Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DynamicSloth posted:

The biggest upside of him dying is that it would make millions of Americans take Covid seriously who otherwise would not, literally nothing else will reach those people and they will absolutely revert to form if he pops back on TV recovered talking about how it was no big deal.

Dude, its America.
There will be more 'HE WUZ KILLED BY HILLARY/CHINESE/ILLUMINATI/IRAN/REVERSE VAMPIRES' than converts.
gently caress, we have already seen people where one of their relatives died to Covid, and they still think it was a hoax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

dr_rat posted:

Even if Trump ends up having what amounts to mild flu symptoms, which is at the moment is what has been -officially I guess? god the information released has been such a god drat mess- confirmed that he has, that alone usually has a hell of recovery time, let alone factoring in his age and general lifestyle.

Add in the stress of the fact his campaign is totally off the rails. Even if everything goes 100% in his favor, he's still going to be very much trying to recover by the time of the election.

Yeah I got the rona back in like... April? May? And had about as minor a case as you can get while still being symptomatic - some coughing, bit of a fever - and it still wiped me the gently caress out for like two weeks where I had zero energy at all. And now I still have an occasional cough that flares up now and again.

Now, I'm a goon, so obviously I'm not in the best of physical condition, but I'm also in better shape than the President. Not that I'm saying it's certain to kill him, but from what we do know so far he's well past the point where he'll bounce back at full strength by mid-October.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question. How are House and Senate proceedings being held in the States during the pandemic? In Canada we've only recently gone back to sittings and even then the majority of MPs are working from home and participating via ZOOM conferences. We've even had House of Commons votes taking place with this setup. Has the USA been using a dual system to allow Congress and the Senate to operate from home or have you had full in-house sittings for voting matters?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Question. How are House and Senate proceedings being held in the States during the pandemic? In Canada we've only recently gone back to sittings and even then the majority of MPs are working from home and participating via ZOOM conferences. We've even had House of Commons votes taking place with this setup. Has the USA been using a dual system to allow Congress and the Senate to operate from home or have you had full in-house sittings for voting matters?

The Republicans

1. Run the Senate
2. Downplayed the seriousness of COVID-19
3. Have been acting as though taking even the most basic of precautions is a shot in the culture war against Trump

I'll let you do the math from there :v:

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah I got the rona back in like... April? May? And had about as minor a case as you can get while still being symptomatic - some coughing, bit of a fever - and it still wiped me the gently caress out for like two weeks where I had zero energy at all. And now I still have an occasional cough that flares up now and again.

Now, I'm a goon, so obviously I'm not in the best of physical condition, but I'm also in better shape than the President. Not that I'm saying it's certain to kill him, but from what we do know so far he's well past the point where he'll bounce back at full strength by mid-October.

Same.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So I’m sitting here thinking about pence the dominionist becoming president when trumo dies in the next week and trying to calm my wife because a lot of his damage would come via executive order and can be undone almost immediately.

However he also might try to drum up support to blame China. And also might want to get the military involved. I know congress has to formally declare war but that hasn’t stopped unilateral action from executive since 9/11. This actually has me kinda worried and I don’t know how much hesitation a dominionist End of Times dude would have to use nukes.

Zophar posted:

Mike Pence is not firing nukes at anything between now and January 20th 2021.

I don’t seriously think he will either however there’s a chance he uses conflict with China to gently caress with the election and transition of power. Not putting their desperation for fulfilled prophecy past anything.

Fallom posted:

Just out of curiosity how successful do you think the Republicans have been at driving support for war with China over the coronavirus and what do you think Pence would do to push it over the edge?

Not much and not much however I think that math changes when trump dies. Most notably both pence and pomeo have already pushed this line and both are dominionist End Times crazies.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 3, 2020

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

skylined! posted:

So I’m sitting here thinking about pence the dominionist becoming president when trumo dies in the next week and trying to calm my wife because a lot of his damage would come via executive order and can be undone almost immediately.

However he also might try to drum up support to blame China. And also might want to get the military involved. I know congress has to formally declare war but that hasn’t stopped unilateral action from executive since 9/11. This actually has me kinda worried and I don’t know how much hesitation a dominionist End of Times dude would have to use nukes.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

At a minimum Fischer, Blackburn, Crapo, Hawley, Sasse and Loeffler should be in quarantine as well.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fritz the Horse posted:

He's an osteopath. Which is certainly a legitimate flavor of medical doctor, but very far from an infectious disease expert.

So uh what he was hired to deal with Donny's boneitis

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

skylined! posted:

Just out of curiosity how successful do you think the Republicans have been at driving support for war with China over the coronavirus and what do you think Pence would do to push it over the edge?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Why isn't Hawley in quarantine? He was right there, with no mask on.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Judakel posted:

Why isn't Hawley in quarantine? He was right there, with no mask on.

