Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Roundboy posted:

Did I miss when Mab stopped needing to speak through a 3rd party,? I get harry is fine, but everyone else?

She gradually recovered from being so super pissed about Nemesis grabbing what's her name that her voice isn't crushing everyone anymore. She was fine in Cold Days, I think from beginning to end (she whispered the kill command in her own voice to him, I know), I can't remember if it was much before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Drone Jett posted:

She gradually recovered from being so super pissed about Nemesis grabbing what's her name that her voice isn't crushing everyone anymore. She was fine in Cold Days, I think from beginning to end (she whispered the kill command in her own voice to him, I know), I can't remember if it was much before that.

I think she was talking at the end of Ghost Story when Harry woke up. I think she only had a couple lines though. It's been a couple months since I reread that one so I'm not certain.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Roundboy posted:

I powered through battle ground because it was action page after page, not that it was the high crust of literature. I did find some things were written well and others were overused tropes , or butcher. Txt

Did I miss when Mab stopped needing to speak through a 3rd party,? I get harry is fine, but everyone else?

Book possible spoilers so hidden

The starborn thing is really, really wearing thin. The payoff better be worth literally justifying why NOTHING was revealed to the central player to everything, especially in this last book

At least the last few books of harry stating that everyone has a better command of magic because they sat down and learned/made stuff is finally over

If there isn't a proper gear making montage next book I'm just.. gonna read on because I'm committed at this point

I don't recall anything specific. What I mostly recall is that in Small Favor she was so utterly pissed about what the Black Council did she couldn't speak for fear of destroying people - including Harry. But she was able to talk to him in Changes and the following books. I just assumed that she'd calmed down some - especially since Harry had thwarted the Denarians' plans for Marcone and the Archive.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Roundboy posted:

Way back in Cold days Mab said she was speaking through a 3rd party because she was mad Lea and Maeve had been infected by outsiders. Maeve's dead and Lea is cured so she's... not mad anymore, I guess?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

LLSix posted:

Way back in Cold days Mab said she was speaking through a 3rd party because she was mad Lea and Maeve had been infected by outsiders. Maeve's dead and Lea is cured so she's... not mad anymore, I guess?

I guess reading books okay back to back give some conrinuityy errors. Does she melt brains with her voice alone or not?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Roundboy posted:

I guess reading books back to back give some conrinuityy errors. Does she melt brains with her voice alone or not?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Roundboy posted:

I guess reading books okay back to back give some conrinuityy errors. Does she melt brains with her voice alone or not?

Only when she's really pissed about something

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Well I guess it's good for everybody involved that she was able to keep her cool this time around

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The series would be loads better if the White Court had been exterminated the same time the Red Court was removed.

Maybe, but one thing I'm getting from Dresden Files is that the ultimate conflict isn't exactly Good vs. Evil. It's Existence vs. Annihilation. In that struggle Good and Evil are standing in the same fire. Looked at from that perspective, the destruction of the Red Court was kind of a bad thing. Granted that it's not like there was a real choice for Harry at that point.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I was right about the one of these and incredibly wrong about the other.

Regarding the castle: I would like Dresden to open up Parapet Pizza on the first floor.

Maybe also move the paranoid paranet hacker guy in on a permanent basis

Regarding the short story: Man that mug hit me harder than anything else in these two books. Right there in the feelings.

Regarding Ramirez and his suddenly going cold on Harry. Short story spoilers: Ramirez and Molly have a short story together where they collaborate and solve a mystery together. Winter is really pushing all Molly's "wanton slut" buttons just like it did for Maeve.

However the Winter Lady mantle requires that the Winter Lady remain a maiden, so when she tries to hook up with Ramirez at the end of the story, the mantle responds by taking control and beating the ever loving poo poo out of him. Which is presumably why he was in a wheelchair.

He's probably feeling pretty anti-Winter overall.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Beachcomber posted:

I was right about the one of these and incredibly wrong about the other.

Regarding the castle: I would like Dresden to open up Parapet Pizza on the first floor.

Maybe also move the paranoid paranet hacker guy in on a permanent basis

He probably will bring in the hacker guy. It's clear to me that the castle will function as "Harry HQ" as he's building his power-base. I also suspect that Marcone realizes that and probably approves of it. He knows he can deal with Harry. As in literally makes deals with him. He might sometimes work with the White Coucil, but Marcone knows damned well that they think of him as an up-jumped mortal. And that if they found out he had the Coin they come after him without hesitation or mercy. Harry won't unless Marcone gives him a good enough reason, which he hasn't so far. Note that Marcone has already yielded the Eye to "the Wizard of Chicago" and specifically not to the White Council. The Denarian Coin might give him a personal power boost but Marcone's greatest asset has always been his bent for long-term strategy.

