Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Looks like pre-load is up for PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cross-Section posted:

Skipped to a random point in the video, instantly spotted one of these bad boys.

They done good.

As soon as I saw one of those in the technical test a while back, I knew that the devs were doing their damned best to make a spiritual successor to the X-Wing series. And for those of you who didn't get to play it or who aren't watching the video yes, you do inspect the cargo ships

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
smh if you're not maining the TIE Fighter with all its horrible hitboxes

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So there's a TIE advanced prototype in the hangar, wonder if that will be flyable in the campaign.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

i just want to see a gunboat, even if you can't fly it in the campaign, just let me see one.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tom Guycot posted:

i just want to see a gunboat, even if you can't fly it in the campaign, just let me see one.

Are those even in the new canon?

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

They could be if they put them in the game just like how they brought back all the tie-fighter bases and freighters

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jose Oquendo posted:

They’re in the X-wing miniatures game, so.... maybe?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Drizvolta posted:

They could be if they put them in the game just like how they brought back all the tie-fighter bases and freighters

How does this work anyway? I assume stuff has to get approved by the Lucasfilm story group. Maybe they did float the idea of Gunboats and it got shot down.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Man that looks fun I am hyped as hell

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Jose Oquendo posted:

How does this work anyway? I assume stuff has to get approved by the Lucasfilm story group. Maybe they did float the idea of Gunboats and it got shot down.

Impossible.

The gunboat shoots YOU down :colbert:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I watched the jackfrags video and the combat seems way more in depth then I thought it would be. When does the PS4 version unlock?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 23, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

sincx posted:

Any place selling the game at a discount?

It's a brand new game already being sold at a budget price. Maybe?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

sincx posted:

Any place selling the game at a discount?

EGS was doing something, probably over by now but not sure, where if you downloaded that soccer race car game for free, you got 10 free bucks to spend in the epic store.

If they're still doing that, its probably the closest you're going to find.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Dumb question, but buying on Steam/Epic/Origin (lol) won't matter right? If friends have it on other storefronts PC is just PC (and it crossplays with playstation anyway)

I usually go with Steam but may do Epic because I do have that coupon.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Preload up on steam

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Origin preload up too

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, the EGS coupon doesn't work on preorders so you'll need to wait for the actual release. With that said, the preorder bonuses here aren't exactly huge so unless you desperately need the preload you're not losing much.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

fartknocker posted:

The Y-wing is the workhorse of the Rebel fleet.

:same:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Can't wait to switch on.... targeting... computer....

Gold Squadron 4 lyfe.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone know what the drawback of those +100% accel Propulsion Engines are? Nothing seems to be listed on squadron.tools.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

dude why'd you bury the best part of this youtube

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

there is no way that nerd will actually be good at this game, unless you can wookiepedia quote your enemies to death

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Don't care, gonna make pew pew pew noises and shoot laz0rz.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I can't believe that station has Imperial turbolasers. This is loving bullshit.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

That guy subscribes to CinemaSins

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
a bunch of those comments are precisely things you could level at tie fighter

'why is the rebellion attacking outpost d-34 with wings of imperial shuttles? :psyduck:'

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Is the lighting such a trash in the game, or is that just a extremely lovely video? I would guess the video, but it kind of resembles some parts of new movies so I don't know. I'm talking about flying above star destroyer and it is completely white, like if somebody forget to turn on tonemapping

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

commando in tophat posted:

Is the lighting such a trash in the game, or is that just a extremely lovely video? I would guess the video, but it kind of resembles some parts of new movies so I don't know. I'm talking about flying above star destroyer and it is completely white, like if somebody forget to turn on tonemapping

It's PSVR so it's running at a high resolution twice with a high framerate on a console released seven years ago, so this is probably just about the worst looking version of the game you can get, I wouldn't judge how it'll look basically anywhere else (even just regular PS4) by that

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Lemming posted:

It's PSVR so it's running at a high resolution twice with a high framerate on a console released seven years ago, so this is probably just about the worst looking version of the game you can get, I wouldn't judge how it'll look basically anywhere else (even just regular PS4) by that

What I consider trash is more artistic choice then something coming from technical limitations. The whole fleet from "flying around" part is horribly overlit. What I'm talking about is e.g. in the star destroyer flyby around 11:30. That is definitely not because of hardware limitation but setting your lights to extreme bright

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Looks aside, VR mode looks incredibly fiddly to try to actually play.

e: I'm starting to lay my bets on the control scheme being very War Thunder esque 'you can use a gamepad or joystick if you really want, but KB+M is the optimal'.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's lots of regular mode footage of gameplay so I dunno why this is the one video that proves the game looks like a turd

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

commando in tophat posted:

What I consider trash is more artistic choice then something coming from technical limitations. The whole fleet from "flying around" part is horribly overlit. What I'm talking about is e.g. in the star destroyer flyby around 11:30. That is definitely not because of hardware limitation but setting your lights to extreme bright

There's no way it looks like this for most people, I would bet money this is a result of PSVR specifically, I agree it looks like complete garbage but I doubt they did it on purpose

Edit: "on purpose" as in set the lighting like that as opposed to being because they had to crank everything down

Lemming fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 1, 2020

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Haven't watched the prologue video because I want to go in blind but if the Rebel training starts off with anything other than "Red One will drop into an Imperial training area in the Senex System" then I want no part of it.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Hot diggity. Steam is telling me that it unlocks in 5 hours.

Well, I've just broken my 'never preorder a game' rule.

Hopefully there's a T-Flight Hotas preset so I don't need to spend the first hour futsing around with both the controller and my headset.

:edit: woah, 30 gigs!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lemming posted:

There's no way it looks like this for most people, I would bet money this is a result of PSVR specifically, I agree it looks like complete garbage but I doubt they did it on purpose

Edit: "on purpose" as in set the lighting like that as opposed to being because they had to crank everything down

I'm almost certain this is an artifact of the way they captured the video from the PSVR and doesn't reflect what you actually see in the headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Drone posted:

I'm almost certain this is an artifact of the way they captured the video from the PSVR and doesn't reflect what you actually see in the headset.

Ah yeah, that would make sense too