Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

scaterry posted:

I found a way to switch from feudal to clan! If you become the temporal head of faith of a custom Islamic Religion it changes your government.You might have to be a duke or lower, not sure.

It worked for me in the Hungarian-Byzantine Islamic empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Is there a title history page I'm just not seeing? I spent like 3 generations focused on ensuring my line wasn't just ripped apart by my muslim liege and decided briefly to try finding some byzantine secrets to fund my next upgrades after assassinating some rear end in a top hat ruining my chances to steal a trait bearing male. That led me to finding this hot mess in the world:

Which included a Catholic byzantine emperor at least 4 generations back:

The obvious vikings all over the place, and random muslim dudes here and there in western europe:

There's a couple of Indian religious group rulers up in sweden, and idk what else. Just a big ol mess. Honestly, I just wanted to mostly find out why there's only like 3 orthodox duchies left and who broken the empire.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Fintilgin posted:

Uhhhhhh.... ok. What's the story with THIS insane 8 holding county in the mountains by Ragusa?

Like.... London is a five holding county :lol:
Keep in mind buildings are terrain driven. Plains/farmlands/floodplains are the moneymakers, while mountains like those probably have around 50% the possible income.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I'm assuming this is a bug related to one of the mods I have installed, but I just fought a long, grueling, annoying Holy War against Sweden (and thus all the other Norse rulers) for the Kingdom of Lithuania. When I click Enforce Demands, it shows the territory I'm going to gain along with all the appropriate text in the war result window. However, when I click to confirm, I get absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. No change in borders.

Needless to say I am not pleased.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they definitely broke AI reformation

strong bird
May 12, 2009

looks like any time the faith controls all holy sites, any random dude with the piety can just hit the button. the suomenusko restoration! wow! THUSANDS of counties!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

strong bird posted:

looks like any time the faith controls all holy sites, any random dude with the piety can just hit the button. the suomenusko restoration! wow! THUSANDS of counties!

actually looks like you just need 2 or even 3 lol

also wonder when theyll fix muslims getting reamed out cause their government type is awful

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Zurai posted:

I'm assuming this is a bug related to one of the mods I have installed, but I just fought a long, grueling, annoying Holy War against Sweden (and thus all the other Norse rulers) for the Kingdom of Lithuania. When I click Enforce Demands, it shows the territory I'm going to gain along with all the appropriate text in the war result window. However, when I click to confirm, I get absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. No change in borders.

Needless to say I am not pleased.

I've had that happen in unmodded as well. Was just a duchy war in my case though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I def think that when you reform as a pagan there should be an event offered to all the old members of your faith and give the ai some weight to take it, rather than needing them all to be under one roof. Or if it was reformed, have it come back as time goes on?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Played my Daurama game for a few hours for the first time in a couple of weeks, good to see AIs doing matrilineal marriages. There's still something wonky going on with it though, as one of my daugher-heirs ended up in my husband's cadet branch of my dynasty rather than my own house. I have no idea how that happened, we were always matrilineally married. Is it possible that house is still tracking via male ruler? It was actually a benefit this time because I actually got to found a Witch Coven due to the drastically reduced house size, and my first Grand Rite gave me a free stewardship perk.

The Spymaster needs to stop discovering lover secret after lover secret if your religion has the Polyamory tenet. Seriously. I can't do anything with these secrets, and I chose the tenet specifically so I wouldn't be bothered by those events anymore (yet I still was). Ended up sending him off to Constantinople instead of my own court so I could demand payment for hooks from there instead. Also, I think I've learned the hard way that it is absolutely not a good idea to spread your culture around in a low-development area, my innovation pace has slowed to a crawl despite multiple scholar rulers in a row. Having my steward working constantly to develop my capital is simply not helping enough. Thinking I might just need to conquer up to Egypt, move my capital there and swap cultures, they're quite a bit ahead of me. Only problem is the Byzantines, who outnumber me 3-to-1, gonna need some buff MAA stacks to handle that since it doesn't really seem like an alliance is an option, nobody within diplo range is the correct religious group for marriages.

The most annoying thing about the current build for me is revoking titles you have claims on isn't supposed to give tyranny, but it does. It didn't before so this is a new bug. It's still worth getting the claims, because if you don't have a claim you risk a massive vassal rebellion, while if you have a claim only extremely unruly vassals will rebel, but despite the tooltip claiming the revocation doesn't incur tyranny it does. This has made it a bit more painful to do my usual strategy of "claim a second duchy from my realm for my secondary heir to inherit to make sure my primary heir gets my entire capital duchy". Game's still massively addicting though. Hope there's a patch out soon for this issue (along with some other big new ones I've seen posted on the official forums).

Edit: There was a fairly minor display bug where the game continued to insist that my secondary heir would inherit the not-created empire of Guinea even after I swapped out of confederation partition to partition (years afterward), but it seems it was just a tooltip error as it didn't actually create a new empire on succession.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 30, 2020

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

lurksion posted:

Keep in mind buildings are terrain driven. Plains/farmlands/floodplains are the moneymakers, while mountains like those probably have around 50% the possible income.

