Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wait so we have the guard frames on Add Bullet and Ein Raketen?

Yeah, we git the full ep6 gunslash buffs, but not the hero buffs that came in that same jp update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, we git the full ep6 gunslash buffs, but not the hero buffs that came in that same jp update

huh

well

...pscrew

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stanos posted:

Hero doesn't have the recent buffs but we somehow got the luster gunblade buffs.

Huh weird. Guess dodging is easier than I realized.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Sidenote that everyone should do the Zieg quest for the Talismans if they haven't already. The weapons with the augments only cost 8 ex-cubes each and the talismans make just having them in your inventory work. The two effects are: More unidentified and More affixes on drops. The second especially should never leave your inventory again.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Last i recall any weapon fitting those talismans no longer exists in the global version so... v:v:v

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MR. J posted:

Last i recall any weapon fitting those talismans no longer exists in the global version so... v:v:v

They just added them.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
In NT form or what?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yes they’re NTs.

e: After taking some hours today to finish Episode 4 and make a little headway into 5, I can now sign up to Buster. Anything more I need to know?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MR. J posted:

In NT form or what?

8 cubes from the cube shop, NTs.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Rynoto posted:

Sidenote that everyone should do the Zieg quest for the Talismans if they haven't already. The weapons with the augments only cost 8 ex-cubes each and the talismans make just having them in your inventory work. The two effects are: More unidentified and More affixes on drops. The second especially should never leave your inventory again.

More unidentified sounds like a curse, unless I'm farming something I know won't drop 100 deos on me. More augments sounds real good though.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It used to be helpful back when 13☆s didn't automatically drop with 60 element. You'd need two (or three if unlucky) drops of an item with matching element to get 60 back then.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Managed to hit 75 (now 76) on Force over the weekend, levels definitely take longer now but that's fine. I think I can convert some of my silver keys into a gold to try and cheese out a few more levels before I run out of keys completely.

I'm at the point where I probably need to get my head around what gear I should be working towards at this point though, here's where I'm at right now:

Force (76)/Techter (56)
Mag: 102 (all tech)
Weapon: Nox Lipher
Units: Stellar Wall +7 (in all 3 slots)
L Ring: Tech Charge Parry 1
R Ring: C Tech 1

I picked up most of this stuff from the player shops after selling off some scratch stuff I didn't like, tried to find ones that had decent stats for the cheaper range of them all since I didn't know what I was doing. I know I need to finish my mag, grind out my rings, I'll be working on fleshing out my technique list this week. I wasn't sure if I should bother grinding this rod or just start working on a better one? Also those units were given to me when I hit 75 and the stats seemed decent so I upgraded them until it started getting wonky on me, figure there's probably a better set to sink my resources into.

I've been basing my build off of some one's I found online, I've only minorly messed mine up before finding guides (tossed too many points into the first tech up), but I'll reset later once people have figured out better builds for the new cap.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Getting the Stellar Walls to +10 is worthwhile, there's never a reason to have unupgraded units and the affixes on those will carry you for some time until you find something better. Get a bunch of -1 grind thingos from the Fun Scratch, it'll help.

As for the rod, it's probably not worth grinding that one out but I'm not sure what the current hotness for cheap rods is. The "Next 13*" Collection File is worth doing, not for the weapons themselves but because they come at +30 you can easily just get four from the file and use them to fully grind another 13* weapon and save on Lambda Grinders.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, the easiest upgrade you can do right now would be replacing your Nox Rod with a Psycho Rod. Psycho Rod has a pretty nuts potential.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Getting the Stellar Walls to +10 is worthwhile, there's never a reason to have unupgraded units and the affixes on those will carry you for some time until you find something better. Get a bunch of -1 grind thingos from the Fun Scratch, it'll help.

As for the rod, it's probably not worth grinding that one out but I'm not sure what the current hotness for cheap rods is. The "Next 13*" Collection File is worth doing, not for the weapons themselves but because they come at +30 you can easily just get four from the file and use them to fully grind another 13* weapon and save on Lambda Grinders.
I'll work on grinding out the units then, thanks!

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, the easiest upgrade you can do right now would be replacing your Nox Rod with a Psycho Rod. Psycho Rod has a pretty nuts potential.

I'll look into that one, thanks.

While I'm at it, I somehow ended up with 40 Rising Weapon 4 badges and only need 10 more for one of the new weapons, but I'm not sure if that's actually any good or just used for upgrade fodder.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

You need 6 copies of those so you can mash 5 of them into the remaining one. Those are used as part of some upgrade stuff for a specific weapon.

Edit: this poo poo

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

brand engager posted:

You need 6 copies of those so you can mash 5 of them into the remaining one. Those are used as part of some upgrade stuff for a specific weapon.

Note that people can also sell them on the Personal shop, so if you have the money it might be better to grab what you can there and save some badges.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

brand engager posted:

Jesus christ.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
on the upside aex is still 100% viable on jp even after being power crept by lightstream/liberate/whatever new malarkey they put in for the ep6 endgame due to a 2nd potential being added later so imo it's worth the hurdles. They may or may not have quests at some point that you can grind for lumiere drops which helped tremendously on jp

there's not really going to be very many "easy" strong weapons from this point on (i.e. they almost all require some upgrade steps like these) so i guess it depends on individual desire. I sure as hell didn't have much left in me after finishing 3 weapons but i am also a burnt out husk of a pso2 player so your mileage may vary

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hivac posted:

on the upside aex is still 100% viable on jp even after being power crept by lightstream/liberate/whatever new malarkey they put in for the ep6 endgame due to a 2nd potential being added later so imo it's worth the hurdles. They may or may not have quests at some point that you can grind for lumiere drops which helped tremendously on jp

there's not really going to be very many "easy" strong weapons from this point on (i.e. they almost all require some upgrade steps like these) so i guess it depends on individual desire. I sure as hell didn't have much left in me after finishing 3 weapons but i am also a burnt out husk of a pso2 player so your mileage may vary

I do wonder how quickly I'll run into the wall of time needed in this game. So far is been great because I usually only have 1-2 hours I can play most days and with how short a lot of the missions are I feel like I can get a decent amount done. At some point I'm guessing that amount of time isn't going to be enough, but we'll see. I ran into this issue with FFXIV, which is one of the reasons I don't play anymore (the other being I played it for like 5 years so I was just burned out).