Because these people are shitheads. Jordan refused to quarantine despite being maskless near Hicks and the Trumps. Barr also refused.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Data Graham posted:

So uh what he was hired to deal with Donny's boneitis

Osteopaths started off as bullshit doctors and are now basically the same thing as a regular non bullshit doctor with a class in one semester in bullshit.

They are not automatically a red flag because the modern degrees are equivalent to MDs and let you get licensed as a real doctor but. Still. It doesn’t actually mean you’re a bone doctor. That’s an orthopedic doctor.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!

Fritz the Horse posted:

He's an osteopath. Which is certainly a legitimate flavor of medical doctor, but very far from an infectious disease expert.

I will step in and note that in the US, osteopaths are 'basically a doctor'. They do legitimate doctor things, the name is protected, you can't just do a two-year degree or anything.

Outside of the US, osteopaths are (often) bullshit peddlers on the same level as a chiropractor.

Just a note.

e: ^^ :spergin: same idea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1312442502968877057

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/CharlotteAlter/status/1312455851450408966?s=20

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

skylined! posted:

There is zero chance of getting into a military conflict with China at present. There's a possibility for a bunch of silly economic bullshit that helps nobody, but nobody is stupid enough for war, there's no strategic value in it.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
https://twitter.com/FernieCommaAlex/status/1312456498916646912

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

That’s burying the lede a bit. The big point is that the Russian efforts are still helping Trump.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hahahaha $250,000 and all they can do is a buffet

Holy gently caress

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1312467193343295488

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

skylined! posted:

Mike Pence would not start a war or really do much of anything. He wouldn't have time or the political clout. He'd just sign bills.

The military might be partially apolitical but if a president marched into the situation room and demanded a military fight with China for no real reason, I imagine no sane general would follow through with the orders. We gain nothing and lose everything even if we win militarily.

Going to war with another industrial nation requires years of planning, preparation, and propaganda.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zophar posted:

You say that but then if someone walks past his favorite horse and gives it a bit of the old seductive eyes, you better believe Pence is nuking their house.

He'll salt the earth after too, don't think he won't do it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

There is zero chance of getting into a military conflict with China at present. There's a possibility for a bunch of silly economic bullshit that helps nobody, but nobody is stupid enough for war, there's no strategic value in it.

I’m not willing to put anything past these people from trying to hold onto power, and a dead president is a great way to try to draw up support for anything.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

my God he's dead isn't he

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

smoobles posted:

Hahahaha $250,000 and all they can do is a buffet

Holy gently caress

The buffet lunch was absolutely done because it's the least socially distant kind of lunch they could have, as way to mock the hoax of COVID-19, the thing that the event's center of attention was contagious with.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/normornstein/status/1312470836729667589?s=21

Too bad he does not have the guts.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

he's either very close to dying or one of those three organs is going into failure.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

To be fair to Trump, he might not have noticed the Covid-induced loss of taste if he ordered his usual so well-done it breaks the plate steak with ketchup.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

YanniRotten posted:

my God he's dead isn't he

This is just standard bullshit.

Now if larry kudlow had said it...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

How bout them lungs? :lol:

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Gorka's definitely not allowed near the President, and no one else is saying this. And there's not even picture evidence. Why the gently caress would he tweet this?

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Gorka's definitely not allowed near the President, and no one else is saying this. And there's not even picture evidence. Why the gently caress would he tweet this?
The same reason he does anything, to boost himself to relevance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

THE DRAGON OF BUDAPEST IS CURRENTLY EN ROUTE TO THE GRAND HOSPITALLER CHAMBER TO IMBIBE THE SOUL OF THE GREAT TRUMP... PURELY FOR SAFE KEEPING, OF COURSE

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

The buffet lunch was absolutely done because it's the least socially distant kind of lunch they could have, as way to mock the hoax of COVID-19, the thing that the event's center of attention was contagious with.

The buffet lunch was done because it was simultaneously the cheapest and gaudiest option.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Rs in quarantine will be on the Senate floor in five minutes if needed. They will not give the slightest poo poo about it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
America should declare war on Covid-19.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Deteriorata posted:

The Rs in quarantine will be on the Senate floor in five minutes if needed. They will not give the slightest poo poo about it.

Now if they're fully incapacitated or dead, then we might have something

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What a crazy way to find out about the death of a president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I wouldn't go by a single unsourced tweet as to what capabilities the Democrats have, and there may be other factors not being mentioned or considered that are quite reasonable such that it isn't a matter of lacking spine (especially since Schumer and Dems do by all accounts seem to be taking this nomination seriously as an illegitimate affront to the values they hold dear).