Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1313080386768056322?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So to recap

He pretends it wasnt a big deal and told everyone to keep it as secret
Was rushed to the hospital, terrified about dying for the first time in his life maybe ever
30ish White House people are infected because of him basically
He got very bored
Commanded he go home

holy poo poo this is the most reckless thing he's ever done all because he wasnt getting the good tv and/or big macs every day.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hopeandjoy posted:

This is exactly it: the only people with anti-air capabilities around DC are the same people who take orders from the president. Therefore it’s safer and faster to take a helicopter than deal with the actual hell on Earth that is DC metro area traffic.

I cannot emphasize enough how god awful DC traffic is.

I think there is also a bit of a gentleman's agreement between the feds and the various governments of the DC metro. The governments will pave the way for motorcades whenever they are asked to, provided they aren't asked to very often.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't have the allergy itself but I absolutely will never understand it either. Like, it's an allergy, tons of people have allergies to various food things, but somehow this gets singled out. I feel like it's a different story outside of the US. Like hell, even Italy, think of the sheer volume of carbs folks consume in that country, but IIRC the wheat there has a lower gluten % and then on top of that, if you have celiacs you get a monthly stipend from the government to spend on gluten-free stuff, and on top of that it's the straight up law there that all public places like schools/malls/etc. offer some gluten free stuff. Like that's carb/dariy/pork/shellfish central but it's still crazy easy to eat whatever you need to eat.

There are a non-trivial number of people in the US, without celiacs, who have convinced themselves that gluten is literal poison. "How could you feed that poison to your kids!" etc. Enough that many people have had first hand experience with them, and those that don't have heard stories. They absolutely should be made fun of, but not in the dumb manly-man way the MAGAs do it, and with the understanding that some people do have a medical condition where gluten causes them distress.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/1313187424827138048

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Glumwheels posted:

The NYT will run a headline after Biden wins on Nov 4th “why hasn’t the Biden administration slowed the virus spread?”.

online MagaChuds are also already going "well, if Trump loses it was due to illegal voting - but I can't wait to blame Biden for EVERYTHING including the debt!"

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Those 3 days where (anecdotally) mask usage shot way up and nobody griped about covid we’re really nice.

Out of curiosity, what state(/area of the US) did you see this in? I'm in Minneapolis and people are good with wearing masks regardless. But yea, I believe that mask wearing might have gone up with these few days in areas where most people don't.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump is going to spread this to more people isn’t he.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313186529058136070

If even an iota of the reporting on the president's condition is correct, this is stupid and reckless

Shut up

I support the president's decision to discharge himself against all sound medical advice 110%

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump is going to spread this to more people isn’t he.

Marine one pilots at least

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

We don't know much information about the president's condition but, if he was infected late Thursday (which, again, we don't know because we don't know when he last tested negative), that means he's only four days into a disease that lasts up to fourteen days. Not only is he likely still highly infectious, but he likely hasn't faced the worst symptoms yet, which tend to manifest late.

200,000 people are dead and Trump, an elderly, moderately obese man is planning to stroll back into the West Wing as if everything's normal.

EDIT: Meanwhile, Ron loving Johnson is threatening to expose all of his colleagues by trying to show up physically to the ACB hearings in a hazmat suit or some poo poo

https://twitter.com/TheoKeith/status/1313175373472038918

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 5, 2020

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

sexpig by night posted:

she's an ancap, they voted her because she's a libertarian on steroids, I'm really sick of her being used as an example of some 'own' or whatever, a bunch of deeply right wing assholes elected a deeply right wing rear end in a top hat who happens to be a trans woman.
She also ran unopposed in the GOP primary (a primary that happened in September, separate from the better publicized presidential primaries), and it looks like she got roughly the same number of total votes cast in that county/precinct for every other GOP race. She's facing a Democratic incumbent who has walked away with the last four elections. It's believable that the vast majority of her votes were people who had no idea what her position was, but promoting the whole "people will vote for ANYONE with an R by their name" thing while describing an unopposed closed Republican primary is pretty tautological.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

VitalSigns posted:

Shut up

I support the president's decision to discharge himself against all sound medical advice 110%

Yeah, kind of hard to be angry at this. Short of stopping all treatment (which even the bookies won't let me place a bet on), this is pretty good for my Trump deadpool.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

If even an iota of the reporting on the president's condition is correct, this is stupid and reckless

"I got a unique treatment that literally no one else on earth can get. Y'all are a bunch of pussies."

