Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Like just read the US constitution. It clearly states, If one of more of the presidential candidates die during an election, each party peak a representative to spend a night in the haunted mansion and who ever is still there at the end of the night wins the inheritance.

Look this isn't that hard people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Dark Project posted:

I need to go to bed, but I am so stuck wanting to stay up to see how this keeps unfolding. If I go to sleep and Trump dies, I am going to be pretty mad, so make sure you keep him pumped full of those wonderful life magic drugs that some people seem to believe in.

If he lives, man I hope he suffers like no one else has suffered from this. I want it to be just the loving worst for him. He still needs to pay for his crimes, this shouldn't be his way out.

The chance that there's going to be a development bigger than "another republican caught it" in the next 24 hours or so is pretty small, you want to be in a state to appreciate it when it does happen.

Seph posted:

But it is a fair point that others have brought up though, even if he survives he could still be incapacitated for weeks/months. I just think it's a bit early to start dancing on his grave.

But yeah, do not get overly invested in him actually dying, that is still not a very likely outcome overall.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

he's gotta survive long enough to be convicted in New York alongside his kids

Chances of him surviving for a couple of years after he leaves office seem vanishingly small.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is good and all, but we know that Dems have said they are way more likely to vote by mail than the GOP is. GOP voters tend to vote on election day.

In the past, that hasn't been true, which you can see from the 2016 numbers they provided in those very tweets. Vote-by-mail turnout used to have a significant chunk of ancient conservative assholes.

But, now, who knows? It's a promising sign that should be tempered with "past trends are useless in the face of 2020's all-consuming chaos."

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Deptfordx posted:

Even if he doesn't die, there's no way he's going to be healthy enough to get back out on the campaign trail before the election.

Boris Johnson was in hospital for a week, he was out of action for a month, and even then he was looking exhausted.

There’s no way Trump will be back out campaigning.

With the slim possibility that he’s well enough, and able to, he’ll have the fear of dying etched in his brain.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Glumslinger posted:

He's not gonna die today, this disease isn't that fast unless he caught it like a week earlier than we think
It took Herman Cain like 5 weeks from infection to death. The election is less than a month away.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
The biggest upside of him dying is that it would make millions of Americans take Covid seriously who otherwise would not, literally nothing else will reach those people and they will absolutely revert to form if he pops back on TV recovered talking about how it was no big deal.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I want Trump to live forever. The best outcome is being laid out up through the election and ending up with hosed up lungs and heart.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Look on the bright side, Donnie! At least now you no longer have to worry about catching it!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

One sad conversation is that we have definitely passed the window in which any stimulus would get to anyone before the election. There are too many physical, material, structural and legal impediments to doing it in <4 weeks. This probably makes Republicans less likely to actually support more stimulus checks or other grants/loans.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Crackbone posted:

Chances of him surviving for a couple of years after he leaves office seem vanishingly small.

He would have died almost immediately after leaving office. Narcissists like that need an ever increasing high and there’s no way he can replicate being loving president.

Also this campaign is now dead so relax and take solace that we won’t have pissbaby tweeting at his followers to do a voter intimidation

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I’d love to see him survive to the election and die of despair when they announce he’s lost but sorry I mean thoughts and prayers

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Oodles posted:

Boris Johnson was in hospital for a week, he was out of action for a month, and even then he was looking exhausted.

There’s no way Trump will be back out campaigning.

With the slim possibility that he’s well enough, and able to, he’ll have the fear of dying etched in his brain.

Relatively healthy friend of mine was in the hospital for a week with it back in April. He lost like 30 pounds, took him weeks to get back to moving around somewhat normally, and strenuous activity (I'm talking about walking up a hill) knocks the breath out of him. This disease absolutely devastates you.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I’d love to see him survive to the election and die of despair when they announce he’s lost but sorry I mean thoughts and prayers

I picture Longshanks in Braveheart

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It took Herman Cain like 5 weeks from infection to death. The election is less than a month away.

This lines up with my dream scenario where Trump dies on November 4th after witnessing a crushing electoral defeat.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DynamicSloth posted:

The biggest upside of him dying is that it would make millions of Americans take Covid seriously who otherwise would not, literally nothing else will reach those people and they will absolutely revert to form if he pops back on TV recovered talking about how it was no big deal.

For some maybe. For most of the idiots that still don't take it seriously, they'll just throw it on the "actually it's the dems who killed him" conspiracy pile.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1312469829199093760

Sounds like they're laying the groundwork for a boycott.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1312469829199093760

Sounds like they're laying the groundwork for a boycott.

I think they can gently caress up the process more if they’re not boycotting. I think the real play here is to see if senator grassley (87 years old) is willing to risk his own life for this.

Edit whoops grassley isn’t the head of judiciary anymore but they don’t need to pull many more republicans to stop the process.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 3, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I know it won't happen but if Trump's insistence in stealing a SC seat lead to both his death and it failing that would be something future history books would claim is something made up to discredit him because there is no way the universe is that pat

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I think they can gently caress up the process more if they’re not boycotting. I think the real play here is to see if senator grassley (87 years old) is willing to risk his own life for this.

they absolutely cannot gently caress the process up more by not boycotting, if by boycotting they can deny a quorum. they can always show up when republicans assemble one

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I know it won't happen but if Trump's insistence in stealing a SC seat lead to both his death and it failing that would be something future history books would claim is something made up to discredit him because there is no way the universe is that pat

Hubris. Someone, either in this thread or one of the others discussing this made a mention about checking Olympus to see if the Greek gods were back.

