Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

So if dude kicks the bucket, is there anyone left in government that knows what to do? Like not the people who will be out doing the messaging. I mean the people that surely existed 4 years ago, off somewhere in some forgotten corner of the Federal government planning for something like this. Are any of them still employed? I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

A rehabilitation speedrun. He will be a saint by next month.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1312219800358313984?s=20

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

at least two glaring problems here:

1. lung cancer ain't contagious
2. trump's not our "friend"

corona and lung cancer are both bad, but not worse than lib brain apparently

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

And don't think for a moment that their dear Claudia hasn't found her own angle.

But at least it's a very entertaining one.

I cut Claudia a little more slack because pretty much every teenager in 2020 is trying to be an instagram/tiktok "influencer" (especially now that they can't really go outside) and she doesn't seem to hold the same abhorrent opinions of her parents. And living in that house has to suck.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

Catholics haven't really cared about divorce in forever. Pope even said we should chill.

Francis reformed annullment but without the church nullifying a marriage, divorced people cannot take communion. That's a huge deal.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anno posted:

So if dude kicks the bucket, is there anyone left in government that knows what to do? Like not the people who will be out doing the messaging. I mean the people that surely existed 4 years ago, off somewhere in some forgotten corner of the Federal government planning for something like this. Are any of them still employed? I hope so.

Heh,

Oh they know how to govern. Lets just say every judge slot that sits empty will be filled with an anti abortion judge to destroy abortion. Barrett confirmation fast. Pence is a gay man who wishes nothing than to kill gays because his desire for gay love is so great he can only respond with virulent anger and harm other days to fufill his inner hatred.

This is pence.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Sorry if this was already posted:

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1309968659381706755

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

They also haven't fired everyone who told them what would happen, pissed on the graves of others who died the same way, and stuffed fistfuls of lit cigarettes in their mouth, Rachael.

Try again.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

real shame. there was an innocent victim there: an nyt reporter

the first non-lovely casualty of tyhpoid amy

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
gently caress off, MSNBC, with your decorum.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Maddow is the only one doing this - all the other coverage is focused on how they all refused to wear masks

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

punishedkissinger posted:

Didn't two journalists have it as well? Would that mean some people in the back should be circled as well?

https://twitter.com/njohnarmour/status/1312209450854277120/photo/1

Remember that there were also several indoor components to the event for VIPs, but we don't have press photos of that part. It was probably spread while they were inside rather than sitting for the ceremony

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

This is probably a strategic play on Maddow's part because I am sure the Republicans would like nothing more than to make her or some other talking head be the one who is cursing our precious Donald, and while they will surely find something, there is no reason to help them out.

The core news story kind of speaks for itself.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I wish people wouldn't treat sympathy like a moral absolute. There is an ethical event horizon people can pass through, beyond which it is acceptable, and I would even argue proper, to rescind your sympathy.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I will enjoy every single loving bit of the schadenfreude, Rachel. And I won'tn't lose one single bit of sleep.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

hey can someone link me her expression of sympathy and humanity when bernie had heart surgery real quick

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
It seems forever ago already, but that pissy response Trump gave about why he was still having in person rallies compared to Biden's socially distanced events...

So many good attack ads shelved in the name of "decency" that only ever seems to extend one way.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scott Adams right now, probably: "Well I was thinking Trump lost my vote by getting COVID, but all you gloating leftists have put me more solidly in his camp than ever, good job"

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the lungs

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This is the most insane time to be alive. Now all these old gently caress Republicans are getting it. This is like a goddamn Stephen King book or a loving early 2000's water color tv series.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I will enjoy every single loving bit of the schadenfreude, Rachel. And I won'tn't lose one single bit of sleep.

I'm losing sleep because I can't not keep pulling the triple 7's lever of fun that is today's news cycle. Like at this rate we're gonna get 2 more Republican Senator Covid confirmations before the night is through!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This is bizarre and amazing and I feel like if I go to sleep for even 15 minutes things will go even more apeshit. No one knows what will happen next. No one!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Skippy McPants posted:

I wish people wouldn't treat sympathy like a moral absolute. There is an ethical event horizon people can pass through, beyond which it is acceptable, and I would even argue proper, to rescind your sympathy.

Lot easier to be noble with a 7 million dollar a year salary so you don’t have to worry about watching your kids or affording medical care when you catch Rona from a loving chud who won’t mask up.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I will enjoy this thank you bb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Maddow famously was literal friends with Roger Ailes and a bunch of other far right freaks, she's not anyone to the right of Nixon's friend no matter how much she pretends to be gay lisa simpson. She always has much more kindness to spare the far right that want to shock the queer out of her than she does for the left who want to tax her because she genuinely only views one of those as a real threat.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

Nessus posted:

This is probably a strategic play on Maddow's part because I am sure the Republicans would like nothing more than to make her or some other talking head be the one who is cursing our precious Donald, and while they will surely find something, there is no reason to help them out.

