Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Crane Fist posted:

Nah shut up dude. The Muerte thing was funny as hell, stop whining

facebook stalking isn't funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

Honestly if the police interrupted my meal and used judo headlocks to put hands on my penis I would not be anywhere near as restrained as he was

He hadn't done anything wrong either, he was let go an hour later after the police realised they grabbed the penis of the wrong person.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ChubbyChecker posted:

Your uncle thinks it's funny.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Your uncle thinks it's funny.

true

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Nah shut up dude. The Muerte thing was funny as hell, stop whining

i dont think that guy actually cares.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker posted:

I don't give a poo poo about that. The thread was an absolute ride, don't poo poo on a good time because some idiot hosed about on facebook

Inceltown posted:

He hadn't done anything wrong either, he was let go an hour later after the police realised they grabbed the penis of the wrong person.

lmao no fuckin way

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ganonline_/status/1312472309337268224?s=21

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

I don't give a poo poo about that. The thread was an absolute ride, don't poo poo on a good time because some idiot hosed about on facebook

lmao no fuckin way

quote:

As it turned out, the police arrested the wrong man in a case of mistaken identity; they thought he was "an international criminal." They actually arrested Cecil George Edwards, a petty criminal with a flair for acting and multiple aliases, who was released later that day to the embarrassment of the police

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How is that video still getting funnier

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"A flair for acting," you say?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

He now sells paintings he does of the incident.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:australia:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao. Trump's real bathroom would have much more gold, though.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Paladinus posted:

Lmao. Trump's real bathroom would have much more gold, though.

I think it's fair to say we all know about Trump's gold shower.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Oct 3, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:five:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

But sadly, no toilet.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

i dont think that guy actually cares.

Low effort concern trolling seems to be their thing.

I'm still amazed bathroom.wad broke the SA containment barrier and infected the greater internet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm still amazed bathroom.wad broke the SA containment barrier and infected the greater internet.

It was bound to happen. A stupidity so dense that it collapsed into itself falling through the vacuum of SA and drawing the stupid from the surrounding internet into a stupidity singularity.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Further background on the hands off my penis guy he is a former chef notorious for performing dine and dashes on restaurants of industry sorts he felt had wronged him. He'd been doing it for years both before and after this incident and only stopped when the video went viral presumably because he saw a more productive use of his life being a meme rather than as an insane figure of petty vengeance

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Still wanna see Doom bathroom's toilet

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Still wanna see Doom bathroom's toilet

av post combo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/djclockmpls/status/1312494309535412225?s=21

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My favorite part of the Groverhaus story is still his melting a chunk of vinyl siding by keeping his grill too close to the house. It has a pure, innocent sitcom-dad stupidity about it, except I think even a sitcom dad wouldn't be that goddamn dumb.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

My favorite part of the Groverhaus story is still his melting a chunk of vinyl siding by keeping his grill too close to the house. It has a pure, innocent sitcom-dad stupidity about it, except I think even a sitcom dad wouldn't be that goddamn dumb.

Having a grill near that siding is the worst idea. It’s referred to as “gasoline wrap” for a reason.

Also if you heat it up without igniting it, it dumps a ton of poison into the air.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Twitter doxxing a mod they have a grudge against smdh

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Having a grill near that siding is the worst idea. It’s referred to as “gasoline wrap” for a reason.

Also if you heat it up without igniting it, it dumps a ton of poison into the air.

Yeah, but how could you expect Grover to know that? It's not like he was a building inspect... oh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Twitter doxxing a mod they have a grudge against smdh

Posting the infamous photos that Grover posted of the Groverhaus isn't doxxing. Posting Google Earth or Flight Simulator images that could only be obtained by hours of searching through images like a CIA analyst searching out missile silos in the Russian tundra or having the Groverhaus's physical address memorized is something close to doxxing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MS flight simulator doxxed the infinite brazil hole

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SA's Greatest Rehashes Of Whether Visiting Groverhaus In Flight Simulator Counts As Doxxing Pt. 127

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Further background on the hands off my penis guy he is a former chef notorious for performing dine and dashes on restaurants of industry sorts he felt had wronged him. He'd been doing it for years both before and after this incident and only stopped when the video went viral presumably because he saw a more productive use of his life being a meme rather than as an insane figure of petty vengeance

