Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if someone replies with 'technically all horror movies are horror movies for skeletons' i'm gonna go apeshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in zack and wiki you reassemble a skeleton whose constituent bones are like golden cups and a sextant and a candelabra and some other treasures

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
technically all horror movies are horror movies for skeletons

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yzdwhRZ9q8&t=106s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also hmm maybe I will try multiplayer if I enjoy the single-player campaign

https://twitter.com/RobZacny/status/1312577778743758849
https://twitter.com/RobZacny/status/1312578827705556992

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You wouldn't be able to kill the mummy from Sphinx, that cool game that had you switching back and forth between Egyptian Zelda game combat as a Sphinx dude and a puzzle mode where you played an unkillable mummy who had to solve puzzles by maiming himself in different ways, be it being cut into different pieces of himself paper doll style, being set on fire, or being smashed flat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh yeah what about that mummy in Wizard101, is it more powerful than a skeleton

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

You wouldn't be able to kill the mummy from Sphinx, that cool game that had you switching back and forth between Egyptian Zelda game combat as a Sphinx dude and a puzzle mode where you played an unkillable mummy who had to solve puzzles by maiming himself in different ways, be it being cut into different pieces of himself paper doll style, being set on fire, or being smashed flat.

I just played this game for the first time and by default both y and x axis camera controls are inverted by default. In true euro fashion setting them to normal is labled as "inverted"

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Just escaped for the first time in Hades. Game is very very good all!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh yeah what about that mummy in Wizard101, is it more powerful than a skeleton

My daily quest yesterday was to murder one of several shambling krok mummies. Upon defeating them I received one of them as a pet.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Halloween makes me want to replay Bully, I wonder if it holds up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is the aforementioned "Furious Krok" pet

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

now you are its mummy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Imhotep rules, even if the cgi didn't age well.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
One of the scarier skeletons in games is the corpse in Kings Quest VI that has the two gold coins over his eyes. Because if you don’t find that corpse in a labyrinth, and if you don’t take those coins, you will straight up be locked out of the rest of the game. You only get one shot at the labyrinth and it can be hours before you realize you’ve made a mistake.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

King's Quest.txt

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if its kosher to randomly recommend games, but in the middle of a "gently caress I can't sleep" night I randomly stumbled upon the demo for Drone, and it's basically a Descent multiplayer shooter. Normally this would only appeal to me in the Descent side of things, but it's not bad and since it's only five bucks as of this posting, it might be up someone else's alley. I mean, it's got a few red flags (given it's really early in development, possibly alienating premise, etc), but, again, five bucks.

Hidden benefit, Descent is old enough (:negative:) that you won't have tri-chording bastards complaining about mouse users!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if its kosher to randomly recommend games, but in the middle of a "gently caress I can't sleep" night I randomly stumbled upon the demo for Drone, and it's basically a Descent multiplayer shooter. Normally this would only appeal to me in the Descent side of things, but it's not bad and since it's only five bucks as of this posting, it might be up someone else's alley. I mean, it's got a few red flags (given it's really early in development, possibly alienating premise, etc), but, again, five bucks.

Hidden benefit, Descent is old enough (:negative:) that you won't have tri-chording bastards complaining about mouse users!

play Overload too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Imhotep rules, even if the cgi didn't age well.

Karloff was great but Imhotep was just a not as good Dracula.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There's a reason the later movies dropped Imhotep for Karis, is all I'm saying.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Make mine Bubba Ho-Tep
https://youtu.be/pa9331xmvhg

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No matter what you do, skellies always look like they’re having a great time

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

They're happy because they've escaped their fleshy prison and transcended mortality, op. Some of them are even dedicated to emancipating their imprisoned brethren, too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please October be kind, I can't pickup Star Wars Squadrons and play it for infinite hours in VR :negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

No matter what you do, skellies always look like they’re having a great time

what about this one, huh

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

what about this one, huh

i shared this with you in confidence

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Help Im Alive posted:

what about this one, huh

You're interpreting it wrong, the skeleton is laughing about us meat sacks.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

That skeleton has a job

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Halloween makes me want to replay Bully, I wonder if it holds up

it extremely does not

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rockstar games barely hold up upon their releases.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Weedle posted:

it extremely does not

In real life Petey would end up shooting up the school

Weedle
May 31, 2006

san andreas is still a masterpiece

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

All he had to do was follow the drat train

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Weedle posted:

with cheat codes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

alright I have to say it: Hades' fishing minigame is awful

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Scratch a fishing minigame and a sewer level bleeds

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
So far, I've liked everything I've played of Hades, so one bad minigame is acceptable.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

So far, I've liked everything I've played of Hades, so one bad minigame is acceptable.

:yeah: The whole rest of the game is loving great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Hwurmp posted:

alright I have to say it: Hades' fishing minigame is awful

I thought this was a joke but there is actually fishing