This is really like the end of a Greek Tragedy where the protagonist gets hoisted on his own petard but instead of one protagonist it's the whole senior republican leadership.

Edit:

evilweasel posted:

they absolutely cannot gently caress the process up more by not boycotting, if by boycotting they can deny a quorum. they can always show up when republicans assemble one

I'm picturing one junior R and one junior D sitting in a committee chamber. The R gets up and calls the meeting to order. The D calls for a role call. They sit there for 20 minutes at the clerk calls the roll and waits for people who aren't there to answer. Finally, it completes, they enter a motion to resume tomorrow due to the lack of a quorum.

"See, ya tomorrow Todd?", "See ya tomorrow Bill"

And they both walk out of the room.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 3, 2020

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

"The president is reported to be in good spirits, much like Nelson after his victory at Trafalgar."

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

an AOL chatroom posted:

Relatively healthy friend of mine was in the hospital for a week with it back in April. He lost like 30 pounds, took him weeks to get back to moving around somewhat normally, and strenuous activity (I'm talking about walking up a hill) knocks the breath out of him. This disease absolutely devastates you.

There was a before and after photo doing the rounds a few months back. Pre-Covid he was absolutely ripped, in the after picture he looked like he'd been deflated to 2/3rds size.

Edit: Found it. https://www.webcenterfairbanks.com/content/news/Before-and-after-pictures-show-nurses-battle-with-coronavirus-570663331.html

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Data Graham posted:

This doctor sounds top notch

He's an osteopath. Which is certainly a legitimate flavor of medical doctor, but very far from an infectious disease expert.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

DynamicSloth posted:

Amazing that people still believe that. They're just going to reframe it as a targeted attack from the chinese.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

an AOL chatroom posted:

Even if Trump ends up having what amounts to mild flu symptoms, which is at the moment is what has been -officially I guess? god the information released has been such a god drat mess- confirmed that he has, that alone usually has a hell of recovery time, let alone factoring in his age and general lifestyle.

Add in the stress of the fact his campaign is totally off the rails. Even if everything goes 100% in his favor, he's still going to be very much trying to recover by the time of the election.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

evilweasel posted:

A Judiciary Committee quorum requires two members of the minority. Of course McConnell has already made it plenty clear that he's going to have a senate vote held regardless of the committee.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

evilweasel posted:

Senate quorum is 51 senators so leaving the Senate does nothing at their current numbers unless they can get 3 Republican senators to flee with them which, like, right.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wait isn't trump 45 years old and under 200 lbs? Why would he die from Covid being at peak fitness just coming off a 7 summit climb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fritz the Horse posted:

He's an osteopath. Which is certainly a legitimate flavor of medical doctor, but very far from an infectious disease expert.

wait what?! Why is he the point man for this???

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I believe McConnell can just push it to the floor if he does not have quorum on the committee.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

sexpig by night posted:

I assume the other doctors Trump talked to over the years didn't flatter him enough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Glass of Milk posted:

I picture Longshanks in Braveheart

I'd settle for Humperdink from Princess Bride. To the Pain.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Dave posted:

Still like 80 at absolute worst right? It’s too delightful to think about it taking him but I roll my eyes hard at the posters that literally took the diagnosis as a “death sentence”.

The last big thing to happen to him that led to all this also had a 20% chance of taking place so

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

insta posted:

Plus, he's gotten away with literally everything else. 2020 doesn't owe us anything.

I'm looking at the same dataset and saying "no, 2020 owes us quite a loving lot"

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

Ya his campaign is over. His campaign manager has covid, his digital manager is in jail, he is about to die. It’s all over. The trump era is loving dead.

There’s plenty of reason to think what is next is going to be bad but it won’t include trump.

It looks like the few big worries coming up is what the armed chuds are going to do. Trump left them with "Stand back, stand by", so some of them are probably going to try to go out in a blaze of glory.

There's also the power vacuum created by the US not having a "working" leader in place, so China and Russia might take this as a queue to make their next big moves.

Plus, who knows how the stock investment cult will take this news. Will this be the straw that breaks the economy's back?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

sexpig by night posted:

He was hand picked by former WH doc Ronny "Candy Man" Jackson. Remember that Ronny Jackson was the guy who released a letter saying Trump was in perfect health and could probably live to 200 based on his superhuman genetics.

I hate to break it to you, but Donald Trump does not, in fact, hire the best people.

There aren't many physicians out there who are willing to take the high-profile position of doctor to the President and also willing to make official public statements that Donnie is not in fact obese, he is very handsome, and his blood is made from distilled patriotism.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Data Graham posted:

This doctor sounds top notch

He went to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Murgos posted:

"See, ya tomorrow Todd?", "See ya tomorrow Bill"

And they both walk out of the room.
No, if things escalate to that level, there will be no camaraderie and no good faith agreements. Far more likely that the Republicans assemble a quorum late at night in an unmarked room. This sort of poo poo. Or, far more likely, McConnell amends senate rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/ryanlizza/status/1312475441186308099?s=21