For some reason I thought he was a semi-famous post-modernist philosopher who's books I never came across. I have no idea where I got this idea from, but I definitely believed that such a person would be arrested over a succulent chinese meal.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I've been party to several vinyl siding meltings in my day, it's surprising the distance a hot fire or feel will melt siding at.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Xarbala posted:

MS flight simulator doxxed the infinite brazil hole

I posted those pictures of my rear end in a top hat intentionally and I don't regret it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Posting the infamous photos that Grover posted of the Groverhaus isn't doxxing. Posting Google Earth or Flight Simulator images that could only be obtained by hours of searching through images like a CIA analyst searching out missile silos in the Russian tundra or having the Groverhaus's physical address memorized is something close to doxxing.

I remember you claimed in this thread that those people posting the ms flight simulator photos of groverhaus were actually doing it out of forum grudges, lmao

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Who What Now posted:

For some reason I thought he was a semi-famous post-modernist philosopher who's books I never came across. I have no idea where I got this idea from, but I definitely believed that such a person would be arrested over a succulent chinese meal.

Now that you mention it, he does look a bit like if Slavoj Žižek had recently shed his old exoskeleton.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

E: the time they got a Dunson av for kramering into an automotive discussion about transmissions was great, though.

Never happened

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Charles posted:

Never happened

I'm not a forums historian but I remember reading the posts and someone for sure did this and got an av. I'm not certain it was the poster in question and I'm for sure not certain whoever it was wasn't just trolling but it definately happened to someone and it was pretty funny

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

he is a former chef notorious for performing dine and dashes on restaurants of industry sorts he felt had wronged him

That's really funny in a pathetically petty kind of way

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Charles posted:

Never happened

It absolutely did.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Charles posted:

Never happened

MageMage posted:

transgender people and use it for transmission talk only?

For example, when you say "I would like to oil up that tranny, pound out her parts, and ride her for miles", is perfectly acceptable, thank you.

What is not is: "This tranny is broke and needs a mechanic to look at it."

IN. SENSITIVE. Just who do you think you are?

What next, calling car-horns honkey's?

I'm on to this ruse. Just now, I was using the search function to find someone using the word 'tranny'. Definitely not car talk in here. It's all filth. All coded talk for hate in here.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You paid another $10 to remove your custom title that outed your incredibly racist rant, eh? And now this thread as a bonus smoke screen? Exquisite work.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

No joke I remember someone coming in and yelling at a poster for saying tranny. They obviously had just been searching the forums and going in and yelling about it without reading the thread. It wasn’t even a joke poster, just some weirdo making a forums crusade against any use of the word.

Pham Nuwen posted:

OP did it in GiP, if I'm remembering their old avatar correctly because it always gave me a laugh.

MageMage posted:

I really needed help and resources in the trans thread in byob, but apparently I'm the real trnsphobe and am not deserving of such resources. I really don't feel like a family. You spend the entire forums life being ridiculed for "posting about transmissions being called tranny's haha" so you finally make the thread thinking people will like you or it might be fun or you might make friends but no, it was just a ruse to to make me look bad. Yup. I'm the real transphobe. Always have been. See, if you say something on the forums you're just being funny and ironic, if I say something on the forums it's 100% constant and I'm always like this. I'm tires of being hated on this forums and being told to kill myself and then when I turn around and ask for help I get nothing but ridicule. It's wrong that these forums dog pile on who they want to Target as the real bad guy so you can feel like a community brought together. I'm sick of it and I wish I was dead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Here's an entire QCS thread started by MageMage whining about it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3812356&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post470026028

Starting drama over the issue is like 90% of their posting history.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Oct 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

For the love of Pete, I've said this before and will say it once again:

No one doxxed or cyberbullied Muerte. The guy posted a link to a YT video in the thread that gave his full IRL name and his FB page. Some people (full disclosure: myself included) followed him on FB, but didn't interact there. AFAIK, the most anyone did was post updates here on what he was up to once he'd bailed on the thread. I don't recall seeing anyone harassing him on FB.

Nobody touched the poop; some folks gave updates on it. There was no doxxing/internet detective poo poo going on. And as has been already said, most of what poo poo us goons gave him in that thread was genuine "dude this is a bad idea" well before anyone started pissing in the well.