Beachcomber posted:

Regarding the short story: Man that mug hit me harder than anything else in these two books. Right there in the feelings.

The story works much, much better as a kind of "second epilogue" than as a story that came out well before the two books even though it was set after them. I now regret reading it when I did.

Beachcomber posted:

Regarding Ramirez and his suddenly going cold on Harry. Short story spoilers: Ramirez and Molly have a short story together where they collaborate and solve a mystery together. Winter is really pushing all Molly's "wanton slut" buttons just like it did for Maeve.

However the Winter Lady mantle requires that the Winter Lady remain a maiden, so when she tries to hook up with Ramirez at the end of the story, the mantle responds by taking control and beating the ever loving poo poo out of him. Which is presumably why he was in a wheelchair.

He's probably feeling pretty anti-Winter overall.

Honestly, that bit kind of annoyed me. I mean, could Molly not just apologize, offer restitution and best of all just loving explain what happened. Just a basic, "I'm sorry, Carlos. This thing I have didn't come with an owner's manual. I care about you and never wanted to hurt you. Please forgive me." At this point I don't know that Molly (or even Harry) did that. I get keeping secrets when necessary, but keeping that a secret just passes the boundaries of basic decency. Or they did explain/apologize and Ramirez is just being a bitter rear end in a top hat about it. It's probably the former because The Drama of Stupid.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Everyone posted:

Honestly, that bit kind of annoyed me. I mean, could Molly not just apologize, offer restitution and best of all just loving explain what happened. Just a basic, "I'm sorry, Carlos. This thing I have didn't come with an owner's manual. I care about you and never wanted to hurt you. Please forgive me." At this point I don't know that Molly (or even Harry) did that. I get keeping secrets when necessary, but keeping that a secret just passes the boundaries of basic decency. Or they did explain/apologize and Ramirez is just being a bitter rear end in a top hat about it. It's probably the former because The Drama of Stupid.

Even an apology and explanation wouldn't really help. He thought he was hooking up with Molly, but then it turns out Winter can just take over and do whatever it wants if it decides to due to some arcane rules neither he, nor she can really explain. It probably contributed to why he didn't trust Harry. He has personal experience with a Mantle just straight up taking over and doing something regardless of the holders wishes. Doesn't exactly scream trustworthy, so his distaste for Winter isn't unjustified. And even if she did apologize and offer restitution, it's going to come across as the Mantle forcing her to follow the Accords as Mab would want her to.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Everyone posted:

Honestly, that bit kind of annoyed me. I mean,

The Drama of Stupid.

Considering how much of the series as a whole has been driven by this element, I'm willing to blame it for a lot. But then, I think I'm coming to the decision to drop the series anyway.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

If I'm remembering this right, Listens-to-Wind told Harry he would ask the White Council if he could tell him about the starborn stuff and come back to him in a year right? There's been lots of hints that the White Council knows Harry is special and will need him at some point, so it definitely feels to me like booting him out is a way to keep him out of some schemes. They might also (incorrectly) think that they can get him to lay low until he's needed by threatening him.

Also, I doubt the one year thing is a coincidence. I'm assuming that Harry will learn about what's been going on either right before or after the wedding and it's going to complicate things in a major way.

And did Butcher really just make up Conjuritis so he could do a callback to the "For my next trick, anvils" thing? I thought it was pretty funny but I'm not sure punchline was worth the setup.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Considering how much of the series as a whole has been driven by this element, I'm willing to blame it for a lot. But then, I think I'm coming to the decision to drop the series anyway.

Changes was a more prophetic name than I think Butcher meant it to be. I feel like the series has been on a downward slope since then. It has less of the goofy snark and sense of humor that made the series fun and more of the my-competence-and-personality-fluctuates-as-the-plot demands stuff that makes even the previously cool action scenes less exciting. Lasciel's influence was subtle, intense and gripping. Winter Mantle influence just feels like a plot contrivance to make people act extra dumb.

Speaking of the Winter Mantle, how come Ghost Harry didn't have it?

