Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Avynte posted:

If I can get 20 hours of fun for free, then that's a win.

This is exactly my mindset. I’m having a blast and I hope it sticks for at least a year or two. There are definitely some improvements with co-op, parties, etc that can be made but if they stick with it they will have really raised the bar for mobile gachas imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
we sharing UIDs for easy friend list building?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

RubberLuffy posted:

we sharing UIDs for easy friend list building?

Mine is 600001575 for anyone who wants to add me.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
my genshin ID is 602279790, ign Michie

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

homeless snail posted:

You can get Xiangling for free at AR20, shes mostly just a good spear user but her fire attack isn't bad

Is this part of a quest chain or did I miss how to get her somehow. I just finished the Stormterror stuff at AR20 and still don't have her

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Phoix posted:

Is this part of a quest chain or did I miss how to get her somehow. I just finished the Stormterror stuff at AR20 and still don't have her

abyss dungeon, check events

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Having a double air setup feels so good.

[Element] >>> MC Air >>> Jean air burst is shockingly good at bursting mobs down at my current level, even the mini bosses too.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Tae posted:

abyss dungeon, check events

I guess it speaks to the quality of the game that playing on PC I didn't think to check the events tab like I would in every other mobile game

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Phoix posted:

Yeah, you need to clear abyss floor 3-3 to get her, if you are at that stage it shouldn't be too hard to clear, maybe make sure you have a couple decent built characters and gear.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phoix posted:

You have to finish floor 3 of the spiral abyss, idk if that means abyss corridor or the Real spiral abyss though, I haven't dug that deep into spiral abyss yet

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

drat this games pretty drat good for f2p, though admittedly i've only just played like 15 minutes so far. Lol that it takes half an hour to reroll so I wont be doing that but does anyone have a tier list for the characters? It's always nice to know if I've pulled trash or not.

Also the UID's I'm putting in from this thread arent being found so I'm assuming it's per region? Am in EU.

edit: yes seems like it's region specific, here's mine though you'll have to be in Europe: 701647965.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 1, 2020

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

drat this games pretty drat good for f2p, though admittedly i've only just played like 15 minutes so far. Lol that it takes half an hour to reroll so I wont be doing that but does anyone have a tier list for the characters? It's always nice to know if I've pulled trash or not.

Also the UID's I'm putting in from this thread arent being found so I'm assuming it's per region? Am in EU.

There are lists but from what I've played and people i've been following have been saying is everyone is good with gear. It's more about finding which characters and element combos you like. You can clear everything in the current game with the free characters they give you. Obviously everyone is going to top rank the 5* units, and of course they are good, but they are very far from necessary like a lot of gacha games.

And yeah I guess those IDs are region based, im in the US.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
601480915 is my id

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

edit: yes seems like it's region specific, here's mine though you'll have to be in Europe: 701647965.

Tiers don't matter, no one making the list knows how to play cause they're judging purely on dps.

Elemental combos matter more for damage purposes, it's best to start as soon as possible to get to Adventure Level 20 for the free Barbara, who's a great free healer/water unit that enables Freeze with the free ice guy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How’s this doing over seas? I’ve always heard that these Gacha games in Japan and China are like the biggest games in the world in terms of players and revenue but I never hear anything about them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

IDK at what point this game gets into the Whale Zone where you absolutely need jacked up characters, but i'm just asuming its these AR40+ super high level domains that drop 5 star mats and artifacts, and I couldn't even begin to guess how many dozens of hours you'd have to grind to get to that point. I'm 22 and I've played in pretty much all of my free time since it came out, and the easy AEP is starting to dry up. I could see how how level spiral abyss could get a little hosed up also

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Trying to glide to pass the second stage of Amber's test is a test since I need to master it to get to the second part of Kaeya's quest.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I feel like there's some kind of super paywall lurking in the distance that nobody's gotten near to yet. Otherwise there's really no big push to spend cash on anything, and that ain't a business model. But the free start is engaging casual fun at least.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

homeless snail posted:

IDK at what point this game gets into the Whale Zone where you absolutely need jacked up characters, but i'm just asuming its these AR40+ super high level domains that drop 5 star mats and artifacts, and I couldn't even begin to guess how many dozens of hours you'd have to grind to get to that point. I'm 22 and I've played in pretty much all of my free time since it came out, and the easy AEP is starting to dry up. I could see how how level spiral abyss could get a little hosed up also