Ok, but its like 940 and I have 5 castles in that single county that will never be divided by partition and I'm making like 12g a month. From just owning that and Ragusa.

Seems weird that's all.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Eimi posted:

Or if it was reformed, have it come back as time goes on?

If your reformed pagan faith has heresy outbreaks it will be "Old X", where X is your old faith, the unreformed version.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Noticed my heir wasn't creating babies with his beautiful wife I gave him. Turns out he's homosexual. I have sex with his wife instead but can't seem to produce a kid. Neglected to notice she just turned 50. Before her mangled corpse had time to be buried, I gave my son another beautiful, much younger wife. Still no dice after a few years. I hopped in bed with the new wife and it seems like my son is none the wiser that the new wife he never had sex with also gave birth his child. Or maybe hes just cool with me solving a problem so he wouldn't have to?

Also I propose that there should be an icon which depicts the fertility level of a couple. But the icon should be 💦, and instead of blue it should be white, but instead of white droplets it should be white teardrop shaped rabbits. 3 tear drop rabbits for high fertility, 2 for medium, 1 for low.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Abduction schemes seem overnerfed now. I know they wanted to avoid cheesing like was happening before, but now it seems despite being extremely good at intrigue and not at war, I can't abduct anyone except lowborns, and what's the point of that?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
on that note, how do I make crusades end faster? The AI is more than happy to keep them going when their side has a total of 6k troops and our side has 70k and we've been walloping them in every battle for almost a decade now. I get the idea that they're supposed to be longer than your usual holy war or standard duchy claim war, but its annoying when it seems to persist for no real reason.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Oh man. I got the notice that I have 1 year to live, and I must’ve told my wife because she confessed to affairs with three different dukes and 5 of my 12 kids aren’t mine. My fat happy emperor died with some conflicted goddamn emotions.

Also, advice for future situations:

I was in the holy land on a crusade with 20k+ troops. I’m sieging cities but my troops are starting to run low on supplies and start to starve. All of a sudden a notice kicks off that the whole crusade is invalid now.

But I can’t stand my troops down because wits not friendly terrain. And now they have the skull icon and are dying off.

Did I miss something? I bounced from territory to territory hoping something would let me disband them, but no dice. Closest ally was Venice. Wound up losing 19k troops to starvation

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Magil Zeal posted:

Played my Daurama game for a few hours for the first time in a couple of weeks, good to see AIs doing matrilineal marriages. There's still something wonky going on with it though, as one of my daugher-heirs ended up in my husband's cadet branch of my dynasty rather than my own house. I have no idea how that happened, we were always matrilineally married. Is it possible that house is still tracking via male ruler? It was actually a benefit this time because I actually got to found a Witch Coven due to the drastically reduced house size, and my first Grand Rite gave me a free stewardship perk.

I've seen this happen with patrilineal marriages as well, some of the kids were part of my wife's house for some reason. My guess is that it's infidelity related but I have not opened the save files to find out.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

PittTheElder posted:

I've seen this happen with patrilineal marriages as well, some of the kids were part of my wife's house for some reason. My guess is that it's infidelity related but I have not opened the save files to find out.

I believe what happens is that if your spouse is of your dynasty, a ruler in their own right, and meets the criteria to create a cadet branch, there's nothing that stops them founding a new house. When they do, all kids of that parent of the same house as the founding parent get swapped over to the new house.

As the Emperor of Britannia I had four wifes including the Queen of France, my cousin from the same house as me. When she founded her own cadet branch, all of her children took her new house, while all my children from other spouses stayed in my house.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lol is there a penalty above obese, I am feasting every month at this point.

Also I pumped up the development of Tirakka all the way from literally 3 to 40 to build a university and now that I'm there I just conquered Cairo where I can just build a uni nbd

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
canoes

Also fun fact: Constantine is considered Catholic, but just couple emperors later Valens is Orthodox in 378. Wonder why.

ilitarist fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 30, 2020

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Is Bohemia considered a very easy mode in 1066? It's one of the recommended starts and it says it's easy. What it doesn't tell you is you have all the land you need to create a kingdom of Bohemia, and you're income is fine so you can probably get it in couple of years. More importantly, your son has a claim on Hungary. And it's an easy war if you have at least some allies, maybe even without them cause Hungary either starts with civil war or falls into it very fast.

But the most important thing is you start with seniority succession. This means you might often play as an established character who spend most of his life as dumb AI, but it also means you have no partition. When you put your dynasty member on some throne this throne will join your empire sooner or later.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Is it just me, or is the AI way better at war? Or is it just that it's harder to out retinue them like in CK2?