LLSix fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 4, 2020

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

And did Butcher really just make up Conjuritis so he could do a callback to the "For my next trick, anvils" thing? I thought it was pretty funny but I'm not sure punchline was worth the setup.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The “anvil” was cool, but not cool enough to make up for the horrible lameness that is conjuritis. I would have rather had Harry working on some kind of mysterious magic item for several books to the point of people calling him out for being a little obsessed with it and him refusing to explain and then “ANVILS!!” and mad cackling laughter [/fanfic]. That could have been a cool setup/punchline.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

navyjack posted:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The “anvil” was cool, but not cool enough to make up for the horrible lameness that is conjuritis. I would have rather had Harry working on some kind of mysterious magic item for several books to the point of people calling him out for being a little obsessed with it and him refusing to explain and then “ANVILS!!” and mad cackling laughter [/fanfic]. That could have been a cool setup/punchline.

That would have been funny.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Finished up Battlegrounds yesterday and really enjoyed it. Recommend reading it in chunks though so you don’t get burned out on the action.

I think Verus is probably better now that I’ve read that between Skin Game and now but I want to see where this ends up. I still don’t understand why half this thread only hate reads Dresden.

Edit: not to say I don’t see flaws in Butcher’s writing, just why people keep coming back to it only to bitch in this thread

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I read it as enjoyable camp, and that’s why I can understand why half the thread hate reads it. Maybe they’re enjoying the camp but have to justify it to themselves.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

It's not the camp but rather how so much of it has stayed the same for the past decade. Imagine if Adam West's Batman was still going today. Readers are bored of the exact same formula and tropes. Descriptions that were neat or amusing the first time wear thin the fifteenth.

That said, I mostly enjoyed the book, but it stretched my limit of "this person is really super duper powerful," a little past its breaking. The descriptions broke down into a combination of pro-wrestling and that one scene from Dragonball Z where its just a blank scene and we're told that they're moving too fast for us to comprehend. That's very difficult for an author to put into words and I don't think Butcher quite sells it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

smertrioslol posted:

Finished up Battlegrounds yesterday and really enjoyed it. Recommend reading it in chunks though so you don’t get burned out on the action.

I think Verus is probably better now that I’ve read that between Skin Game and now but I want to see where this ends up. I still don’t understand why half this thread only hate reads Dresden.

Edit: not to say I don’t see flaws in Butcher’s writing, just why people keep coming back to it only to bitch in this thread

I clocked out on Dresden so I can't really speak about the new books, but it does have a lot of problems in the older books. There's also the "it's the popular one and people are upset it is popular over the niche ones that are better written" thing a little bit. It's basically like the Marvel Movies in that it is basically light fluffy pulp and it's frustrating that makes a lot more money than hard effort and we've seen more than one promising series die due to poor sales which Butcher can go multiple years without writing a book and his mediocre works still get more attention.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I'm still in through at least the next book. Hell, after 17 of these things plus assorted short stories over the past 20 years, I figure I'm in for the duration. That's one reason I'm annoyed. The stuff Butcher does well, he actual does pretty damned well. Dresden kind of nails the concept of "Spider-Man as a wizard." He's generally an engaging, sympathetic protagonist. And there was some cool stuff here, too. Mab not necessarily being the "epitome of wicked witchiness" so much as a person who's had to make a whole lot of nasty choices over the years. Harry leading human citizens and the Winter Court monsters. The Winter Court monsters being "the good guys" while still being walking nightmares.

The good stuff is pretty decent, so the dumb stuff becomes that much more annoying.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I actually thought Harry was going to kill Rudolph in his rage and that was going to lead to his expulsion specifically, only because they can't exactly execute him without pissing off Mab.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The series would be loads better if the White Court had been exterminated the same time the Red Court was removed.

It is pretty comical how the White Court has been reduced to Lara, Thomas, Lord Raith (when the story occasionally remembers that plotline), and an indeterminate number of other nameless White Court vampires who stand to the side during some scenes and look pretty.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The next book or two will probably be White Court focused, given the whole nonconsensual marriage between Harry and Lara bit.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Gnoman posted:

The next book or two will probably be White Court focused, given the whole nonconsensual marriage between Harry and Lara bit.

I'll be okay with that. I'm really hoping that Harry is able to talk things out with McCoy. I really hope that McCoy learns that his daughter's death curse on Lord Raith is being kept going by her two children - Thomas and Harry.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I enjoyed Peace Talks and Battle Ground as one book, but I'm convinced it could have been edited down to actually be one book, entitled Peace Talks, that would be tightly plotted and well executed.

