Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Night in the Woods is on Xbox Game Pass, everyone please play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No. Its a game where I love the plot but won't enjoy the story if that makes sense

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

No I'm from that kind of shithole town originally, I'm good

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

very suspicious cushion

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think i'll take a break from genshin until 1.1, maybe they'll make the adventure rank grind slightly less miserable

it's not even a $$$ thing, it's just the act of redoing the same boring poo poo over and over to grind adventure exp. i assume you can use $$$ if you run out of ways to refresh resin, but that's not the issue, it's the tasks that generate adventure exp are even less interesting than the randomized tasks in Control

they should take a page from ARR and have way more world quests. and then they can cut stuff down later on when they get to 7 regions

but getting to AR22 and unlocking no new sidequests.. it was pretty demoralizing because of how boring it was getting from 21 to 22

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes but, no weapon durability !!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's a really pretty game, i like to run around the world, and unlock waypoints

but i need progression to maintain interest. i like the destiny games but only for the campaigns and adventure quests, i don't just boot in and sit around on a planet waiting for the random events because those are boring as poo poo and the same every time

genshin makes the random poo poo a mandatory grind

i have a weird thing in my brain where a game can actually trigger a malaise that sort of turns into depression if i'm not careful and then i lose motivation to do much of anything other than work or just put random youtube poo poo on and not even really pay attention. genshin started triggering that pretty badly. normally i enjoy my weekends to relax and play games, but i came out of the weekend drained and looking forward to working which is.. bad

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 6, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm assuming they'll expedite that stuff when the next region comes out, the 20s seem kind of deliberately padded out so most people don't get to the end before they add more story quests. and even though there's stuff that unlocks into the 40s and above, the game basically ends at AR29 right now, and leveling above that is incredibly unreasonable

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 6, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

i'm assuming they'll expedite that stuff when the next region comes out, the 20s seem kind of deliberately padded out so most people don't get to the end before they add more story quests. and even though there's stuff that unlocks into the 40s and above, the game basically ends at AR29 right now, and leveling above that is incredibly unreasonable

That sounds like the difficulty curve of every gacha game ever though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

No I'm from that kind of shithole town originally, I'm good

Okay fair enough, that is actually a legit reason to not play it because stuff will come up that gets pretty loving real.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

That sounds like the difficulty curve of every gacha game ever though.
not really, most gachas gate content based on your characters levels or strength or whatever, adventure rank in genshin is pretty much just a time gate after a point. after youve gotten all the one time stuff out of the way there's more or less a constant amount of adventure experience you can get a day, and the amount of aep you need increases each time you rank up. but theres not really much you can do in the way of grinding to make it go faster, its just like come back tomorrow and do your dailies and use your resin

you can spend money to get more resin and that will give you a little more aep a day, but thats insanely expensive for very little gain

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

just started playing 3 houses, it's pretty fun so far :)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

It’s pretty obvious that genshin impact being a Chinese game is the culprit, there was someone in this very thread who was like “i don’t trust it, it probably has spyware”. I’ve seen this (definitely racist) attitude in the real world too.

Bit late but I think you missed the part where those were Chinese fans at a Chinese games show

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm thinking of getting a new avatar. I have an idea but I need to resize it. What are the avatar limits for file size and dimensions?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Lowtax completely severed from the site yet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro/status/1313350423550414848?s=20

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I get the Mario Game and Watch. It's the original size just with modern upgrades under the hood.

I have adult sized hands, how the gently caress is the Micro going to be comfortable to play after long stretches.
It's a gimmick, and I probably would have bought one if it was like 25-50% larger.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think you're actually meant to play it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know everyone is focused on the Monster Hunter movie but what about some thing that looks like it's satirizing GTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2m-08cOAbc
"The movie has been confirmed to feature internet personalities like Pokimane, Ninja, Lazarbeam and Jacksepticeye."

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

1. I hate Ryan Reynolds
2. Free Guy looks super derivative

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't remember Marie looking like that exactly.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Source your art

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

I don't think you're actually meant to play it
Yeah I think you are supposed to buy it and then scalp it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does anyone main Game and Watch in Smash

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hey

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anyone been watching Mythic Quest on whatever streaming channel it's on. Is it funny.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've run the numbers and I've decided to call it Gamblin' Low-Impact (because it's a gacha game, and it takes forever to kill a monster).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Tag yourself. I’m “Room Mood: Tense”

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't remember why I've seen that before but I wish I hadn't seen it again

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When the mood is tense, I say "Manholes are usually on public roads"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

When the mood is tense, I say "Manholes are usually on public roads"

Same energy for the first column
https://i.imgur.com/1b1bXUU.mp4
(Right click -> Sound)

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I'm the implied high expectation, probably based on prior experience, that just hanging out and playing games, in a presumably casual and fun situation, will result in a tense atmosphere that will require prior thought and plans to defuse and remediate, but I'm also the apparently incredibly optimistic, contradictory and dualistic self reminder to (bring oil).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it might be a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I am not the biggest Bowsette fan, but what else could visually represent these threads of ours? Seriously, tell me. These are all WIPs and can be edited based on your suggestions

Kirby