Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

superjew posted:

I mean couldn’t trump just be screaming for and demanding these treatments? I can’t see him listening to possible courses and not blindly proclaiming one as best because he said so.

Just write "Clorox" with a sharpie on the saline bag and tell him he's a good boy with a big brain who is definitely getting the best medication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

lmao it will be straight-up Weekend at Donny's after he's released

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It seems wild that they're even talking about releasing him since everyone says day 5-7 is the real danger zone. Unless he tested positive 5 days earlier than they admitted. :iiam:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Imagine if it fucks up his lungs so much he can’t golf again

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

superjew posted:

I mean couldn’t trump just be screaming for and demanding these treatments? I can’t see him listening to possible courses and not blindly proclaiming one as best because he said so.

He still needs an MD to sign off on it and a nurse to go grab it. Giving treatment orders due to patient pressure rather than medical reasoning would be a pretty unwise thing to do. Especially if that patient is a grandpa president with gravy for blood who has a decent chance of dying anyway and if he does, his chart will be examined with a microscope.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004

Why are we posting Seth Abramson tweets as if they mean anything? Again, the mainstream media coverage of the course of treatments is incredibly sensationalistic. The safety profile and rate of severe adverse events of remdesivir and the regeneron mAb aren't bad at all, they're just not very efficacious (remdesivir) or don't have proven Ph3 data (regeneron mAb). Dexamethasone is a super common corticosteroid. The rest are OTC medicines.

Trump may die, but based on COVID mortality rates in his age group he has a ~90-95% chance of not dying. If you have money and the hospital/doctors don't care about rationing medicine then it's not surprising to get these meds.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Scott Forstall posted:

lmao it will be straight-up Weekend at Donny's after he's released

Like seriously, the American public KNOWS that once you start showing symptoms it lasts a while and requires recovery time, the idea that they're even considering going "and he's all good, back to 100%, everything's fine here folks!" after three days is downright insulting

It's like calling in sick for pneumonia and then showing up at work the next day like there's no problem

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

as a reminder, these cross-tabs usually have high MOEs because of a low sample size and should be taken with a big grain of salt - good or bad.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

dwarf74 posted:

I don't think there's much mystery here - Trump is getting the kitchen sink because (a) he's demanding his doctors do something even dangerous things because he believes there's a miracle cure,

Pretend that I photoshopped a gif of Emperor Trump from the Crusader Kings II mod After the End getting the "Seek treatment for illness event", mousing past the standard treatment option and mashing the experimental treatment button.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 4, 2020

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

That is probably the most interesting and telling thing to come out recently. I think this means that the GOP is writing off Pennsylvania as a target in the near term. It is going to be very interesting to see how the GOP reacts in the post-Trump era with what looks to be massive losses in places where they put a significant amount of time, money and effort in the last several decades to make in roads. If you see comprehensive election reform passed which is almost a certain thing with the next administration you are going to see a lot of losses for them even in traditionally red states.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Less Fat Luke posted:

Nah it'll say "Donald Trump (D) dies"

Famous former Clinton donor and personal friend of Jeffrey Epstein

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Djarum posted:

That is probably the most interesting and telling thing to come out recently. I think this means that the GOP is writing off Pennsylvania as a target in the near term. It is going to be very interesting to see how the GOP reacts in the post-Trump era with what looks to be massive losses in places where they put a significant amount of time, money and effort in the last several decades to make in roads. If you see comprehensive election reform passed which is almost a certain thing with the next administration you are going to see a lot of losses for them even in traditionally red states.
That's probably reading into it too much. Some Republican lawmakers are smart enough to cash in on their guaranteed lobbying job while they are still young enough to enjoy their payday.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Djarum posted:

It does not make sense to me Toomey's retiring because he thinks he'll lose: running in 2022 is likely to be an advantageous year for an incumbent republican running in a swing state.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

stev posted:

It seems wild that they're even talking about releasing him since everyone says day 5-7 is the real danger zone. Unless he tested positive 5 days earlier than they admitted. :iiam:

They absolutely 100% are not, this is something the administration demanded the doctors say not any sort of reflection of reality

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/taddmike/status/1312609408841646080?s=20

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1312609645941456896?s=20

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Lassitude posted:

He still needs an MD to sign off on it and a nurse to go grab it. Giving treatment orders due to patient pressure rather than medical reasoning would be a pretty unwise thing to do. Especially if that patient is a grandpa president with gravy for blood who has a decent chance of dying anyway and if he does, his chart will be examined with a microscope.