At least what I've heard from beta players is that whaling still isnt required in the later stages of AR and Domains/Abyss. Since the game is free yes its going to be hella grindy, if they dont make you pay with money they are gonna at least make you pay with time. But if I'm still having fun playing I don't mind spending my time. I'm around the same AR as you and I don't know what you think is drying up but I still see plenty of everything coming in. :confused:

quote:

I feel like there's some kind of super paywall lurking in the distance that nobody's gotten near to yet. Otherwise there's really no big push to spend cash on anything, and that ain't a business model. But the free start is engaging casual fun at least.

They could easily sell skins, and there are still plenty of people whaling to pull characters they like/want/think they need.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Disconnecticus posted:

I don't know, some games never hit that wall. Kancolle/GFL never had any real incentive for you to spend money to power up, it was always for like, swimsuits or wedding dress cosmetics stuff.

Speaking of which, what seems like the good banner to pull from. The beginner one has a lot of dupe overlaps with the free characters, but the 5* banner has weapons that can eat up a pull. I was just gonna save them for some other time but if people are saying you can farm pulls then poo poo might as well use em

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ougher posted:

They could easily sell skins, and there are still plenty of people whaling to pull characters they like/want/think they need.

yeah this will probably be what they do, skins make bank. the smart gachas figure out that is the way to go instead of doing paywall stuff

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 1, 2020

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I think if you're trying to reroll a lot, sure go for a 5 star, but if you can pick up Fischl you've basically won, and she's just a 4 star. Your team comp matters a lot more than individual units, and Fischl can enable just about anyone else to be a god, including herself.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't know, some games never hit that wall. Kancolle/GFL never had any real incentive for you to spend money to power up, it was always for like, swimsuits or wedding dress cosmetics stuff.

Speaking of which, what seems like the good banner to pull from. The beginner one has a lot of dupe overlaps with the free characters, but the 5* banner has weapons that can eat up a pull. I was just gonna save them for some other time but if people are saying you can farm pulls then poo poo might as well use em

I pulled the two 10 pulls on the beginner, because why not its discounted and still has a chance for 5*, then I pulled on the Venti banner. But if you don't want Venti for whatever reason you can just pull on the standard banner. They both have the same 90 summon pity system, but they dont overlap, so its 90 pulls on the standard or 90 on the Venti banner for a guaranteed 5* But on the Venti banner its a 50% chance to be Venti the first time you pity or get a 5* and there are no 5* weapons to clog up the pool, where on the standard banner you could end up getting a 5* weapon and not a character.

Ougher fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 1, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ougher posted:

I pulled the two 10 pulls on the beginner, because why not its discounted and still has a chance for 5*, then I pulled on the Venti banner. But if you don't want Venti for whatever reason you can just pull on the standard banner. They both have the same 90 summon pity system, but they dont overlap, so its 90 pulls on the standard or 90 on the Venti banner.

I think the Venti banner also has a totally different currency it uses though so that's why I haven't really been considering that one. That one imo just blow pulls because Venti rules

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ougher posted:

I'm around the same AR as you and I don't know what you think is drying up but I still see plenty of everything coming in. :confused:
You get an assload of one-time adventure experience from discovery and shrine upgrades, and I've done all that now, + the amount of aep you need to rank up keeps increasing, its definitely gonna slow down if you have to rely more on commission and resin aep. That's not even a paywall though cause short of buying resin and that's a bad fuckin deal, there isn't really a way to turn money into aep

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think the Venti banner also has a totally different currency it uses though so that's why I haven't really been considering that one

Yeah there are Intertwined Fate for the Venti and Weapon banner, and Acquaint Fate for the regular, however both can be purchased using the same number of primogems.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you should do both pulls on the beginner banner because it guarntees a character even if there are dupes, all other banners just guarantee a 4 star which can be a character or a weapon

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I really wish there were more anemo people that aren't 5 stars, because double anemo would be super nice for exploration.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

you should do both pulls on the beginner banner because it guarntees a character even if there are dupes, all other banners just guarantee a 4 star which can be a character or a weapon

Ohhhhhh okay I wasn't aware of this, that's very big news.

