Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Please define "flawlessly"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I like how he thinks being alternatively constipated and having liquid poo is healthy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I like how he thinks being alternatively constipated and having liquid poo is healthy.

Assuming there were no other side effects and it was precise enough I could schedule around it and be in a bathroom with both a toilet and shower when it happened, not pooping for three days and then twenty minutes of explosive diarrhea would be kinda nice.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

People have already dogged on most of this, but the title of "head of state who has been infected with COVID-19" is one he shares with Bolsonaro and Boris Johnson. I haven't looked at any corona stats from Brazil, but I am still confident stating that anyone capable of pattern recognition would not make this argument.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Assuming there were no other side effects and it was precise enough I could schedule around it and be in a bathroom with both a toilet and shower when it happened, not pooping for three days and then twenty minutes of explosive diarrhea would be kinda nice.

yeah uh, having had that, it burns the whole time and is absolutely not nice

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Adams remains one of the stupidest human beings on the entire planet bar none

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skwirl posted:

I dunno what your food/poop situation is like but my dude it cannot be good if you think that sounds appealing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I haven't looked at any corona stats from Brazil, but I am still confident stating that anyone capable of pattern recognition would not make this argument.
It's probably worse than you're expecting, then, since they're barely trailing the US in total cases despite having a population of about 210 million.

Brazil's in bad shape - third worldwide in total case count after India and the US, and for the same reason as the latter, not the former.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I'm not sure 'Lord Shepherd Tulips d'Medici' is being entirely serious.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Unkempt posted:

It's the internet. Everyone is completely serious until proven otherwise.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Isn't raw/unpasteurized honey one of the natural homes for Botulism?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Unkempt posted:

Not entirely serious and seeing how far they can get before they have to claim it was all a ruse are the same thing. Also that's exactly the sort of oversalted larper bullshit title I'd expect from a raw meat dingus.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

We Got Us A Bread posted:

1) Yes
2) Not a serious danger unless you're a child, pregnant or immunocompromised.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

All I know is you're not supposed to give it to babies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

yuuuuup

None of these idiots ever stop to consider that maybe there's a good reason why humans stopped eating things raw.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fister Roboto posted:

yuuuuup

None of these idiots ever stop to consider that maybe there's a good reason why humans stopped eating things raw.

Ol Dirty Bastard disagrees.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's probably worse than you're expecting, then, since they're barely trailing the US in total cases despite having a population of about 210 million.

Brazil's in bad shape - third worldwide in total case count after India and the US, and for the same reason as the latter, not the former.

I was trying to say that I already knew Brazil would be a top 3 contender but yeah, that is even worse than I was expecting.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Unkempt posted:

He's a crypto guy, so the limits to his credulity are entirely theoretical

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Volcott posted:

All I know is you're not supposed to give it to babies.

Edit: apparently everything I say here is wrong and I'm the idiot on social media

You're better than the people who used to run the day care I worked at

They got a deal on honey thickened apple juice at one point and we're going to serve that instead of apple juice and then someone pointed out you can't serve young kids honey

Len has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Oct 5, 2020

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

yuuuuup

it's fine to eat raw honey, the main benefit to processing is to remove bits of wax and dead bee. pasteurization extends the shelf life too. but honey is one of those things that most people can eat directly from nature, if you can figure out how to deal with the angry bees

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

What kind/cut of meat is that anyway? It looks like corned beef but darker.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Len posted:

You're better than the people who used to run the day care I worked at

They got a deal on honey thickened apple juice at one point and we're going to serve that instead of apple juice and then someone pointed out you can't serve young kids honey

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but that's apple juice at the thickness of honey not thickened with honey. It's for people with medical conditions that weaken their epiglottis enough for them to be able to eat normal food without choking.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

rodbeard posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but that's apple juice at the thickness of honey not thickened with honey. It's for people with medical conditions that weaken their epiglottis enough for them to be able to eat normal food without choking.