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Medical/sci twitter has been in a state of nonstop "WTF are you doing?!!!" since Friday. poo poo I just work in pharma and I feel like banging my head against the wall. I don't care if Trump dies, but he's just exposing so many innocent people in the process (not the GOPers, but the household staff, journalists, family members of the ill, etc)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

There's zero chance that there isn't a bed and a ventilator sitting just off camera in the oval office. There's probably six doctors sitting on their hands in the next room too.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
“Don’t be scared of it” is expertly crafted messaging when you’re one month away from the election, and 200 000+ Americans are dead.

Did Jared Kushner write this tweet?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm interested to see who's willing to get within 6 feet of him with no mask.

It'll be a test of loyalty for him

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If he has to re hospitalize, what a bad visual

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump is absolutely detoxing and just wants to go home to his Benzo supply.

We'll hear in a few days how he got back to the WH and yelled at his staff to leave him alone as he rifled through desk drawers and ripped open boxes of Aderall to chug the pills down. "The president had to leave the hospital to get on a drug binge"

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

DandyLion posted:

Yeah, kind of hard to be angry at this. Short of stopping all treatment (which even the bookies won't let me place a bet on), this is pretty good for my Trump deadpool.

My only thing is that it's super hosed up that the white house is gonna be so densely contaminated with the virus that the only way to make the space inhabitable again is gonna be to drop a bomb on it like it's Raccoon City at the end of RE3 and rebuild the whole drat thing.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

pthighs posted:

There are a non-trivial number of people in the US, without celiacs, who have convinced themselves that gluten is literal poison. "How could you feed that poison to your kids!" etc. Enough that many people have had first hand experience with them, and those that don't have heard stories. They absolutely should be made fun of, but not in the dumb manly-man way the MAGAs do it, and with the understanding that some people do have a medical condition where gluten causes them distress.

I make fun of these people because they are the reason I cannot eat in public. I’ve been harassed at grocery stores by people who feel the need to tell me my condition is made up when they see me picking up a box of gluten free pasta or whatever. They are also the reason restaurants do not take requests for gluten free modification seriously. Too many idiots will order a gluten free salad and then complain when it doesn’t have loving croutons or something. I usually get sick at restaurants no matter much they promise they take it all seriously because why would they when most people who are “gluten free” are faking it?

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Don't forget Trump is known to get pissed at anyone who wears masks around him and there is 0% chance of that changing now that he's "all better"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If he has to re hospitalize, what a bad visual

I'm guessing there is no way he consents to it. Probably why he wasn't discharged until later today - they were assembling more facilities in the White House. If he has to go back to the hospital it will be if he's unconscious and unresponsive and they take him there against his will. I think he would at this point rather die - not that he recognizes the realness of that threat - then go back to the hospital willingly.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

SocketWrench posted:

We'll hear in a few days how he got back to the WH and yelled at his staff to leave him alone as he rifled through desk drawers and ripped open boxes of Aderall to chug the pills down. "The president had to leave the hospital to get on a drug binge"

Someone with cardiovascular issues hitting the uppers after being put on a powerful corticosteroid seems like a bad idea.

Trump doing it sounds great to me though.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

SaturdayKnight posted:

I make fun of these people because they are the reason I cannot eat in public. I’ve been harassed at grocery stores by people who feel the need to tell me my condition is made up when they see me picking up a box of gluten free pasta or whatever. They are also the reason restaurants do not take requests for gluten free modification seriously. Too many idiots will order a gluten free salad and then complain when it doesn’t have loving croutons or something. I usually get sick at restaurants no matter much they promise they take it all seriously because why would they when most people who are “gluten free” are faking it?

