Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

also cloner voted dgk when hawke was -1. you're arguing in (hey kids im about to say this weeks secret phrase, cheer when you hear it!) bad faith (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What if DGK and hawke were both scum with Cloner though?

I honestly don’t recall if anyone else was up for the vote when that happened though. I can see DGK who expended his powers being less useful than Hawke and scum sacrificing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are all the quotes at the end of votecount real?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Again

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't have any reasoning for it, it's just mod error

You know who sticks to the exact same wording even when multiple people are explaining to them why it makes no sense? People who are making cases up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah they are

What is the purpose of Hawkes fake guns if there is no gunsmith, I guess it could be a giant red herring though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could be an arsonist, modified cult leader, or a red herring entirely.
But if Hawke and Cloner are both scum then they'd know what, if anything, the guns do, and can easily come up with the gunsmith claim

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

lol it looks like we have a sleepy town game. wake up and vote for the most obvious scum ever in retro. like how do you just quietly ignore wildly sloppy play like that. he may as well have scum slipped. and i remind you guys that hum confirmed my actions like minutes after my flip, and he doesn't run a sloppy shop.

I feel like you think you caught a fish and will not be convinced there is nothing on the line

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Most of them, yes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

"Mr. Steak blows chunks" - George W. Bush

Especially this one.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Gumball Gumption posted:

Honestly at this point I think it's more likely you're town. I went back through your interactions with Scientastic expecting to make a case but walked away feeling like you're both town and that Scientastic has a decent case against Dead Cow and between DC and Cheese I think DC is the better lunch and the more likely to be scum. ##vote Dead Cow

rereading and this vote is super hedgy to the point where I don’t think they believed it

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

SNG and binus being able to visit Sandwolf N1 (seemingly directly? ie not redirected from Hal) but RF’s power failing doesn’t make sense atm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's possible I was blocked N1. My result was that I was unable to find Sandwolf which made me think he was jailed or something, but in retrospect might have just been me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

The investigative roles are all fakeable for scum, playing bingo at this stage I’d vote Cloner > cheese > Hal but I want to look over some things first.

binus, Cena and RF could be scum but they have confirmed actions which aren’t the mystery roleblock and/or poisoning I’m looking for. GG could be a scum role (or the masonry could be fake) but at least on the face of the claim it wasn’t them on N1.

Sandwolf I’m unsure about atm.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In what way is RF actions confirmable?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That feels like really really loose logic to “confirm” binus, RF and Cena, too?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

That feels like really really loose logic to “confirm” binus, RF and Cena, too?

Well flipped town sci at least confirmed N2 that a questioner and messenger visited him so that’s a bit more understandable. Doesn’t clear up N1 poisoning though

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

In what way is RF actions confirmable?

Posting that I was targeted by a roleblock before I had said my action failed last night seems to confirm something doesn’t it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Posting that I was targeted by a roleblock before I had said my action failed last night seems to confirm something doesn’t it?

He never said anything about you be targeted where did you come up with that?

I think he just said Cheese used “roleblock”

Hmmmm

Either way if RF is scum he’s almost certainly the roleblocker so he would know

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

He never said anything about you be targeted where did you come up with that?

I think he just said Cheese used “roleblock”

Hmmmm

Either way if RF is scum he’s almost certainly the roleblocker so he would know

That’s something although cheese did claim he targeted me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Paranoid/insane cop sounds like a decent fake claim for a roleblocker as it provides a reason to be out visiting people.

So does “detective,” when I think about it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can you not see any danger to confirming someone off this particular logic? Don’t like the leap here, what do you know

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Can you not see any danger to confirming someone off this particular logic? Don’t like the leap here, what do you know

Could be a fake claim from RF I suppose. The bus driver flip makes it less simple than cheese blocked me.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

On a reread Cloner seems kinda town lol

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Retro Futurist posted:

Could be an arsonist, modified cult leader, or a red herring entirely.
But if Hawke and Cloner are both scum then they'd know what, if anything, the guns do, and can easily come up with the gunsmith claim
Arsonist is, from my understanding, essentially the same as a poisoner of which we've already had one poisoning.
Cult leader? OP says no alignment changes
Red herring - possibly, but I couldn't say because Steak couldn't kill and I've been blocked the other times I've attempted to use my action. Why would scum block me if my role was a red herring?

Sandwolf posted:

Hal, the two last reads in that Cloner post feel very “poo poo I need more reads.” Because binus “deliberately disingenuous”? (As opposed to what?) Hal... “feels odd.,” and that’s enough to put you on level with binus?
I get it, you're pissed because I've mentioned the question thing three times now. The questions I asked you are probably no longer that relevant given the amount of time that has passed but the part that sticks out is that you deliberately ignored them and when you actually make a response it's this garbage.

Anyway, b-minus didn't even react when I called him out on being disingenuous here and here. He's seen those posts, they were back to back and he was the next person to post in thread. His case is flimsy at best.

Hal does have an odd presence about him this game, feels different to the few other games I've played with him. And his claim to see if people "have killed" just pinged me when he expected to have a result on N1 before anyone was dead.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 4

Cloner of the Elks (3): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, b-minus1, b-minus1, Sandwolf, Retro Futurist, cheese sandwich
Retro Futurist (2): JOHN CENA, Cloner of the Elks
cheese sandwich (1): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, b-minus1
Gumball Gumption (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): Gumball Gumption, Hal Incandenza, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 05th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 53 minutes.

