Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

The text reminds me of Ethiopian.

Amharic?

https://twitter.com/tsukkiskys/status/1288333950876884994?s=19

Whitey ruins everything.

this is actually a pro-Oromo campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Quarantine sucks. Take care, bro.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Quarantine sucks. Take care, bro.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

bout halfway through the Management of Savagery because I felt like I didn't know much of anything about the Middle East and goddamn this poo poo is miserable

e: to share, even though I know it's horribly off topic but don't shame me plz, maybe one of the weirdest things I had read about was Thomas Goutierre, head of the University of Nebraska's Center for Afghanistan Studies, helped produce school textbooks for Afghanistan after the communist government was couped and replaced with the Taliban.

nut has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Oct 2, 2020

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Blumenthal’s book on Israel, Goliath, is also a must read. It fully details how Israel is a fascist ethnostate.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

of all those stupid meme posts written in Amharic my favorite was the random one I popped into a translator that the poster customized with "also you have a small dick"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mackers posted:

its True sorry guys

i totes revealed mysel;f by not being loving bonkers

please seek help

I'm glad that you live by your words and that you follow your own advice :)

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
don’t bully someone apologizing, that’s what the deep state wants us to do

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

nut posted:

bout halfway through the Management of Savagery because I felt like I didn't know much of anything about the Middle East and goddamn this poo poo is miserable

e: to share, even though I know it's horribly off topic but don't shame me plz, maybe one of the weirdest things I had read about was Thomas Goutierre, head of the University of Nebraska's Center for Afghanistan Studies, helped produce school textbooks for Afghanistan after the communist government was couped and replaced with the Taliban.

what the gently caress

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

drjuggalo posted:

don’t bully someone apologizing, that’s what the deep state wants us to do

Notice how our bigly wettest boy never does? Fighting the DEEP STATE.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

what the gently caress

yeah they were made with the point of jihad indoctrination, they were later used by other caliphates but included some censoring, not of the violence in them but because of religious depictions that were sacrilegious

“One group of mujahedin attacks 50 Russian soldiers. In that attack 20 Russians are killed. How many Russians fled?”

e: went back and updated with the quote from the book

nut has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Oct 2, 2020

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Thread posted:

Does anyone know how to check the image files for steganographic messages being passed around with them? Maybe the text is a distraction from something else going on

Or maybe it's just poo poo left out for Q-Anons to eat up

Or both

I doubt it's even worth checking, Twitter seems to automatically reencode images in ways that would probably destroy hidden data.

Trump tweets are some of the highest-attention things on Twitter and people reply to them to try to leech some attention. Coordinating to post a bunch of spooky images in the replies mostly just seems like something a bunch of kids from a Roblox server or something might come up with for fun. It's not impossible that someone would utilize that impression to hide a secret communication in plain sight, but you can say that about anything innocuous.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wasabi the J posted:

The text reminds me of Ethiopian.

Amharic?

https://twitter.com/tsukkiskys/status/1288333950876884994?s=19

Whitey ruins everything.

some of them were also using hindi/urdu

i saw one crossposted and had to do a double take

Goatse James Bond has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Oct 3, 2020

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/armystrang/status/1312243544644562944

Another strange moment

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

A common typo. The keys are like right next to each other.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

shame on an IGA posted:

lmao at the end of the article he literally says his job is to run psyops on the rest of the staff

quote:

What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of? Tell us about it.

I am in my last year of graduate school, pursuing a Master’s in Science in the field of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. When people hear the term “I/O psychology,” their response is usually, “Oh cool! Uh, what is that, exactly?”

To me, the field of I/O Psychology is all about using scientific methodologies to help organizations and their people maximize their operations and outcomes. Like a therapist helps an individual, an I/O Psychologist treats an organization. Helping organizations and their people both reach their true potential cannot happen without both parties understanding their roles and being passionate about the mutual benefits that exist within that dynamic, so I find many rewards in developing practices that help organizations recognize the value of their employees, and that assist employees in realizing their potential and increasing their engagement with the organization.

This is so wierd to me. What can explain this guy? Why would a spy want to bottle the vaccine? To start, I'm not sure of Webb's claim -- is he a spy or did he just work with spies during combat tours as a linguist? What's the bottling company's unsafe record she's written of, and why are they getting to do it?