The core news story kind of speaks for itself.

Ah, well, as long as she is doing it because she has calculated it will personally benefit her I guess we can't find any fault.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

sexpig by night posted:

Maddow famously was literal friends with Roger Ailes and a bunch of other far right freaks, she's not anyone to the right of Nixon's friend no matter how much she pretends to be gay lisa simpson. She always has much more kindness to spare the far right that want to shock the queer out of her than she does for the left who want to tax her because she genuinely only views one of those as a real threat.

The corruption of wealth knows no boundaries.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
"The president who downplayed and covered up a deadly pandemic that ravaged his country getting sick with the disease" is perfect. That's in a book, goodamnit. It's a satisfying denouement for this year, and if he dies, it's the just narrative conclusion of his entire presidency.

I think I will feel what I feel, Maddow

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Dick Trauma posted:

This is bizarre and amazing and I feel like if I go to sleep for even 15 minutes things will go even more apeshit. No one knows what will happen next. No one!

I went to bed last night and woke up to the news that Trump had tested positive. I took a nap after work and woke up to the news that Trump was being taken to Walter Reed. Conclusion: Trump's condition will worsen every time I sleep. Time to settle in for the weekend.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Grondoth posted:

"The president who downplayed and covered up a deadly pandemic that ravaged his country getting sick with the disease" is perfect. That's in a book, goodamnit. It's a satisfying denouement for this year, and if he dies, it's the just narrative conclusion of his entire presidency.

I think I will feel what I feel, Maddow

And that it happened at the ceremony for the supreme court seat they're trying to steal

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
It's more like 'what if a stranger who had personally sworn that if they ever had the chance they would kill you, and who had already murdered literally tens of thousands of people, maimed more than that, and also raped a bunch of women, including possibly children, accidentally got seriously injured when they tripped and fell on the murder weapon they had previously used.'

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

She isn't talking to you. She's talking to Sarah, the 38 year old mother of two in Ohio who hates abortion but wants some decency back in the White House, who will see this clip on Facebook Watch.

I mean, I hate it too, Trump deserves everything he gets, but she isn't talking to you.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Anno posted:

Huh? The vast majority of the government operates with no interaction whatsoever from the President even in a functional administration, and this one has been rudderless for its entire existence.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Ms Adequate posted:

I've been watching some CNN and NBC, CNN especially has been trying to restrain themselves from outright saying "lmao you gently caress around, you find out" NBC has been a little more decorumy but there's still a little hint of it, they've really been saying stuff along the lines of "What the gently caress were these idiots doing what kind of covid security did they have?!" with like, a hint of bafflement that the administration apparently huffed their own farts so completely and seem to have genuinely thought covid was no big deal and not worth taking any special measures for, and "Wow like everyone in the WH is wearing a mask now. WEAR YOUR MASK"

Well that’s I guess a good start, let’s see what happens as this plays out. The media really has a job here to call this bullshit out and to remind people Trump made this mess himself.

She is the loving worst.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ratspeaker posted:

I went to bed last night and woke up to the news that Trump had tested positive. I took a nap after work and woke up to the news that Trump was being taken to Walter Reed. Conclusion: Trump's condition will worsen every time I sleep. Time to settle in for the weekend.

Hey it's a Friday night, sleep in and finish the job.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Huh? The vast majority of the government operates with no interaction whatsoever from the President even in a functional administration, and this one has been rudderless for its entire existence.

I realize that. I'm just hoping he didn't fire them all out of spite sometime in the last 4 years like he did any number of other critical career public officials. Mostly I'm just looking to put some of my worry and uncertainty into words because why not?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Anno posted:

I realize that. I'm just hoping he didn't fire them all out of spite sometime in the last 4 years like he did any number of other critical career public officials. Mostly I'm just looking to put some of my worry and uncertainty into words because why not?
The top echelons of the executive branch get replaced with each administration and Biden was there fairly recently, so he or Harris could probably just call up a lot of the old hands if they just needed operational figures. Trump's bullshit appears to have run off a lot of career civil servants but not ALL of them.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Have you seen the picture of Conway standing like a foot and a half way from Barr speaking to him face to face? Please please Barr next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

SalTheBard posted:

Have you seen the picture of Conway standing like a foot and a half way from Barr speaking to him face to face? Please please Barr next.

Conway probably caught it there, she wouldn't have been infectious for a few days