Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Petey posted:

I didn't see that live angle make! Do you have a link? I realize my last post sounds very 👁which is not my intent or my typical bent. The first video's obvious morph cut has me thinking :tinfoil: and it may be driving me slightly mad.

Yeah he did two, one that was edited to look cinematic, showing the chopper land and etc, but one of him speaking directly to the camera and someone already posted the CNN version of what I was talking about, but I saw the same thing live on MSNBC. You saw the camera crew come up on the live feed and him gesturing and speaking so yeah, that one was made on the spot.

We have to be careful not to look for stuff that isn't there right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1313462180617093121?s=21

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Last year Japan had 5738 cases of flu from 9/9-9/15

This year in the same period Japan had 4.

Turns out a near 100% compliance with masks makes a difference.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm hearing that the steroids that they gave trump are powerful enough that he can't just stop taking them. he has to be weaned off. that's probably gonna cause some problems in the short term isn't it?
Broadly speaking yes, but it depends a bit how high the dose is and how long he's on them. The need to wean is caused by the body adapting to the outside hormone and downregulating it's internally produced stress hormones. Sudden withdrawal of the drug leaves the body with not enough stress hormone, and in the worst case can lead to a potentially fatal Addisonian Crisis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK441933/. But that is quite manageable by weaning the steroid correctly, so in and of itself it's not a huge problem.

Trump just has to keep his mind on an even keel and follow doctors' orders.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Smeef posted:

The real question at this point is who are they going to substitute in to be the mouth of Trump when the debate goes to webcast and they put up a cardboard prop of Trump with the mouth cut out.

I wonder if Sean Spicer is available.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I just don't feel like "hey we might have to put another 100k corpses on the pile" is a reassuring argument. Just live with it!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Said it before but, fuckin Cowslip's Warren poo poo right here.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's always been a poorly kept secret that Trump operates on so many drugs he's basically a fat corpse powered by crystal meth, so I'm not sure how introducing a deadly pathogen would even counteract his day to day life

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Y'all do realize that a very possible option for the whole Claudia Conway thing is she is just a third angle in the grift thing, yes?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Some of y'all getting to QAnon levels of photo analysis here

Boris lived, Trump probably will too, it's likely the extremely expensive interventions he got give him a wickedly different prognosis than if you or I got sick, and making medical analysis based on still photos is getting into loony tunes territory.

e;f;b

Boris is almost 20 years younger than Trump.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Question, I've not followed Tom Cotton's career and so mostly he sits in my mind as the guy who asked lobbyists how he was supposed to do his job when he got elected: how did he go from being described as the literal dumbest senator to apparently 2024's emperor palpatine in waiting?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Are we qanon now? :ohdear:

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Telsa Cola posted:

Y'all do realize that a very possible option for the whole Claudia Conway thing is she is just a third angle in the grift thing, yes?
"A 15 year old is an elaborate grifter trying to play multiple sides of a political conflict for little clear gain" vs "a 15 year old hates her abusive parents."

Hmmmmmm I wonder which it is???:thunk:

Kale
May 14, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

Thus far, the poll below is an outlier, but a +16 Biden victory would start approaching "flipping Tennessee" territory.

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1313421043541970945

The debates increasingly look like Hail Marys for a campaign that is losing badly. Obviously, we still have four weeks left in the campaign and shouldn't treat anything as settled, but it's increasingly hard for me to imagine how Trump turns things around.

there is literally nothing to suggest this and a lot to suggest it is false, including the fact that trump referenced tweets that he made in the day prior to him being released and that we could see him making the videos after climbing the steps

can we not do the conspiracy poo poo? please? if there was an attempt at a massive ruse, the press would have heard about it in less than half a day

I was saying to my friend last night it feels like he's going to have to rely hugely on all time voter suppression, an all time electoral college/popular vote split (seems statistically impossible though if the polling gap translates into the voting pattern in a month though) or most likely trying to dispute the results as "unfair" when he loses. Voter Suppression seems most likely to come into play in Florida where he's down by like 5-6 points and likely needs DeSantis to run significant interference for him to carry the state again.

It looks like by and large the country for the most part just wants to be done with the guy though. I wonder what kind of polling position he'd honestly be in without the sum total of all the bullshit and antics. Like I could see him only being down by the standard 3 or so points in the polls.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Telsa Cola posted:

Are you saying a 15 year-old teenager should be accused of some sort of vague conspiracy based on the sins of her parents?

Claudia Conway appears to be like any other person her age who is dealing with bad parents that are separating, only with a much higher profile due to the nature of her parents' positions in the Republican Party.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Has there been any peep form rescheduling and/or reformatting the debates?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/debate-pence-harris-wednesday/2020/10/04/11e50174-0650-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

It doesn't sound like it. This is loving insane.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Telsa Cola posted:

Could you please outline how having your kid shitpost about your failed parenting generates income?

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Failed Imagineer posted:

This poo poo is loving stupid and enraging. It doesn't loving matter if the biologic Trump got was manufactured in HEK or CHO cell lines, there is zero ethical distinction, and to try to create a dumb gotcha out of this just reinforces the insane evangelical arguments which obstructed medical research for decades. loving libs

I agree with this. Not only do they not understand or remember cognitive dissonance, but creating a talking point out of this doesn't even argue against their beliefs that it is "unethical."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Telsa Cola posted:

She's 15 years old.

