesser evil considering hospital meals cost $50k a piece

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pick posted:

The Supreme Court needs a case they can't just rule stuff

Right, and their job is to interpret the law because at least one side is able to show that it is unclear. The issue with Trump and appointing his new justice, is that he is appointing someone who is completely batshit crazy. This woman is not going to make a good faith effort to interpret the law and make a decision, she is going to do exactly what Trump wants. Which in turn is going to give him a 2nd term, but at the cost of causing a massive constitutional crisis that shows every American that the election process is beyond hosed and unfair.

I would like to think that both conservative and liberal Americans would be extremely unhappy with Trump getting a 2nd term if its clear as day he did not earn it. But then again this is the country that lets a lot of horrific poo poo slide.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

wuffles posted:

secret service sweeping every room with hand signals, on the lookout for partially-full buckets of water Eric Trump could get his head stuck in and drown

Ensuring plastic covers are on all the outlets and putting foam on any sharp corners.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Vogler posted:

dude we have combination pizza hut and taco bells how does that surprise you

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ASenileAnimal posted:

dude we have combination pizza hut and taco bells
Hell yeah we do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What worries me is, how likely is Trump going to be able to convince the electoral college officials to side with him and ignore the popular vote? Biden getting the popular vote for a state does not mean he wins the electoral college for that state, electoral college officials at least in some states, are not legally obligated to follow the popular vote for how they vote.

SCOTUS confirmed in Bush v Gore (2000) that state legislatures have the authority to appoint electors in whatever manner they deem appropriate; this power is granted to them by the US Constitution. The popular vote in each state only matters so long as that state's legislature says that it matters.

SCOTUS has also confirmed that state legislatures can require that electors not become faithless. But that wouldn't matter if the state legislature is Republican, since they'd be fine with a Biden elector voting for Trump. Guess how many swing states have Republic-controlled legislatures right now? All of them, literally every single one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Vogler posted:

We have McDonalds in hospitals, can't you see we're trying?