Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Benne posted:

Allegedly there's a Takeover this week, which is the first I've heard of it.

Finn Balor(c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly, NXT title
Damien Priest(c) vs. Johnny Gargano, North American title
Io Shirai(c) vs. Candice LeRae, NXT Women's title
Santos Escobar(c) vs. Swerve Scott, NXT Cruiserweight title
Kushida vs. Credibly Accused Child Groomer Velveteen Dream

what ever happened to Karrion Kross and did Scarlet ever wrestle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That sucks, Tegan is one of my faves somehow even though I find her character completely irritating.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hirez posted:

what ever happened to Karrion Kross and did Scarlet ever wrestle?

Injured in the match he won the nxt title. And don't think she wrestled.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I’m surprised they didn’t do a repeat of the Keith/Mia vs. Gargano/Candace thing and give Scarlett a match against Mia leading up to takeover. I know the women’s roster is stacked but she’s not a terrible worker as far as I know.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How the gently caress did Gargano/Ciampa win Feud of the Year in 2019?
It was a typo, they won it for 2018, not 2019. I know people have soured on their endless feud, but this was for Year One of it, not Year Two or Three.

Though honestly, Gargano/Cole winning it in 2019 doesn't make a ton of sense either.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Neither answer would have been good, but that really loving sucks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Edge & Christian posted:

It was a typo, they won it for 2018, not 2019. I know people have soured on their endless feud, but this was for Year One of it, not Year Two or Three.

Though honestly, Gargano/Cole winning it in 2019 doesn't make a ton of sense either.

I always thought that feud totally fell apart a week after the first match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

2019 was the Year AEW Was Robbed, with a Shingo/Ospreay match beating Dustin/Cody for best match, and some NXT bullshit beating out Cody/Jericho for best feud.

bartok
May 10, 2006

karmicknight posted:

2019 was the Year AEW Was Robbed, with a Shingo/Ospreay match beating Dustin/Cody for best match, and some NXT bullshit beating out Cody/Jericho for best feud.

but that Shingo/Ospreay match was really really good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/USA_Network/status/1311460223459172353

Shotzi is reaching Ibushi levels of hating her own neck

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's a horrific botch jesus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Results 9/30:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Shotzi Blackheart defeated Dakota Kai in a singles match, there was a really scary bump (see two posts above this one).
  • Santos Escobar (iC) and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott had a debate over their upcoming match for the interim Cruiserweight Championship.
  • Somebody on a motorcycle is coming to Takeover this weekend.
  • A vignette aired for Kyle O'Reilly.
  • Cameron Grimes beat up a jobber as an "invitiational", but the next jobber was beat up by Ridge Holland to replace him.
  • Cameron Grimes defeated Ridge Holland when Holland was DQed for kicking too much rear end.
  • Austin Theory, who has been accused of trying to groom a 13-year-old girl, cut a promo about being better than Kyle O'Reilly.
  • KUSHIDA defeated Tony Nese in a singles match. Velveteen Dream - accused of trying to groom minors - appeared on the Titantron to talk about their match at Takeover.
  • Cameron Grimes told Dexter Lumis he is a freak.
  • Adam Cole defeated Austin Theory then cut a promo putting over Kyle O'Reilly.
  • Kayden Carter defeated Xia Li. Li refused to shake Carter's hand postmatch.
  • Shawn Michaels introduced Kyle O'Reilly and Finn Balor for a face-to-face in the ring before Takeover.
  • Candice LeRae & Johnny Gargano defeated Damian Priest and Io Shirai (their titles were not on the line) in a mixed tag match. Gargano got the pinfall on Priest.
  • Show Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 1, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cliff Lincoln

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bluff Bixby

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alaois posted:

he used to be Shane Strickland, or Shane "Swerve" Strickland, then he signed with NXT and became Isaiah Scott, or Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, and now I guess just Swerve Scott

they made the international king of swerve into one of the guys fighting for the kinda cruiserweight title on the minor league show and it makes me so sad :(

i just wanna see him come out to chaka khan one more time :(

the gd indie show i saw him at was mlw and they had some bs soundalike for his theme :(((((

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Big McHuge

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 9/30:
  • Somebody on a motorcycle is coming to Takeover this weekend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

god i wish

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I can't believe Jay Leno and Karl Malone are coming to Takeover.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Somebody on a motorcycle is coming to Takeover this weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RN9ICbwvGA

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

that's a horrific botch jesus

Nah, that camera cut was deliberate

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
the last time we saw the undertaker, he was riding off to 2020 metallica - Undertaker to NXT confirmed

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Io made a Johnny short joke.

