Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
I Am Not A Physician but I've been listening to the clinicians on This Week in Virology https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/ and it seems like Donnie having all those symptoms early on suggests he's gonna be seriously ill. I'd bet on him being out of commission for at least a week and Pence will probably be acting President for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Groovelord Neato posted:

And I didn't think them burning a massive pile of money could get dumber.

https://twitter.com/Charliemagne/status/1312169979781865478?s=20

This is extremely disingenuous. Read the actual article and not go by the click-bait headline.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Captain Snaps posted:

So, what happens to that 400 million in debt that Trump has if he croaks? Do we get to look forward to his kids having to crawl out from under it while in prison?

Any real assets are probably in trusts and protected.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean that isn't a huge shock considering Joe Biden isn't in the hospital with the Covies,.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Another.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1312184081904361473

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

And THIS, folks, is why Biden was smart to do what he did.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Raenir Salazar posted:

This is extremely disingenuous. Read the actual article and not go by the click-bait headline.

Why should we reward a clickbait headline with pageviews?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

"Trump has the absolute mildest case of severe Covid any president has ever had"

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Murgos posted:

If enough R senators have the COVID to give the D's a temp majority the House needs to smash out an impeachment trial against Bill Barr ASAP.

Nah. Convene and pass a rule change to weight each senator's vote by their state's population.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:hmbol: remember that she retired already, so she attended as a fun little celebration as a civvy

She got quite the party favor there

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYpx8oDMQBU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Glumwheels posted:

What are you going on about? I don’t hate Biden or his wife and I’m not looking down on her for her job. Calm down.

If Biden is winding down the attack ads I certainly hope Lincoln project and the super pacs aren’t becuase I guarantee Trump won’t. Now is not the time for decorum, step on his neck and finish him.

Well you called her “Dr Jill” which has been used in USPOL derisively to imply that she’s some kind of pretender/coattail rider fluffing up her own status.

Apologies if that’s not what you meant

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Who else has been diagnosed?

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

arbybaconator posted:

We just need three.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They're gonna run out of hallpasses....

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

arbybaconator posted:

Mike Lee of Utah.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah, in the ad basically what happens is that they show a guy that says "I'm voting Trump, but Mitch is screwing me and this state so I'm voting Amy". Which is one of the magical R->D voters Democrats are trying to target to win.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1312186249818435584

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Biden can pull negative ads and still have negative stuff run by superpacs and other people and organizations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

So I'm gonna guess guess that all of the people in Judiciary committee meetings yesterday was likely infected as well

LMAO, an ad for ACB on CNN right now. Its hilarious that this all happened because they insisted on pushing through a SC nominee

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

The Glumslinger posted:

So I'm gonna guess guess that all of the people in Judiciary committee meetings yesterday was likely infected as well

Almost certainly.

I said this in the polls thread, but it bears repeating here: With Lee and Tillis out, the Judiciary Committee is 10 R and 10 D. If the GOP loses even one more senator on it to covid, it'll be majority Dem.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Raenir Salazar posted:

She's running an ad that posits Mitch McConnell as the biggest obstacle to Trump getting his agenda passed. You would have to squint pretty hard not to see that as an endorsement of Trump.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 3, 2020

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Rea posted:

Almost certainly.

I said this in the polls thread, but it bears repeating here: With Lee and Tillis out, the Judiciary Committee is 10 R and 10 D. If the GOP loses even one more senator on it to covid, it'll be majority Dem.

They could have waited until the lame duck but no, they had to be greedy and for once they might actually face consequences

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1312187013081120770

Yes the deteriorating starts later.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Edmund Lava posted:

They could have waited until the lame duck but no, they had to be greedy and for once they might actually face consequences

Why can't they still do that?

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

This entire Supreme Court nomination thing feels like that gif of the football player spiking the ball in the end zone, but it bounces into his nuts and he falls into another player who immediately forcefully pushes him down even harder. But instead of the football player, it’s the entire Republican Party.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
All of this happening because of the ACB nomination is just too much for me to process right now. Did Bill Barr get tested yet?

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

They still can, thats the rub. They have ~100 days to confirm the nominee but they tried to rush it in 30.

It'll look much worse confirming a SC nominee in the lame duck period, but by that point if they've lost the election they won't care about optics.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

They can, but if they lose the senate in the election and then push her through, it gives the Democrats a LOT of cover to pack the court.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

nachos posted:

All of this happening because of the ACB nomination is just too much for me to process right now. Did Bill Barr get tested yet?

yeah he was negative. but you can sometimes get false negatives because you haven't incubated enough virus for the test to detect

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rea posted:

Almost certainly.

Gonna push through a vote for SC nominee Merrick Garland :laugh:

(Yes, I know thats not how this works)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

SaturdayKnight posted:

This entire Supreme Court nomination thing feels like that gif of the football player spiking the ball in the end zone, but it bounces into his nuts and he falls into another player who immediately forcefully pushes him down even harder. But instead of the football player, it’s the entire Republican Party.

Why would you reference such a specific gif without just linking it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SaturdayKnight posted:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ok Comboomer posted:

And I’d much rather PhDs be called Dr than by their first names or “Mr/Ms xxxxx” the way the US press always does. It’s a big contributor to the sidelining of academics and subject matter experts, not just in the hard sciences.

As long as they don't become assholes about it. I had an engineering professor once who ripped into a student because they said "Mr. Rivera" accidentally instead of "Dr. Rivera", and he went off on them about how he didn't spend X years getting his Ph.D. to be called "Mr.".

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

They can,and they likely will, there’s no stopping her getting on the bench. Which is why the rush to get her confirmed in a month was so stupid and petty.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

SourKraut posted:

As long as they don't become assholes about it. I had an engineering professor once who ripped into a student because they said "Mr. Rivera" accidentally instead of "Dr. Rivera", and he went off on them about how he didn't spend X years getting his Ph.D. to be called "Mr.".

professors are like that. the best professors are the ones that let you call them by their first names imo

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

am i misreading this or are 37% of democrats completely checked out?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Jaxyon posted:

Why would you reference such a specific gif without just linking it

Because he knows people will do his work for him :saddowns:

https://i.imgur.com/xxmItma.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Crossposting again from the polls thread:

quote:

I can't find the list right now, but I do remember seeing earlier that Crapo, Sasse, and Hawley were in attendance alongside Lee and Tillis. Going by the pictures of the event, I assume none of them were wearing masks.

It is entirely possible that the GOP loses almost half of its Judiciary Committee members because of that superspreader event.