Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Steve is a good addition to Smash.......for me to KO with Link :twisted:

Gonna power dunk Steve with Terry from Fatal Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Some of you may think Minecraft Steve is a shitposty addition to Smash but a ton of kids grew up playing thousands of hours of Minecraft and were genuinely hoping to see him in Smash. Like the only real complaint I have is that minecraft remains an ugly, ugly game so Steve looks very out of place, but that's got its own charm tbh.
A brief reminder of that Minecraft graphics pack that was announced and abandoned.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The best one because my HoN name was EggsAndBacee

If you won would you bm spam 'wakee wakee"?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh that reminds me that I might be able to play Dwarf Fortress now that it has graphics

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know if anyone even plays Smash two years after release. I sure as gently caress don't but for some reason I devour all of the news that surfaces about it like it matters to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Didn't it get replaced by the All Kirbies fighting game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Fortnite gets into Smash but it's an awkward announcement because it happens after Tim Sweeney decides to add Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to the list of companies he's suing because the judge basically asked his lawyers at the hearing why he wasn't also going after their walled-gardens at the same time they're scuffling with Apple and Google.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
put dwarf fortress in smash

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Awesome Animals posted:

If you won would you bm spam 'wakee wakee"?

Yeah of course

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh that reminds me that I might be able to play Dwarf Fortress now that it has graphics

is it out????

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

is it out????

huh, are you quoting my rap sheet?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Awesome Animals posted:

huh, are you quoting my rap sheet?

That post getting 3 days is so funny.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh it looks like the Steam DF isn't out yet, for some reason I thought that was already a thing.

Didn't the developers start working on that because they needed to pay for health insurance, I hope they're doing OK

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Awesome Animals posted:

I think Steve (from Minecraft) in Smash is cool and good.

Don't all the people who play Smash obsessively already play the same character regardless of what new characters are added?

Yes but now the sanctity of Smash has been sullied or something like that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Star Wars Squadrons is High Availability on Gamefly, compared to 13 Sentinels having super low availability... I am guessing the service got a lot more copies of the Star Wars game though

They also introduced a "Gamelock" feature to guarantee a copy on release if you lock it in 6 weeks ahead of time, so I threw Cyberpunk into that I guess lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, I mean, he developed it, but it's pretty accepted that a lot was ripped off of Infiniminer.
other than the cubes, they're not even remotely the same kind of game, and I wish this fun fact would go away forever

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

homeless snail posted:

other than the cubes, they're not even remotely the same kind of game, and I wish this fun fact would go away forever

Zach Barth would have never made Minecraft.
Minecraft wouldn't have been made if not for Zach Barth.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Minecraft is just cubes. The rest is marketing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"ripped off" is subjective but Notch has openly acknowledged that he was inspired by Infiniminer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah but again they bare no similarities other than the cubes. he saw the cubes and thought "these cubes are cool but what if this was a literally different kind of game altogether"

idk if people like the infiniminer factoid because it's obscure or because they feel that it in some way obliviates notch from being responsible for minecraft, but it just isn't true

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i keep meaning to start posting a playthrough of XPiratez starring Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons but I haven't been in an OG-Xcom mood yet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Congratulations to Metis for being the first poster to complete a line in the bingo!

Keep at them, I'm going to try to have something for people who complete their entire squares. Maybe a gangtag.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Anyway since people are talking about Smash, time to reup one of my favorite sync videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3aZSpGwDJ4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

looking forward to fighter pass 9: the final fantasy sprite from terraria

e: actually the silver armor pc from the box art would be cool.... all the terraria items as moves.... she could magic mirror as an up b

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every Smash Bros announcement seems to garner an outsized response (at least, going by these threads) when it’s like, yeah I guess that game is pretty good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Like where were the five pages of reactions when demon hunter got announced for hearthstone???

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just beat The Order: 1886. I get why they don't make games like this anymore, but part of me will miss this kind of game. Sometimes I just want to move down a corridor, shoot some generic bad guys and look at some nice scenery while doing the occasional QTE. Well worth the 5 dollarydoos I paid, but I very much understand people who paid full price feeling ripped off.

Anyway, my quest to complete my pile of current gen console games before the next one comes out continues.

Tales of Vesperia, Judgement, The Last Guardian or the Ni-no-kuni 2 DLC is on the menu.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Nintendo sent me a marketing email telling me they had birthday gifts to give me but the website says it’s not my birthday month and now I don’t know what to believe.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tifa should be in Tekken but I would also accept her in Smash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keDwioqhlIY

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

doingitwrong posted:

Nintendo sent me a marketing email telling me they had birthday gifts to give me but the website says it’s not my birthday month and now I don’t know what to believe.

Don't worry, it's 20% off select 3DS and WiiU games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Steve Minecraft is just one more low blow to the poor bastards who hold on to their prayer beads for Geno or Waluigi.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Waluigi will be the very final addition to Smash. Once he's in, Smash will be complete an will stop evolving, and the world will stop along with it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My FF14 guild's weekly raids have come to an end for now I think, so instead of pizza night (I didn't make any dough) I'm probably going to have some vindaloo.

I don't have any naan so I will probably be using toast lol, this seems like something the British would do

Edit: well now I'm looking up naan recipes

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 1, 2020

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
Holy poo poo I could go for a good vindaloo.

Or a good chicken tikka masala.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

buttchugging adderall posted:

Holy poo poo I could go for a good vindaloo.

Or a good chicken tikka masala.

yeah i might be getting indian for dinner now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Adam Ragusea posted a video about making naan literally today, I feel surveilled now

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Don't worry, it's 20% off select 3DS and WiiU games

I don't even think they do that much anymore! My last birthday month, all I got was some wallpapers.

It was probably actually BETTER than discounts on games I don't want on systems I no longer play.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

The only reason a lot of people hate Minecraft so much is because it's popular with children, thanks.

I don't care for Steve but I also don't want to turn into a boomer complaining about the kids and their mine-crafts and fort-nites.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't care for Steve but I also don't want to turn into a boomer complaining about the kids and their mine-crafts and fort-nites.

I'll do it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Bingo should be you post normally for the month, then generate a card and fill it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I love the seeing posters uncritically quoting that Fortnite bullying story because it sounds exactly like the stuff parents were saying about video games when I was a kid.