It is weird that Kyle O’Reilly has basically been a face for a month including in the promo stuff in the first half of the show and then seemed to be the heel in the contract signing against Finn who has been a tweener since coming to NXT.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Big twins

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rick posted:

Io made a Johnny short joke.

It is weird that Kyle O’Reilly has basically been a face for a month including in the promo stuff in the first half of the show and then seemed to be the heel in the contract signing against Finn who has been a tweener since coming to NXT.

They're being really weird with all of TUE. Like they can't decide if they're all tweeners, or some are faces and some are heels, or what. Like Adam Cole seems to definitively be a face now, and Kyle has been but the contract signing was odd.

Though the same seems to go for Finn.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

They're being really weird with all of TUE. Like they can't decide if they're all tweeners, or some are faces and some are heels, or what. Like Adam Cole seems to definitively be a face now, and Kyle has been but the contract signing was odd.

Though the same seems to go for Finn.

Shades of gray, bro.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maigius posted:

Shades of gray, bro.

Oh come on, there's no way they'd be hiring back Russ-

:ohdear:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope it’s Baron Corbin back to his old scumbag biker look but he also appears on the main roster as he is now and it’s not remarked upon or mentioned by any commentators or other wrestlers at all

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He also tells everyone to go back to OVW.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Codependent Poster posted:

He also tells everyone to go back to OVW.

you all laugh but baron corbin reverting back to his high school bully days in the minor league and hollering at scrubs to wait for the next largo loop would absolutely get me to check out some nxt.

i loved that character he fuckin cracked me up. oh they have to bring back his old theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7mpyBs8AY
god its such a cfo$ theme too. nxt baron corbin was the rare extremely wwe gimmick that just crushed it for me, have that guy be around forever, maybe make him transitional champ ONCE, and just have him be the heel miniboss for scrappy faces to beat before the big match. he was perfect.

e: i will die on the hill that baron corbin is an extremely underrated talent that any company would get alot of use out of. wwe has uh... not been using baron corbin properly.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 1, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Baron Corbin is a perfectly fine midcard talent. The problem is they built multiple shows around this motherfucker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was that the theme he used when he had the spotlight entrance and would do the gimmick where he beat guys so fast the crowd couldn't count to 10 before the match was done?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Baron Corbin is a perfectly fine midcard talent. The problem is they built multiple shows around this motherfucker.

oh absolutely, they poisoned the well. he would have to just disappear and come back like 5 months later w a whole new thing at this point if they wanted to use him right.

Jerusalem posted:

Was that the theme he used when he had the spotlight entrance and would do the gimmick where he beat guys so fast the crowd couldn't count to 10 before the match was done?

that entrance was so fuckin badass

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVu1FCGbHko

all hail

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The leader of Retribution, ladies and gentlemen: Nibroc Norab!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Damian Priest is a better version of Baron.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah his old music and entrance were great

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Damian Priest is a better version of Baron.

from what little i saw of punishment martinez i totally believe that, corbin just has this delightful dismissive charisma that comes off in the ring. im a sucker for mouthy wrestlers, i love heel young bucks, its a soft spot lol.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the 'good' brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

JT Smiley posted:

It's insane how bloated the WWE roster is with top level talent and yet most episodes of Raw and SmackDown are just the same handful of wrestlers fighting each other week after week. There's an almost endless number of entertaining possible match ups and they refuse to do any of them.

Given the guys sitting in catering, how the gently caress is Baron Corbin ever on TV again?