Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Never EVER let it be said that Trump supporters have any brain cells whatsoever.
https://twitter.com/MrTooDamnChris/status/1312757488371073024?s=20
LOL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

One of the few people Trump was ever said to be genuinely close to was fellow shitbag Roy Cohn, and Trump basically cut Cohn out of his life once he began dying of AIDS.

Wikipedia posted:

In a 2008 article published in The New Yorker, Jeffrey Toobin quotes Roger Stone: "Roy was not gay. He was a man who liked having sex with men. Gays were weak, effeminate."
Layer Cake character somehow less outlandish than the brain of Roger Stone.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

armchairyoda posted:

Never EVER let it be said that Trump supporters have any brain cells whatsoever.
https://twitter.com/MrTooDamnChris/status/1312757488371073024?s=20
LOL!

drat Tritt sounds like a total Twitt. Also you get what you deserve for loving with fascism, assholes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zugzwang posted:

It's really sad, but it's extremely rare to break people out of these gravity wells of bullshit. The only thing you can do is try to keep them from getting sucked in in the first place.

we're all apes teetering on the edge of sanity.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rinkles posted:

Trump supporters are literally a different species, they have an extra bone in their brain that makes it very smooth.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rinkles posted:

I think if Trump were to somehow win again, after all this, it would finally send me over the cliff.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

Layer Cake character somehow less outlandish than the brain of Roger Stone.

I wish HBO hadn't taken the scene down where Roy gets his diagnosis in Angels in America because he tells his doctor he's a heterosexual that has sex with men because homosexuals have no power.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol: one of these polls again that MAGA is pushing to distract from polls that came out today. 538 does not use the pollster because of how bad it is.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1312771713319436288?s=20

quote:

The monthly Democracy Institute Sunday Express poll for the Presidential election shows that Mr Trump is still on course for victory with 46 percent of the popular support compared to his Democrat rival Joe Biden’s 45 percent.

However, his overall lead has dropped by two points since the last poll in September.

The poll was completed after the news broke that President Trump and his wife Melania have been infected by Covid-19.

But 68 percent said the illness would not affect their vote while 19 percent said they were “more likely” to support Trump and only 13 percent “less likely”.
Almost two thirds said they felt sympathy and concern for the President while 38 percent said him getting the disease was “karma” in an indication of the current divisive nature of US politics.
Crucially, Mr Trump’s lead in key swing states including Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin remains at 4 percent by 47 percent 43 percent.

This gives a projected Electoral College split of 320 to Trump and 218 to Biden.

While other polls have Biden ahead, the Democracy Institute, which correctly predicted Brexit and Trump’s win in 2016, only considers people who identify as “likely voters” rather than all registered voters and also asks about the so called shy vote.

This shows that 77 percent of Trump supporters would not admit it to friends or family members.
Other controversies appear to have had little impact on the election with around 8 in 10 voters saying that the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court has changed their position, although Trump got more favourable support 12 percent, than unfavourable 9 percent.

After a first bad tempered debate in the election, 32 percent said Trump won and 18 percent Biden but half thought it was a draw and more than 7 in 10 said it made no difference to how they would vote.
Law and order remains the top issue in the election after riots linked to the black lives matter protests with 32 percent identifying it as their number one concern.

However, the economy is closing the gap with 30 percent putting it top as the effects of coronavirus continue to bite.

Trump outscores Biden on the economy with 70 percent thinking that the economy is bouncing back and 60 percent to 40 percent trusting the President over his rival on the issue.

Meanwhile, the poll reveals that former Mr Biden has a “reality problem” with twice as many people giving credit to reality TV star Kim Kardasian for prison reform than the former Vice President.

Asked who has had a more positive impact on criminal justice 41 percent say Trump, the same number say Kim Kardasian and just 18 percent say Biden.

Democracy Institute director Patrick Basham said: “When a reality TV star beats you in a poll on an important policy question, you know your campaign has a problem.

“We find twice as many voters give Kim Kardashian credit for advancing the cause of criminal justice reform – an especially important issue among Black voters – than rate Biden’s contribution. 

