Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

DC Murderverse posted:

I hope that they just got all of the unfunny out of the way at the beginning

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Comcast, please take ESPN off my bill this year.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

ArtVandelay posted:

I know I'm getting old because I don't know who most of the musical guests are anymore. Morgan Wallen?

he's modern country and has had florida georgia line on his singles. it's perfectly acceptable not to know who he is.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
cool lowkey ad for thps1&2

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
why is he playing a PSX game on PS2

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This skit is dope as poo poo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
She is so himble.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
to be fair I would have had the same reaction if I saw 2020 graphics in 2000

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
that skit had potential but his aloof teenager accent kept shifting into a Mexican cholo accent.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Winkie01 posted:

to be fair I would have had the same reaction if I saw 2020 graphics in 2000

And that Tony Hawk remaster is great too. If they had made this skit a few years ago it would have been about trying to avoid the future where Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 happened

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

You think she’s gonna do WAP tonight? Or did the censors take one look at the lyrics for that one and say “uh this is just gonna be one long blank”

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Megan the Stallion has more power in her song than I have, ever.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:hellyeah: gently caress cameron

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I appreciate the shot at Cameron

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Asians on SNL!?

I was around a fish tank with a lizard in it. Not sure if the person who owned it, ever fed it.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 4, 2020

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I used to follow the Canucks, now I follow the Knicks

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Everybody hates Chris except his ex-wife.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
SNL: Now with 100 more tease!

SHVPS4DETH posted:

holy poo poo bill burr?! that's gna be smtg

You can always tell the people who have the OP on Ignore by when they react to the Next Week tease

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mortal Kombat!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
camp bitch
nurse wedgie

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

pwn posted:

You can always tell the people who have the OP on Ignore by when they react to the Next Week tease

i skimmed it :negative:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lot of musical interludes in this episode. Not that I'm complaining.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Holy poo poo, I think that was Maddie Rice. She used to be in the Stay Human band on Colbert

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
im reminded of taran killam's eminem impression in which he can't say half the words bc they'd be censored

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Finally caught up to live. This has been a pretty bad episode so far. Jim Carey’s Biden was awful and there was too much pausing during cold open. The monologue wasn’t even good.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 4, 2020

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is bad. Well, this is what to not do from this season forward. Ouch.

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
And this was the show they had an entire summer to work out.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
above average ep, not a lot of standouts other than "the bottom half of your face", no outright stinkers either

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

SHVPS4DETH posted:

above average ep, not a lot of standouts other than "the bottom half of your face", no outright stinkers either

I agree, it was better than average but only because the skits were all average :v:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The name puns skit was really funny. It wasn’t anything topical or really witty or smart or well thought out but if you don’t laugh at Moe Lester Jr. or Jeffery B. Epstein I dunno what to tell you

pwn
May 27, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Lot of musical interludes in this episode. Not that I'm complaining.

Yeah, the teases have been expanded from 7 to 15 seconds. Boss!

pwn
May 27, 2004

show was meh. more live material than I had guessed, but still a lot of pretaped bits. cold open was awful, usual snl cold opens. WU was good.

along with Maddie Rice apparently having replaced Jared Scharff on guitar, longtime trumpeter Earl Gardner (joined in 1985) appears to be gone, having been replaced by Ravi Best, who got a shot during the goodnights. Whether or not this is permanent, I don’t know.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Mr. Powers posted:

Thanks to whomever suggested Ted Lasso. I am perfectly happy with Sudeikis being unavailable for this reason.

I only wish I could watch it. But I am not Appling my TV for one show, even if it's based on two hilarious long-form commercials meant to get Americans excited about Premiere League soccer coverage. (An English coworker of mine who dislikes what they call "football" absolutely adored the Lasso bits when I gave her the links to the YouTube videos a few years back.)

Anyway...

... I like Sudeikis' Biden better because of the manic energy he brought to the table. It was a caricature, obviously, but a fun one. "I have a long story about that, and it's problematic. OK, the year was nineteen hundred whoopsidaisy, and...." I love it. Carey seems to be relying on heavy prosthetic makeup to look the part, and he's doing a bit more of a straight-up impression of Biden. It's impressive as an impression, but I prefer Sudeikis' cartoonish version. I will say that Carey wears it better than Woody Harrelson, who like Carey seemed to rely on looks more than bringing anything interesting to the performance. Carey is going full Biden, where Woody was basically smiling with big, fake teeth and giving it the good ol' community college GED program try.

Honestly, I thought the episode was OK. I had several belly laughs, but there were some flat spots. Weekend Update was pretty good, and at least one of the jokes seems like the kind that Michael Che would force Colin Jost to read on the Christmas show.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

The name puns skit was really funny. It wasn’t anything topical or really witty or smart or well thought out but if you don’t laugh at Moe Lester Jr. or Jeffery B. Epstein I dunno what to tell you

Edith Puthy.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

You are a nerd posted:

And this was the show they had an entire summer to work out.

People who think that the SNL writers and cast sit around in 30 Rock all summer long scheming for the next show are the same people who thought their teachers lived at their school.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Only two laughs of the episode for me were “my mom is married to Kenan Thompson?!” and the RBG “Rest in Power” title card.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Carrey's Biden was terrible. He was just playing Jim Carrey.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

General Dog posted:

Only two laughs of the episode for me were “my mom is married to Kenan Thompson?!” and the RBG “Rest in Power” title card.

Kate Mackinnon doing a little bow was absolutely the worst way to play that. It was the cringiest thing I think I’ve seen on SNL and I watched the entire trump episode.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

DC Murderverse posted:

Duncan Dixon-Coffey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

hanales posted:

Kate Mackinnon doing a little bow was absolutely the worst way to play that. It was the cringiest thing I think I’ve seen on SNL and I watched the entire trump episode.

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I preferred this than her coming out singing a song on a piano or something.