"I'm not into this detail stuff. I'm more concepty." - Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

cheese sandwich posted:

Lol these are three sequential posts;

And cloner doesn't really engage with the DGK vote aside from following Sci off of Hawke for flavour reasons & onto DGK;

He spends more time complaining about sandwolf not engaging with him in the thread than he does responding to anything regarding DGK. This reads like a newbie scum tendency to ignore his scum buddies. ##vote cloner

Cloner voting for scum DGK but in the wrong way is an odd case to make and is scummy to me

Especially from someone who managed to find their way onto mis-dunking DC and not dunking scum DGK

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

During the night phase Cheese had been thinking Hawke might be scum, felt like this was more Hawke's scum game.

this is an interesting comment which has pinged me for a while but it’s more obvious now.

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong! but I’ve played two games with cheese that I can see and rolled town both times.

So cheese were you going through the back catalogue of games or did someone make that comment in scumchat? Or am I misremembering something

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I can kinda see a case for sandwolf based on so much of their posts (especially early) being asking other people’s opinions instead of giving their own reads, questions/reactions to setup info like they’ve never played before and going after amni/DC but the astonished newbie kind of reactions don’t come off as forced to me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Will look at RF and Hal when I wake up

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

While I’m sitting on the way to a job site waiting for a cop to write me a ticket;

Cloner voting for scum DGK but in the wrong way is an odd case to make and is scummy to me

Especially from someone who managed to find their way onto mis-dunking DC and not dunking scum DGK

Tell me what’s odd about it.

The DC vote was to avoid NL, your second point discounts the possibility that that day could’ve been between two scum and ignores that the case on you was a decent one.

this is an interesting comment which has pinged me for a while but it’s more obvious now.

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong! but I’ve played two games with cheese that I can see and rolled town both times.

So cheese were you going through the back catalogue of games or did someone make that comment in scumchat? Or am I misremembering something

Gumball either misunderstood or misstated. No offense meant but I don’t recall playing with you at all before this game, I don’t have any scum meta for you. I just thought you were acting scummy and pushing a bad case on me at the time and said such.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I do not understand why cheese and rf aren't voting each other. But ok, chalk it up to night action fuckery.
RF sat at -3 for almost 24 hours and now doesn't have any votes. I don't know what that means.

It would not shock me if hawke is scum, but I don't have a case based in content, only in night action discrepancies between his results and RF/cheese.
I think I will be comfortable voting cloner but need to think about it some more.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
16 players
1 bounty hunter with two targets (one town, one unflipped)
4 scum
1 3p bp joat/sk/poisoner who knows?? lol

hmm maybe on n1, scum tried to kill cloner but failed due to bp, and cloner poisoned steak who died the following night. could explain why there werent any deaths

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am hopping on a plane for a few hours then I’ll be around. I’m still really unsure here. I think my preference at the moment is hawke over Cloner then probably cheese over RF but I’m not going to lie I don’t feel super confident in any of it

Going to think about this on the flight instead of how freaked out I am by the shady people next to me on the plane

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

b-minus1 posted:

16 players
1 bounty hunter with two targets (one town, one unflipped)
4 scum
1 3p bp joat/sk/poisoner who knows?? lol

hmm maybe on n1, scum tried to kill cloner but failed due to bp, and cloner poisoned steak who died the following night. could explain why there werent any deaths

Genuine question: Has there ever been a time where someone is given a role (in my case, gunsmith) which doesn't actually do 'what it says on the tin' and does something entirely different?
Like, I'm bewildered as to why there was no kill N1, but Steak died N2 after being poisoned N1. I've been roleblocked ever since and conveniently there have been no more poisonings.

I might be writing a death warrant for myself here but I maintain that I am a gunsmith (or at least I believe I'm a gunsmith)

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I don't even know if it's a thing but I hope I'm not going around unknowingly poisoning people

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloner that exact thing has happened before and got me screwed as scum.

Here’s the story: so in a Harry Potter mafia there was a protection spell people were given, I was given it as scum and mostly sat on it as a fakeclaim. I eventually taught someone the spell all trying to use it to gain credibility.

If I had ever actually used the spell I would have seen it was actually a watch ability, NOT a protective ability. I got lunched.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
So although my result seems to reflect what I expected, it does make me wonder if it has a secondary ability I don't realise?
I gunsmithed Steak and was told he couldn't kill anyone, but Hawke says he gave him a gun. A useless gun, apparently, so I wonder if I got a negative result because my investigation happened before a gun was given, or if it's because the gun is useless, or perhaps I can't actually gunsmith anyone at all and just poison them instead.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect anymore and if anyone thinks this is the situation then I totally understand wanting to cuddle me.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

RF reads pretty townish to me, having run games with similar “night action fuckery” as he put it I can see how an occasional mod slop would happen.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I could be convinced of cloner but those last few posts are very town. I'm feeling more scum energy from JC and the insistence that RF has to be lying. If it is a lie it's bad to the point of absurd and it just feels like a sloppy shop.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

To be more specific, I can see the arguments for cloner being scum but my gut feels like he's townie so I'll be big mad if he flips town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I have to say I lean town on Hal atm, especially their casing/questioning of DGK, although I find Hal a bit credulous about some of the other claims around.