“Trump and Biden’s respective standings on this specific issue epitomise Biden’s overarching Achilles’ Heel in this election: comparatively low support and enthusiasm for his candidacy among Black voters. To beat Trump, Biden needs nine in 10 Black votes, and lots of Black voters to cast ballots. Currently, he’s positioned to win only eight in ten, with two out of ten Black voters ready to support Trump, and overall Black turnout looking to be flat, at best.”

Poll results
National Popular Vote

Trump (Republican) = 46%

Biden (Democrat) = 45%

Jorgensen (Libertarian) = 3%

Hawkins (Green) = 1%

Undecided = 5%

White voters: Trump = 52%   Biden = 45% 

Black: Trump 18%    Biden = 78% 

Hispanic: Trump 40%    Biden = 50% 

Battleground States – Popular Vote
Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin

Trump (Republican) = 47%

Biden (Democrat) = 43%

Jorgensen (Libertarian) = 4% 

Hawkins (Green) = 1%

Undecided = 5%

Florida – Popular Vote

Trump (Republican) = 48%

Biden (Democrat) = 44%

Jorgensen (Libertarian) = 2%

Hawkins (Green) = 1%

Undecided = 5%

Minnesota – Popular Vote

Trump (Republican) = 46%

Biden (Democrat) = 44%

Jorgensen (Libertarian) = 2%

Hawkins (Green) = 2%

Undecided = 6%

New Hampshire – Popular Vote

Trump (Republican) = 45%

Biden (Democrat) = 43%

Jorgensen (Libertarian) = 5%

Hawkins (Green) = 2%

Undecided = 5%

Electoral College Vote Projection (if election voting mirrored these poll results)
270 needed to win

Trump = 320 [picks-up Minnesota, New Hampshire & a single Maine electoral vote]

Biden = 218

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
That 'newspaper' is a poo poo-rag for idiots

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

quote:

FL, IA, MI, MN, PA, WI:
Trump 47
Biden 43

6 States all sharing the same numbers. A very normal way to do polling.

e: Just realized something. Remember the end of Wayne's World when they made that show "for an audience of one" to get the attention of that record guy? That's probably what this is. Trump's mad at Chris Wallace and he's definitely heard them call him obese live. These guys want Trump to personally see it to cheer him up and then direct all his followers to it. Dude's apparently not calling Hannity anymore, even as the guy begs him to on-air (lol).

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 4, 2020

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1312754973395030019?s=19

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

:lol: one of these polls again that MAGA is pushing to distract from polls that came out today. 538 does not use the pollster because of how bad it is.

Don't post that without posting today's polls from 538!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

These idiots are going to feel pretty silly when they find out he's fit and well and in a nuclear sub on a top secret anti-paeodophile mission.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

$6 for the Times?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Things are really quiet on the Trump front since that weird video yesterday.

I think it's best we assume he's dead.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

boar guy posted:

$6 for the Times?

Its $7 too much.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/1312616578773446656?s=19

Was this posted? The pictures were taken 10 min apart.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
https://twitter.com/JoeDelibovi/status/1312777686218137605

also jason miller's bloatee is gross

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

idgi

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

LifeSunDeath posted:

Timeout

I only said I liked them because I thought they were nazis somehow, because I never actually listened to them.
Can we reflect on how cowardly Paul Ryan and Jason Chaffetz are that they gave up their lifelong political ambitions because they didn't want to spend four years defending Trump? I'd love to see how they would have handled his response to the roni.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
:discourse:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Doctors, Nation watch sickened trump as a treat

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Zugzwang posted:

Don't post that without posting today's polls from 538!

Maybe it's because I quit social media but why should I trust 538 after 2016?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ah

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Shumagorath posted:

Nate Silver gave 30% odds for Trump to win. Those are not 0% odds.

He basically said "If the polls are correct, Hillary wins. But the polls are weird this year, and they may be wrong. If they are, they will all be wrong in the same direction." Which is exactly what happened.

