Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

Valorant has super intrusive anti-cheat software, so i've been playing its newest competitor, Rogue Company instead.

I tried this at the urging of a friend and it was extremely boring. The broad 'shape' of the game is interesting, but as is the case with almost every MP shooter the blight of modern military means that nothing interesting is being done with the weapons, abilities, movement, levels, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
These are all blending together. Isn't there a BotW looking one that has spells and poo poo? I think it is called Spellbreak, maybe?

And here I am resisting every desire I have to get deep into the FIFA gacha

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought Spellbreak was a battle royale

Valorant is a CS clone
I think at least one of these is a first or third person mobalike?

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Spellbreak is a battle royale, it's kind of neat - you pick an elemental magic and can get another as loot, there are some spell combos and you can get powers like flying or invisibility. I've only played a little, it seems maybe not the best balanced right now, but it's alright for a battle royale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

Is Valorant the Amazon one that went back to beta?

Valorant is Riot Games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The new Epic game is the mobalike, now that I think about it.

Godfall is so completely generic-looking I don't actually know what kind of game it is?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a free to play competitor to Call of Dutys team deathmatch / gameplay modes, that is some of the best competitive gameplay for a FPS right now and I am surprised no one bothers to step into that space.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The new Epic game is the mobalike, now that I think about it.

Godfall is so completely generic-looking I don't actually know what kind of game it is?

All I know about Godfall is that it was the very first world premier PlayStation 5 game shown off, and it was so completely underwhelming.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

I want a free to play competitor to Call of Dutys team deathmatch / gameplay modes, that is some of the best competitive gameplay for a FPS right now and I am surprised no one bothers to step into that space.

Which is funny because Call of Duty is laden with so much post-release monetization that you could easily see the world where it's just f2p instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chinese CoD is f2p

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Like FIFA, why go F2P when you have millions of people paying $60 so they can drop more money on the gacha?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Which is funny because Call of Duty is laden with so much post-release monetization that you could easily see the world where it's just f2p instead.

Right? Instead what Activision has decided to do is make the single player / team deathmatch multiplayer a $60 / $70 yearly purchase, and Battle Royale mode is free to play.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

All I know about Godfall is that it was the very first world premier PlayStation 5 game shown off, and it was so completely underwhelming.

Godfall looks like a graphics card demo. (Which is basically what it is, so good on them I guess.)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought Godfall was a destiny type thing but i know very little about destiny so maybe not

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Godfall looks like a graphics card demo. (Which is basically what it is, so good on them I guess.)

It's not even impressive looking though. Red Dead Redemption 2 still blows everything else out of the water for console games right now. Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be considered the benchmark for PS5/Series X next month.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i cannot easily see the world where activison willingly gives up the $60 per person admission fee

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

It's not even impressive looking though. Red Dead Redemption 2 still blows everything else out of the water for console games right now. Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be considered the benchmark for PS5/Series X next month.

I more meant “let’s shove a bunch of bloom and shininess into it like an nVidia or AMD tech demo”, versus an actual good showcase of graphics.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought Godfall was a destiny type thing but i know very little about destiny so maybe not

It can use Destiny's loot, character, and activity structures without being a sci-fi FPS (I don't know if it actually does these things, but other games have)

May 8, 2006

I think making a F2P CoD MP competitor would be really hard. You've got to go up against a long-standing, popular, well-funded franchise and make a better game. It can't actually be for-real better, because ADS-addled snipelords don't want to play Quake or Unreal, so it has to be a better version of the same thing. But it also has to give them reason to switch off the thing they already like, and I'm not actually sure 'free' would be enough of a draw for the yearly COD buying crowd.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dewgy posted:

I more meant “let’s shove a bunch of bloom and shininess into it like an nVidia or AMD tech demo”, versus an actual good showcase of graphics.

Fair! That is a good example of a tech demo, and one not done at all well.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I really don't see what's so impressive about RDR2's graphics, especially on consoles.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I think making a F2P CoD MP competitor would be really hard. You've got to go up against a long-standing, popular, well-funded franchise and make a better game. It can't actually be for-real better, because ADS-addled snipelords don't want to play Quake or Unreal, so it has to be a better version of the same thing. But it also has to give them reason to switch off the thing they already like, and I'm not actually sure 'free' would be enough of a draw for the yearly COD buying crowd.

What if it had anime babes

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I seem to recall Crucible was big on Twitch for a single day, then it disappeared off the map completely

May 8, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

What if it had anime babes

now you're cookin

https://twitter.com/MelloMakes/status/1278179703703121923?s=19

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

I seem to recall Crucible was big on Twitch for a single day, then it disappeared off the map completely

I was never able to play it myself, I couldn't login for whatever reason, but supposedly the game had promise. Amazon felt it still needed a bunch more time though, so they pulled it off Steam and are still developing it in closed beta. They've been unable to finish a game so far, but seem to actually take user feedback very seriously. Their other game, New World, got delayed by 9 - 12 months after everyone told them it was a boring game that needed way more content. It was going to turn into an MMORPG, but had almost no quests. So Amazon is going back and filling in the world with activities, instead of pulling a Fallout 76 where they release it now with nothing to do, leave players frustrated, and then update it a year later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What about this is an incorrect statement though?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t quite get the nostalgia for Ps1-era polygons, I won’t lie

May 8, 2006

I said come in! posted:

What about this is an incorrect statement though?

I'm in agreement with it 100%

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I've been playing Parasite Eve 1, and I really want a modern day next-gen remake. Although the remakes of Resident Evil series are the next best thing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1226610123000467457

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Valorant has super intrusive anti-cheat software, so i've been playing its newest competitor, Rogue Company instead.

In all of the advertisements for that game they never actually feature any gameplay footage so even after visiting the store page I still have no idea what kind of game it is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

In all of the advertisements for that game they never actually feature any gameplay footage so even after visiting the store page I still have no idea what kind of game it is

It's Counter-Strike, but the matches are a super unnecessary 24 rounds.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I said come in! posted:

It's Counter-Strike, but the matches are a super unnecessary 24 rounds.

That seems super weird because the trailers made it seem like some sort of Destiny-like character-based wave shooter

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

:hmmyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think gamers who are super into warzone and also the type to send death threats to journalists don’t know what vagrant story is, so you might be safe

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

what about this fish

https://i.imgur.com/uXGlOkz.mp4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I love it when games give you a WARNING message like that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Low poly art is fine but the PS1 had hideous texturing thanks to its lack of perspective correction, hard to see who's nostalgic for that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006