This isn't aimed at you, but please everybody stop hanging on the words of, and watching the videos of, a 15 year old who is clearly having a hard time. It's fuckin weird. I don't care if they're epically owning their parents. Every 15 year old does that all the time and it would be weird to watch their videos too.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

skylined! posted:

Could you please outline how having your kid shitpost about your failed parenting generates income?

TikTok influencer. Brands love that poo poo.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Hiro Protagonist posted:

"A 15 year old is an elaborate grifter trying to play multiple sides of a political conflict for little clear gain" vs "a 15 year old hates her abusive parents."

Hmmmmmm I wonder which it is???:thunk:

Both her parents are grifters, it's not really a far reaching idea to say that she either learned or is getting pointers from them. Also yeah becoming extremely famous online/TikTok isn't "little clear gain" for a 15 year old.

Kaal posted:

Are you saying a 15 year-old teenager should be accused of some sort of vague conspiracy based on the sins of her parents?

Claudia Conway appears to be like any other person her age who is dealing with bad parents that are separating, only with a much higher profile due to the nature of her parents' positions in the Republican Party.

I think that we should be more cautious instead of treating her almost the exact same way we treated her father before it became obvious about his side of the grift.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

She's 15 years old.

This isn't aimed at you, but please everybody stop hanging on the words of, and watching the videos of, a 15 year old who is clearly having a hard time. It's fuckin weird. I don't care if they're epically owning their parents. Every 15 year old does that all the time and it would be weird to watch their videos too.

Also yeah, even if I am way off base the amount of attention she is getting over this probably isn't healthy.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 6, 2020

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

Even if she is a grifter (I don't think she is tho) it is still extremely lovely that her mom lied about not having covid and then got her infected.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or like, treating her as a privileged source of unvarnished insider information about the President's health

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It's theoretically possible the Claudia Conway is an incredible illusion of a puppetmaster family desperate to influence every single corner of the political spectrum, but since she's just 15 years old it's a bonkers thing to assume. No conspiracy theory is required to explain her behaviour.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

Both her parents are grifters, it's not really a far reaching idea to say that she either learned or is getting pointers from them. Also yeah becoming extremely famous online/TikTok isn't "little clear gain" for a 15 year old.

I think that we should be more cautious instead of treating her almost the exact same way we treated her father before it became obvious about his side of the grift.

Also yeah, even if I am way off base the amount of attention she is getting over this probably isn't healthy.
If you have an issue with the amount of attention people are giving her just say that. Don't accuse the child abuse victim of being part of an elaborate con.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
If her claims are incorrect I think it is far more likely she is simply mistaken than she is deliberately lying.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Assuming one part of the family is a despicable person based on the others aren’t very cool imo.

I hate (most) of the Trump children, not based on their parents, but based on their behavior. If Don Jr. had been openly hostile towards his father and all that he stood for, I’d be the first to wish him well. But he isn’t, so I won’t.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She's an angry teenager who was already meh on her parents and living situation that found out one of them got her infected with COVID. I don't think it's any deeper than that.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Some of y'all getting to QAnon levels of photo analysis here

Boris lived, Trump probably will too, it's likely the extremely expensive interventions he got give him a wickedly different prognosis than if you or I got sick, and making medical analysis based on still photos is getting into loony tunes territory.

e;f;b

To be clear I think Trump has the best possible chance of seeing this through to the end.

I just want to point out that Boris lived and is also 56. Trump is 74.

You know who else was rich, a politician, and 74? Herman Cain. Just sayin.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Max posted:

She's an angry teenager who was already meh on her parents and living situation that found out one of them got her infected with COVID. I don't think it's any deeper than that.

It's really not even worth further thought or discussion.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

Max posted:

She was pursuing emancipation, so a little more than meh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I hope she gets away from her lovely parents. That's all the thought that's really needed.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

To be clear I think Trump has the best possible chance of seeing this through to the end.

Also Boris listened to his doctors and wasn't adamant about going back to rallies and pulling increasingly dumb stunts to try and convince people he wasn't a weak, sick old man

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can we stop trying to analyze a teenage girl's inner soul it's weird, I want more Trump death news

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Endorph posted:

I hope she gets away from her lovely parents. That's all the thought that's really needed.

Yeah I agree.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

syntaxrigger posted:

Cain was a cancer survivor and had that post Chemo immune system.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

VitalSigns posted:

Can we stop trying to analyze a teenage girl's inner soul it's weird, I want more Trump death news

scoop: trump will die at some point in the future

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

kitten emergency posted:

scoop: trump will die at some point in the future

It feels like were sitting on the positive side of the odds for once. Either Trump dies (fantastic), or he lives to witness the ignominy of defeat (fantastic).

The alternative of him winning is just the basal frustration and existential terror that liberals have been living with for the last 4 years already.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

DandyLion posted:

It feels like were sitting on the positive side of the odds for once. Either Trump dies (fantastic), or he lives to witness the ignominy of defeat (fantastic).

The alternative of him winning is just the basal frustration and existential terror that liberals have been living with for the last 4 years already.

Don't worry, there's still a month to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The ideal would be for him to lose badly and be too weak to mount a fascist coup.