Huh I was not

I just know there was some reason they couldn't serve it to the children and I ended up drinking most of it before it went bad

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Did you not notice that it was incredibly viscous?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Captain Monkey posted:

Did you not notice that it was incredibly viscous?

I assumed it was that way because it was thickened with honey :shrug:

I did edit my original post to add I was the idiot on social media

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

People have already dogged on most of this, but the title of "head of state who has been infected with COVID-19" is one he shares with Bolsonaro and Boris Johnson. I haven't looked at any corona stats from Brazil, but I am still confident stating that anyone capable of pattern recognition would not make this argument.

Johnson is head of government, Elizabeth II is head of state for the UK.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Subjunctive posted:

Elizabeth II is head of state for the UK.

And Australia. Still. As in we had a chance some years ago to make sure our head of state was not the Queen of a foreign country and we decided against it.

Australians are smart.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

BrigadierSensible posted:

And Australia. Still. As in we had a chance some years ago to make sure our head of state was not the Queen of a foreign country and we decided against it.

Australians are smart.

All that after she stepped in to fire a very popular sitting Prime Minister, something that she can apparently do*.

*It came out this year that the Queen was specifically not a part of this decision or involved in any way.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

yuuuuup

Honey should actually be eaten raw. Just not by infants. “Raw cheese” and carrot juice are also fine. That person should probably not eat so much raw meat though, that’s most likely going to be what ultimately fucks them up.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Unless you know exactly where it's coming from, raw meat is in general not a great idea. Factory farms are pathogen engines.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it kind of looks salt-cured? that might be wishful thinking, though

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

tl:dr; Raw meat is the tits.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Cleretic posted:

All that after she stepped in to fire a very popular sitting Prime Minister, something that she can apparently do*.

*It came out this year that the Queen was specifically not a part of this decision or involved in any way.

Back in the day I was almost rabidly republican (as in anti monarch) but having seen the results of "popularly elected head of state", I feel like we actually dodged a bullet in not having a parliament and executive that actively work against each other.

I'm not especially pro-monarchy, but maybe we could just do an annual lottery and make that person figurehead of state for a year at a time.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

yuuuuup

also they dont ask themeselves "how did these other civilizations on the other side of the planet build equalivalent or even greater stuff when they didnt have 'carrots'/some other regional veggie."

also carrots werent always orange.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BrigadierSensible posted:

Australians are smart.

President Tony Abbott.
President Scott Morrison.

Australians dodged a bullet. Sure it was one they fired at their own head but still dodged.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Party Ape posted:

Back in the day I was almost rabidly republican (as in anti monarch) but having seen the results of "popularly elected head of state", I feel like we actually dodged a bullet in not having a parliament and executive that actively work against each other.

I'm not especially pro-monarchy, but maybe we could just do an annual lottery and make that person figurehead of state for a year at a time.

It helps a bit that the Queen herself is a veteran. She was a mechanic and truck driver in WW2. That's probably earned her more than a few props. Can't speak to the rest of the family though :P

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

It helps a bit that the Queen herself is a veteran. She was a mechanic and truck driver in WW2. That's probably earned her more than a few props. Can't speak to the rest of the family though :P

She's only the Queen because her uncle was a nazi.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

This is definitely not good - as someone who had diverticulitis about 5 years ago that had to be fixed surgically, please, for the love of god, pay attention to a balanced diet.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Reminds me of those people who get tattoos that supposedly mean "strength" in Chinese but actually translate to "I like figure skating" (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

"It means 'fortitude' in Chinese!"

"Well, technically, crab rangoon can give you fortitude..."

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Oct 5, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Normally I'd say "OP is not the idiot," but by their own admission they look at MAGA twitter on purpose.

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1312933203422908417?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

She's only the Queen because her uncle was a nazi.

Actually they started prepping her to be queen before all that. At some point they just assumed Edward wasn't going to have a legitimate heir and they'd better be ready for the crown to pass to her.