Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Red Minjo posted:

They were really charitable with like almost the whole remaining crew watching her walk out of a room with a dead body in it and going "maybe she just doesn't know how to report" and then it just happens again immediately afterwards. RIP to Pikamee.

Well the point was brought up that white had reported all the bodies so far and that is a good point and very sus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Shout out to the legends playing who don't appear to be stream sniping.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SpartanIvy posted:

Shout out to the legends playing who don't appear to be stream sniping.

If anything it seems like reverse-stream sniping, the first round I think they knew it was her but covered for her instead.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Poor other imposter. They would have this in the bag if pika knew how to play.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SpartanIvy posted:

Poor other imposter. They would have this in the bag if pika knew how to play.

Yeah they almost had a double kill there but Pika didn't understand the telegraphs jin was giving for what to do.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

"Pika what tasks did you do?"
"task"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tangents posted:

"Pika what tasks did you do?"
"task"

I think like in that situation, "the one over there, I'm not sure what its called" would've worked?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Pika is max sus even when she's not the imposter

E: MGimoro is a pro, holy poo poo

E2: until he quit or disconnected

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 4, 2020

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Koronoe has been streaming assassins creed for like 13 hours lmao

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Chat constantly telling Korone to go to sleep is real annoying. She's a grown woman/91 year old doggo. I suppose the solution as always is just to minimise chat. Too bad I'll miss the lil' translations some helpful people pop on there during the stream.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

She said it's her first time playing assassin's creed, and if you've never played one it's a super fun game series. The problem arises when you play more and realize they're all the same game. She's genuinely in that "can't put it down" phase, I think.

Korone is also a streaming machine on top of that.

And yeah, people telling her to go to sleep are annoying as hell. I think the key to Korone's stamina streams is she is genuinely having the time of her life every time, and if you make sure to hydrate and eat then waking up, spending 14 hours playing a game for your job, and then going to sleep still leaves you plenty of time to rest. Her sleep schedule is hosed, but it doesn't mean she's not getting enough sleep.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 4, 2020

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

She said it's her first time playing assassin's creed, and if you've never played one it's a super fun game series. The problem arises when you play more and realize they're all the same game. She's genuinely in that "can't put it down" phase, I think.

Korone is also a streaming machine on top of that.

Eh, in my experience there are enough small changes that some of the games kinda make it fresh but its been a while. I like I could do a 100% judo run in Black Flag.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Calli raged so hard she activated ultra instinct and finally finished the last encounter in the second level while remaining completely silent the entire time.

Then she picked up the quad damage for the first time after she was done.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sindai posted:

Calli raged so hard she activated ultra instinct and finally finished the last encounter in the second level while remaining completely silent the entire time.

Then she picked up the quad damage for the first time after she was done.

It was beautiful lmao

That said she definitely does not need to go a week between Doom sessions because she definitely forgets anything she picked up during the previous session in that time

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Eh, in my experience there are enough small changes that some of the games kinda make it fresh but its been a while. I like I could do a 100% judo run in Black Flag.

The most fun thing in the games is finding targets, working your way closer via taking out guards, doing the big leap assassinate, and then getting away, and she's still in the phase where that loop is brand new and super fun. It's still fun even if you revisit it, but making 1 of those games a year was way too much and kinda wore off the paint, so to speak.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The most fun thing in the games is finding targets, working your way closer via taking out guards, doing the big leap assassinate, and then getting away, and she's still in the phase where that loop is brand new and super fun. It's still fun even if you revisit it, but making 1 of those games a year was way too much and kinda wore off the paint, so to speak.

Right! Hence why I mention that the small changes sorta add up in the aggregate because they let you break from that loop and explore alternative ways of playing the games.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
I'm quite looking forward to the next entry since I haven't played since black flag, which was a blast just loving around on a pirate ship with sea shanties.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I swear to god vtubers are making me strongly consider recommitting to learning Japanese so I can properly enjoy these streams when live.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/HoloLiveMoments/status/1312268050943467520?s=19

Hololive Moments is shutting down and no one misses them

Can't help but notice they didn't post an english version this time

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n017V9_AuXQ

These midnight streams are going to be the death of me.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In lieu of having a personality, thinking about being an extremely concerned with korone going to sleep guy going forward

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I feel like that genre of reply guy \ fan is like a weird controlling type where they want the person to follow their advice and then they can think of themselves as having some influence over them. I don't like to see em. Let 👏the👏girls👏game

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Just tuned into the snacking collab stream. Is there a reason no one's on screen?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My goal is to be the guy that repeats the same old unfunny meme over and over in chat.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Just tuned into the snacking collab stream. Is there a reason no one's on screen?

