Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

pacerhimself posted:

Feelin sick in the middle of pandemic, better go spread my germs around!

No but see it's all just a Democratic hoax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hellblazer187 posted:

If he dies is if automatically Pence as the nominee? This poo poo is so weird. Trump's suffering is personally satisfying but I don't like anything that up ends the race since if like like Biden was winning.

No, the Republicans have to decide on a new nominee and get them on all the ballots nationwide.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

What happens to so the votes already cast lmao

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

sean10mm posted:

No, the Republicans have to decide on a new nominee and get them on all the ballots nationwide.

Nah.

Worst case for them is no one is elected to president, but Pence is elected to VP, who then takes over for the president as he's next in line, then he appoints another VP.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anyone have a short video of trump making fun of people wearing masks?

My trumper brother is saying he was always supportive of masks and keeping people socially distant and it’s breaking my mind

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

sean10mm posted:

More than 2 million people have already voted, good luck with that!

Man this is going to be a wild Friday and it’s only October 2nd.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Medullah posted:

I somehow doubt that dude is the primary who will be on this. He's the public doctor, but Trump knows

let me just stop you right there

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hits keep coming.

https://twitter.com/parkermolloy/status/1312021538607161344?s=21

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Anyone have a short video of trump making fun of people wearing masks?

My trumper brother is saying he was always supportive of masks and keeping people socially distant and it’s breaking my mind

https://twitter.com/justdelossantos/status/1311896628916150274

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Glumwheels posted:

More than 2 million people have already voted, good luck with that!

Man this is going to be a wild Friday and it’s only October 2nd.

Technically speaking the names on the ballots are stand ins for electors to be pledged for the candidates in question, and those electors (as, largely, party loyalists) can be directed to vote for a replacement candidate instead. The plausibility of this strategy varies by state law and timing-- there are candidate-replacement procedures but using them this close to the election might not even be possible, and it's not clear how faithless elector laws would apply here.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

What a loving clown show of a party

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

“Who gives a gently caress about 200,000 innocent dead? Not us or god.”

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

That payoff was worth it.

This was the setup:
https://twitter.com/RMcElhenney/status/1311142467299717120

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Quorum posted:

Technically speaking the names on the ballots are stand ins for electors to be pledged for the candidates in question, and those electors (as, largely, party loyalists) can be directed to vote for a replacement candidate instead. The plausibility of this strategy varies by state law and timing-- there are candidate-replacement procedures but using them this close to the election might not even be possible, and it's not clear how faithless elector laws would apply here.

Someone from AZ posted a picture of their ballot in the old thread and iirc it did say Biden/Trump next to the check mark but underneath it in parenthesis it had a bunch of other names which I assume were the electors that were actually being voted on.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is susceptibility genetic? Cause this poo poo killed his brother.

Trust not to Hope, it has forsaken this Presidency.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Quorum posted:

Even if they can't be directed to vote for someone else, as long as the VP is elected and alive on inauguration day he or she would take over for the vacant president as next in line, and then would be free to appoint another VP.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

sean10mm posted:

Nitrousoxide posted:

Nah.

Worst case for them is no one is elected to president, but Pence is elected to VP, who then takes over for the president as he's next in line, then he appoints another VP.
Neither of these things. Because people don't vote for the President, they vote for electors who will vote in the "real" election, no one has to do anything except tell the electors who they should actually vote for, and both major parties say the VP candidate will be the presidential candidate and they'll pick a new VP real quick.

E: F,b.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Hellblazer187 posted:

If he dies is if automatically Pence as the nominee? This poo poo is so weird. Trump's suffering is personally satisfying but I don't like anything that up ends the race since if like like Biden was winning.

It wouldn't be automatic, but the RNC would likely name Pence the nominee, yes. Of course, ballots are already printed and cast in a lot of places, this will not happen tomorrow or anything like that, and things get murky if he died right before the election and even murkier if he died after the election but before the electoral college vote.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
So, someone who knows more about the Rona, does having symptoms this early almost certainly suggest he'll get worse symptoms later? Because I want to know how much I should temper my expectations.

Also, it's weird thinking "Wow, it's almost certain that someone high up in the Republican Party will die this month".

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

OK now I love coronavirus, don't let me down babey, inshallah

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So, someone who knows more about the Rona, does having symptoms this early almost certainly suggest he'll get worse symptoms later? Because I want to know how much I should temper my expectations.