In any case, the one poll in question showing Trump leading is garbage.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

I laughed at this way harder than I probably should have.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Shumagorath posted:

Sometimes the long shot comes in. Everyone in politics lives and dies by polls, and Trump's team definitely obsesses over them. How many times has he posted skewed poll numbers on his twitter to rally the troops?

538 is an aggregator - you can look at one of 100 other polls to make your assessment.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Shumagorath posted:

If I recall he was the only major pollster claiming Trump had a shot, wasn't he?

I remember him having a twitter battle or blog battle with someone who said Trump had 1% chance

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Robo Reagan posted:

trmps lucky he caught covid as potus so his med bills are being paid by us

I thought it would be interesting if someone made a chart comparing the costs of big wet boy’s treatment vs the average covid patient in the states who require hospitalization. With the additional highlight showing how much the average person has to pay for it vs $0 for the loving idiot who is largely to blame for the majority of the cases.

Seems like the kind of slickly produced video the dems should be making but welp

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Ehud posted:

Things are really quiet on the Trump front since that weird video yesterday.

I think it's best we assume he's dead.

He's fine. He only left the Whitehouse because, after hearing she'd have to spend 2 weeks in isolation with him, Melanie unhinged her jaw and started screeching the sound of an Aztec death whistle for 2 hours straight.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Huh, I've been so concerned with how exhausting it must be to refute every lies that comes out of donnie's anusmouth I never really appreciated how loving tiresome it must be to keep up the narrative of a victorious winning administration when everything points to humiliating defeat.
Exposing a lie is one thing, imagine having to craft them, give up on internal consistency just to discover it doesn't actually make the job any easier, where every single take is "OK our team isn't looking too good but how do I make the other team look worse?"

Lol

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Diorama posted:

If I recall he was the only major pollster claiming Trump had a shot, wasn't he?

I remember him having a twitter battle or blog battle with someone who said Trump had 1% chance
Yeah, Sam Wang of the Princeton Election Consortium said Trump had a 1% chance. As the results were coming in, Nate Silver was tweeting stuff at him like "This does not look like a 99% scenario."

Later, Sam ate a bug on TV because he said he would do so if Trump won.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Lol, the President’s personal physician won’t discuss whether Trump is in a negative pressure room.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Diorama posted:

Zugzwang posted:

Nate Silver gave 30% odds for Trump to win. Those are not 0% odds.

He basically said "If the polls are correct, Hillary wins. But the polls are weird this year, and they may be wrong. If they are, they will all be wrong in the same direction." Which is exactly what happened.

In any case, the one poll in question showing Trump leading is garbage.

Civil posted:

Sometimes the long shot comes in. Everyone in politics lives and dies by polls, and Trump's team definitely obsesses over them. How many times has he posted skewed poll numbers on his twitter to rally the troops?

538 is an aggregator - you can look at one of 100 other polls to make your assessment.

Oops, my brain has been slurried so hard by the last five years that I forgot he was the one to say "a 20% chance means it happens one in five times" and it was the other outlets predicting a certain wipeout.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

A hearty lol would be Trump surviving but complications from the rona means he won't ever golf again.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:lol: @ anyone who thinks the Trump White House could successfully pull off any kind of conspiracy/coverup. Insider tales of the backstabbing during the conspiracy planning process would leak before they even got around to announcing whatever official lie was supposed to kick off the coverup.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Oscar Wild posted:

So are they trying to hide just how bad the president's condition has become, or did they not want to release photos of the president in bed with a bucket of chicken watching Fox?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Tace Vim posted:

this is poop for my family

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1312782563107319811
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Oscar Wild posted:

Its $7 too much.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/1312616578773446656?s=19

They probably took dozens of them all in different seats with different jackets on, so they can trickle them out over the next couple of weeks and pretend he's not being held together by machines.

"No, no, the President is fine. It's just a glitch in the camera that makes it look like all the photos were taken within the same hour. He's raring to get back to the White House and work FOR YOU but the doctors won't let him."