Also what's the way of farming pulls, is it actually getting the fate itself through some method or just getting primogems and then converting it

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

what makes fischl so good? i just started so im not sure what makes her great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Honkai, Genshin creator's previous game, didn't lock you out of PVE and still doesn't.

Most of what you spend on Honkai is pvp stuff to show your e-penis. Locking story content behind paywalls isn't really a thing in modern gacha.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

queeb posted:

what makes fischl so good? i just started so im not sure what makes her great.

Electric element interacts with everything, she has a bow which can be very useful at times, and her skill deploys a lightning bird that stays out when you switch characters.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ohhhhhh okay I wasn't aware of this, that's very big news.

Also what's the way of farming pulls, is it actually getting the fate itself through some method or just getting primogems and then converting it
You can get $1 worth of primogems a day doing the dailies, so that's like one free ten-pull a month + I think 6 acquaint fate from the free part of the battle pass? (you have to pay for the battle pass to get intertwined fate) That is about the extent of farmable pulls I think unless the second part of spiral abyss gives gems too, idk

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
That 5$ pack that gives you primo every day for 30 days is a good deal if you are going to spend anything, and maybe the 10$ for the battlepass. Battlepass unlocks at AR20 for those that don't know.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
My first 10 beginner roll gave me Jean, so I felt obliged to play this game. I played mostly with the F2P characters, Jean and Noelle until I hit AR10 then splurged on the gacha.

I got Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Mona. I also got a 5* sword. Gacha did me good I say. What is really good about this game is that you feel like you're wrecking poo poo when you have a good party comp. I use Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Jean. Razor is a solid DPSer, Fichel is good range support that gives elements to my DPS. Chongyun give element combos and Jean can burst/full heal. Before I thought enemies were huge damage sponges, but once you exploit combos things melt fast.

My major complaint is what others said: you need multiple party setups and hotkeys. There are times I want Mona for exploration (she has the fastest movement speed in water) or Amber for fire related things. Another things is that the game's controls are a bit clunky, but that's maybe the hundreds of hours playing Breath of the Wild and its smooth physic engine and movement.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lord Ephraim posted:

My first 10 beginner roll gave me Jean, so I felt obliged to play this game. I played mostly with the F2P characters, Jean and Noelle until I hit AR10 then splurged on the gacha.

I got Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Mona. I also got a 5* sword. Gacha did me good I say. What is really good about this game is that you feel like you're wrecking poo poo when you have a good party comp. I use Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Jean. Razor is a solid DPSer, Fichel is good range support that gives elements to my DPS. Chongyun give element combos and Jean can burst/full heal. Before I thought enemies were huge damage sponges, but once you exploit combos things melt fast.

My major complaint is what others said: you need multiple party setups and hotkeys. There are times I want Mona for exploration (she has the fastest movement speed in water) or Amber for fire related things. Another things is that the game's controls are a bit clunky, but that's maybe the hundreds of hours playing Breath of the Wild and its smooth physic engine and movement.

how many pulls did you do? thats wild that you got mona jean razor and chongyun

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Lord Ephraim posted:

Breath of the Wild and its smooth physic engine and movement.

I think the fact that the game is made for mobile at its core is a big part of the weird floatiness

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Making sure you keep up on your gear is important too, you get tons of trash artifacts and stuff you can use to feed into your good ones. Early game looking for Attack% is a good choice to just get your damage up, much later on you can start trying to get more balance of crit/critdmg and elemental bonuses and all that jazz.

Also don't use up too much materials on 3* weapons, you will want the resources you have for your 4* weapons(or 5* if you are lucky on pulls), look for the "xxx prototype' things which are available from some quests and I think there is one on the Merchant with the diamond over their head. These are used at the blacksmith to craft 4* weapons. There are also some free 4* artifacts from quests, and there is a nun in the Cathedral that will give you a 4* cup artifact, not sure what AR you need to be but its pretty low, maybe 5 or 7 for that one.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Ningguang has a good passive. Displays any mining ores on the minimap. Im glad I found out about her passive. Unlocked her recently and haven't used her yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Maaaaaaaaaaan I used my Venti and final Newbie pulls and got two Sucrose