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
well hopefully they don't require the same amount of kills of DF:P for lightstream weapons on NA. I think on JP it's like 50 to get the time stone equivalent for that series. Same goes for the most recent series/EQ boss IIRC

basically what i'm getting at is delete EQs/urgents

Reco fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 5, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I logged in briefly last night afternot having had time to play for awhile and saw I had 2 silver and 1 gold key in my inventory that had expired. I guess I was inactive longer than I thought. :smithicide:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I logged in briefly last night afternot having had time to play for awhile and saw I had 2 silver and 1 gold key in my inventory that had expired. I guess I was inactive longer than I thought. :smithicide:

They can still be combined on the swap shop, expired or not. I tend to farm up silver keys through dailies and then combine them all on PSO2 day for grinding.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So I did the story quests up the the point I should unlock dark blast, but I still don't have access, any idea why?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I didn't unlock it until I was actually in the gateship for one of the buster quests. Did you skip some of the later ones?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Zoig posted:

So I did the story quests up the the point I should unlock dark blast, but I still don't have access, any idea why?

Go to the middle of the gate area on the oracle ship.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
To honor those who just stand there in Deus Esca's stage-cutting attack, here's a simple guide to prevent it.

Yeah, kinda bitter about people not avoiding the big obvious attack that kills you in one hit, especially if it's against Gracia.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I recently discovered that that attack isn't actually a one shot and the massive damage reduction on summoner's ego harmony is enough to survive it with neither you or your pet dieing.

Just don't ask how this was discovered.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Pyro Jack posted:

To honor those who just stand there in Deus Esca's stage-cutting attack, here's a simple guide to prevent it.

Yeah, kinda bitter about people not avoiding the big obvious attack that kills you in one hit, especially if it's against Gracia.

Eh, my HU is chunky enough to eat that poo poo and come out of it a okay. It doesn't even drop me below 50% HP.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 6, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Combat Lobster posted:

Eh, my HU is chunky enough to eat that poo poo and come out of it a okay. It doesn't even drop me below 50% HP.

... dang.

Yeah it took me way too long to learn how to avoid that attack. Also I still get the pattern of his thorn wave attack backwards and eat the first one almost every time. :doh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pyro Jack posted:

This poo poo happens even on JP, years after this content is ancient. Dunno what you expect from people.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
My relatively limited time in WoW has taught me that "don't stand in the bad stuff" is a very limited skill.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ouhei posted:

I do wonder how quickly I'll run into the wall of time needed in this game. So far is been great because I usually only have 1-2 hours I can play most days and with how short a lot of the missions are I feel like I can get a decent amount done. At some point I'm guessing that amount of time isn't going to be enough, but we'll see. I ran into this issue with FFXIV, which is one of the reasons I don't play anymore (the other being I played it for like 5 years so I was just burned out).

My "daily" chores break down to:

1) Recommended exploration w/daily client orders - ~15 minutes
2) Buster quest- 10-20 minutes per run
3) Daily crafting orders - ~5 minutes
4) Shop management - ~10 minutes

The rest of the time is spent working on any weekly/tier missions I haven't completed yet, picking away at the story, etc. Where I really lose time those if when UQs pop up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

the fire is my friend and i will stand in it forever

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

the fire is my friend and i will stand in it forever

Fire is just another name for 200% pp regen :agreed:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

My "daily" chores break down to:

1) Recommended exploration w/daily client orders - ~15 minutes
2) Buster quest- 10-20 minutes per run
3) Daily crafting orders - ~5 minutes
4) Shop management - ~10 minutes

The rest of the time is spent working on any weekly/tier missions I haven't completed yet, picking away at the story, etc. Where I really lose time those if when UQs pop up.

That's not too bad, as long as I don't hit the wall too hard before NGS comes out I think I'll be good.

Also, picked up a Psycho Wand last night, ground it up a few levels before realizing the element on is is no where near the max. Looked up how I can raise that and said gently caress that so back up on the marketplace it goes. I may just grind out advance quests to see how quick I can get 400 badges for a Nemesis...

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Code Jockey posted:

Also I still get the pattern of his thorn wave attack backwards and eat the first one almost every time. :doh:

!?

You shouldn’t have to figure out which direction the thorn wave is coming from, just find the blank spots along the front/back of the area that are thorn-wave free.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

latinotwink1997 posted:

!?

You shouldn’t have to figure out which direction the thorn wave is coming from, just find the blank spots along the front/back of the area that are thorn-wave free.

Funny you mention this, I did not realize those were there until last night, and I swear I've read guides to this fight before. I usually use my iframes during Strike Bomber to avoid the attack, but I switched classes to level on Ranger last night and hadn't looked up what techniques give me iframes yet, so when that attack started I got worried... until I noticed that there was this little bit of the ground that wasn't turning blue. :doh:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

latinotwink1997 posted:

!?

or just do the ol' Elder Laser Strat and just stand right at the front of the arena on the edge closest to him and it won't hit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

or just do the ol' Elder Laser Strat and just stand right at the front of the arena on the edge closest to him and it won't hit you.

I wondered why that laser never seemed to hurt...