Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So the current Wizard101 area I'm in is the lost world of Celestia where the Marleybonians have been doing an expedition there to discover the history of what happened to the Celestian civilization and also are hoping to uncover the secrets of the 3 magic schools of Celestia, Star, Moon, and Sun magic.

However, the Marleybonians ended up being attacked by Crustaceans who are just generally running amuck because they think they are smart but the lore book for their area specifically points out that Celestia only ever saw them as a kingdom of jesters who have no idea what they're doing. Also, the Crustaceans operated out of an underwater grotto that I had to enter by utilizing ancient Celestian technology to allow us to breathe underwater despite us already being able to do so many zones ago when we had to go aid not-Elvis-as-a-crab in Crab Alley of Wizard City (also a Crustacean empire but a separate, friendly one that is not related to the the Celestian one and is focused around their King's desire to jam out on a guitar and sing music and not actually think about doing any king-related poo poo because he's super dumb and all of the crabs are dumb considering the king of Crab Alley was usurped by an imposter who looks nothing like him, is from a different species, and couldn't even properly maintain his alias as king and kept using his real name instead, but that's another tangent entirely)

where was I

so we stopped the Celestian crabs from continuing to break poo poo but now we have to go fight the Pisceans who are basically some bruisers who work for the Crustaceans and the Pisceans are shark people.

Before that though I had to stop the Crustacean kingdom's attempts to destroy reality through the summoning of the ancient fish deity who forever slumbers, awaiting a cult to finally bring him out of his sleep, the all powerful elder god Cablooey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crosspostin' from the boardgame thread

Infinitum posted:

My Crokinole board arrived today, which is faaaaaantastic as I'm hosting a board game day tomorrow and the lads don't know it's arrived.

I'll take some better action shots tomorrow, but I figured I'd post some before and after waxing photos.

Here's how the board arrived fresh out of the box. It felt like there was a very very thin layer of wax on it already, if at all, but after a few test flicks I wasn't happy with it. The lack of wax is best seen in the gutter, but there was a weird finish all over the Rosewood veneer. Having to wax the board myself was fine as I was expecting that I would need to do it before play anyway.

I applied a layer of Mother's California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax, and allowed it to dry for a few hours while I did some other things.

Final result post-buffing.

Played a couple of rounds with Mum who seemed to really like it, this shot gives a better idea of how well it came up after buffing.

Overall I'm excited to finally have my board arrive. It's obviously an entry level board from Kickstarter, but I knew what I was getting and this 100% meets expectations.
It arrived undamaged, other than some very very very minor scuffing, and is rock solid.

Very pleased with it

I'll probably post some more thoughts after taking it for a more thorough spin tomorrow. I may apply another layer of wax to reaaaaally get it slippery, but I'll see how it plays first.
Now I just need to find somewhere to loving hang it...

So yeah I'll post some more thoughts tomorrow, otherwise very happy with it for the moment.

Mode 7 posted:

I should have gone with the rosewood over maple, that looks gorgeous.

Yeah I was going back and forth if I wanted the maple finish, but I feel this is more 'unique' and looks a lot better in person than what the photos showed.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hundreds of dollars... what fraction of a new console did this cost

It cost $200AUD, including shipping, which was how much I paid as a deposit on my PS5.
This is a regularly run Kickstater, and this was the first time they offered international shipping.

Relax Or DIE posted:

this is the loving fairy bread of board games

What have you got against fairy bread? :toughguy:

Acerbatus posted:

I haven't thought about that since my great aunt died. I half thought it was something she just made up.

Crokinole has been around since 1867! It's meant to be quite popular in Canada from what I've heard.
It's also the 5th best Family Game, and the 67th Best Game Overall on BGG

tl;dr Try Crokinole if you can, cause then you'll want to buy a board yourself :hmmyes:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

What have you got against fairy bread? :toughguy:

It’s sprinkles on toast mate.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It’s sprinkles on toast mate.

If you're toasting fairy bread, you're doing it wrong.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

If you're toasting fairy bread, you're doing it wrong.

