Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Brody 21 28.38%
Diamante and Ivelisse vs Shida and Rosa 0 0%
Kingston vs Mox 40 54.05%
Page vs Uno 13 17.57%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I hope it's Homicide and they let him call it the Cop Killah again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Isn't Homicide like Nick Gage's right hand guy for GCW? Hard to see him splitting his time between the two but it would still be cool to see him show up.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

They taped tomorrow’s episode last week, right? Probably not going to be a surprise guest.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

They taped tomorrow’s episode last week, right? Probably not going to be a surprise guest.

If it's like, the Butcher, that's fine too

Kingston has a light bulb moment during the promo, maybe its Will Hobbs.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hobbs vs. Mox would honestly be real clever and I wouldn't complain at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dynamite is gonna have to have some really good memes to beat out "Supple" Ricky Starks for the thread title.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think they were planning on Mox vs Hobbs anyway. It parallels Archer's promise to Cage and Mox loves fighting with his friends.

Well just loves fighting works too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mox vs PAC with no build for free on a Wednesday night, what a bunch of jokers

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Critical Botch is on again tonight and I finally figured out a way to get rid of Colt

I can’t help it; the dude’s constant mouth breathing makes me so uncomfortable.

As for challenger chat-
Homicide would own, but I don’t see it happening
I’d love PAC, but it’s so doubtful that I won’t get my hopes up
and if it’s Hobbs, oh my god that would be brilliant.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I like the idea of Hobbs too. Also curious to see whether one of the Dark regulars gets Britt’s first real match back, or if they bring in a ringer.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i watched some of the D&D game but colt cabana not being able to understand anything said to him no matter how simple it is makes it feel like cm punk left his dog on the side of the road and drove off

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I made the effort of checking out Tay Conti's match on Dark so see how she's developing and she already looks way more comfortable in the ring and her grappling game feels really unique. She's gonna end up bringing something really cool to the women's division.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Clqkpwnjo

Matt Cardona confirmed his limited appearance agreement with AEW lasted through All Out and is currently done, but hopes to come back

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I got absolutely nothing from Cardona. I'd much rather they sign, say, Ben Carter than Mr. Woo Woo Woo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Serpointico

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Isn't Homicide like Nick Gage's right hand guy for GCW? Hard to see him splitting his time between the two but it would still be cool to see him show up.

hey ...
what if it's nick gage

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 30, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should bring back matt cardona and have him team with his dad, Luther cardona. i know his real dad was already on wwe but that was zack ryder's dad.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You think he’d get farther if his gimmick was being friends with Cody.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

AEW keeps finding ways to make things work. I'm not expecting the Chaos Project to win the tag team titles, but at least it's utilizing two wrestlers instead of letting them waste in catering!

Oh, and it's Wednesday, my dudes. Got myself a bag of Sour Patch Kids (Grape Crush / Orange Crush flavored) for tonight.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Aye Doc posted:

hey ...
what if it's nick gage

I have pretty severe doubts about any big promotion being brave enough to put Nick "Fuckin" Gage on TV but a man can dream though...

A man can dream... . .

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CobiWann posted:

AEW keeps finding ways to make things work. I'm not expecting the Chaos Project to win the tag team titles, but at least it's utilizing two wrestlers instead of letting them waste in catering!

By “finding ways to make things work” I assume you’re referring to helping Serpentico finally get over by pairing him with one of their biggest stars

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Did 5 poop his pants

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Clqkpwnjo

Matt Cardona confirmed his limited appearance agreement with AEW lasted through All Out and is currently done, but hopes to come back

His 5(?) appearances seemed to go by quickly. Given Tony Khan's reaction to the question as to whether he'd be signed long term, we may never seem him again and we may never get his heel turn against Cody and get that matchup.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 30, 2020

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hot take: Luther has a very bizarre unique charisma to him that is undermined and overshadowed by the endless 'point at the dumb dot on your head' bit.

Also; Mox vs Hobbs would be great but you can't run the story of 'oh no Mox has to fight his new friend how will he cope?' when he's already murdered his adopted son twice. Mox don't care. He'll murder the poo poo out of you. I mean if you want to get shine of Hobbs you windmill slam dunk this poo poo (Christ I wish it was this easy in TEW) but otherwise go with somebody else. Do you think PAC might be getting sick enough of having his career put on hold that he'll yell 'gently caress Covid' and come back even though it's a bad idea?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

Did 5 poop his pants

he's actually president number 45

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

yea ok posted:

Did 5 poop his pants

Would that make him a 7

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A #2 involves losing something rather than gaining something so he's now 3.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

His 5(?) appearances seemed to go by quickly. Given Tony Khan's reaction to the question as to whether he'd be signed long term, we may never seem him again and we may never get his heel turn against Cody and get that matchup.

I thought Matt Cardona was perfectly decent, which puts him squarely in my "shouldn't be on TV taking up time from someone more interesting" tier.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can't watch dynamite tonight got disaster duty. Yall cheer for mox extra hard for me

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/alan_v_angels/status/1311113782266134528?s=21

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

Can't watch dynamite tonight got disaster duty. Yall cheer for mox extra hard for me

Man, sounds real rough being forced to watch NXT.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lol good to know

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I’m disappointed that Veda is no longer on the Dark announce desk. I enjoyed her commentary.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

BDawg posted:

I’m disappointed that Veda is no longer on the Dark announce desk. I enjoyed her commentary.

Hopefully enough people were Mad Online about to have them bring her back next taping.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Speaks a lot to AEW that they brought in Matt Cardona not to put him over their guys because he was once super popular in WWE or to bury him and put over their guys because he was once super popular in WWE, but instead just brought him in for a storyline where it made sense he'd want to help out his friend. Nothing more, nothing less, not even a featured spot. If they want to use him in the future I have faith they'll use him in a way that works.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

yea ok posted:

Lol good to know

I didn't catch it watching it first time, but the stain appears just after Luchasaurus powerbombs him into a turnbuckle in the 34 minute mark so the story checks out. Poor guy just switched to white pants too.

BDawg posted:

I think she missed the recording the between the Deadly Draw and the last time we saw her, so her absence this time isn't proof positive she's done w/ AEW. I also hope she shows up again, though she definitely won't for next week as they record a fortnight at a time.

MassRafTer posted:

Speaks a lot to AEW that they brought in Matt Cardona not to put him over their guys because he was once super popular in WWE or to bury him and put over their guys because he was once super popular in WWE, but instead just brought him in for a storyline where it made sense he'd want to help out his friend. Nothing more, nothing less, not even a featured spot. If they want to use him in the future I have faith they'll use him in a way that works.

They brought him in as quid pro quo that he won't bury the quality of their action figures :tinfoil:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope Cardona lands on his feet elsewhere. But I mean what even constitutes 'landing on your feet' in pro wrestling if you arn't in WWE or AEW? That's the biggest reason WWE can get away with lowballing their talent; because after all's been said and done they still pay way more than most workers could make anywhere else. Unless you're on an nXt contract I guess.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I think this approach beats having people sit in catering after they serve their purpose

ChrisBTY posted:

I hope Cardona lands on his feet elsewhere. But I mean what even constitutes 'landing on your feet' in pro wrestling if you arn't in WWE or AEW? That's the biggest reason WWE can get away with lowballing their talent; because after all's been said and done they still pay way more than most workers could make anywhere else. Unless you're on an nXt contract I guess.

I think his show about toys does well for him

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He should go to Japan, not to wrestle, but to review those model robots you build yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t really like Matt Cardona’s wrestling. He carries himself in a weirdly balletic way that looks stupid, to me