Take out a bunch of the Thomas garbage in book one, at least half. He can be in peril without going on and on and on about "he's my brother!"

I am confused about how they're acting like Thomas can't recover. Don't they just need to feed him and he'll bounce back? They don't even necessarily need to kill anyone if a bunch of the nameless Raith girls did what Lara did on the boat.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
McCoy was right.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Everyone posted:

He probably will bring in the hacker guy. It's clear to me that the castle will function as "Harry HQ" as he's building his power-base. I also suspect that Marcone realizes that and probably approves of it. He knows he can deal with Harry. As in literally makes deals with him. He might sometimes work with the White Coucil, but Marcone knows damned well that they think of him as an up-jumped mortal. And that if they found out he had the Coin they come after him without hesitation or mercy. Harry won't unless Marcone gives him a good enough reason, which he hasn't so far. Note that Marcone has already yielded the Eye to "the Wizard of Chicago" and specifically not to the White Council. The Denarian Coin might give him a personal power boost but Marcone's greatest asset has always been his bent for long-term strategy.

Also he's no longer mortal as long as he has the coin. How will he explain that when he's no older in 50 years, 100 years, 1000 years. And the fallen do have an agenda, what do they want in exchange for giving Marcone the coin?

Seems to me likely it will bring Harry into conflict with Marcone, or Marcone into conflict with his own fallen since they do some evil poo poo sometimes that I don't think Marcone would accept. I wonder if he sees the coin as a temporary thing until he manages some other way to grab supernatural powers. His long term goals are definitely to increase his personal power.

Also felt like they retro-upgraded Thorned Namshiel to deal with the power creep. I remember him as some wannabe sorcerer loser who Harry beat with a stick until he got paralyzed, now he's an uber wizard who can tangle with Ethniu longer than Odin or the others managed.

Too much power creep in this series overall, I hope it's dialed back a bit, let Harry progress in his wizarding a bit I think. The enemies he's got are already powerful as gently caress.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

bobjr posted:

I actually thought Harry was going to kill Rudolph in his rage and that was going to lead to his expulsion specifically, only because they can't exactly execute him without pissing off Mab.

Gotta say that was one of the better moments in the last two books, which overall don't rate that highly for me. Finally felt like something was at stake.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

His Divine Shadow posted:

Also felt like they retro-upgraded Thorned Namshiel to deal with the power creep. I remember him as some wannabe sorcerer loser who Harry beat with a stick until he got paralyzed, now he's an uber wizard who can tangle with Ethniu longer than Odin or the others managed.

You're mixing up Denarians. The "wannabe sorcerer" Harry beat with a stick was the one impersonating Father Vincent in Death Masks, which was possible because he gave up his coin to exploit the limitations of the Swords. Thorned Namshiel was the rather powerful sorcerer who set up the trap at Shedd Aquarium for the Archive, and was defeated only because Harry manifested Soulfire without even knowing what it was yet.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did no one notice that He who walks besides used the exact same wording as Nicodemus did in the very first book we are introduced to the Denarians.

"Apocalypse isn't an event, it's a frame of mind"

I'm taking from this, that of the Denarians, Nicodemus is the one infected - he was telling the truth to Harry at the aquarium, he might not even know that he himself is infected, it would explain why he was willing to sacrifice his daughter to Hades gentle ministrations given that she was the one member of the denarians he actually seemed to like most.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Gnoman posted:

You're mixing up Denarians. The "wannabe sorcerer" Harry beat with a stick was the one impersonating Father Vincent in Death Masks, which was possible because he gave up his coin to exploit the limitations of the Swords. Thorned Namshiel was the rather powerful sorcerer who set up the trap at Shedd Aquarium for the Archive, and was defeated only because Harry manifested Soulfire without even knowing what it was yet.

Oh yeah I got it somewhat mixed up. I was thinking of the aquarium scene but I remembered it as Harry getting the drop on him and beating up, but it was with a silvery soulfire hand and not his staff.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

tithin posted:

Did no one notice that He who walks besides used the exact same wording as Nicodemus did in the very first book we are introduced to the Denarians.

"Apocalypse isn't an event, it's a frame of mind"

I'm taking from this, that of the Denarians, Nicodemus is the one infected - he was telling the truth to Harry at the aquarium, he might not even know that he himself is infected, it would explain why he was willing to sacrifice his daughter to Hades gentle ministrations given that she was the one member of the denarians he actually seemed to like most.