That sucks man. I’ve run restaurants and catering for a decade and take that shut very seriously as if it were a severe allergy with immediate consequences. It really isn’t that hard to do from a food prep standpoint.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I was listening to Red State Update (still a good listen), and they were trying to come up with comparisons to this behaviour, and they found it basically impossible to make a comparison to something else which would be completely outlandish, because this stupidity has outstripped reality. They basically came down to "it is literally the thing it is" because of just how loving dumb it has all become.

We've got to be in a simulation, written by some dingus college film and TV dropout, who is looking to make some kind of schlocky made-for-TV daytime movie for a network hardly anyone actually watches. This goes beyond dumb.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SaturdayKnight posted:

I realize this does not apply to the majority of people, but as someone with celiacs I am endlessly tired of gluten free being a synonym for sissy somehow. It’s a loving food allergy, how is it that people with peanut or shellfish allergies are ok but if I’m allergic to wheat it’s because I’m weak and effeminate (as if that was a bad thing anyways?). It also owns that my mom has celiacs but voted for the party that genuinely believes gluten free stuff is a liberal hoax to make people become trans (yes that a real thing).

It's because there's a ton of people who have fake fad gluten intolerance and it's become a new liberal cultural signifier to fake that along with a bunch of other bullshit medical stuff (food intolerances of all kinds for example).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He will get rehospitalized if (when) he collapses and then we get the images of the president comatose on a stretcher that he was so desperate to avoid the first time

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Youth Decay posted:

Medical/sci twitter has been in a state of nonstop "WTF are you doing?!!!" since Friday. poo poo I just work in pharma and I feel like banging my head against the wall. I don't care if Trump dies, but he's just exposing so many innocent people in the process (not the GOPers, but the household staff, journalists, family members of the ill, etc)

Despite the idiocy of his own health he's also modeling exactly what you should not do that a good 30% of the population will gleefully follow

A whole bunch of Americans are following trump off this particular bridge

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

It wouldn't be surprising at all if Trump had decided himself (in his demented and now steroid addled brain) that he was leaving, and just decided to tweet it out prior to telling anyone in order to lock them into it, so now Conley and everyone else has to dance around and explain how this was the right decision instead of saying the President is leaving against medical advice.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So Trump has become a living biological weapon.

I'll be honest, four years ago when this all started I knew it would be awful, but I could not have predicted this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Dark Project posted:

Yeah, he's dead. He's essentially killed himself. Welp, there it is.

Don't get your hopes up. Evil fuckers like him usually seem to hang on well into their 80s.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/PaulCPace/status/1313193512544935938?s=19

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The Dark Project posted:

I was listening to Red State Update (still a good listen), and they were trying to come up with comparisons to this behaviour, and they found it basically impossible to make a comparison to something else which would be completely outlandish, because this stupidity has outstripped reality. They basically came down to "it is literally the thing it is" because of just how loving dumb it has all become.

We've got to be in a simulation, written by some dingus college film and TV dropout, who is looking to make some kind of schlocky made-for-TV daytime movie for a network hardly anyone actually watches. This goes beyond dumb.

But that's not a bad idea, insomuch as the thrust of the (Truman) show is people waking up to the realization that we live in a lovely syndicated politcal-dramedy. Just saying, I think its got legs.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

SaturdayKnight posted:

I’ve been harassed at grocery stores by people who feel the need to tell me my condition is made up when they see me picking up a box of gluten free pasta or whatever.

:stare: drat, that's depressing. People are assholes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zwabu posted:

It wouldn't be surprising at all if Trump had decided himself (in his demented and now steroid addled brain) that he was leaving, and just decided to tweet it out prior to telling anyone in order to lock them into it, so now Conley and everyone else has to dance around and explain how this was the right decision instead of saying the President is leaving against medical advice.
Probably, because isn’t the doctor about to have a press conference?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

QuoProQuid posted:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say this tweet was the first time his doctors were informed of this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Great. loving wonderful. Either Trump is going to put more people at risk before he passes or he's going to use the loving 'I had COVID and got better in a weekend' lie and demand a full opening for everything.

It is depressing even Trump getting COVID himself just leads to more people dying or suffering long term illness because of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
one weekend of not tapping the sign and you've all forgotten what it said.

don't make me tap the sign.