Plus a corticosteroid is not the kind of thing a patient just screams for here. Like the remdesivir and Regeneron treatments, sure, he might just get that stuff regardless, but the dex has a specific use case because it's an immunosuppressant.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

KingNastidon posted:

Why are we posting Seth Abramson tweets as if they mean anything? Again, the mainstream media coverage of the course of treatments is incredibly sensationalistic. The safety profile and rate of severe adverse events of remdesivir and the regeneron mAb aren't bad at all, they're just not very efficacious (remdesivir) or don't have proven Ph3 data (regeneron mAb). Dexamethasone is a super common corticosteroid. The rest are OTC medicines.

Trump may die, but based on COVID mortality rates in his age group he has a ~90-95% chance of not dying. If you have money and the hospital/doctors don't care about rationing medicine then it's not surprising to get these meds.

'common' doesn't mean 'safe'. like from some googling its commonly used by like, cancer patients, especially for chemotherapy.

Just the list of common side effects of dexamethasone is concerning, let alone uncommon or rare effects. There's no way they're giving that to Trump if isn't experiencing strong symptoms.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This 'we're discharging him tomorrow' screams of them trying to placate the markets. Didn't I just read the other day that he waited to leave the WH on Friday until the markets closed?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

This 'we're discharging him tomorrow' screams of them trying to placate the markets. Didn't I just read the other day that he waited to leave the WH on Friday until the markets closed?

Might is doing a ton of work.

Someone call Shawn Hannity and have him tell the president to take hydroxy!

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m a doc that deals day in and day out with covid patients right now and just watched the presser and have some thoughts. Please, this isn’t medical advice or some expert opinion I’m still a goon that plays video games all the time, but I’m fairly far out from residency at this point and work primarily as an inpatient physician.

1. If he already has lung damage on ct scan or CXR that’s not a good sign. That, plus the very early hypoxia, means he’s already cleared about three of the first few hurdles that means he’s on his way to getting worse.

2. He’s the only human in the world to have received the monoclonal antibody cocktail, remdesivir, AND dexamathasone. Yes, we don’t give these for mild cases. But a) there’s a lot of good current research supporting the use of early initiation of systemic steroids in covid because it seems to help. B) he’s the president so of course he will get it all. So who knows what complications they’ve set him up for. He will certainly be hyperglycemic on the dex and I kind of wonder how he’s tolerating having to stomach insulin shots 4x a day rn.

3. His doc, dr Conley, obviously was told to “be energetic” yesterday and muffed it up but when he let the mask fall in the midst of a storm of questions today, he seemed.. honest. I don’t think Trump’s vitals are probably that bad right now. But nobody’s would be. Really. Not a single person 3 days out from diagnosis is already tubed. The time course of this is just longer and it’s really day 5-9 that will decide the rest of his life. Not today or even tomorrow. But again, presenting early on with hypoxia and pulmonary findings is not good at all. The pulmonary changes will get worse before they get better, because the body really hates covid and mounts a fairly insane inflammatory response in the lung tissue to it. I triage a poo poo load of possible covid cases, they all go home because they have clear imaging and aren’t hypoxic. The old 80yo with a low O2 sat and infiltrates on X-ray is actually pretty drat rare right now and they have to be admitted. They don’t get discharged two days later. They either get discharged a week or so later, or sadly not at all.

So I’m just kind of thinking the right thing to do is chill (like way way chill guys) until about Wednesday-Friday. He will either be fine or seriously ill. If he’s fine, I think that’s actually the worse outcome because he will act like it’s no biggie and he’s a big strong man and people will take this even less seriously and more people will die. But that’s just my opinion. A good solid hard hitting case that he recovers from would be best. Losing the president of America to death at any point is resoundingly awful for the country and our national security so I hope that doesn’t happen.