I'm wondering, is nemesis a person, a walker (or maybe several walkers, we know of three at least iirc) that posess people, or an infection that can spread like a disease?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I'm wondering, is nemesis a person, a walker (or maybe several walkers, we know of three at least iirc) that posess people, or an infection that can spread like a disease?

Didn't it spell it out at the end of Battle Ground? It's He Who Walks Beside.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Darth Walrus posted:

Didn't it spell it out at the end of Battle Ground? It's He Who Walks Beside.

I didn't feel that ruled out the other possibilities of other walkers also doing it at the least. I had gotten the impression of it spreading sort of as a diease from earlier books and have a hard time quitting that mindset, so it's gotta be typed really clear for me, made it seem a lot more dangerous than just one guy possessing someone, in that case it's limited to just one person at a time.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Also he's no longer mortal as long as he has the coin. How will he explain that when he's no older in 50 years, 100 years, 1000 years. And the fallen do have an agenda, what do they want in exchange for giving Marcone the coin?

Wow, medicine is really advanced nowadays? Figure wizards/vampires/etc have been dealing with this forever. Some version of fake death and his nephew/hidden grandson/etc inherits? And I don't think the Fallen "gave" Marcone the Coin. I think he took it from the island during the chaos at the end of Small Favor. Marcone clearly doesn't consider himself to be part of the Fallen and their agenda in any case.

Seems to me likely it will bring Harry into conflict with Marcone, or Marcone into conflict with his own fallen since they do some evil poo poo sometimes that I don't think Marcone would accept. I wonder if he sees the coin as a temporary thing until he manages some other way to grab supernatural powers. His long term goals are definitely to increase his personal power.

All of that seems likely. Really Marcone isn't so much about increasing personal power as he is about temporal power (being in charge). Having the personal power to teleport and make lovely boats out of concrete is just another tool to that end. I did like the mild argument he got into with Namshiel over gopher wood. "No I dont have any gopher wood. Nobody has any. It probably doesn't even exist any more." And now the burnig question of the series is WTF is gopher wood?

Too much power creep in this series overall, I hope it's dialed back a bit, let Harry progress in his wizarding a bit I think. The enemies he's got are already powerful as gently caress.

I am hoping we'll see a different aspect of "power creep" on the more relational/political level. We know that Harry and his enemies are gently caress-off powerful. It might be fun to see Harry deal with people in ways other than Forzare/Fuego/Soulfire bitch-slap. Though we'll presumably get plenty of that as well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Everyone posted:

Wow, medicine is really advanced nowadays? Figure wizards/vampires/etc have been dealing with this forever. Some version of fake death and his nephew/hidden grandson/etc inherits? And I don't think the Fallen "gave" Marcone the Coin. I think he took it from the island during the chaos at the end of Small Favor. Marcone clearly doesn't consider himself to be part of the Fallen and their agenda in any case.

All of that seems likely. Really Marcone isn't so much about increasing personal power as he is about temporal power (being in charge). Having the personal power to teleport and make lovely boats out of concrete is just another tool to that end. I did like the mild argument he got into with Namshiel over gopher wood. "No I dont have any gopher wood. Nobody has any. It probably doesn't even exist any more." And now the burnig question of the series is WTF is gopher wood?

I am hoping we'll see a different aspect of "power creep" on the more relational/political level. We know that Harry and his enemies are gently caress-off powerful. It might be fun to see Harry deal with people in ways other than Forzare/Fuego/Soulfire bitch-slap. Though we'll presumably get plenty of that as well.

Gopher Wood is referenced in the bible as the kind of wood Noah's Ark was made out of. Its unclear exactly what wood it was supposed to be referring to but a lot of folklore paints it as an ancient super wood of some kind

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't think much at all has been established about what the capabilities and limits of Outsiders even are, so it's perfectly possible that Nemesis could control more than one being simultaneously, and it may also have more than one way of influencing beings other than direct possession.

I think all we know for sure is that it takes mortal magic to summon them from beyond the Outer Gates, and that Starspawn Starborn like Harry have some measure of immunity to their power.

starspawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I didn't feel that ruled out the other possibilities of other walkers also doing it at the least. I had gotten the impression of it spreading sort of as a diease from earlier books and have a hard time quitting that mindset, so it's gotta be typed really clear for me, made it seem a lot more dangerous than just one guy possessing someone, in that case it's limited to just one person at a time.

Lea and Maeve were both infected at the same time so it can't just be one person at a time.