Next, why does he study "doing psyops on your company, professionally"? What is I/O Psychology really?

Is there grooming or recruiting being done on I/O Psychologists? Is it altogether just some new corporate cover for learning crowd manipulation (psyops)? Some new form of tradecraft we should be brushing up on ourselves?

The "I/O Psychology" field not only inspired this creepy ("ex") intelligence spook-adjacent virus guy to speak glowingly of it, but I also found out this:

• The field's central organization is literally called SIOP, pronounced "psy-op" by Youtubers. Uh. That's a cute new detail.
  • Youtubers discuss using that org's website to get a foot in the door---it's a fairly widely offered degree at major schools, and the SIOP website lists them.
  • Some youtubers aggressively recruit into the field, promoting it with strong MLM vibes as a "welcoming family".
  • Intro course videos discuss I/O Psychology in extremely vague terms, focusing on what the field is NOT (it is NOT clinical psychs offering help in the workplace). Almost a careful avoidance of examples or stories. Instead they sell the eventual salary you might earn.
  • The early cirriculum is just standard psychology + business organizational concepts, branching off from that later.
  • One intro course described an I/O psych in industry as like an HR person except more forensic after a person is hired. Particularly I got the impression of sussing out worker discontent -- bad pay, bad fit, etc.

So... at a glance the purpose appears like any business program. They'll make you good at generating a profit as a leader. But why add psych to a business school, and why does it seem to come with creepy red flags? I wonder if the ultimate function of these professionals might be to help industry management indeed run psy-ops in a sense on the rest of their own company using well-tested methods. Maybe to better control projects. Or, since we know corporate America, maybe to redirect their employees during power plays, or to sabotage worker organizing.

Even if the academic side is more benign than that, the industrial practice of a field usually stacks on its own discovered hacks and practices, not discussed in academia but easily built onto the foundation. I believe there's a healthy abundance of tricks out there you can learn somewhere for manipulating workplaces. Wherever deception is practiced or trained, I'll bet they teach how to keep knowledge of plans "compartmentalized" as we discussed earlier.

If the associations with the spy universe bear out, perhaps those organizations skim off the most talented practitioners, moving them up to other types of coordinated efforts---to manipulate organizations from the inside, ones that you shouldn't belong in in the first place, to infiltrate alone or as a group.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 10:53 on Oct 3, 2020

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

You already stated the whole reason: they're union busters. They find potential organizers and come up with excuses to harass and fire them. They're Pinkertons for the modern era. Its both straightforward and insidious. The wealthy are already all connected at the top anyways, you don't need to invent an elaborate spy game infiltration scenario for that. The rich have just come to understand that the same skills that make a good spy - mapping out an organization's hierarchy, finding weak points, gathering intel - also make for a good union buster.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Stepien

STEPIEN
TSEPIEN
TESPIEN
TEPSIEN
ETPSIEN
EPTSIEN
EPSTIEN
EPSTEIN

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

gradenko_2000 posted:

STEPIEN
TSEPIEN
TESPIEN
TEPSIEN
ETPSIEN
EPTSIEN
EPSTIEN
EPSTEIN
Someone deage Epstein in FaceApp please...

nut
Jul 30, 2019

just finished the Management of Savagery. Did not know Omar Mateen's dad was an FBI informant for a decade and that the FBI tried to entrap Omar into committing domestic terrorism before the shooting. Jesus.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Stepien

STEPIEN
TSEPIEN
TESPIEN
TEPSIEN
ETPSIEN
EPTSIEN
EPSTIEN
EPSTEIN

NEIPETS
NEIPEST
NEIPSET
NEISPET
NEISPTE
NEITSPE
NIETSPE

just to get more variations out of the way

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

NEOPETS ..... .

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Giga Gaia posted:

NEOPETS ..... .

neopets? scientology!
https://theoutline.com/post/4190/neopets-was-run-by-scientologists?zd=1&zi=b76ryujj

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

thread delivers always

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

what the gently caress!!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1312829990950457344

lmao at the "speculation line" still leaving out Epstein and JFK

EDIT: the phrasing even just says "JFK assassination", but then puts it OUTSIDE of the realm of "things that actually happened" - which muddies the message even further because it suggests that this person doesn't think that JFK was actually killed???