Also, it's weird thinking "Wow, it's almost certain that someone high up in the Republican Party will die this month".

He's passed the first gateway to getting the more serious symptoms

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Showing symptoms is not good. Especially for someone of his age and fatassery.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

GreyjoyBastard posted:

let me just stop you right there

Heh can't argue with that, but I still think that since Donald Trump is, and always will be, Donald Trump's #1 concern he knows that Doc Brown is not the right person for this particular treatment.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

if she was last with trump on friday, she might have been patient zero

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/Willie_Beamerr/status/1311892910414143488?s=20

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 2, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Remember when Hillary felt sick at an event a few weeks before the election and suddenly she's unfit for office?

Not a single word from Republicans today, unsurprisingly.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

he literally tried to hide it. there were multiple attempts to bury this, who he got it from, and why. it leaked out before trump tweeted it. anyone else who ignores this fact is gonna get hit with a probe.

fair, i didn't know about the coverup and 2020 has me so beat down that a miracle like this happening seems impossible

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

So I went to sleep the night before my birthday with the knowledge that Hope Hicks had corona, and woke up on my birthday to find that Trump and his bitch wife do too. What a lovely surprise!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ivanka and Jared test negative.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Trump isn't allowed to die until at least November 4th, watching the blowout results as a miserable meat sac on ventilation.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

evilweasel posted:

the audacity of hope

The Incapacity of Hope

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Remember when Hillary felt sick at an event a few weeks before the election and suddenly she's unfit for office?

They probably have to workshop what manner of nonsense they're going to chant together. Since COVID being a democratic hoax may turn out to be hard to keep hammering on, they have to plan their routine so nobody's in the wrong key. I imagine they'll either try to hammer the "tolerant left" on not being kind or something, but if he actually plops off it wouldn't surprise me if they claim it was a terrorist BLM/ANTIFA plot that killed him.

It's treading toward conspiracy theory, but they're so deep in denial and the necessity of "opening the economy" that I don't think they'll take the hit of COVID being what does him in. They'll probably pivot to him surviving the disease/treatment, but being killed by something unrelated or underlying to avoid people suddenly supporting social distancing from the shock of it killing someone they actually care about.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

It finally hit their inner circle, exposing how incompetent and unprepared they were. This is the media message not “hopes and prayers” for Trump. They made their bed now they have to lie in it. They didn’t give a drat with killing our grandparents or kids why should we care about any of them?

This should also be the message of the day, turnabout is fair play. I don’t see why Hillary shouldn’t be out there saying it, it would be too sweet and cause the right to melt down.

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1312016397942378501

This is why you don’t suspend the campaign or give in to decorum. They didn’t care about Biden’s camp, now is not the time to take the high road.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ivanka and Jared test negative.

For now

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

i am harry posted:

So I went to sleep the night before my birthday with the knowledge that Hope Hicks had corona, and woke up on my birthday to find that Trump and his bitch wife do too. What a lovely surprise!

Happy birthday. You get one wish today. Make it a good one.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

This should also be the message of the day, turnabout is fair play. I don’t see why Hillary shouldn’t be out there saying it, it would be too sweet and cause the right to melt down.

it's one of those things best pushed through surrogates while biden himself stays above the fray

but yeah people are immediately going to "well look the loving moron got what was coming to him for his stupidity"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I genuinely don't want Trump to die from this. I want him to see his empire crumble, his cult giving up on him and his crimes catching up with him and his family. Then he may die.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cant cook creole bream posted:

I genuinely don't want Trump to die from this. I want him to see his empire crumble, his cult giving up on him and his crimes catching up with him and his family. Then he may die.

didn't it take cain a full month to die

hopefully he has a really loving nasty case of it, but i don't want him getting out of the rest of what's coming to him

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 2, 2020

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

trump has to live long enough to lose the election, go to prison for NY state charges, and watch his children go to prison too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hellblazer187 posted:

It is almost certainly too late to change ballots across several states. In the (still unlikely) event Trump passes away, voters still have to decide whether to vote for Trump / Pence or Biden / Harris. The Republicans would then, presumably, hold an emergency meeting of its 150-member national committee to pick a replacement ticket that it would direct its electors to vote for.

The last bit of this process might get a little messy given faithless elector laws across the several states. Unclear to me whether said states would require electors to vote for “Trump” even in the event of his absence from the ticket