Technical issue they're working on resolving while talking.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

okay, they made it 7 minutes without crashing the first time, lets see how they last this time:

EDIT: Calli made it 2 minutes

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 4, 2020

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Jerkface posted:

I feel like that genre of reply guy \ fan is like a weird controlling type where they want the person to follow their advice and then they can think of themselves as having some influence over them. I don't like to see em. Let 👏the👏girls👏game

Man I felt that, back when I first got into twitch to follow some of my fav content creators and I gave the donations so they'd read my questions I felt like... Like I was paying to jump to the head of the line, to be noticed and acknowledged and I felt like... It was too powerful.

Since then I mostly stick to smaller creators with like 50 or so people in the chat because it allows for engagement and back and forth without paying anything, and instead I use my subscription just as a means of providing support and to wish them well if it does have some kind of accompanying message with it.

There's definitely this parasocial aspect to streaming where because you can chip in money, you feel entitled to their time; and to a lesser extent entitled to feeling that they should respond to you and your "suggestions" yeah.

I can totally see also like, an overlap between how there's fans in the idol industry who feel like they own the personality, and feel betrayed if they are found to have a boyfriend or something and that mindset overlaps with probably some small loud minority that follows streamers. I haven't personally witnessed anything like that, the chat for the vtubers often just scrolls way too fast for me to bother paying attention to it, feels impossible really.

It bugs me that's for sure.

e to add: right now the fact that, all of the EN vtubers are so good and that its impossible for me to pick basically means I can't really join the memberships for any of them though I'd want to, but definitely that's where the line would be, one thing to like subscribe and give them a regular predictable amount of income; I don't really see myself giving random donations because I see that as going down a slippery slope.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just find it funny that Amelia was so hopped up on energy drinks that she doesn't remember her debut stream

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
She truly has a severe case of Gamer™.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

well, it's a HoloEN collab stream, so

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Raenir Salazar posted:

I swear to god vtubers are making me strongly consider recommitting to learning Japanese so I can properly enjoy these streams when live.

Having listened to vtubers since March my understanding of conversational Japanese has improved greatly. My written Japanese is still trash though.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Revolver Bunker posted:

Having listened to vtubers since March my understanding of conversational Japanese has improved greatly. My written Japanese is still trash though.

Written I find to be immensely easier, especially once you've got like ~400 or so kanji learned because there's far less ambiguity about written Japanese I find.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calli needs to get her new computer.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Calli needs to get her new computer.

Amelia is the one streaming it

Kild fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 4, 2020

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
How do people eat raw (like, dried?) ramen.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Written I find to be immensely easier, especially once you've got like ~400 or so kanji learned because there's far less ambiguity about written Japanese I find.
As long as you never have to read it out loud.

3月1日は日曜日で祝日、晴れの日でした。

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Raenir Salazar posted:

the snack they're eating is just like any chip type snack, Gura talking about actually raw instant ramen no idea that sounds gross. I always saw people recommend putting crunched up ramen on top of a cooked set when I was in college but I never tried it cuz it sounds crazy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

FractalSandwich posted:

As long as you never have to read it out loud.

3月1日は日曜日で祝日、晴れの日でした。

So I puzzled this out looking up the couple of Kanji I didn't remember; is it something like, "as for March 1st, at sunday (something about it being a national holiday I'm not sure how to interpret this) it was a clear day?

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

you can just, like... eat it. pour the flavor packet in and shake the package so it mixes, it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

SpartanIvy posted:

My goal is to be the guy that repeats the same old unfunny meme over and over in chat.

im the guy spamming "say something in <language>"