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Oct 4, 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
That chart seems to be based mostly on liberal aesthetics. "Deep State" (what does that even mean in this context?) and "Obama Birth Certificate Fake" are ranked in the absolute top tier of crazy dangerous totally outrageous conspiracy theories while Anti-Vaxxers, Covid Truthers, Chemtrail believers, 5G conspiracy theorists and Global Warming denialists are all ranked in a lower tier that apparently makes them less delusional or dangerous.

The one that really jumps out at me though is the ranking of Roswell vs. the Moon Landing Hoax. The moon landing conspiracy posits that to win the cold war the United States government staged a fake landing on the moon. The Roswell theory suggests that the United States government found a flying saucer with a crew of alien pilots and has been hiding this information for more than half a century. So here we have one theory where the government lied about an important cold war accomplishment to score an easy propaganda victory and in the other theory there has been a worldwide coverup for decades regarding an intergalactic spacecraft crash landing on earth. If you want to rank these theories in terms of their being outlandish, pseudo-scientific or politically dangerous then I honestly don't understand how you possibly come up with a system where Roswell is benign and basically harmless but the moon landing hoax is literally more dangerous than being a Covid truther.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

smothering intergalactic peace in the crib is a hell of a lot easier than trying to explain why we'd fake an event, saving face is like the hardest thing

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
She's some dumb kid. The last century of history has too many twists that she hasn't heard of.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

gradenko_2000 posted:

EDIT: the phrasing even just says "JFK assassination", but then puts it OUTSIDE of the realm of "things that actually happened" - which muddies the message even further because it suggests that this person doesn't think that JFK was actually killed???

yeah that meme chart kid thing is dumb as hell and probably another netflix doc type thing to cast doubt on any cabal narrative imo. Epstien assassination is no where near as outlandish as all the UFO/alien poo poo. Also roswell should be right at the bottom because it was basically admitted to be a gov't disinfo operation to cover up high altitude nuke detection

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Oct 4, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Helsing posted:

"Deep State" (what does that even mean in this context?)

COINTELPRO, MKUltra, the Nayirah testimony, NSA mass surveillance, the Tuskeegee [experiments], and the FBI spying on John Lennon were all things that happened, but the "Deep State" is... completely detached from reality

also from a composition standpoint listing the Tuskegee experiments as just "Tuskeegee" is sticking in my craw like "JFK assassination". It requires background and context to understand what's being said as though in a code, except it feels even grosser in reference to Tuskegee because that's an actual place with actual people who are being erased if the name is reduced to only ever refer to and mean the government experiments on black people.

"WayFair" and "Marilyn Monroe" also stick out like a sore thumb in that regard. You wouldn't even know what the former was unless you were extremely online enough to notice that particular talking point in the one weekend that it was happening.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it’s weird that they mention jet fuel and not 9/11 and anthrax generally

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Happy Thread posted:

She's some dumb kid. The last century of history has too many twists that she hasn't heard of.

I don't disagree that it's probably just some dumb kid but the traction it gained seems forced and intentional

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Prince Charles is a vampire???

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

She's running interference for the pedophiles and doesn't even know it.

Lol that "antisemitic" line. Satanic panic? Kubrick's moon landing? Right, totally antisemitic...

Glad she left her tiktok @ for us to check her sources.

e: but the world is run by shadowy elites!

Backweb has issued a correction as of 21:14 on Oct 4, 2020

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
To be fair to her I think her methodology isn't bad just her implementation is a big :thunk:

I'm really ignorant on the academic language and approach to conspiracy stuff but it makes sense to have some delineation between these are objectively true things we can prove and a sort of increasing scale to like speculated gov disinfo poo poo to q-anon psychos.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Happy Thread posted:

Trump caught COVID finally, but I don't want the below detail to get lost in the mix. Distraction campaign? Some isolated shitposting loon?

edit: replaced with screenshots just in case; click through to quote for twitter links

edit: added another

internet witches have been hornt to cast a hex on trump or something so I figure this is probably the best thing they managed to get together that people can actually notice happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

also sorry to anyone with some similar religion offended by this. I’m goony as gently caress and think all faiths are basically only good to hype yourself and a group of like minded believers up for whatever