I feel like even when I'm a King, I'm always at danger from some random Duke and his two allies invading to take a border county, and I never felt like that in CK2.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Did they fix the “AI won’t matrilinealy marry female rulers” thing? I can’t see anything in the patch notes, except the possibility for modders of adjusting the AI willingness to go matrilineal

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

If you have a female dominated religion/succession laws they will seek out matrilineal marriages. Equal laws/religion are still not great.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

My idiot daughter spilled a boiling cauldron of food on one of my powerful vassals.
One of my other gluttonous vassals decided to get down on the floor and eat the slop like a dog.
GOTY

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Brandfarlig posted:

If you have a female dominated religion/succession laws they will seek out matrilineal marriages. Equal laws/religion are still not great.

Pity, I wanted to go Equal and full Succesion Thunderdome in my Africa game. Female it is, then.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I can't believe how much the tweaks have improved the tribal-feudal swap for me.
The "I liked your parent" mod means when a ruler dies I'm not IMMEDIATELY plunged into infinite civil wars and if nothing else that makes a gigantic difference.

Also I'm surprised how much the UI changed. None of it is bad, I'm just...surprised.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ilitarist posted:

canoes

Also fun fact: Constantine is considered Catholic, but just couple emperors later Valens is Orthodox in 378. Wonder why.

Constantine is Catholic because he legalised Christianity in 313. Emperors up to Valens should all also be Catholic though, Orthodox Christianity didn't become the ERE's religion of choice until his successor Theodosius hosted the Second Ecumenical Council in 381.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kind of strange that Augustus is byzantine in ckiii. When he was first head of the Roman empire in two.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

Kind of strange that Augustus is byzantine in ckiii. When he was first head of the Roman empire in two.
Byzantine Empire is a name that was invented for ERE long after its collapse. For them it was always Roman Empire anyway.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Wouldn't it be more accurate to classify Constantine as Nicene rather than Catholic?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dwesa posted:

Byzantine Empire is a name that was invented for ERE long after its collapse. For them it was always Roman Empire anyway.

The point being they're separate titles in ck2

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is the Western Empire also a separate historical title with its own emperors past the split?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is the Western Empire also a separate historical title with its own emperors past the split?

Can you even find out? You can't really trace it as easily as going back with Byzantine.

Here's a question that someone might be able to answer. In CK2 you can send your chaplain to go and convert unreformed pagans. Can you not do that any more? I'd love to make Astaru britain turn Bidaic.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Taear posted:

Can you even find out? You can't really trace it as easily as going back with Byzantine.

Here's a question that someone might be able to answer. In CK2 you can send your chaplain to go and convert unreformed pagans. Can you not do that any more? I'd love to make Astaru britain turn Bidaic.

Don't believe so. It's a shame, when you had someone that hated you getting them to go off and convert pagans was always a win/win situation because if they refused to be convert they'd imprison/sacrifice them. That said I have seen quite a few pagans convert of their own accord to neighbouring organised faiths.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Whorelord posted:

Don't believe so. It's a shame, when you had someone that hated you getting them to go off and convert pagans was always a win/win situation because if they refused to be convert they'd imprison/sacrifice them. That said I have seen quite a few pagans convert of their own accord to neighbouring organised faiths.

It's a shame because it made some fun ahistorical stuff - like making Russia Miasphyte or Muslim finland, that sorta thing

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Don't think it was infidelity related in my case, unless the husband was cheating on me with someone else who had a bunch of awesome genetic traits.

Reveilled posted:

I believe what happens is that if your spouse is of your dynasty, a ruler in their own right, and meets the criteria to create a cadet branch, there's nothing that stops them founding a new house. When they do, all kids of that parent of the same house as the founding parent get swapped over to the new house.

This is a slim possibility, that my husband inherited some land and I didn't notice, though he wasn't landed when I married him and I'm pretty sure he was doing spouse tasks until he died (I needed his Stewardship boost for my domain).

BrainMeats posted:

Held off on going feudal until the patch and really pleased with the random buildings I got. Heroes all the way down.

This is hilarious. That building doesn't go in that slot, paradox.

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, since the patch, my female vassals in my equal rights tribal kingdom doesn't marry at all, instead they just take consorts and get kids that way, which works out fine I guess.

I've noticed that even in my female-dominated realms women over 50 can be pretty slow to marry, I wonder if they have a hard time with the calculations involving fertility?

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 30, 2020

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Taear posted:

It's a shame because it made some fun ahistorical stuff - like making Russia Miasphyte or Muslim finland, that sorta thing

I did an observer game and Russia ended up split between the Nestorian and Armenian Apostolic Churches, both of which were extinct where you'd actually think to find them.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

on that note, how do I make crusades end faster? The AI is more than happy to keep them going when their side has a total of 6k troops and our side has 70k and we've been walloping them in every battle for almost a decade now. I get the idea that they're supposed to be longer than your usual holy war or standard duchy claim war, but its annoying when it seems to persist for no real reason.

I had the same issue, realized that the AI for some reason hadn't seiged down all of the crusade targets. Also seiging down the capitals of your enemies seems to have helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

What determines whether someone is a knight and can be forced into knighthood? My oldest son is not as good of an heir option as my middle son but I can't force him to be a knight and take care of him the old-fashioned way.