I think that more honesty is important, but I know they are weighing honesty against what they think is right for national security. I also think that it probably is in the country’s best interests that they just go balls out right now with every possible treatment because this is a very deadly disease for him, and again, losing the president is just an awful thing for America regardless of politics.

Thank you. This is one of the reasons why I still like SA USPOL.

They misspelled "superhero".

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 4, 2020

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1312814290143977479
tempting fate lmao

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol if he dies that $100 will have been quite the bargain

edit:

quote:

Note from Designer & Series Creator: Anthony Giannini, CEO, USAF-R
For these past four years, I have created and co-designed the Historic Moments in World History Originating with the Presidency of Donald J. Trump. As I predicted the Korean Summits would occur, with recognition for this prediction in Breitbart News, when all media thought otherwise, especially when the Summit was at one point cancelled, I am honored to pre-release the final coin for the first four years of the Presidency of Donald J. Trump in our Historic Moments in Presidential Series
The title of my new coin is President Donald J. Trump, Sperhero, Defeats Covid!
The Historic Moments Coin Art Narrative Series will Continue as we chronicle in somewhat controversial commemorative coins as art—significantly bold moments in U.S. Presidents' History

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 4, 2020

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Just a reminder that this "White House Gift Shop" is completely unaffiliated with the White House and is basically just someone grifting.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Funny, a coinflip kinda describes his chances right now.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

What the gently caress is it with Republicans and commemorative coins

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dewey defeats Truman!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

lol if he dies that $100 will have been quite the bargain

Yeah, I can't imagine what that stupid coin will sell for if Trump dies.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

I am seriously considering buying this on the off chance he carks it.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

They've been brainwashed by American Mint thanks to their voracious appetite for cable news

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm curious about the use of "negroes" here. It's not a word I see commonly used anymore. Is there a certain meaning that it is conveying in this context?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Grift

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine what that stupid coin will sell for if Trump dies.

Would you like to buy my "Donald Trump will live forever coin" it's a good investment, everyone can have a good laugh at my hubris.

That coin won't be worth anything if it's produced by an independent grifter. You need something put out officially by the Trump campaign for it to have irony value, and if nobody is going to pay its original price for the irony, again, it's not worth anything.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

Zesty posted:

We can't all be internet tough guys like you, Friend.

The responses to that are post are hilariously telling. Its not being an internet tough guy to wish for evil people in positions of power to be removed from them by death. This 'my grandma had sympathy for the nazis' shis is insane. If you are JUST now (which is what the post they responded to said) thinking 'I wish this guy would die' and are having to wrestle with that the implication is that you didn't have the same feelings about e.g
Bush. Which would suggest that you weren't as concerned about the lives of people in Iraq and Afghanistan then as you are about the lives of people in the US now. Its a fair point.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

gently caress, I want one. It could be even better than having one of these:

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

I'm curious about the use of "negroes" here. It's not a word I see commonly used anymore. Is there a certain meaning that it is conveying in this context?

It's become something of a slur gradually over the last few decades, but inconsistently over the country. I saw a post in another thread where the poster was convinced a guy writing in 1910 was a frothing rascist (they weren't, as it happens) because they used the term.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Cheap to make, easy to markup to ridiculous levels and sell to the kind of idiot that comprises their whole base.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

There Bias Two posted:

It's nothing. Just a pg13 way of saying the n-word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

There Bias Two posted:

That one line is referring specifically to those freemen or collaborators who worked with slave catchers to keep other black people in chains in order to get ahead themselves. Cameron being the lapdog for the system that oppresses black people isn't much of a metaphor, since it's more or less a one to one map cuz we're still systemically racist as gently caress and there are always opportunities for people to sell out their own. The context she's using implies the negative connotation you're feeling from it.

On the off-chance anyone sees it and thinks, "oh we should copy her" -- don't. If you're not black yourself, calling someone out in the way she did would be pretty drat racist. Same reason why you should avoid calling black people "Uncle Tom"s.