That’s even worse I thought it was the same thing as the Dutch sprinkles on toast thing but it’s so much worse.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Maybe I just like toast

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dunno what you're thinking of mate, but this is fairy bread. And if you're a kid, this is pure gold.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

It’d be better on toast with butter.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's 100s & 1000s on buttered bread.
It's an institution.

Anything else is an abomination. :colbert:

Fuckin toast? Give yourself an uppercut.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Crokinole has been around since 1867! It's meant to be quite popular in Canada from what I've heard.

Can confirm. I’ve never really thought about where the boards come from, just always had a vague idea that they eventually emerge fully formed inside family cottages. I didn’t realize that was a Canadian thing until watching the threads act like you’d discovered an alien.

E: and to be honest even then I didn’t clock that it was a Canadian thing, I just figured most of you had never been to a cottage.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 3, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

It's 100s & 1000s on buttered bread.
It's an institution.

Anything else is an abomination. :colbert:

Fuckin toast? Give yourself an uppercut.

You’re lucky I’m on the other side of the world :argh:

Go eat some freakin’ vegemite.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

*sigh* I guess it's time to get into a fight about fairy bread again

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

saying toast would be better... you just don't understand! the bread must be soft, so the hundreds and thousands can properly imprint! toast would crack and crumble, it just wouldn't work.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

saying toast would be better... you just don't understand! the bread must be soft, so the hundreds and thousands can properly imprint! toast would crack and crumble, it just wouldn't work.

That’s what the butter is for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Go eat some freakin’ vegemite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcBNpbZjmPw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Looking at old notes, closest thing I have to a diary

:smithicide:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

What the gently caress

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Didn’t we have the fairy bread argument like a month ago? Reset the counter to 0 folks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fairy bread, more like scrub tier donuts

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every pic makes it look bone dry and extremely unappetizing

Weedle
May 31, 2006

idk if this would count as “real” fairy bread but i think some lightly toasted white bread with butter and maybe like half the amount of sprinkles in that pic sounds pretty tasty

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I would put cinnamon-sugar on buttered toast as a thing. Does that have a colloquialism?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

CUBEY REAL

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This is how he looks.

That presentation was nuts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

traviiiiiisssss

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

British people and British colonies should be banned from food talk

I've seen British sandwiches, the whole island is hosed up.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Grapplejack posted:

British people and British colonies should be banned from food talk

I've seen British sandwiches, the whole island is hosed up.

Bread > Sausages > Bread

What's hosed up about that?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

British people like to take food such as peaches & cream and name it something like spotted hamwank while naming the most foul tasting substances on earth Jubilee Delight I find.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BisbyWorl posted:

CUBEY REAL

holy poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder if Olivia Jaimes has been reading foodposting

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1312264927613194240?s=09

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo Minecraft Steve is insane in Smash

The amount of detail the Smash team put into Steve's moveset is some next level poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What game is this?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hadn't really bought into the hype for the new Crash game but it actually looks kinda neat?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

What game is this?

That’s Shock Troopers for the NeoGeo

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wonder if Olivia Jaimes has been reading foodposting

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1312264927613194240?s=09

We know you're Olivia Jaimes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

British people like to take food such as peaches & cream and name it something like spotted hamwank while naming the most foul tasting substances on earth Jubilee Delight I find.

i found out like a month ago that cheese and onion sandwiches weren't a joke from void bastards about food in the future being a tasteless, awful combination of garbage but is actually a real sandwich that british people view as cultural cuisine

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Another sandwich I found out about while looking at the wiki page was tuna and sweet corn, which is literally just tuna spread, with corn kernals mixed in. It's insane, who the gently caress would ever do that

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

I will never be able to forgive sunshine mario for not having a long jump

Super Mario Sunshine TECHNICALLY has a long jump, but it's not a real long jump. You can dive out of the start of a backflip or spin jump and launch yourself just like a long jump, which is what they do all the time in the speedruns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

stev posted:

Bread > Sausages > Bread

What's hosed up about that?

That’s a hotdog